Why are mutants hated and feared by normal people in marvel universe but for example fantastic four are not?

Why are mutants hated and feared by normal people in marvel universe but for example fantastic four are not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oEuZpaZ3f_0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

WE

Because it's supposed to point out the ridiculousness of racism. It's always people get mad that one group of people have powers but okay with another group. Just like two groups of people with different skin colors do the same thing but one is looked down upon for it.

Because Mutants started out as being a kind of all encompassing allegory for racism that anyone could theoretically relate to.

Xmen isolate themselves while FF had good publicity from the beginning

Mutants are the next stage of human evolution, call themselves "Homo-Superior", proudly scream that they'll replace humans one day, and then wonder why humans hate them.

Met-Humans like the Avengers and Fantastic Four are just people with powers.

Then you got the fact that mutants want to integrate into human population and use their powers at the same time which understandably scares them. Superheroes on the other are either public celebrities(Iron Man, She-Hulk, Carol etc) or want to be left alone(Spidey, Daredevil, Hulk).

Also what an odd pic. What's Bucky doing there?

This
Mutants are better humans
Metas or mutates or whatever, are enhanced humans, normal people who have been made better.....not born better

It's fucking quite simple

x-men never made sense as part of an expanded universe. They should have just been their own separate thing, maybe with a dimensional portal for crossovers

This would make a lot of sense.

Because Mutants are our replacements. while the FF and the Avengers are one off freaks.

Mutants also upset the power balance in society. It's hard to keep people in line if they can melt you if you piss them off.

They represent a future that locks out regular people. What place will You and your non mutant children have in a society where everyone is a walking god? What chance at success and happiness will be possible when competing against the The multiple man who can staff an entire corporation for one pay check. How will people feel about god when mark down the block can heal the sick and regrow limbs showing off every Halloween completely upstaging your decorations.

But really just look at /pol and their constant shit about how minorities are going to replace real Americans and how they aren't human like them. Now think how the would reacted if the immigrants could shoot fire from there noses.

That still doesn't make sense when metas can pass their powers down to their children.

Same reason Sup Forums neckbeard basement dwelling virgins hate black people. Jealousy. Mutants are born with superior powers same as blacks are born with superior BBC and height.

The only way to make the X-Men even better and a Sup Forums trigger is if they make Colossus evil. Having a mutant hero who is Russian in the age of Trump is extremely insensitive and a threat to democracy. I'm sure the only reason the MCU hasn't made him a villain by mandate is either Ike the Trump cock holster or Nick Nazi Spencer.

HURRRR BLACKS ARE NATURALLY BETTER ATHLETES WITH MONSTER COCKS AND THEIR GENES CANCEL OUT WHITE ONES
HURRRRR JEWS ARE BORN TO BE SNEAKY AND GENETICALLY BORN TO DESTROY OTHER RACES

This is real shit people think, I don't know why it's hard for utter morons to believe this wouldn't happen if there was an actual RACE of people who truly did have super powers

Xmen are supposed to be an allegory for racism, in reality humans would worship mutants because mutants are literal ubermensch.

This is what gets me about racists it makes no sense it's just skin color. One of my friends is a racist and he always says he thinks blacks are just as smart as whites and are not dangerous at all and just as civilized as us but he HATES their skin color. He said if I ever got a tattoo he would hate me because I would have black on my skin. It's a shame he's so racist because besides skin color their is no difference.

>Same reason Sup Forums neckbeard basement dwelling virgins hate black people.

You mean creating hellholes like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=oEuZpaZ3f_0

>Baiting Sup Forums

Why would you do this user?

>He said if I ever got a tattoo he would hate me because I would have black on my skin
He's not a racist, user, he's just nuts.

Race is not skin color you fucking retard, you can easily tell an african man from a European, blacks are called blacks because most white people are morons who need an easy identification system back in the slavery times. There are many brown skin humans on our planet dumbass.

Reed literally ran pr to make them celebrity/spectacles knowing if they tried to keep private lives the suspicion of the world would ruin them.

Because mutants were born with the mutation and the fantastic four weren't and were already in the public eye before the accident so people feel as though they can trust them more than those damn muties

same thing happens with spidey iirc

The magic of PR

So does he like yellow people? Or those super creamy quadroons?

Nope, doesn't make any sense.

Now if all the black people were in another dimension then it'd be logical!

Looks better than eastern europe

Yeah I mean whenever I change his engine Oil for him and I get the oil on my hands and it makes my hands look black he will get all pissed at me and be racist until I was my hands.
Wrong all races are exactly the same especially when it comes to stuff like IQ. If an African American where to have their skin dyed white you would never know they were not always white and your racist ass wouldn't hate them.

>Mutants are the next stage of human evolution, call themselves "Homo-Superior", proudly scream that they'll replace humans one day, and then wonder why humans hate them

No, Magneto does that, and he's a blatant mutant supremacist. And even then, he and the brotherhood do the shit they do directly in relaliation because humans do nothing but shit on mutants, especially ones completely unrelated to the brotherhood and their crusade.

