Bendis have some fucking dignity

Bendis have some fucking dignity.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OxwM-fzcYRg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's so shameless.

I thought the Bendis stand-in was some bald fuck named Kong.

Yeah that's true but this is more about how he's trying to shamelessly shoe horn his Spider-man story in line with the MCU, in this instance, MCU's Peter having a best friend named Ned.

Weisman beat Bendis to the punch in introducing Kong to 616 and made him Korean, so now Bendis can't self-insert.

Bendis must be really salty that they ripped off Ganke so they wouldn't give him any sheckels.

I mean, I'd be too so I don't blame him. Like seriously, the Lego death star set? That's way too oddly specific.

>MCU's Peter having a best friend named Ned.
But...Ganke is Miles' friend. Why is he making Ganke into Ned who is Peter's friend?

Then he should have written better Thanos dialogue.

youtube.com/watch?v=OxwM-fzcYRg

That's right, that's Bendis' writing Thanos.

Because MCU Peter is taking Miles shit.

How do you pronounce Ganke anyways? I never knew.

ganky. sorta like stanky but with a g because hes so God damn fat

So what's going to happen when Miles comes into the picture?

With the rate the MCU moves, Miles is likely to show up after Peter shows up in 6 films.
I've been saying Gun-Kay

>taking Miles shit
past fat Asian friend what is MCU Pete taking that Miles didn't already take from either Ultimate or 616 Pete?

I always said "Gank" like when you get ganked in a mmo.
Just drop the e

It was and he even fucked Kitty.

Jesus, I never made the connection...
That's pretty fucking sad how so many writers are obsessed with kitty.

When hae ye ever seen an yella' NED, glaikit huir?

MIND=BLOWN

They wanted Peter to have a best friend in the MCU, so they gave him Ganke but renamed him Ned Leeds. Now, Bendis is calling Ganke Ned in the comics because that's how Bendis rolls.

Presumably the boarding school that Miles attends, which is why "Ned" is in Pete's bedroom.

I wondered why he was calling Ronan "boy". Now I see why the dialogue felt off.

This meme is getting tired. Kong was never a Bendis stand-in. Bendis was a scrawny nerd with Costanza hair in high school, not some bulky jock. By his own admission Ult. Peter was based off him.

Also Kong was vastly underused to be a self-insert. His one big moment was in #14-15 and then he was relegated to a background character until #65 where he had a small scene. Then it was past #100 where he dated Kitty.

>Bendis was a scrawny nerd with Costanza hair in high school, not some bulky jock.
You say that like stand-in characters AREN'T intended to be author wish-fulfillment.

Kong was a dumb oaf with a heart of gold. His entire schtick was that he was stuck playing second fiddle as a crony to a guy who didn't care about him. That's not wish fulfillment.

The only reason why people make the Bendis/Kong comparison is because they're both bald and fat. I've seen someone suggest Kingpin in the Maleev run was a Bendis self-insert for the same reason. It's ridiculous.

I'm glad Gunn gave his run the middle finger in Volume 2 in spite of all the pandering to the first film Bendis did.

Good Lord. That Thanos isn't threatening at all.

I'd be pissed to. Imagine working on this huge project only for some fat fuck to come by and not only steal your ideas but publish them before your project is done.

Wow Marvel comics doing synergy with the movies, that's never happened before.

Usually it's after the fact. Regardless, stealing ideas from someone's unpublished work is a dick move. It's probably what got the Marvel Creative Committee disbanded.

What did he steal?

As someone who used to write fanfiction I can tell you for sure that writers who want to create an author stand-in will often change details around so it's not so obvious. Up to and including some flaws so you can point to them and say "See? How is THAT wish fulfillment?"

Wouldn't Bendis have used him more as opposed to having him in the background for years at a time? He even put him on bus off screen right after he got with Kitty.

Just a bunch of stuff that ultimately got scrapped from the film.

Like? And according to who?

