/RJG/ - Rian "Thick Willy" Johnson General

He did it. The madman actually did it.

He turned the benchmark for popcorn blockbusters into a legitimate pleb-filter. He knew the backlash would be coming for him from fat nerds and manchildren for "making something inaccessible to franchise fans." He knew he was shaking up the status quo by actually examining a theme instead of just painting it on in post as an afterthought. He knew. And he did it anyway because somebody had to tell those fat fucks to take a shower and get out of the house. What Malick did to conventional narrative, Johnson did to space opera.

You don't have to thank him right now. But you will. We all will.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wIPzAALdjaQ?t=132
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Quit trying to spin his incompetence as intentional

I actually like him. But that pasta was originally for Snyder right?

i didn't like looper but tlg is better than tfa and the prequels combined if that means anything

Dubs of truth.

what are your expectations for his trilogy?

Dubs of truthier.

From 2:14 to where he cuts off

youtu.be/wIPzAALdjaQ?t=132

People pissed off at the "kill the past" line need to watch this.

Rian is merely a padawan still in training. The true master of manchild tears will never be toppled.

I haven't heard much about it, but I'd love for him to examine the Jedi at the height of their power and paint them in a morally ambiguous, conflicted, and sometimes even evil way. The Old Republic or bust.

I fear his trilogy might never happen. But I hope it does.

stop making fucking star wars threads. you literally have an entire website for that, and it's called reddit.

Oh it is a filter alright. Literally the only way to enjoy this film if turning your brain off. If someone says they like TLJ, you now have proof that person is a brainlet

>He knew.
Modest kek.

He was a small-time movie maker who was put into a role far beyond his current capability. He doesn't understand Star Wars, his audience, or basic filmmaking. Which is why he's been deer in the headlights about all the backlash

>this pic again
All it proves is that TLJ fans have never seen the OT.

Disney has the gun to his head

i guess he really subverted out expectations

But Yoda did go live in a swamp and Obi-Wan watching Luke not doing much.

He's just proud of directing one of the top 3 Star Wars and is sharing that excitement.

Apologize to Rian, Sup Forums!

lmao, now that's what I call desperation

Confessions made under extortion are not credible

Now this kind of shitposting I can get into.
The Last Jedi is too patrician for the plebs! Ha ha!

I hope Mark and Rian can make at least one more movie together. Mark fucking brought it and Luke's story was more tragic and heroic than anything in the OT.

Yeah yeah we hear you it's all one big conspiracy

Daily reminder that he's going to make three more star wars movies. He was given his on trilogy.

And then they trained a guy who wiped out the Sith. At no point did they cry like bitches about how the Jedi deserved it and need to commit sudoku.

It's going to be great. No stupid JJ mysteries. No stupid baggage from the worst SW film ever.

I can't tell if this is ironic or not.

It's not a conspiracy. Its standard practice to contractually obligate actors to promote the film

But I recall hearing it will not be a "saga" trilogy, more like a side-story. Still, as I said up top, I'd love to see The Old Republic on screen, but if he's got some future era in mind, I'd be a little curious.

>At no point did they cry like bitches about how the Jedi deserved it and need to commit sudoku.
It's almost like, almost like Luke has a character arc in TLJ. From cynical old man for losing his students who then regains hope.

Also Yoda seemed pretty whiny for most of the film.

not after TLJ's box office run
I see "future endeavors" and "creative differences" in Rian's future

TFA was somehow worse than the prequels. I don't understand how this one was even marginally anticipated.

Holdo was not the first to use the Katharr maneuver. Several famous battles were won by utilizing partial hyperspace acceleration. The common thread in all these victories, however, was unimaginable desperation. For indeed, it is phyrric, and the victory short-lived.

The Katharr maneuver is immensely powerful and virtually indefensible, but it literally tears a hole in the local hyperspace, cutting off routes and rendering further escape impossible. A measure of last resort, in prolonged battles it is virtually unheard of given the risks it poses. Victors stranded with the remnants of the enemy fleet, usually in no better position than they were before save a head start on retreat while the enemy recoups their losses and regroups.

Legends also tell of dark things hiding in hyperspace tears; things that lurk between the void, viscous things that are thought to be worse than utter defeat by your enemy. The old texts call these things the Uuzha'n, and while none surviving can corroborate their true existence, any sane officer can tell you no victory is worth risking the Katharr gambit.

EPISODE X
THE VOID SEEPS

The galaxy is finally at peace. United under the newly elected Grand Council, REY SOLO leads the efforts to rebuild the damage done by the forces of evil. It seems that the future is finally secure.
However, a message has been received by ADMIRAL DAMERON and FINN's New Order commandos salvaging near CRAIT. On the site of the Old Fleet's worst defeat, something strange is happening. A darkness looms over the war-torn sector.
Across the galaxy, THE FORCEWALKERS are dealing with a new threat. A strange disease is afflicting droids and men alike. JAYNA SOLO, Rey's daughter, is on the trail of the cause when disaster strikes...

>It's almost like, almost like Luke has a character arc in TLJ. From cynical old man for losing his students who then regains hope.
To die for nothing but so that an undeserving Mary Sue can inherit the Jedi.

Best part was when she pulled a lightsaber on Luke...because he pulled a lightsaber on her long distance e-force boyfriend.
Yoda was right, truly, she possesses the combined wisdom of all jedi across the millennia already.

it wasn't his IP to deconstruct though. So he gets no respect for shitting on other's work.
He's a literal nobody gifted the highest grossing franchise ever, and fucked it up.

