Samurai Jack Finale Theories

Okay, we've got a few major things in play:
>Aku took control of Ashi and used her to fight Jack.
>Jack couldn't bring himself to kill Ashi because of love.
>Aku took Jack's sword. Even though Aku can't use it to harm Jack or any living thing that's innocent because he's evil. But, since There's Aku in Ashi, he could harm Ashi, but that'd just be a dick move. So, odds are he'll do something that'll make it so Jack can't use it.
>The Scotsman has an army. Willing to assist Jack. There's also other people on Jack's side.
So, let's see what could happen with these factors in play.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0mywAY55PjS
i.imgur.com/TYuS6TF.png
i.imgur.com/BhgmaR6.png
i.imgur.com/5UUUv9t.png
mega.nz/#!1rAGWagT!ATz1T3LWYH7Jzox0xRCMZxl-PcMVonFKAbjq0F-50Zo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Jack in chains, Aku parades him around on tv
>See Scotsman, the archers and all the gang coming to save him
>Ashi fights them and ends up freeing herself from within at the last minute like Jack did
>Gets Jack's sword and he kills Aku
>The guardian shows up
>"you're ready Samurai Jack"
>He walks through a new time portal with Ashi
>cut to credits

Aku wins, flawless victory.

>19 some minutes of fucking around
>Finally get to the aku/jack fight
>They both swing their swords for the first strike
>Freeze frame
>WACHA
>credits roll

he has something up his sleeve
or rather his sleeve up something

Why did Aku never go back and check on the cult after giving them his essence? Did he think they would never do anything with it? Just imagine:
>Aku checks back with them
>"Master, we have given birth to 7 daughters of Aku"
>Aku: "YOU DID WHAAT. Wait a minute, even though his sword can defeat me, I was still able to fight him to a degree of it being hard for him to defeat me. But 7 warriors, with my powers, and their human strength combined..."

Then Aku could just active all seven and basically win. Especially since Jack didn't even have the sword at that time. I guess Aku just gave up on thinking he could defeat him.

>theres aku in ashi
While this is true, The bit of Aku that is in Ashi is not evil inherently. While it is currently being wielded for evil purposes by Aku, it has never independently influenced Ashi to perform any kind of evil deed.
It is also simply a half to the whole that she is, and the whole that she is is innocent and good.
Thus, even though Jack could harm her(an innocent) with the sword, Aku would not be able to.
A different idea I had is that since it is shown that "demon ashi" is more or less a suit(because the real Ashi is under there with her same good heart), Were she to take control for a second and use the literal hands of evil she is currently wearing to stab herself, the influence that Aku is using would be nullified or destroyed while leaving her intact.

Tl;dr
>Jack could kill her with the sword, but won't.
>Aku would kill her with the sword, but can't

Aku is not smart that's why.

Why would Aku kill his bargaining chip?

Idk, was just responding to Op saying he might.

Aku has so many followers, minions, devotees, etc that I don't think he has the time or interest to go back and check up on them.

>A bullet hits the sword which releases it from Aku's grip
>The scottish army arrives ready to kick ass
>Half pull their bagpipes, the other sing. The true gifts of their parents
>Aku is kept stunned under the horrible music
>Meanwhile Flora is battling demoness Ashi
>The Scotsman's ghost is telling Aku to snap out of it and SHUT IT
>Aku has enough and flungs them all to the air, stopping the music
>About to declare his victory on everyone
>A shadowy hand reaches for the sword and stops Aku's victory speech
Those were my favorite sunglasses you just ruined AAAYAAAAAAHHHHHH
>Leaves Ashi nearly dead as well
>Jack runs to Ashi
>Ashi, I..
>I.. I'm sorry Jack. Go home, Jack. Live your life, for both of us you fool
>She flungs him into the past
>Aku's castle, he just sent Jack to the future
>"We will meet again when I see fit, in the time and place of my choosi-
>YAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHH!!!
>NANI?!
>Jack kills Aku
>Rebuilds his empire
>He now ages as Ashi's spell ended his immortality
>But there's a void in his heart still
>20 years later when he's emperor and has some gray, he goes on a journey
>"Samurai."
>"Guardian."
>They both smile, like old friends
>I'm going to see her
>Then let's go, my man
>They rush towards each other, swords drawn
>WACHA
>Post-credits, image of older Jack and Ashi being together

It turns out that the sword was gone because the Scottsman picked it up a few days before Jack got there. Then Jack dual-wields Aku to death.

Pastfags and Guardianfags are still in denial.

