Jumanji Rises

This might be one of the biggest box office upsets of all time. The Last Jedi saw a decrease in business on Friday. That's bad. While Jumanji has a shot a beating it this weekend, it will most certainly take No.1 spot next weekend and has already started generating more money per theater. Keep in mind Disney forced theaters to dedicate their best screens to TLJ for a month and had a much bigger marketing push behind their movie, so Jumanji is closing on its competition with two major disadvantages. That says Jumanji has the better WOM. Jumanji has a shot at $+300 million domestic before it's all over. In no way should counter-programming perform like this against the biggest movie of the year. Theaters will be more likely to reject Disney's bogus commands and rival studios will feel more confident about throwing stronger competition against Star Wars. The Last Jedi is not a flop. But it is massively under-performing. It suffered the largest weekend to weekend drop ever, did poorly over the holidays, is falling faster than the previous Disney Star Wars films, and has the worst audience reception for a Star Wars film to date. This is brand damaging material. Think of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and the DCEU.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H6Lzpz-Emhs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How the FUCK do you make less on Friday than the day before? That’s fucking embarrassing

Embarrassing. Getting beaten by Kevin Hart and Jack Black, living memes.

This franchise is fucked already

good. i bet it subverted their expectations

Jumanji's second weekend is shaping up to be better than the first. It has enjoyed increases over the last week.

Skywalker was right. This didn't go the way we thought.

Disney is finished haha

They're about to get X-Men, Daredevil, and FF4 back. As long as capeflicks attract audiences they've be fine.

Good word of mouth and opening in Asia from Jan 3rd. My nearest imax are ditching Star Wars for Jumanji.

GET

OUT OF MY HOUSE

HEE HAW

HEE HAWW

Is that Psylocke in the bottom left? If yes, what the fuck to the buxom Betsy Braddock of my youth?

Max kek

>Olivia Munn

i so happy

nice

>tfw this was the last time she was attractive

>Jumanji
Made more friday then it did the prior week, without a increase in screens

This almost never happens. Also couldn't happen to a nicer movie. Jumanji is genuinely a entertaining film.

>Jumanji with completely out of concept
it was pure shit and the fact that it's "Jumanji" it's far worse than pure shit...
we all know movies like these...hyperactive american teenagers on a mission with crap acting skills...
im so fucking mad to grow up in the 90s..watching all the good shit from the 70s 80s and 90s...and now you see tons of movies made within few months with shit actors and story....
if i was born in the 90s and had no clue about classic movies i wouldn't care...but this shit needs to stop

Look, I grew up watching it, I am kirsten dunst age.

The new film was great and was one of the most entertaining movies that have come out this year and it had a fair bit of heart. It nothing that is awe inspiring but it a classic good hollywood movie, and hopefully we will get more of them.

shut your fucking mouth you fucking Joke

Jumanji was fucking litty my dudes.
It's a great holiday flick to see with your bros.
The critics just don't get it, but the smell of piss in the air said otherwise.

took my kid to watch it, just got back home about ten minutes ago. it was a good entertaining kids movie. The only thing i didnt like was jack blacks bullshit, "yaasss queen!" line when the nerdy chick does her "seduction" attempt getting into the transportation warehouse. All i could of think of was election night and thinking, "checkmate shekelsteins."

Otherwise, i liked it.

Did you even see the new movie? I assume you didn't

I work in a movie theatre

There has only been one person who didn't like it, while most people are laving telling people to go see it.

while we are going to have our big seat slotempty for 2 weeks due to Star Wars being a shitshow

You sound like an UNMASCULINE and OUT OF TOUCH critic. Stay mad. FANS and families LOVE jumanji. Why would anyone want to see an UNMASCULINE and OVER THE HILL franchise who’s most attractive actress now is some 6/10 slag over a LITTY, RAUNCHY Zane FUN lil Holiday romp made FOR THE FANS with a sexy 8-9/10 red head.

But enjoy your soy Wars, ya jabrony

Boohoo, little pissy baby can't handle that his shitty 90s movie became litty. What are you gonna do, cwy to mommy dat dey wuined your pwecious Jumanji?

Based Rock showing up on Sup Forums and making things #LITTY

UH OH, LOOKS LIKE THE OUT-OF-TOUCH CRITICS W/ THEIR KNIVES & VENOM & A DISCONNECT WITH AUDIENCES COULDN'T STOP THE LAST JEDI'S BOX OFFICE FROM GETTING HYPERSPACE RAMMED BY RAUNCHY PG-13 RATED #LITTY HOLIDAY ROMP @jumanjimovie! THEY SAY LOVE IS LIKE PEEING YOURSELF, EVERYONE CAN SEE IT BUT ONLY YOU CAN FEEL ITS WARMTH, BUT EVERYONE IS FEELING THE LOVE WITH ALL THE LIQUID LAUGHTER SPILLING ONTO THE FLOOR BECAUSE THERE ARE REPORTS OF MASS PANTS PISSINGS AT @jumanjimovie SCREENINGS!

i did and stopped watching it because it had nothing to do with Jumanji. Beside the "Jumanji" thing; it's a typical crap movie for burgers and teenagers who need to waste their times.
yeah it's ok for kids up to 15 years old...but all these late movies are fucking cancer,,Hobbit wasn't different for example..all these hyperactive bullshit jumping around dodging 1 arrow..accidently killing 20 orcs with 1 stone etc.
this guy is an example for my description

God damn it I love rockposting and I liked Jumanji.
#litty

>emoji.jpg

>COULDN'T STOP THE LAST JEDI'S BOX OFFICE FROM GETTING HYPERSPACE RAMMED

>mfw they're already doing damage control for Solo and claiming it's healing the wounds The Last Jedi caused

Meanwhile at one of the biggest Star Wars fan sites

yeah i haven't been to the movies for my own entertainment since the conjuring a few years ago. lately i only go if my kids want to see something. for everything else i wait until it comes out bootleg or streaming.