I don't get it

>bendis
>caring about anyone elses continuity

lol

It's a joke because Ned in Homecoming is clearly Ganke (fat Asian who plays with legos)

The Badoon were going to be in the film until they were scrapped because of Fox rights. That's why they're fucking everywhere in the first few arcs of Bendis' run.
Bug was going to be in the movie, but got taken out due to rights issues. This is why he appeared in Bendis' Avengers Assemble, when the Guardians appeared, only to be completely absent in the Bendis book.
There's more people can go on about, but I'm too sleepy.

As someone with the rare name of Ned this upsets me. Ned representation is very thin, and i don't need this Bendis shitter dirtying the water in either movies or comics.

Eh, who am I kidding, i'll still always get "LIKE NED'S DECLASSIFIED SCHOOL SURVIVAL GUIDE?!1 LOOOL!!1!" whenever i say my fucking name to people.

As opposed to Hi diddly do neighborino?

His boarding room.. that he lives in with his aunt?

So just using the same characters? I thought you meant something like Ego being his dad or something that actually matters.

At least you're not getting Stark decapitation jokes.

Miles is a race replacement counterfeit. He takes Peter's shit by even calling himself Spider-Man.

Ego being his dad didn't happen until the production of the second film, and by that point the Creative Committee was disbanded.

I would actually prefer those. I've gotten all of like two "Oh, Ned Stark!"s and would be fine getting more, since he's actually a cool and interesting character.

Shockingly few of those over the years, really. Must be a generational thing.

Gan-key according to Bendis

Yeah but again I'm not seeing him 'stealing' Gunn's secret ideas. He used the same alien species that Gunn was going to as a bit of movie tie-in. Big whoop.

simmer the fuck doon. man

Really? It's a dick move to use other's people ideas that they haven't revealed yet.

It's like if I pulled a couple paragraphs from your thesis for mine.

Ur whit, sassenach radge?

It's not even an idea, it's the use of a generic alien species that already exists in the comics. Unless it's something that Gunn changed like Yondu I don't see why this is an issue.

mate, ma pal'll fuk'n nut you

That depends, didn't the Badoon get used in GOTG before Bendis? I thought they did. Additionally was Bug ever on the team before Bendis?

>didn't the Badoon get used in GOTG before Bendis?
they did, they were always alluded to being the last/one of the last species to survive until the death of the universe.

Ye huir loon, Ah'll chib ye.

>Benis
>Dignity

Did you just assume Bendis' ethnicity, shitlord?

>Additionally was Bug ever on the team before Bendis?
Fuck. You.

>didn't the Badoon get used in GOTG before Bendis?
They were the main villains for the original Guardians.

>was Bug ever on the team before Bendis?
Yes.

So he made a joke what exactly is wrong with that?

Timid undesirable Asian boy getting girl by doing nothing
It's just lie my animes

What was the joke?

>I'm glad Gunn gave his run the middle finger in Volume 2 in spite of all the pandering to the first film Bendis did.
In what way did he do that

>Bendis is in this thread RIGHT NOW

Bendis...
Dignity...
Good writing.
Those things are mutually exclusive.

aye, am fukkin shitin' it so ah am

I wonder if anyone thinks we're just talking nonsense. Have you seen the Quitely exhibit yet? It's fucking great. Sup Forums should be jealous.

Since Cap is a Nazi now, can we just have him use brass knuckles with swastikas and punch Kitty in the face? Because that would make me smile. Not for /pol reasons but to make Bendis mad.

*angry scottish noises*

>Since Cap is a Nazi now
Eh...

>Bendis is RIGHT OVER THERE LOOK QUICK BEFORE HE RUNS

Anyone have any of those images where Bendis doesn't even follow his own continuity.

It doesn't help Homecoming is missing a lot of Peter's story beats.
Miles has the role of high school Spider-Man and the MCU's street level is a lot like Bendis'.