>Ashi is Aku
>Ashi can open the time portal

Calling it now.

Because he's evil to the point where he will do things that are terrible ideas, so long as they're evil

But if Aku was killed in the past then ashi wouldnt exist in the future ya goof

here's one ;
scouts man army comes and makes sure aku doesn;t leave

jack later finally decides to fight

slashes ashi with the sword ,but finds out again that sword doesn't hurt innocent people , so ashi is free

before the finale blow to defeat aku was struck , aku opens another portal to the future , ashi pushes jack out of the way and she gets sent to the future instead,

jack then kills aku,

then we see ashi in a peaceful future where she then meets up with jack again , because now they're both immortal from passing threw the time portal

i can see this happening

Aku didn't expect the High Priestress to actually go ahead and drink the damn thing. What he did was the equivalent of a rockstar giving a lock of hair to a bunch of crazy fangirls.
>oh so you are obsessed with me and worship my statues
>here let me cum on this cup so you can worship the real thing

Not to mention that he had given up on Jack and he really doesn't bother to run his whole empire of evil.

If you watched the original seasons you'd know that Aku is exceptionally fucking lazy and hates doing anything himself.

>Aku is torturing Jack
>Jack trying to get Ashi to fight the Akuness
>Ghost Scotsman comes floating in while the amy he assembled is fighting Aku's
>Goes on one of his big insult rants
>Distracts Aku/pisses him off enough that he starts shooting lasers in his own base
>Blast knocks the sword towards Jack
>Jack breaks free
>Saves Ashi with the power of love

That or
>Demongo is on Aku's side
>Gaurdian is among his captured souls
>Ghost Scotsman vs ghost Guardian
>They just hurl insults at each other as they slash at each other with ghostly broadswords

I just want the Scotsman

What if Demongo joins the Scotman's army?

I'd imagine he'd be pretty pissed at Aku since he tried to kill him.

Might as well ask here.

Could anyone share the [autistic screeching] webm of Ashi? You know, the thumbnail of which I've saved?

Somene repost the vocaroo

Honestly I think that the Guardian could go either way. Glasses could either be a minimalist way to show that he's dead or the classic fakeout move because we never saw his body. I'm not expecting it, but if he DID show up in the finale after Aku was defeated I wouldn't be surprised.

Long ago in a distant land, I, Ashi,daughter of the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil! But a foolish Samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to save me. Before the final blow was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the past, w
Before aku's evil is law! Now the fool seeks to undo the future that is Aku!

God do I love him.

i have a theory that demongos humourously short appearance was a hint that the VA was doing the guardian. Did he voice anything else this season? there's no way they called him in for one sentence.

any suggestions for this?

i know there's a possibility for no cameos to happen but if there are it could be fun

Put Demongo in there in case he comes back.

vocaroo.com/i/s0mywAY55PjS

Probably wont happen, but this is my personal theory
>Jack kills Aku in the future, with the aid of an army of allies and probably with Ashi sacrificing herself to either aid in the kill, or to open a new portal to the past
>Jack returns to the past, still needs an army to get to Aku
>Rallies all the civilizations of the world
>Shit takes time, but he ages again since he's back in his natural timeline
>Becomes King Jack, who seems to have visual influences from various ancient cultures but no future tech even tough we've seen Jack using motorcycles and guns in the future without hesitation
>Jack eventually kills Aku in the past and restores peace to the world
>This is what the Guardian saw, Jacks ultimate victory in the past, not in the future timeline

Shit. I knew I forgot someone.

Add the time portal.

There is a chance we'll bet a fake out and he won't get back to the past.

My take on the ending.

>aku is finally defeated for good.
>since the sword has served its purpose, the gods come to Rae the sword and grant jack one wish as a reward.
>he can use it to go back to the past
>he is torn between staying with his new friends or going back to the past
>he decides to stay and wishes to see his family one last time
> tearful reunion and last goodbye.
>jack lives in the future and never went back to the past
>WATCHA

That would be kind of cool, but the whole reason Aku threw Jack into the future was that he needed time to become powerful enough to defeat Jack when he faced him again. Past-Aku got his ass handed to him inside of 10 minutes.

fair point...maybe he goes to the past but further ahead than his original time? or goes back but to another part of the world and pretty much has to walk back to japan, building an army as he goes....fuck it, i dunno

I want the pig sheriff to be in Aku's army
BANG BANG BANGITYBANG BANG

Aku isn't a dumbass, he's just lazy. Which makes sense given that he's ruled the world for thousands of years unopposed and never expected the Samurai to be such a thorn in his side.

