This movie is proof that you can never make comic “book” fans happy. He even made it better by taking out the squid...

This movie is proof that you can never make comic “book” fans happy. He even made it better by taking out the squid. I say don’t even bother pandering to these fucking idiots any more

Just got done schooling those stupid fucks on “””their””” “””””””board”””””

As far as I’m concerned watchmen is the best super hero movie ever made. It has the perfect cast the only thing that would make it better is if there hadn’t been a sex scene

Everyone I know likes this movie. It was just not dumbed-down enough for the masses.

Why did she give birth to a child’s rapist? Why not abort it? I don’t understand

People expected it to be a quiphappy children’s movie.

Latex suits smell like condoms.

she was pro life
Also it was the fucking 50s

Comic book nerds are insufferable retards who don't know what quality is

So you think your opinion is objectively the only one that matters? "As far as I'm concerned"? What kind of lame excuse for "it's my personal opinion but I am so pretentious I'll take it as the absolute truth" is this? They are "stupid fucks" just because they think differently than you? Would you call your loved one those names and get angry just because they don't agree with you over something so superficial? Would you call your mom a "stupid fuck" just because she didn't like Watchmen?
Peace.

Bait pasta anti-squid normie shit.
Sage.

>A child’s rapist
But how does a child acquire a rapist? And how could he have control over the rapists decisions or what he would do with his life?

I hope your daughter gets impregnated by a 80iq rapist and despite your pleading she keeps it and your wife leaves you because you refuse to help her daughter in her time of need and then you get brain cancer from your computer and or cell phone and die in agony knowing that any kind of legacy you ever had has come to bitter end

i loved the movie though i never read the comic. was aware of it. i thought it was a great, stylish flick despite some issues. even my wife really like it

If my loved ones read comic books they would be loved ones no longer

how can it be good if Ozymandias is a Gary Stu and Dr. M is literally the ultimate Gary Stu?

The movie sucked because of those 2 shitty characters. The other characters were fine. Needed more Comedian + Night Owl antics. I don't care about the source material. Improve on it.

>Needed more Comedian + Night Owl antics.
Oh boy OPINION DISREGARDED

>you can never make comic “book” fans happy. He even made it better by taking out the squid

>Comes to Sup Forums to brag about their superior taste in capeshit
>Calls other people 'fucking idiots'

Get a grip

DUDE OCTOPUSES

I dunno I guess when I went to watch it I expected a movie and not 3 hours of Zack Snyder's iPod Playlist

Changing anything was a bad move.

Also the movie focused too much on muh gore and muh nudity, completely missing the point.

>the perfect cast
literally a movie full of untalented nobodies. not a bad film, especially for an adaptation. but still this flick is nothing special. most people forgot it even existed.

>he went to Sup Forums
It's like OP never heard about the board that specializes in sucking Disney cock. Their hate boner to Snyder is borderline psychotic.

The literally could not have got better actors for ozymandias and dr Manhattan

The film is good, BUT is pro fascism.
The watchmen are fascists who use violence to "save the world", in reality they are a bunch of delusional and broken men who puts costumes and roam the cities.
The points on the comics are two:
> there is no good heroes, everyone are fascist and must die;
> follow the dream of putting a costume and beating people to death is stupid.
This is a direct attack against the superheroes genre and the nerd culture.
Watchmen is the Neon Genesis Evangelion of the american comics.
The film is just a very good visual with a Micheal Bay message:
> kill a lot of people for the sake of everybody,
> Nixon wasn't a so bad guy!

inb4 >>>/leftpol/

THIS SO MUCH FUCKING THIS THIS THIS

THANKYOU

IVE BEEN TRYING TO SAY THIS FOR AGES

WHY CANT THE WORLD JUST LIVE IN PEACE LIKE THE TWO OF US

are you fucking stupid?
the squid change made so much more sense, moore would have wished he had thought of it. if he ever saw the movie

She looks incredibly lickable though

Only peopls who put Alan moore on a pedestal dislike this movie
>oooh Alan is the best...he doesn't like the movie so I won't like it either
>that makes me like my hero Alan Moore
Cringe

Kek spot on

>Gary Stu
Cringe

dubs confirm my feelings and this is why watchmen ain't perfect

>American superweapon supposedly goes rogue
>No one blames America or thinks they were in on it
Makes less sense than the squid

>He even made it better by taking out the squid
This. The squid was an incredibly stupid plot point. Moore dropped the ball there.

Chill, kid.

dude you're not listening, it was the 50's. times were different

>or thinks they were in on it
Because the city that was blown up was the cultural centerpiece of America, dummy.

Then Manhattan let people think he was guilty by running away.

>DUDE A GODLIKE BEING IS THE SAME AS A BOMB
god you are dumb as shit. Why would anyone think America could control dr Manhattan you dumb ass? Get fucked comic book piece of shit

COMIC FAGS OF SUICIDE WATCH

The stage was perfectly set by political commentators becoming more and more nervous about him, and then his public sperg out on a talk show clinched the idea he was a threat in everyone's mind.

