Will the Jaws franchise ever come back?

Will the Jaws franchise ever come back?

I think it's been long enough that people have forgotten every Jaws movie besides the first were varying levels of trash but I think a big budget Jaws could be good with modern tech.

The Reef and The Shallows were actually pretty good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IdX37lUiaJo
youtube.com/watch?v=gfXns_cU8I8
youtube.com/watch?v=YcifSniUmk0
imdb.com/title/tt1022883/?ref_=ttls_li_tt
youtube.com/watch?v=VquLerRp-ps
youtube.com/watch?v=RMFyoBf0CWI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yup, it's in the works. Idris Elba is gonna play the shark.

No, fuck you.

Is that a real photograph

It's about time

No we dont need any more sequels. Have an original thought for once

FUck that. I want a full blown remake.

Idris Elba as the captain. Azis Anzari as the scientist. Halle Berry as the police chief. Wil Wheaton as the mayor.

Think about making sushi with that shark...

and they forget the tension and suspense that made the shark some ominous monster and it comes off as a generic cgi action movie

Jaws was only good because of the amazing cast and writing. A nu-Jaws will just be a generic schlockfest with some trite moral warning about the environment

youtube.com/watch?v=IdX37lUiaJo

The Reef was actually quite good and didn't use any CGI

stop mining for content, you talentless bloodsucking kikes.

There's no point
The original Jaws is still almost perfect, and manages to immaculately capture this comfy small town atmosphere that no other shark-attack movie has been able to replicate. You can't remake movies that are still immaculate and beloved, remake shit that sucked and no one cares about, like Jumanji

What does this even mean you genuine retard??

Feels bad if real, and I'm assuming it is because otherwise that'd be some real dedication to how suspension cable cuts into the big dead thing it's holding up.
I'd rather see a video of this thing eating a dead whale than its corpse.

I don't want it to. Just let the past die, come up with some new stuff, please.

I will only except a Jaws reboot if they use an animatronic shark

>except

>*LOUD NOISE* AHHHHHHHHH

fuck that. scariest part of jaws didn't even use fucking sound to make us all jump the fuck out of our seats.

>a big budget Jaws could be good with modern tech.
>modern tech makes a good film
kill yourself

jew franchise

Name three actors with as much charisma and likability as Roy Scheider, Robert Shaw, and Richard Dreyfuss.

Seriously, Jaws is nothing without those guys. Who could possibly fill their shoes?

No. The reason jaws was so good was because they didn't have the tech. The fear comes from your imagination since you never really see the shark.

yea, lets have another movie autistically hyperbolic shark movie like the reef or the shallows featuring sentient, hitler-brain sharks that try to kill precious independent strong white women so we can sweep the global overfishing and abuse of sharks under the carpet again for another few years

>except

There is seriously no reason to remake/reboot Jaws.

It has the perfect build-up of tension that pretty much anyone handed the property by a major studio would fuck up. Lord KNOWS how much CGI shark would be used.

People may lament how Jaws ushered in the Summer blockbuster, but it's a great movie that's paced very well and hits all the right marks. Current directors, by and large, do not know how to do those things.

Haha they all look like they are gonna cry.

Sharks are a great monster and can be extremely scary and cheap. You don't ever need to see the shark the unkown is what is so terrifying. Being trapped in the water out of your element and gods perfect killing machine is somewhere near you could be 10 feet away or right under you and you can't see it.

Hollywood doesn't get this and needs to either have 16 shots under the water of the shark or a cgi shark

Jaws hit it perfect because they didn't have the tech. The opening scene of jaws is one of the most terrifying scenes in cinema

This is already the best shark movie. We don't need any more.
youtube.com/watch?v=gfXns_cU8I8

That movie was retarded

No way. The story of Jaws wasn't even about a shark, it was about 3 men from different backgrounds so "modern tech" will not improve anything.

There is literally no point to remaking Jaws. Just make another shark movie and call it something else

he's a big guy

Is this satire? You seriously need to check Wikipedia to know Spielberg is Jewish?