Most other mutants just want to be part of society like everyone else. They are raised as humans, it's fucking absurd how the moment they hit puberty they have to fear for their lives and worry about whether or not a sentinel is going to crash the prom. It's especially asinine when 99 percent of mutants are fucking harmless anyway. At worst they just look funny/gross. The other 1 percent are either X-men, brotherhood, or dead.

Well obviously considering every building you see in that video was built by white people. If it was up to the blacks all you would see is wilderness.

"Homo-Superior" and seeing themselves as human evolution is general mutant culture, not only aggressive supremacists like Magneto.

What does ironically spouting simplistic arguments get you?

He can be both. It's not like racists are all super well balanced and rational

>PR
I'm pretty sure even PR can't help people to overlook Thing

Are you friends with one of Dylann Roof's cousins? Your friend has a serious mental issue. Have him seek help before attacks someone.

to be fair it's apparently accepted scientifically. It's not really supremacist rhetoric it's just the term. Though really they shouldn't scientifically even be separate from humanity.

Hey dont judge me if you've never experienced racism first hand. I get called "nigger hands" just for giving my friend a free oil change.

>Wrong all races are exactly the same
>same

Then all humans would have the same exact base cranial shape and facial shape. The only time race is the same when it comes to race, all african blacks have the same base features, all Caucasoids have the same base features and so on. So the fact different base features exist means races are not exactly the same or any manner of same besides having the same homo sapien framework. Heck the hair follicles of asians and caucasoids are different.
>If an African American where to have their skin dyed white
Thats dumb you can easily recognize a light skinned nigger out of a white person. Even arabs look more white than light skinned niggers.

Blacks are not hated for their skin color, they are hated for their behavior, even if africans were the same skin color as us we would still hate them retard.

>Sup Forums has arrived to derail the thread

Your friend sounds like a riot, user. You gotta share more anecdotes.

>There are many brown skin humans on our planet dumbass.
I mean, technically speaking, literally all humans are colored brown, with red tint.

He gets harrased by the Yancy street gang from time to time too.

>literally all humans are colored brown, with red tint
No thats retarded.

Human skin colors goes like this

Pale-Europeans/North East Asians/Central Asians
Bronze-South Europeans/Turks
Brown-Middle East
Yellow-Chinks/Some Amazon natives/South/Pacific Islanders/ East Asians
Orange-Central America natives/Hawaii natives
Red-North Native Americans/Eskimo
Dark Brown-Indians/Abos/Niggers

>if there was an actual RACE of people who truly did have super powers
You don't actually need to imagine such a difference, it already essentially exists: male and female physical strength. If we didn't need each other for sex (and *occasionally* companionship) let's just say the hatred might be so strong that feminism could actually be justified.

10/10

also, checked

Yeah ok virgboy watever you say
We all know a broad could kick your ass, or has in the past

allegory on how non white celebrities are treated vs how non white common citizen are treated in the US

why are you such a retard and a shitposter, while other anons are not?

because mutants are jews, while ff are just rich folks

>it's just skin color.

Yeah, mate. Race is only skin color. Things like bone structure, muscle development, hormonal levels, and intelligence definitely are not connected to race.

>Blacks are not hated for their skin color, they are hated for their behavior, even if africans were the same skin color as us we would still hate them retard.

This is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. Tons of white people act the same way and no one bats an eye.

Your hatred of blacks is skin color based, you bigot cunt.

Ben suffers from it

I hate that sjw

Rember that time an angry mob put the human torch in a coma?

Regular supers dont have it that much better. They just dont get as much out right hate cause their usualy accidents and science experiments not a new race

>no one bats an eye

Yes cause its not like we descriminate against anyone from the south or any thing

>Citation Needed

There's two explanations Marvel gave us, the logical one and the "holy shit you're off you're off your meds" one.

Logical one: In the book Marvels (which is written from the point of view of a citizen in the Marvel Universe) mutants are hated because of fear of having a mutant child. With characters like Hulk and Spider-Man, their mutation is the result of some ultra rare circumstances that will likely never happen again, so humanity isn't really threatened. However, when it comes to mutants. /Anyone/ can become one, and allowing them to breed will only make the fall of humanity come faster, since the mutants will eventually replace the human race.

Bullshit explanation: Apocalypse brain washed everyone into hating them for the lols.

They don't get it that bad anymore because Millar (Miller?) doesn't work for Marvel anymore.

But we'll see once Bendis' Defenders comes out.

>Fantastic Four
>Not Mutants

Come on user, you don't actually BELIEVE the Cosmic Radiation story?

Here's a question: Are mutants obligated to use their powers to help others? If Peter has great power and responsibility, doesn't that mean that those mutants are also duty-bound?

