UPDATE: ABC has confirmed that Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD will move to Friday and take over Marvel’s Inhumans slot...

>UPDATE: ABC has confirmed that Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD will move to Friday and take over Marvel’s Inhumans slot after its eight-episode season.

superherohype.com/news/397181-abc-sets-marvels-inhumans-for-friday-night-time-slot#83HsBOxkVsI6gjjI.99

I guess season 5 will be final season.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GAaQvWdYdX0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Terrible boring show. No costumes or powers. Yuck.

You clearly haven't watched the show

Inhumans AND AoS on Fridays

at least we still have Cloak and Dagger, Gifted, Legion, Runaways, and the netflix shows

>No powers
Try watching past season 1 before you say something like this. We had fucking Ghost Rider this past season.

>Legion
now.. I am a super casual viewer but when I saw that pilot I was super confused.
Does it tone down the whole "oooh you thought you knew what happened but it was all in the head of MC"?
Or should I try and give it another try?

This.

Otherwise he'd mention the horrible plots, weak characterizations and overall terrible show.

while I usually think of Friday as death, there have been a bunch of shows with comitted fan bases that have lived a long time on Friday so who knows

>bunch of shows
>friday
enlighten me

>terrible show
can you honestly say this is worse than most network shit like Scorpion

some shit shows that lived on friday:

Hawaii 5-0: 4 seasons
Blue Bloods: 7 seasons

Supernatural: 2 seasons on friday, then moved out of it

Last Man Standing: 5 seasons

Why do they insist on killing it like this? If they want to end it, just tell them "this is your last season" instead of this slow poison shit.

Its too popular to can for no reason. That would look bad, and its its part of the MCU megabrand damaging it so callously could be ammunition for internal reprisals.

Its no secret that Ike wants to kill AoS and give its budget to his pet Inhumans project. Changing the timeslot for the last season wasnt enough, so he's going to change it to a different day AND cut the budget. Few shows survive that on network tv.

I prefer this. Give them an opportunity to actually end the show as opposed to having some cliffhanger or reveal at the end of a season that never gets resolved or clarified.

I think it's the fact that Ike or whoever wants to move on to other properties on ABC, since there can't have two shows running at the same season. I wouldn't be surprised of another team-themed show took its place in 2018 .

Inhumans is on Fridays. AoS takes the same 9pm slot after the 8 episodes air.

>“We’ve turned Friday into more of a destination for our fantasy and science fiction fans. Once Upon a Time and S.H.I.E.L.D. are airing on the same night for the first time, which is giving many fans of both shows what they’ve been asking for for a long time. When we were looking at the schedule, it’s interesting how much pressure we’ve had from fans to put those shows closer together on the schedule for quite some time. We like the idea of Fridays being a destination. Once Upon a Time has done a wonderful job on Sundays of keeping the lights on against football, but we’re looking to see how it will perform when it’s away from football for awhile.”

You have to at least give ABC credit for continuing to try and make Fridays work. They've tried reviving TGIF a few times, now they're trying a sci-fi/fantasy night.

Inhumans is on fridays too and iirc suppose to have a bigger budget

>Try watching past season 1

Season 1 is so revoltingly, unwatchably bad I would never begrudge anyone for quitting the show midway through it.

>Season 1 is so revoltingly, unwatchably bad
For the first, like 12 episodes. By 17, it gets good. I mean, 12 shitty hour long episodes is one helluva slog to sit through just for the promise that it'll maybe get good down the line, but it's not all of S1. Just the first half.

Honestly, if I give a piece of media TWELVE HOURS to impress me and it can't do it, I think I'm pretty justified in dropping it. Twelve hours is pretty fuckin generous.

There are shows, critically acclaimed and award-winning shows, that have worse slogs.

How do DVRs affect ratings?

>Lol, it's just a filler arc, bro. Be patient! The anime gets good around episode 165.

AoS is worse than One Piece and Naruto combined.

I am literally shaking right now. Delete this

there is a big difference between a serialized network show and a single 12 hour chunk. I would agree it was a little formulaic at the beginning but it honestly sets up things for later on in the show and established more of a "normal" before turning it on its head

Look, I'll admit the first season wasn't great, but it wasn't offensively bad. I remember watching the first episode thinking "well that was kinda boring, but this has potential."