>Pig Sherrif is trying to tell Aku that Ghost Scotsman's army is there
>Aku can't understand what he's saying

>>aku is finally defeated for good.

never thought about this one, I would be satisfied

Here's my prediction:
>The foolish samurai dies
>The great and powerful Aku finally spends some much needed quality time with his newfound daughter
>Cut to intro of brand new series on Cartoon Network
>slice of life series of a all powerful wizard coming to take care of the child he never knew he had
>hilarity ensues when both try to adjust to their new lives
>Catch the all new series this friday at 7pm est after our 24 hr marathon of Teen Titans Go!
>Only on CN

I believe it was Genndy who said the ending was bittersweet, and Phil Lamar said he felt resolved. So it will be a good ending, but Jack will still be losing something. I think it might go like this:

>Scotsman and Co. show up, help Jack get his sword
>Jack and Aku fight
>Either Jack manages to defeat Aku in the future or he doesn't, this won't matter
>Ashi will be able to create a time portal for Jack to go back to the past
>Jack is conflicted, doesn't want to leave Ashi and all his friends behind
>Ashi assures him that this is the best for Jack
>Scotsman and Co. agree
>Jack goes back and destroys Aku in the past
>Everything that happened in the show is undone, yet Jack remembers it all

Hence the bittersweet ending. Jack finally fulfills his sole purpose throughout the show, yet by doing so all the friends he made cease to exist as he knew them. They're all memories, yes, but they're good memories that Jack is happy to have. Despite all the bad, he looks back fondly on the good.

everyone just forgets about the tormented soul trapped inside aku's kid

My finale theory is

>Jack is at the mercy of Aku and Ashi
>Ashi has inner conflict battle with Aku's darkness and discovers the light within herself after her travels with Jack and conquers it
>Aku is about to finally execute Jack after gloating for a while that he finally bested the Samurai
>Ashi stops him right before the final blow is struck and frees him
>She throws Jack's sword back to him
>Scotsman and allies burst in Aku's lair
>The very last stand begins
>Big battle and Jack vanquishes Aku for good
>Ashi starts fading away since she was born from Aku's darkness
>Disappears in Jack's arms
>All the time portals are gone, meaning jack is forced to live in the future for the rest of eternity as it's new ageless guardian

>Show gets so popular it actually replaces TTG
>No one still gives a shit about the fact that Ashi's soul is tortured within her own corrupted body
>wins an emmy for best animated comedy
>WELCOME TO THE FUTURE THAT IS AKU

Nice trips senpai. But in all honesty, if you wanted King Jack (like we all did and still do, ffs Genndy), you would need to write Season 5 totally different from what we got. Something like:

>20 years pass, and Jack, nearing middle-age, still hasn't found a portal
>Aku grows impatient with Jack still being alive, and promises a group of warlords unlimited power if they bring him Jack's head
>The warlords amass entire armies of elite warriors and assassins, and hunt Jack down in record numbers and strength
>Jack can't fight them all, especially since he's slower now than when he was young, so he goes on the run
>Eventually he meets up with the Scotsman, who tells him he needs friends to help him defeat the warlords
>Jack refuses to bring anyone else into his struggle, but the Scotsman sticks with him, running with Jack and trying to convince him to gather allies
>The warlords begin slaughtering innocents to goad Jack into a fight, which finally convinces Jack to ask the Scotsman to bring his clan into action
>Jack begins to accept his role as a leader, and gathers more allies and friends who are loyal to him
>Eventually he brings an army to face the warlords, and after a horrific battle in which the Scotsman sacrifices himself in a blaze of glory to save Jack, him and his allies emerge victorious and they crown Jack king of the lands the warlords formally owned
>Days later, in the night, a giant bird lands outside on his balcony, the same bird that took him to the Time Portal
>Without saying goodbye to any of his sleeping friends, he mounts the bird and it flies him to the portal
>The Guardian sees him approach, nods and smiles, "It's time, Samurai."
>Just as Jack is about to step into the portal, Aku shows up in a rage, having spied on him since defeating his warlords.
>The Guardian battles against Aku as Jack makes a dash for the portal, but the Guardian is no match for him and Aku gets past him and dives into the time portal as it opens for Jack
1/2

>Ashi tackles Aku deep into the Pit of Hate
>Jack jumps down to save Ashi
>Aku says "No wait!"
>Jack slices up Aku
>Goes over to see if Ashi is alright
>Turns her over
>It's pic related's face on Ashi's body

This seems incredibly plausible

Not reading your fanfic, sorry, wait and see the finale before complaining that King Jack was shafted. The fact they even readdressed the Guardian area gives me hope.

