So why do people hate New 52 Superman so much...

So why do people hate New 52 Superman so much? I mean apart from being a tad aggressive sometimes kind of like Golden Age Superman, he was a pretty cool character especially in Greg Pak's Action run.

The color of his shorts, the fact that he was willing to move on from pining for some chick who was fucking someone else, and that one time he made a nazi cry and kinda enjoyed it.

You know, totally normal things to get mad about.

>and that one time he made a nazi cry and kinda enjoyed it.
And that's wrong because?

because Morrison and Johns wrote him kinda poorly and Perez is a retard

I would say Johns got a better handle on him later in his JL run. Morrison he was going for a Golden Age feel, and with Perez no excuses really.

Morrison's was the only good run with him. But then, Morrison's run is the only good run since Maggin and Bates.

Lobdell's Superman was basically the highlight of New 52 Superman until DC:You shenanigans

You lobdelltards have been multiplying like crazy on Sup Forums...

>and with Perez no excuses really.

Perez had no idea what Morrison was doing due to him being super secretive about his scripts and DC editorial was no help.

I don't know why people call Morrison's Superman Golden age. Morrison's golden age Superman only lasted for one arc. The next arc was silver age.

It's all these retarded reboots DC and Marvel keep doing, which attracts casuals from CBR, Tumblr and plebbit.

Shitty costume
Constantly switched between bouts of rage and abject depression
No supporting cast outside the Justice League
Killed off the Kents
Lois and Clark's relationship was never properly established (friends? rivals? romantic interests? yes to all three depending on the writer)
Clarkcatropolis
Scott Lobdell
Five years of mediocrity with the exception of two or three runs that were decent/okay
Greg Pak's run was a Frankenstein's Monster of event miniseries and status quo changes that people have deluded themselves into thinking was good
The Super Family hated each other
Superman and Wonder Woman is the most creatively bankrupt ship of all time
Made Superman into another Batman (they weren't even subtle about it)

I could probably think of more but this is off the cuff

I assume guy was messed up or need of help or some guidance yet superman just laughed instead of setting an example.

Grant Morrison's run had great issues, but overall it was mediocre. The whole social champion take inspired by the golden age incarnation? It stopped being relevant by the third issue. Once the Collector of Worlds show up it enters into silver age territory. The characterizations and emotional beats? Were done better in the back-ups by Sholly. Morrison's stuffs was pure plot. The pace was fucked up.

Greg Pak did a lot more with the angry and lost sorta golden age take in Action Comics and Batman/Superman, but overall his run was dragged by stupid cross-overs.

The other runs? Not worth mentioning. George Perez was fucked up editorial and his run lack direction, Scott Lobdell was nothing but dumb plots with shitty characterization turned into unnecessary cross-overs, Yang was pure mediocrity that made all characters come off as unappealing, Johns was slightly good but way too short, and i'm not going to even mention Soule and Tomasi's run on Superman/Wonder Woman.

Overall nothing to write home about.

>So why do people hate New 52 Superman so much?

Because they are faggots who do not deserve anything good in their lives.

>Made Superman into another Batman (they weren't even subtle about it)

Pak and Tomasi were specially culpable of this.

most of them did not even read n52 superman.

Generation X is being relaunched this week, Icemans getting a solo series soon, Red Hood & Crew are killin it and everyone really wondering the big question about this Lazarus contract- are they going to save Bunker, he was best boy?
Lobdell's done nothing wrong but fuck with Tim who was a shit character to begin with and messed with Superboy someone who Johns already ruined, I guess he could take some blame for Bart-tor but again making best out of a shit editorial situation where Flash comics are only centered around Barry and Wally/Jay didn't even exist at the time of New 52 launch, was a Lobdell to do? he's a silver age writer stuck in modern times and he just takes so much undeserved heat for writing consistently crazy comic books.

recognize. Lobdell's Superman > Morrisons

Scott Lobdell ruined:

Red Robin, Superboy, Wonder Girl II, Kid Flash II, Raven, Beast Boy, Gen 13, Red Hood, Starfire, Arsenal, Pirate Mask and so many other characters. His New 52 comics were filled with stupid ideas, convoluted plots and bad dialog.

He's only decent now because he's being kept on a leash.

He had a rough start but Superbro had some great times. He had the beard, looked like a cool hipster, and even was fun during his depowered run.

because he was shit, simple

Nostalgiawanking. That's the only true reason.

You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it.

>saying Lobdell's Supes run was good
Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Sup Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Sup Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it.

This. I enjoed Superbro and I was happy to casualy read comics without this 1987-present canon bullshittery that's going on in rebirth.

Eh by the end of his life in the comics I found him to be barely any different from pre new 52 superman in terms of personality, I think most of the hate comes from his early issues.

Because he sucks.

Nice pasta

He was good. The only thing that fucked Superbro over was the stupid crossovers.

No such thing as shit characters, only shit writers and editorial