EPISODE XI
THE TERROR BEYOND TIME

It is the darkest hour. The YUUZHAN VONG have emerged from the void and cannot be stopped. POE'S sacrifice has only slowed them down.
JAYNA is grievously wounded. Under VAL's leadership, THE FORCEWALKERS are in disarray. The last line of defense is in danger of collapsing.
The Grand Council is no more. The discovery that The Old Fleet caused this new catastrophe has sown mistrust and outright rebellion among the surviving systems. REY SOLO heads to Coruscant to play her final card...

EPISODE XII
A NEW ERA DAWNS

Everything ends. The YUUZHAN VONG flagship nears TYTHON to wipe out the last vestiges of THE FORCE. REY can hide no longer.
The rest of the galaxy is lost. Though the tear in hyperspace has been mended, nothing stands in the way of the forces that continue their cruel march. It is the final hour for hope.
JAYNA and FINN remain captives. Cruel experiments continue to try and wrest the secrets of the JEDI. Among their fellow prisoners, however, are rumblings of a final stand...

He didn't deconstruct it.

Brainlets are tossing around "deconstruction" and "subversion" like they have any fucking clue what they mean.
Most of em don't even realize that if Finn sacrificed himself, the rebels would still be stuck in the cave.

>complains about brainlets
>goes full brainlet
woah

fbp

If they ain't gonna play the hits I sure as fuck ain't gonna buy any more of their plastic tat.

>animals couldn't leave until cannon fired
>the shot actually opened up the rear cavern
>yfw rose single-handedly saved everyone in the movie

he is only a master of kino

How did he fuck it up?

I am unironically inspired by this man. Disney took a huge risk but it paid off.

>the shot actually opened up the rear cavern
>somehow absolutely nobody in the resistance noticed that this had happened until the very last minute when someone suggests looking for an unmapped exit

Control of damage now brings us to someone more idiot than Johnson

only a master of evil, darth

It's called dramatic tension, Cletus.

He is as much competent as that fuck up who made the Netflix Death Note.

It's called convenient writing. And it had nothing to do with the blaster, it was a fox hole, thus why they followed the foxes when Poe conveniently realized they stopped jingling. Rose did nothing.

No, it's called lazy writing

Why wouldn't the foxes use the fox hole before the cannon was fired?

They did, thus coming in and then running to the back instead of standing with the idiot rebels

They did, after the cannon fired. They were standing with The rebels The whole time. Remeber the shots of the one standing on the flowerpot thing? The point is that if they could have left earlier they would have. They couldnt, because the impact of the cannon on the front door opened the passage in the back.

Also Finn and Rose's getaway car, the wall in front of the communication center, supplies etc would have had holes if the blaster had penetrated further than the blast door. There were no such openings, it only put a hole in the blast door. Rose was completely useless.

One stood on a box, then someone made noise and it ran away. You're reaching dude.

Do you think shockwaves don't exist in the Star Wars universe? The door was built into the mountain, the mountain absorbed the shockwave, which loosened and opened the back passage that according to C3PO wasn't there before. I feel bad for Rian that such simple cause and effect was lost in the audience.

Yeah, but now thanks to all the whinny alpha nerd hivemind faggots there will be no innovation in the SW universe. We're back to hacky ol' JJ for the next one apparently. Fuck.

I love it when nerds aren't spoonfed something they want and they try to pass it off as objectively bad. We KNOW why you don't like the movie.

Shockwave from what? It didn't hit the door, it melted it. Heat doesn't create shockwaves.

So what busted the interior room's glass wall?

I feel bad that he created a last stand base with no back door or egress plan, but I guess if works since he had incompetent military counsel ie never- won-a-fight Leia etc. Both these armies survive because they are both lead by morons

Ricochet from their blasters on the getaway car, impact on the ground from at-at walkers, etc take your pick but a sic foot diameter heat blast wouldn't break glass, it would turn it to liquid

I'd love some innovation. Rey going to the d.....ark side would have been a good start

And I'm the one who's reaching? Jesus dude...

Lol two solar collectors, transmission lines, gradual increase of heat on Finn vehicle and on Finn himself, blast door turned to orange slag, but no damage inside to anything but a window? And you think it was impact? You can believe what you want, but the film doesn't support you with what it shows

So if it was heat, why didn't the rebels cook in their skin? Why was nothing behind the door damaged much (except the glass wall and the new cavern in the back)? I guess I just accepted it because it was the most obvious chain of events, but it seems it wasn't that obvious to a lot of people.

T. Rian

Just watched Looper last night. Whoever thought that movie was good enough to give him the keys to Star Wars is clinically retarded

>being this obsessed with necbkeards

Only someone with an internet addiction would think of this as worthy of congratulation.

Confirmation bias, you accepted it because it fit what you wanted.

They live within the burrows and within the tunnels beneath the planet. So there is a time where their ability to shine within the darkness, should provide a guiding light to our heroes.”

Rian's words, not mine, in an article talkiing about the foxes. Sounds like they couldn't see the burrow.

People didn't melt for the same reason the equipment inside was undamaged. It only destructed the blast door.

Notice how they end up with his signature. They took over his account.

It fit what we were told. That Finn's sacrifice would have been pointless. That the animals were there until the blast, and then gone. That there were no mapped exits.

I took the facts presented and drew the logical connections.

It was trying to be a Nolan film.

Yeah I heard the word of mouth is spreading like wildfire.