2/2
>Back in the past, it shows Young Jack falling into the portal Aku created, then immediately afterwards a second portal opens above it and King Jack falls through
>Past-Aku is bewildered and outraged, until he sees Future-Aku come through as well
>King Jack tries to strike the final blow against Past-Aku, but him and Future-Aku flee and form together, gaining more power than ever before
>The Gods decide that shit has gone too far, and beam down Jack's father's old armor and Nimbus cloud onto King Jack, and they do battle across Jack's home
>King Jack succeeds in finally defeating Aku by virtue of being a supreme badass, and traps Aku in his blade
>Rather than make the same mistake he and his father made, Jack calls on the Gods to destroy Aku
>Deeming him worthy of such a request, they descend from Heaven and annihilate both Aku and the sword itself
>Odin, Ra and Vishnu nod at Jack, then ascend back into Heaven
>Jack rejoins his mother and father, but is sorrowful at losing all of his friends forever
>After a time, he realizes he's outgrown the home he knew, and he is too old to ever truly go back
>He dons his gi and hat, takes a sword from the armory, and heads out into the world
>WACHA

This is the best idea so far, however the fight with Ashi would probably go much more tragically and there's still King Jack, assuming that isn't retconned.

>After a time, he realizes he's outgrown the home he knew, and he is too old to ever truly go back
>He dons his gi and hat, takes a sword from the armory, and heads out into the world

Okay I really like this part

>but finds out again that sword doesn't hurt innocent people

then how the fuck did he kill the mutated goats?????

Its the exact same situation

Probably King Jack would just be who he ends up being after returning home.

Delete this.

>Aku: FOOLISH SAMURAI, WHILE YOU SUFFER FOR ETERNITY IN THE PIT OF HATE, MY DARLING ASHI AND I WILL GO AND HAVE ICE CREAM HAHAHAHAHA
>Ashi: Jack, kill me
>Aku: What was that?
>Ashi: Yay, Ice Cream

The only thing I feel comfort in among these theories is that, only assuming that Jack DOES go back, it'll be Ashi who sends him.

Why have him get close to someone and create this romantic turmoil, with someone who happens to have Aku's powers? Aku is too sneaky and mindful to let Jack find a portal or magical source, but wouldn't consider his own magic being used against him.

It perfectly plays into a Yin-Yang relationship. Jack was good and was troubled by his rage/depression on the inside. Ashi was bad but still has the good in her fostered by Jack and her natural affinity for life.

>everyone thinks the scotsmans army will be there.

i think it was a plot hole that wont be filled, was just fan service for the time being.

Jack goes back to the past.

Jack will either stay in the future with Ashi or Jack will go back to the past after Ashi dies. Any other result would just be depressing or impossible.

kevin voiced the archers, the woolies, demongo, and the cockney dog that throws scaramouche

>#7 Daughter Mug

Sounds legit

>Samurai Quack
But Joe Alaskey is dead

What is the name of Jewish female samurai?
Ashi.

Oy vey!
you made me chuckle goy

Jack will reminds that his dad killed someone he loved to save people so Jack will instantly find out that it is ok to kill Ashi to save the world

>aku isn't a dumbass
He absolutely is, how many times has he ha the perfect opportunity to beat Jack but screws it up because he has to do the most evil thing.
>betraying someone who he made a deal with to catch jack
>gloating instead of killing Jack
>not vaporizing Jack when he doesn't have the sword
shit like that. and now we can add THE most stupid thing which will directly lead to his death
>stopping possessed!ashi from disembowling Jack who has just surrendered.

Well for one thing, you can look at it as plot armor.

But for another, it's not like there hasn't been a precedent set. Aku is fine subjecting Jack to lifelong torture because he knew he already got away with it with Jack's dad. Aku could have lived in fear of Jack's dad somehow regaining his old sword or a new sword but that didn't bother him, and the fact that it never happened probably persuaded him into thinking he can get away with torturing Jack too.

Besides, Jack has been at Aku's tail for so long, the proper villainous thing to do is to rub it in everyone's faces and subject Jack to all sorts of humiliating things to kill hope further.

Aku's been hiding for decades praying that either someone offscreen kills Jack or he dies of old age, when he realized neither are happening, he slips into depression.
Now, an easy kill is handed to him on a silver platter and he is going to choose not to end it immediately. You're right though, it is the proper villainous thing to do, but that doesn't make him less stupid.