I also don't get how anyone can judge an entire series off of 12 hours. Early Red Hot Chili Peppers is interesting, but they're still hugely popular based on their current discography. There are a lot of shit Wolverine comics, but I don't hate the entire character because of them. I just won't read those arcs. Not everything has to be all or nothing.

Then just skip those episodes you turbo nerd.

>That first episode was really bad, but maybe it will get better next week
>ONE WEEK LATER That second episode was really bad but maybe it will get better next week
>ELEVEN WEEKS LATER That thirteenth episode was really bad but maybe it will get better next week

Why do you keep putting yourself through this, user? You're in an abusive relationship. You have to get out.

Legion is best marathoned, but everything that happens in episode 1 is like lead up, the rest of the series pretty much takes place elsewhere

It sells well internationally. This is also why Once Upon a Time and Quantico were also renewed. ABC is heavy on selling shows to other countries for the moment to make up for lower viewer numbers across the board in the US.

TV Shows have so much competition there is only a finite number of viewers you can pull in now compared to pre-cable/internet explosions of options.

>Scorpion
Thanks for reminding me that shit exist.
The only good about it its the terminator guy.

>there are people on Sup Forums that actually give a shit about any comic book tv show besides the first season of Flash and the first season of Daredevil
Literally all of them are bad.

casually watching 1 show every week is not a big deal, especially if it was the only capeshit show that seemed worth watching at the time

also there were teases of things to come and some of the episodes during the initial span were not as bad as some of the others

If you had to cut the first 12 episodes down into a much shorter "essential viewing" set, just to get the basics down for when the show actually gets good, which episodes would you include?

I've watched the whole series but it's been forever, though I'm kind of interested in going back and watching the slog with the benefit of hindsight. Wasn't the Thor 2 tie in actually kind of decent?

Yeah, this is a good way to finish the series, ratings wise.

Although they could end up picking up an entire slate of Imaginary Mary-s as their new series and still keep it on as a stable performer.

Five seasons is solid for a network show. Glad to see they're getting at least one more, especially after last season.

the slog is probably better with hindsight as it sets up a few major things:
>ward
>deathlok

the Lady Sif episode was decent, but I think that is different than the specific Thor 2 tie in (they find an asgardian staff)

Looking back over the episode list its hard to say which are the best, but I would do something like ep 1, 5, 6, 8

Pilot (Duh)
The Asset (Establishes Quinn)
Eye Spy (Establishes eyes, also foreshadowing, can be cut if necessary)
Girl in the Flower Dress (Establishes Raina, arguably the most important character in seasons 1 and 2)
The Hub (Important people)
The Bridge/The Magical Place (Very important)
From T.R.A.C.K.S. onwards everything is necessary, except Yes Men.

So does moving it from 10 back to 9 mean the content will change?

this is a pretty good question...it was definitely bloodier this season which I assume was because of the later time slot

>will move to Friday
Oh no

Talk back thread is up!

I watched all the episodes the weekend before last, it completely changes after episode 1. I was so fucking confused episode 1 then episode 2 most things happened in "real time"

The X-Files aired Friday nights for years before it was moved to another night. But the audience who would watch The X-Files wasn't exactly the type who get out much.

They just need to market it right.

"It's Friday!
What are you doing?
Going out?
Yeah.
Sure you are.

Agents of Shield and Once Upon a Time.
Normie free TV.
Lap it up you dateless wonders."

Something like that.

To their credit, yeah the kind of people who watch OUAT and AoS/Inhumans probably wouldn't be going out on Friday.

It'll probably work and if Disney is figuring anything with Marvel would be fine, they'll probably move it back to some other time during the week.

Breaking it down by somewhat genres (like, I think Comedies are on Wednesday now) makes sense.

Grimm just did 6 seasons of Friday at 9 on NBC

Shoo Trumposter

Can someone post the live thread?

Anyone?

>Gifted

looked like shit

fuck, caught me, I'm all in

youtube.com/watch?v=GAaQvWdYdX0

>"And make the enemies cry like an anime fan on prom night"
didn't work so well for Mighty Number 9

>I guess season 5 will be final season.- 54 posts and 2 image replies shown.
>five seasons
I don't mind as long as they *know* it's the final season, so there's no cliffhangers or unanswered questions.