For some reason I always first think of Ned Leeds.
Surprised you don't get more "Like Ned Stark?"

>yfw everyone in this thread is BENDIS.

>EVEN YOU!

Why the fuck did he have Bug of all people in his Avengers Assemble GotG issue and then just drop him unceremoniously afterwards? Why not any of the other Guardians?

Not to mention he himself did brag about reading GotG drafts script when the movie was still being written (He was in the creative committee so he had access to the scripts).

McNiven too for that matter, he was so obnoxious about pushing his shitty Mass Effect designs on the movies and he dissed Star-Lord's mask and helmet.

Glad Gunn ignored them and then they got cut off from being involved with the movies.

Man, why is Ganke the only good character in the book?

Is Bendis upset that Marvel Studios co-opted one of the only good characters he's ever created and didn't even keep his name or pair him up with the right Spider-Man?

He took a bit of a shit on DnA too if we're honest. At least give quill some blue dammit

why did they build up a Father-daughter relationship between Drax and Mantis when Drax already has a psychic daughter and mantis acted nothing like her counter-part?

How the fuck did Kong manage to get Kitty?

what's this from?

>pulling a Paprika

bruh

>Bendis tried to ride on the coattails of the movies for years
>GotG2 ends with "Based on the comics by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning"

>Gunn says he wants to use the badoon for the movie
>Bendis puts badoon in GotG
>Gunn doesn't use the badoon

>Gunn says GotG will focus on Quil's father
>Bendis puts J'Son, Quil's father, as the focus on the comic
>Gunn use Ego as Quil's father

>Peter Parker has a friend called Ned in Homecoming
>one of Miles Morales' friends now has Ned as a nickname

>War Machine gets fucked up in the trailer for Civil War
>Bendis kills him off in Civil War 2

It is my headcanon now that Marvel Studios people are messing with Bendis on purpose and laugh at him behind his back. Realistically speaking it's just coincidences and Bendis being a bad writer. Gunn couldn't use the badoon because of licensing issues. I wonder if he honestly believes Riri Williams will be a movie character one day.

Only after someone with real talent writes a halfway decent story with her. At least he's keeping DOOM in character, which is mildly depressing.

He doesn't acknowledge Bendis' GotG, only time that he did was because Pratt asked if he should read it and Gunn told him not to read it.

When he finished the script for GotG he asked Abnett and Andy to read it and asked for their opinion, he also invited them to go on set when he was filming and even included them in the credits of GotG and GotG vol 2 saying that his movies were based on their work. He also included DnA's names along with Starlin's and Kirby's as store names on his set when he was filming the Ego Earth stuff.

Bendis' name is in the credits of the first GotG but only because he was in the creative comittee (and his name is in all of the movies that were made before the split) but he was never thanked as a Guardians writer. Both Bendis and Mcniven wanted to influence the GotG movie and talked about working with the people at Marvel but after the split happened all Bendis talked about was making his comic different from the movie.

Also there's the fact that Gunn didn't touch any Bendis comic, yet he touched Abnett's Guardians 3000 and Guardians of Infinity comics, even Slott's shitty Silver Surfer but he never touched Bendis' comics.

Hell he even picked up an issue of Humphries' Star-Lord but that's because Dogfucker tricked him with Rooker Yondu.

Face it he's never going to have Moondragon in the movies, or Phyla for that matter.

>I wonder if he honestly believes Riri Williams will be a movie character one day.

Probably not, not under Feige anyway because of the split and the last thing Feige wants is to give Perlmutter and his cronies money. Pretty sure if they want their own female black Iron Man they'll use Lila Rhodes before they use RiRi, especially since Lila has a connection to Rhodey.

I guess Miles, Kamala, and Sam and any new character made by Bendis and Marvel higher ups will probably be consigned to TV only because of it. Miles is only saved because Sony is making an animated movie of him because they probably want to expand their Spider-Man universe or milk that franchise and they have no beef with Perlmutter.