Anyone got the panel of Spider-Man telling the Mutants people don't hate them because there mutants, it's because they're assholes?

You picked the wrong two heroes to use as one-off examples.

Plus, both Hulk and Spider-man can pass their powers to their children.

>Mutants started out as being a kind of all encompassing allegory for racism
Nice try Stan, mutants started out as an easy origin so you wouldn't need to remember everyone's origin you fucking hack.

Nope. The Thing's natural charisma is his saving grace.

Because everyone's big exposure to mutants was Magneto and his gang of assholes, so, the X-men defeat him and people are a little okay with them, but then they let a known terror join and their their group.

Not to mention they're the first to jump into a race war at the drop of a little bit of red hair. Seriously, fuck muties.

Mutants are born with their powers and that's different from getting it from radioactivity. Basically.

The general public doesn't know that though. All they know is that there was an accident that transformed them.

I always liked the explanation that a lot of it comes from the fact ANYONE could be a mutie, and you wouldn't know. Someone could wake up one day, open their eyes, and kill their neighbors on accident. The fact not everyone is Nightcrawler or even Angel levels of looking like a mutie has to breed paranoia.

I'm pretty sure that there's one kid with inherited powers that the public knows about.

Elsa Bloodstone? Skaar?

Anyone could be anything in Marvel.

A kid can turn into a superhero from a rock he found wile playing in the sandbox.

Actually, the racism thing in X-Men only became widespread and literally the SOLE thing they were about in the very late 80's and the 90's when far less skilled writers then Claremont took over.
Aside from the Sentinels (which during BOTH times of their creation are stated by other non-mutant characters to be a stupid fucking idea), the X-Men just acted like regular superheroes and nobody really seemed to care most of the time. Only the most openly racist characters made a deal of it (same as how most folks can get along with most other folks in real life too), and only absolute fanatics like Reverend Stryker were in the "genocide" camp.

Basically the version of X-Men you're familiar with has gone through 25 years of successively shittier and less talented writers bastardizing the concepts Claremont helped evolve, so there IS no explanation for that kinda shit because the newer authors frankly aren't smart enough or talented enough to have thought of that ahead of time.

Reed explicitly marketed the shit out of his family after they got their powers specifically to make themselves seen as celebrities and not as freaks. And even then people give Ben shit all the time and treat him like a freak because he's got a big rocky orange circumcised dick. The FF are popular in-universe due to decades of spin-doctoring.

Mutants don't have the advantage of that good PR, but the crucial thing is that Marvel civilians are absolute fucking garbage. They're worse than Parisians. Even at the best of the times they'll shit on mutants but give the likes of Spidey and the Avengers a pass because they weren't born with their powers. Usually they hate and despise any person with superpowers as a matter of principle, to the point where you wonder why anyone bothers. A lot of it comes from most Marvel heroes being based in NYC, of course the people they help are irredeemable ungrateful assholes with zero redeeming features.

>Aside from the Sentinels (which during BOTH times of their creation are stated by other non-mutant characters to be a stupid fucking idea)

This so hard.
Like, the guy who worked with Trask, the original Sentinel designer outright tells him that creating an entire line of 50 foot tall self-aware, self-determining robots that adapt to anything you throw at them to randomly commit genocide on a specific population of the US that only THEY can reliably identify at will is just an atrocious idea on multiple levels, and it is made apparent that the Pentagon thinks Trask is fucking crazy for that shit.

Because Magento and Namor have been trying to take over the world ever since 1963

The only reason Namor STOPPED trying to take over the world in the 40s was because Hitler was in the way.

They covered this in Xmen Gold

This, white people act the same as black people. That's why most Americans are just as afraid to go into all poor white neighborhoods as they are afraid to go into all black neighborhoods.
That's also why black on black violence is just as common as white on white violence.
He doesn't have a citation because it doesn't exist. He says blacks have different bone structure but posts a picture of different races with white skin and they look like normal white people for all I know rhey aren't even a different race just regular white people.

Also they can't prove intelligence differences by race. Someone from Sup Forums will bring up that blacks have lower IQs but the problem is is that those tests have been proven to be racist and only exist to make people of color look dumb.

They didn't do a good job doing it.

Superpowers in general are spontaneous by nature. Doesn't matter if you get them naturally or by accident. Especially when you can get powers just by going down the wrong alley at the wrong time.

Your example is why nowadays mutants work as a gun rights allegory

Hating mutans makes perfect sense.
Imagine in the real world if you have a guy, who can crush you to death on accident just by looking at you.
You will fear him and want him far away from you as possible.

This. There were some issues where it was pointed out that Reed and Wasp played huge roles in making their respective teams accepted in universe. By being open to the public, seemingly friendly, and having a celeberatiy like status painted them in a good light.

Compare this to the x-men who just sulk away in their compound and only seem to come out when shit goes horribly wrong.

>they look like normal white people
you're retarded