This was okay.

They won't be remaking any Spielberg movies until after he is dead

Of course.

Great Whites are absolutely massive user, although that one is on the exceptionally big side.

I dunno.

The original Jaws is actually kind of shit as an "event" movie.

It's a great movie, but it's in the writing and performances (it's well directed, but it would barely even qualify as a mid range thriller film now, let alone an A tier summer release).

Because it's a shark, there's not much you can do to up the spectacal. More violence, yes, but that's not in the parameters of PG-13. Even using real sharks, which they've done for a number of films now, isn't enough to wow an audience.

They have to take it to ridiculous lengths (see Deep Blue Sea and so on) to find a way to add in explosions and the like.

Even the Jaws sequels demonstrated this.

As you mentioned, The Reef or The Shallows are the sort of low-mid range thriller tier flicks that fills this genre now.

Oh, and we're getting a bigger-mid range budget flick this year called Meg - which is about a giant shark.

Deep blue sea was better.

pretty much

Fuck! It's supposed to be a great WHITE shark and they cast someone black. Enough is enough

>killing sharks
Why though

Stuff summa!!

the shallows was a pretty decent shark movie the score and ending scene are kino as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=YcifSniUmk0

>Shark movie
>Showing the shark before it attacks
>Loud noises
It's like they don't realize why sharks are scary

Deep Blue sea was a great example of what was wrong with post 80s cinema.

>Meg
What?

Black water was infinitely better.

The only good thing about it was the fucking bird.

Kill them before they kill us

>jurassic world

i liked both these movies as dumb creature flicks

anyone seen the Jungle tho?

Its that Steven Alton book series about prehistoric sharks living in the Mariana trench escaping, the movie stars Jason Statham and a bunch of chinks because its a china co-production
I read them for fun in middle school, they're good schlock

Well the concept doesn't sound awful if they do it well, but the name is lacking.

It's short for megalodon.

Nope, haven't seen that one.
Thought the monster was a boar from your image, reminded me of this one movie I saw ages ago, I forget the name but it was like Deliverance meets Razorback with some boar hunters getting attacked by both a boony redneck cult and a giant boar.
I remember it really well for some reason.

I know but it just sounds comedic almost.

Wasn't it Japanese in the books and not chinks?
Fucking money grubbers trying to get the commie yellow roaches to watch their stupid movies.

Wtf are you on about, it was awful and they literally changed the IRL survivor to make him die in the movie so the woman would live

FUCKING FOUND IT
imdb.com/title/tt1022883/?ref_=ttls_li_tt

Jaws was good because of the tension created by not seeing the shark. In the CG era, a jaws movie would have as much intrigue as a ps2-era cut-scene.

kill yourself you fucking little faggot

first pic released 2 days ago

i read some meg book about the shark being held in a water park which was pretty fun

After you, meg.

sharkado was unironically fucking kino

the others are just meh

attsa a big fish, innit?
*smirks at camera*

I can't wait.

wow, that looks so big! it would be a shame is a smarter predator ate all your food

Which "scariest part"?
youtube.com/watch?v=VquLerRp-ps
>Loud DUN noise
youtube.com/watch?v=RMFyoBf0CWI
>Loud ear piercing whistle and violins

>Remake
>Its a sequel

Whalesharks are dangerous as fuck for dumb divers, it's extremely easy to be hit by them. Since they look really calm idiots always try to "ride them". Being KO by their tail isnt a joke.

scariest part is when the shark bites the guy hanging onto the row boat trying to help the kids on the sailboat and you see the shark bit him from underwater and his leg drops

5 headed shark attack is actually really fun

Its an adaptation of a fun little Sci-fi series about of scientist who discovers remnants of extinct undersea life living in the deep oceans. The Megalodon is just the first book, the second one involve all sorts of extinct species.

>Cliff Curtis as Mac

Not a bad choice, but when I think of Mac I picture him being played by pic related.