Besides the first lotr i didnt like any of the other others and even then i was 15 and experimenting with weed when i watched the original. my wife watches it every once in a while and it looks like shit now days.

Can you smell what the rock is cooking?

that's positive tho

They're completely mixed, and that site is DEDICATED to loving Star Wars

>muh fap material
>reeee
pathetic.jpg

>one of the biggest Star Wars fan sites
>587 votes
SW fandom is dead

It wasn't anything special. But it wasn't that bad.

I think the point of that line was the script writer taking the piss out of airheaded twitter women that overreact to shit.
The whole character is pretty much a parody of that sort of person, outside of eventual character development. They all are parodies of the modern archetypes: the smart if he applied himself but lazy gamer kid who cares too much about what others think about him, the jock who can't admit that he uses people as a crutch because he's an idiot who doesn't take time to think for himself, the alt girl who thinks she acts like a rebel but comes of as plain awkward and unapproachable, the social media, meme spouting, trend following airhead girl who doesn't take the time to experience real life as a particicpant instead of an observer.

And thats what I like about the new Jumanji, it focuses on character development like the original and like Zathura did too. Thats the core of these movies: a handful of assholes get forced into a bad situation and have to work together and by the end they have grown as people.
An old cliche but its executed in a tasteful, lighthearted manner. And the adult actors did a good job portraying themselves as a bunch of dumb insecure teens. I didn't have high expectations for the movie but it did better than I expected.
Paddinton 2 is the best family film this last year though.

>i did and stopped watching it because it had nothing to do with Jumanji.
Guess that means you missed near the end were it does.

your fucking loss

Who's /litty/ here? Jumanji: Welcome to The Jungle™ is hands down the most rambunctious, raunchy lil' jungle romp of the holiday season! Fans are LOVING IT and PISSING THEMSELVES silly at the kinoplexes!

Feels good to get #litty with my #crew

Does anyone prefer it to the original? And what's the absolute maximum Jumanji can make worldwide? I think the lack of competition in January could do it some favors.

Jumanji beating Star Wars would be the upset of the year

A couple of jedis

the "dance" scene was kino

Jumanji is the next Avatar. Slow but steady with no competition during a winter forecasted to be cold as fuck.

>Meanwhile, in reality

$1 billion in 2 weeks

Congrats on your first successful movie Dwayne!

The CHAD Jumanji and The VIRGIN Star Wars

This is the way Dwayne actually writes on Twitter jesus fucking christ its perfect it can possibly go as far as Bane posting.
Unless this is actually Dwayne posting.. like Shatner.

Everything here is correct. Have your (you)

D-Dwayne, is that you?

Thanks, bro! I can't wait for your next famously huge box office turd!

/thread
youtube.com/watch?v=H6Lzpz-Emhs

Fuck you I'm talking to my buddy Dwayne here not some low life critic

>Most awaited character outiside Luke is Snoke
Those poor bastards.

Fuck yes. I'm all about the pisspants litty life.

It's up in the air since it's not being released everywhere at once and it's anybody's guess how it will do in some markets like China.

But it wouldn't surprise me if we got another It in our hands. My country's theaters at least in my city didn't open the Premium screens for Jumanji's opening weekend but they did for the second, and it was PACKED.

>You live in the timeline where The Rock's Jumanji reboot that had enough self-awareness after Williams' death to leave well enough alone while actually rebooting a franchise to the point where it wasn't just a soulless cashgrab but managed to be a fun and inventive romp, completely BLOW THE FUCK OUT Soyboy Wars.

Who else here, /litty/?

I saw it with my family last week. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Acting was really good and it was pretty funny.

For once though even CRITICS in general also liked Numanji.

It would be funny if this movie with its Karen Gillan Lara Croft mock up role made more than the actual Tomb Raider reboot next year..

What should be next for Gillan?

>Jumanji is the next Avatar.
It'll need some ridiculously strong legs for that.

Disney held it back. Imagine what kind of business it would be doing if could use the better screens.

Who is the red head? Jean?

>Gillan
Infinity War

God. That totally sucks that The Last Jedi made $1 billion in 2 weeks. Total failure. Lucas is finished.

Jumanji already had a big drop off in the past two days.

It's pretty much on it's way out.

>Total failure
Nice strawman.

And this movie does not have legs. It'll make another $300 million at best.

>had a big drop off in the past two days
It's set to make more this weekend than it did last weekend.

In general, you want you highly anticipated sequel to your 2billion dollar film to do more than the one that came before it, especially when you strongarm the theatre system into giving you more of the gross and reserving their best screens for months.

Disney didn’t realize that TFA didn’t make 2billion, Star Wars 1977 did, and TFA rose on that nostalgia.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Jurassic World 2: The Island Blows Up will also underperform in comparison on similar grounds: Once is a phenomenon, a franchise is uninteresting to non-fans

It made more on this friday then last friday user.

how often does the Mouse reassure its wagies with lies telepathically?

Disney had an immeasurable amount of goodwill with TFA. People were excited to see classic Star Wars again. The iconic characters and aesthetics. Nostalgia blinded them. But that isn't going to work forever. People are going to start judging these movies for what they are. Especially with Disney releasing a movie every year.

>He made a chart.

>he doesn't even know what BOM is

CAN YOU SMELL

>a movie every year

If only. When Rogue One is also called "a Star Wars Story" and Solo is synonymous with "Star Wars icon", Star Wars might as well consider joining the MCU since they come out soon after each other.

That cute kitty