>He even made it better by taking out the squid.
This shit again.

If you don't know why people don't like Snyder's Watchman by now, you probably never will. It wasn't the fucking squid, man. It was the way Snyder completely misunderstood the entire story. It's fucking weird. Watchman was a timely deconstruction of the concept of superheroes mixed with Cold War paranoia. Snyder produced a movie that was anathema of the source.

Take the scene where Night Owl and the Silk Spectre fight those thugs in the alley after dinner. They'd just finished talking about how Rorschach was unstable and took things too far, maiming and killing bad guys. In the comic, the two fight the thugs with precision, incapacitating them without permanently injuring them. That restraint is important. But in Snyder's adolescent fantasy, they break bones and snap necks, murdering the fuckers. It's almost comical.

Snyder removing the squid wasn't because it was goofy or dumb, it was because he legit didn't understand why it was there to begin with.

I'm a comic fag who loved the graphic novel and I still think the film was better. I'm glad OP said something. We've all been thinking it.

>If you don't know why people don't like Snyder's Watchman by now, you probably never will.
*sigh*
They are literally to stupid to understand the depth of the comic book. It’s sad, in a ironic tragic kind of way, wouldn’t you say?
*straps polymer dog cock into ass hole*

Fuck off, squid was better.

>He even made it better
He turned it into his usual disjointed, detached schlock with goofy costumes and terrible acting. Removing the squid or something to substitute it removed the alien threat, making the need for cooperation non-existant.
The movie suffered from the same thing all of his other movies suffered. He sees comic books as "silly" and tries to make them more serious, by adding kung-fu and matrix shootouts, of all things.
It's probably his worst adaptation, considering he's never made a good movie in his life, that's an achievement. I don't know how Snyder ended up as a high profile hollywood director.

Straw man and ad hominem shit aren't arguments, man. If you've got something to contribute, state your point, make an argument. If your point is as valid as you think it is, it should be pretty convincing.

>DUDE THE EARTH CANT TEAM UP AGAINST MANHATTAN THEY CAN ONLY TEAM UP AGAINST SPACE OCTOPI CAUSE UHHHHHHH CAUSE I SAY SO

I was agreeing with you bro hammer. Does my doggy antics offend thou

No. Ozymandias is one of the best adversaries ever made and they made him c-list bond villain tier in the movie.

>He even made it better by taking out the squid
This bait is so weak don't even deserve an pic

this is why people hate comic book readers. TRY actually refuting it instead of just acting superior

No, it's cool. You do you, man.

>Moviefags think the Squid was shit

Reddit

How's this, why don't you explain why you believe removing the squid improved Watchmen, and I'll explain the opposing view and we'll see if either of us can convince the other.

that's nice user

but other user would have to have sex for any of that to happen, so don't hold your breath

>>DUDE THE EARTH CANT TEAM UP AGAINST MANHATTAN
He's a purely american threat and they were very specific about their retaliation system. The Russians would have fired back the instant they detected Manhattan's signature.
The russians were well aware of manhattan's existence, whatever deterrent those explosions posed was exactly the same as before.
It's a giant plothole and only retarded fanboys like you would make excuses for it.

Are you in my head? Are you me?

Yes, it would seem you're both equally retarded, or the same person with horrible taste.

teaming up against Manhattan would be like teaming up against God

he comedian was not an 80 iq rapist, he was a chad and nothing gets women wetter then a chad raping them, that is no joke one of the most common sexual fantasy's for women

>He's a purely american threat
Stopped reading there. You guys have your heads so far up your asses. Am I being trolled?

I think it's impossible to overstate the importance of Dr. Manhattan's connection to the U.S.A. as a symbol of its military might. For decades the entire world saw Manhattan as an American weapon.

Imagine if a Russian super weapon malfunctioned and started firing off super nukes randomly. It wouldn't matter that some of those nukes hit USSR territory, in the eyes of the world that would be a Russian attack.

LMAO THEYRE STARTING TO GET ANGRY OH MY GOD

Man=/=inanimate object

sorry

>He's a purely american threat
If a former American anything suddenly attacks every major country on the earth, INCLUDING AMERICA, that does not make him a purely American threat. He just became a worldly threat.

Justify the color grading
Pro-tip: You can't, you can fuck off with Zach Snyder back to Art Center.

Rorschach should have won the fucking oscar. They butchered the fuck out of the book though (even though the comic isn't as good as people act, like V for Vendetta was a better Moore comic the Killing Joke is super lack luster).

The squid is great though, it makes you go "what the fuck?" and have to turn back and look through the book essentially placing you as Dr. Manhattan, all powerful and able to see all of time at once, but really just a cuck with a small cock who can't do shit and whose girlfriend is getting plowed by some fat old guy

I don't give a shit about the squid.
Snyder took a fucking deconstruction and made it a fucking perversion. How much of a fucking hack could one man be?

