Im sick of ppl crapping on Stan Lee, he's like in his 90s like he's from a different era and he was always a salesman...

Im sick of ppl crapping on Stan Lee, he's like in his 90s like he's from a different era and he was always a salesman. Even though people say he's some sort of monster greedman look up the guy's net worth he probably took credit from Kirby for like a couple of sandwiches. People make fun of him but there really is a signature Stan Lee way of writing, his word choice really defined the tone of Marvel I think. Sure a lot of the times he didn't script the actual comic book but given his letters column and how he talks there really is a forgotten factor to his work beyond just the famous characters. There's almost something hypnotic about his wacky adjectives and alliterative names and titles, sure its corny but that's almost half the charm. Was he shakespeare? Naw but maybe because of his aggressively shaped public persona there always seemed to be an earnestly geeky and fantastically infectious sense of wonder in his work and I really think adding a bit of dysfunction really did make an impact. In a comic of world-eaters, Negative Zones, and Molemen it was also nice to see drama emanating from 4 people not always getting along despite their wacky super powers.

I can't wait on the documentary that pops out exposing this Jew when he dies.

Go back to sleep Stan, you're delusional

He's not dead yet?

Nice copypasta, Marvel intern.

Lee never stole any of Kirby's ideas, he just wrote in tandem with whatever Kirby came up with because Kirby went to town with Lee's plots, which Lee then scripted.

A lot of people don't fucking realize that for like fifteen years, Stan Lee:
>Wrote every Marvel comic, including westerns, monster comics, superhero comics, romance comics, gag comics, etc.
>Edited all of the comics and held the position of EiC since he was eighteen years old
>Promoted Marvel on radio and print, wrote letters pages, ads, and other materials

One dude did all of that and essentially built what I would call the most powerful financially and culturally powerful fictional universe that exists today (and I'd be very interested in hearing other arguments for that).

There's not much ground to stand on when it comes to attacking Lee because he pretty much did everything single handedly except draw the comics (and he's done that from time to time to!) and he has always, always worked with and promoted his artists to the best of his ability.

Stan Lee hates white people

>Jews hate white people
News at 11.

You're welcome to try and counter anything I said.

>Stan Lee:
>>Wrote
Objectively false. /thread

Captain America is a Nazi and the most prominent Marvel Comics Jew is a villain who wants to destroy the human race so that deformed mutants can rule. Magneto is like an allegory for white genocide. Stan Lee is on that red pill hard

>Durr Stan Lee didn't write nuthin!
Clearly we've got a master of scholastic output here.

It's not me that says so, it's Twomorrows. Feel free to contradict them, Marvel intern.

>Was he shakespeare?
Funny you bring that up in a plagiarism context

You got a source from Twomorrows claiming Stan Lee didn't write anything during his tenure at Marvel? I'd love to see it.

Start by reading all their books on the matter. You can read, can't you? Disney hires them interns so young nowadays

Lee didn't exactly come up with all the plots, Kirby did a lot of his own plotting. Lee admitted this openly, saying in a 1968 interview:

> "Some artists, such as Jack Kirby, need no plot at all,” Lee said in that 1968 chat. “I mean, I’ll just say to Jack, ‘Let’s let the next villain be Dr. Doom.’ Or I may not even say that. He may tell me. And then he goes home and does it. He’s so good at plots, I’m sure he’s a thousand times better than I.Some artists, such as Jack Kirby, need no plot at all. I mean I'll just say to Jack, 'Let's make the next villain be Dr. Doom'... or I may not even say that. He may tell me. And then he goes home and does it. He's good at plots. I'm sure he's a thousand times better than I. He just about makes up the plots for these stories. All I do is a little editing... I may tell him he's gone too far in one direction or another. Of course, occasionally I'll give him a plot, but we're practically both the writers on the things."

This is why around 1966 Lee dropped the separate writing and drawing credits and switched to "by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby."

And Ditko had already gotten credit as sole plotter on his books because he wasn't even consulting with Lee at that point.

It's not like Lee didn't do anything because you just have to look at Kirby's own stuff to know that there are things Lee put in that Kirby didn't have any interest in. Lee loved crossovers, Kirby didn't. Lee loved romantic triangles and tried to put them in everywhere, Kirby didn't. Etc. But

So, in other words, no, you don't have a source.

>he was always a salesman

>I don't trust the experts, I will stick to the shit I made up
Good marvelfag. Never let reality shatter your bubble.

What experts are those? You have yet to directly quote one.

Fun fact: Stan already had a bad rep in the 1950s; even DC knew.

The weird thing about Funky Flashman is he's a vicious and probably accurate attack on Stan (and Roy Thomas, as "Houseroy") but I find him a much more entertaining character than most of the regulars in Mister Miracle, who aren't a lot of fun.

So Lee managed to upstaged Kirby in a comic that was created by Kirby to attack Lee.

>Twomorrows lies! LIES!
Yeah, anyone who thinks Jack did the toughest job is a liar, we know.

True stanfags LOVE any attack on their god. It only makes their sacred faith stronger.

I can't even say they lie because you have yet to quote them.

>All I do is a little editing
Well, if Stan says he never did anything, who are we to doubt? Problem settled, everyone go home. Especially you, casuals; get a real job.

You can go to their official website. Euh, try not to stalk them, OK? It wouldn't be the first time a stanfag ends in court.

Going to their website is not you providing a direct quote of your/their claim. You're basically admitting you're full of shit.

I dunno man, that looks more like a dig at Bob Kane.

Stan tried to use the dialogue to get a Thor/Sif/Balder triangle going, which Kirby did not give a shit about.

You can see Kirby taking more control over the plots, getting rid of Jane Foster, revealing Don Blake isn't real, etc.

Kirby and Lee somehow ignored half the plotlines each other proposed then worten over them. It's hilarious how their books were top notch despite the chaos

How are being a salesman who ocassionally wrote dialogue and being an artist even comparable