That doesn't make sense. If Ashi is the reason why he went back then there's no way for him to kill aku.
If there's any other way, Jack can just go back to the moment after Aku sent him into the Future.
If Ashi sends him back, Aku can't jizz in a cup creating Ashi. Ever. No Ashi = no portal. So It'd be a grandfather paradox.

>Demongo is with Aku. Absorbs Scotsman's Soul/Essence.
>Jobs like a bitch, Freeing his absorbed warriors.
>Scotsman has a new body because Demongo Bullshit.
Boom, Instant Army AND Jack can fight Alongside the Scotsman 1 more time.

You can also think about it as savoring the glee he's feeling from having Jack so crushed. Like, he'd kill Jack when bored of him or if Jack ticks him off one day (e.g. Scotsman), but seeing his enemy in shambles every day will undo the depressive state he was in.

why does aku just blast jack and be done with it?

It was always going to be paradoxical if operating in just one timeline. Multiple timelines would mean he still failed his people in his original as well.

Think about it -- if Jack did save the past, the future wouldn't be in the state it was in, but it clearly still is with Aku in control. I don't like time travel shows, but Genndy had always put off time traveling into the past until maybe now, and may not even go through with it.

Who did he killed who he loved?

To be fair to Aku he has the sword and there is no portals. The only reason Aku ever even fucked with Jack is to destroy the portals. He is evil what's the point of killing jack with no sword? There is no way home and he cant defeat you with no sword so why kill him it's much more fun this way.

Then why say they are coming back with a bigger army? They could have just said they will continue to fight on against Aku in other ways or some shit. I really doubt this was overlooked seeing as how cliche this season has been. Why the fuck would the put aomething so blatant out there and not follow up like they have on everything else.

>13 years later we get a Season 6 to end the series but instead of being super serious like the last revival, it's goofy and lighthearted

For the same reason he didn't kill his father. Aku enjoys suffering more than death, and for an enemy as tenacious as Jack, he'll relish it in particular. Even better, Jack's defeat and resultant torment is bound to be made an example of for the world, which is more misery to enjoy. Hell, Aku even has the perfect toy to do it with in Ashi.

Yeah, in the first episode in the fucking series, he throws Jack in a time portal because he doesn't want to deal with him in the present.

He probably forgot it existed. There are a lot of Aku worshipers out there, some voluntary, some mandatory. I don't think he expected them to do anything with his jizz but treat it like a holy relic.

I think the Scotsman picked up Jack's old sword at the bottom of the hole, and that's why it was missing. He'll come back and attack Aku, giving Jack enough time to get his new sword back, and then they double-team Aku.

>I believe it was Genndy who said the ending was bittersweet,

He didn't, but he said it's something he's never done before, and that if he pulls it off, he anticipates people will be 'bawling.' He also noted that this ending is one that 'should' be done. i.imgur.com/TYuS6TF.png

Another point is that Genndy wants people to go away from Samurai Jack feeling "love." i.imgur.com/BhgmaR6.png

Getting back to the past, Genndy asserts, was metaphorical for him. i.imgur.com/5UUUv9t.png

DELETE. THIS.

Jack tricks Aku into stabbing Ashi by pretending it will destroy him emotionally. This triggers the "cannot harm good in the hands of evil" stipulation and Ashi is freed.
Aku is turned back into a tree. Last scene is panning out over the Scotsman's ghost yelling insults at the tree, presumably for eternity

Can/could scotsman's sword hurt Aku? We never got the chance to see.

>This means no Viking General from the Archers ep either

It's not Gurren Lagann dude.

Aku destroying it, I think, was meant to imply that it can't hurt him. Jack's sword easily deflects Aku's eye beams.

I missed the last episode, anyone have a DL link?

Open wide user
mega.nz/#!1rAGWagT!ATz1T3LWYH7Jzox0xRCMZxl-PcMVonFKAbjq0F-50Zo

I've said it before but I still kind of hope King Jack is actually Jack trying to get back FROM the past after he destroys Aku and ensures peace in his lands, multiverse theory and all that.

I'd lose my shit if there was a Samurai Quack cameo

i really hope so

>Even though Aku can't use it to harm Jack

There's a Ep where Aku does just that in the first four seasons

I just wanted ep 9 to end with Jack mercy killing Ashi, Aku laughing as he escapes, Jack crying out Ashi's name in agony as he holds her now dead but normal body, and for the season to end,

As the Samurai Jack Movie is announced

i was really dissapointed jack couldn't bring himself to do the mercy kill to be honest