youtube.com/watch?v=olefVguutfo
youtube.com/watch?v=Yaima6ExGuI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>write a blog post
>put a stickman under it
>call it a comic

Why do people do this?

It's funny and relateable.

Don't you like funny relateable comics user?

Every time that shit comic gets posted...

>I want to start killing jews and i want my community to also partake in the killing of jews.

>Lets get together on [October 12th] and start a jew killing day. Make sure to bring your own ammunition. I'll have a list of jewish people in the town that we can check off the list as we go along.

>sure.

>i like this idea.

>lets deal with those dirty spics as well.

Free speech.

But yeah irl the stickman-liberal free speech oppression idea is a bigger problem then the hypothetical greeentext i made because there are laws against hate speech that liberals love to ignore.

I don't mind funny and relateable comics, but that xkcd comic does not happen to be either.

Shutting down a thread is not going to stop a terrorist attack like that you autist.

Being an asshole and PLOTTING MASS MURDER are two different fucking things.

>I hate Jews and here is a plan specifically to go MURDER them are both the same to libtards

Free Speech shouldn't have limits
youtube.com/watch?v=olefVguutfo

WORDS
O-l-

>Free Speech shouldn't have limits

Everything has limits. The limit on free speech is that nobody has to put up with your shit if they don't want to. You can say whatever you want and people can say whatever they want and if you say something that people don't like, they are not obligated to sit there and act like you didn't say it.

There's no reason why shitty speech should somehow be special in comparison to other shitty behavior.

The limit of free speech is when your moronic concept of "free speech" includes "other people are not allowed to disagree with anything I say and also they have to print whatever I say and let me use their servers as a soapbox and also they can't ever block me and must always listen to my autistic screeching," because at that point your "freedom" requires stripping away everyone else's.

>The limit of free speech is when your moronic concept of "free speech" includes "other people are not allowed to disagree with anything I say and also they have to print whatever I say and let me use their servers as a soapbox and also they can't ever block me and must always listen to my autistic screeching," because at that point your "freedom" requires stripping away everyone else's

Fucking this

>obligatory "shouting fire in a crowded theater" retort

There aren't laws against hate speech unless you live somewhere that isn't Free. Organizing a murder party or attempting to incite violence are very different.

That's true. On the other hand, I can also talk shit about you and your biases if you block me and you have no right to pretend you didn't do.

h-ha?

*tips fedora*

Why do idiots like this confleate people talking about the concept of freedom of speech and dialogue with the 1st amendment?
Are they really that fucking stupid or purposefully mucking the issue?

When people hide behind legalize, you know they know they morally fucked up.

I hate saying things are "reddit"
But xkcd is reddit in stick figure form.

I think it's an edit. The original comic was like 'no one actually drinks beer because they like it they just do it to be social' and the other guy was like 'wat' and then the featureless stick guy continued to be a dumb shit and think that because he doesn't like a thing no one could ever like it.

but can you scream and cry and try to interrupt free speech legaly?
youtube.com/watch?v=Yaima6ExGuI
i say no as much as you got the right to say what you want everyone elese should have the right.

are you the government?

no?

Then yes, you can chant over a person you don't like to your motherfucking heart's content.

>It's only acceptable when I'm not on the receiving end of punishment for saying my opinions

Why are people like that?

>"also they have to print whatever I say and let me use their servers as a soapbox and also they can't ever block me"

considering that the final owner of ISPs/DNSs and their capital (including servers) are their CEOs and shareholders, who are almost all invariably conservative, does that mean they have the right to kick all liberals off their services?

The art is so hideous.

What about the fundamentalist Muslim madrassas that radicalise the immigrants and their descendents?

>people actually believe this
what a sad world we live in

>I, private citizen, should be allowed to take a botnet and flood Sup Forums with "nigger" until the end of time

Sup Forums really is tumblr, isn't it?

LOL

haha

>No seriously faggot, don't drink my fucking beer and bitch about it. Fuck you, man.

>Implying they didn't deserve it

the right to free speech means you should be openly be able share ideas without anybody trying to control you, the first amendment is that the government won't try to control it, one of the many ways our society tries to live up to the ideal
if a powerful institution does its best to mae sure your ideas aren't heard by anyone then it's trying to hurt your rights

believe me i'm an expert on issues
and this is none

I wonder what made him buttmad enough to make a comic about this.

Which posts do you have a problem with?

Not giving someone a venue to speak is not the same thing as keeping them from expressing themselves.

And criticising someone for not giving people avenue to speak is not the same as forcing them to give one.

Somehow people use "You are free to speak and we are free to talk shit about you or not giving our venues to you" argument and fail to extend it further.

>the right to free speech means you should be openly be able share ideas without anybody trying to control you
so posting nazi stuff on facebook is ok?
and deleting my account for doing so would be controlling?

At what point does it stop then? I can criticize you for your criticism then you can criticize my criticism of your criticism ad infinitum.

At no point. Well, at a point one of us decides to quit bickering or censoring.

took me a second