Haven't seen Sup Forums this heated in a long time

>See the movie in at Palisades imax like the second night it was out.
>multiple times people had to take their kids out of the movie because of blue cocks
>some retard took their kid out through the fire alarm door during the last 5 minutes of the film so an alarm was going off

You would think retards would realize Rated R means rated R and not to bring their 9 year olds to like a mid night screening.

Also you already saw the fucking blue cock and sex scene, why leave at the last sex scene? You already saw the fucking rape with the kid

>essentially placing you as Dr. Manhattan, all powerful and able to see all of time at once,
Yeah, I guess I never really looked at it that way before.
>but really just a cuck with a small cock who can't do shit and whose girlfriend is getting plowed by some fat old guy
Speak for yourself, pal.

As a comic book reader these threads always piss me the fuck off seeing how stupid most comic readers are

You can't change what happens in the story any more than Manhattan can. You are getting cucked just like him.

Can someone explain why this movie is so despised? I liked the comic and I liked the movie.
If anything they were too faithful to the comic. It seemed like a frame for frame copy of the comic, which was totally fine for me. What's the deal?

>Haven't seen Sup Forums this heated in a long time
It’s comic book fags. Every timethis thread is made they spam their board telling everyone to come over here and throw a hissy fit

>Dr. M is literally the ultimate Gary Stu?

You know the movie is literally the story of him getting cucked right? On both a metaphorical and literal level he is getting cucked hard as fuck

Snyder is obsessed with recreating comic book panels. That ruins the movie for me.

Hey Zack
Why wasn't this scene in the movie?
What the fuck is wrong with you?

>tfw I tried to watch sucker punch once

>literally a movie full of untalented nobodies

The dude who played Rorschach is one of the best actors ever, but no one cares about him because he is a bald, ugly, manlet

she loved him

But why do I need to have a small dick?

Rorschach was perfect too.

I can notice you are missing the point of the comic book, same as znyder, let me enlight you, the comic is a satire to the super heroe, the movie a super hero movie? see? the comic totally deconstrucs and ridiculize the way of thinking of masked vigilantes, while the movie celebrates it, even copying a lot of scenes frames by frames and still missing the point, I think is for all the cut content from the comic but, ( yes including the squid), I will not say the movie is bad by any means, but the comic is a masterpiece considered by many the best in the genre, the movie is as much one of the good super hero movies, can you spot the diference now?

>poignant scene in the comic
>throwaway line in the film
What did Zack the Hack mean by this?

t.Supreme Wizard Just like Alan Moore

Watchmen was good. Great, even.

BvS and JL are shit, though

There is a glass ceiling in Hollywood for people THAT UGLY.

God you are pathetic

>He even made it better by taking out the squid.
Way to mark yourself as an absolute fucking idiot.

I understand that your intention is satire but this is the very reasoning behind TLA and Star Trek:Discovery.

I thought he tried to rape her, was stopped. Then she allowed him to fuck her the second time. So Consenual

What the fuck is the squid? t. someone who only saw the movie and doesn't read comics

Not as pathetic as his dead daughter.

He won Vietnam for the united states, dipshit, put your phone down and pay attention to what you're watching.
There wouldn't be enough time to make that rationalization at all, if ever. Reports of Moscow getting hit would arrive much earlier than anything else, and the bombs would be flying immediately. Hell, full blown nuclear war was already inevitable at that point, this would have been the perfect excuse for the Russians who already had the finger on the trigger.

not a big connoseiur of star trek, elaborate please

instead of a big bomb filled with mahattan energy signature, adrian sends a genetic abomination ( squid-like) to the big cities, the teleportation system had a flaw in wich teleported stuff blowed away once they reach it's destination, wich adrian exploited to make it look like an attack ( maybe I am forgettign something haven'r read it in years, but basically this)

>There wouldn't be enough time to make that rationalization at all, if ever. Reports of Moscow getting hit would arrive much earlier than anything else, and the bombs would be flying immediately. Hell, full blown nuclear war was already inevitable at that point, this would have been the perfect excuse for the Russians who already had the finger on the trigger.

I saw the movie and what you're saying didn't happen so you are clearly wrong.

In the comic, Veidt's solution was the fake an alien assault by teleporting a genetically engineered monster to NY. The creature would die upon arrival, which would cause it to send out traumatic psychic visions that would terrify anyone hit for months or years to come with visions created by artists and writers Ozymandias had spent years recruiting. The idea was to shock the world into compromise in the face of an entirely new threat. Faking Doctor Manhattan turning against the Earth simply doesn't work on any of the levels the squid did.

>Every Zack Snyder movie has to have crushed blacks and a blue/orange monotone color palette.
There's a reason people hate watching Zack Snyder movies.

That still is proof that you can make comic "book" fans happy.

The slut fell in love.