Why do u guys hate everything thats new and popular...

Why do u guys hate everything thats new and popular? I feel like the only reason you guys loved 2049 was because it bombed so bad. So you think its cool to like it at the moment. But now that its getting oscar buzz, some of you are already turning against it.

Serious answers only please

first of all, Sup Forums has always been contrarian, reddit.

second, I didn't know 2049 bombed I pay attention to the success (or lack of) of blade runner. I just liked. and I think star war was shit, I wish I liked it.

>Serious answers only please
Or what?

>I feel like the only reason you guys loved 2049
But we don't

Most people on this board are extremely dishonest. Most people do not fully believe what they post, but they post these contrarian points of view to either be funny or just point out what's wrong with people

Perhaps you should consider suicide

thats not nice

I just saw Blade Runner 2049 and I thought it was boring but beautiful

>Sup Forums is one person

lmao suck my dick

>Why do movies like transformers and fast and furious do well?

All your premises and assumptions are inaccurate. You should delete your post. In other words it's mostly just stupid

Or the data mining will be inaccurate

Becuase the IP's are popular. I am not sure what that has to do with this thread when everyone here bashes movies that are genuinely good. For example shape of water, lady bird, disaster artist are a few from this year alone.

>I feel like

The "middle class" in china is growing. Going to """spectacle movies"""(I think thats the correct term) like those is a way to prove your 'worth'
much like having a fat baby/child over there

>everyone here
>everyone
Seriously kill yourself

>data mining
Who the fuck are you?

well i'm just an eighteen year old girl but...

underage faggot go back

>le contrarian place
>a gazillion starshit/capeshit threads

Wannabe kino experts have long assumed going against the grain somehow validates their opinions, bc most assume the masses are pleb. Which they are

>nobody could ever dislike our reboots of old franchises - we focus-tested them endlessly!
gimme a fucking break...

kek

What is popular is typically very dumbed down. Humans are hierarchical in every way including in intelligence and the ability to appreciate things.

When something has mainstream appeal, it appeals to the lowest common denominator. Normal people tend to see art at facevalue.

kys nigger

underrated

lmao i play videogames too!!!!!!!!!!!

the majority of people are easily satisfied and have extremely low standards. case in point: you, with your opinion that the movies you listed are 'genuinely good' when objectively, they're average at best.

Reddit is superior than Sup Forums and that’s a fact.

how are they "objectively average"? I want to know

Kys

kys

how many movies have you seen? give me an honest guess. there's nothing special about anything in all of lady bird user. it's the most cliched high school senior film one could possibly make

we do though

>Most people on this board are extremely dishonest
explains their love of denis villeneuve

from the ones that matter this year? Ive seen every movie nominated for big awards at the golden globes, besides get out

more like:
most new things are shit and won't stand the test of time, so your odds of being right by claiming everything new is shit are 9/10, while claiming everything is great puts your odds at about 1/10
the sheer odds of being right about some new hype not surviving a year's scrutiny are so high that contrarian posturing in incentivized by being right most of the time
however, the purpose of criticism is to stay alert to the few gems that are made each year which warrant critical praise, and to not reflexively reject something just because it accomplishes something different in a new way.
the point is to learn how to recognize whether you've got wheat or chaff in your hands, and to be honest with yourself and with others

What are you talking about? Sup Forums is considered one of the most pleb friendly boards on the site now though. Even /ck/ is more "pretentious" than us now.

It's why we have so much cancer from Sup Forums here praising middlebrow trash as kino. Same reason why swaglord doesn't even try to sabotage this place anymore.

I saw it opening weekend and there were plenty of MUH FEELZ threads before it was even known as a bomb (and it didn't bomb that badly).

If you've been on this board for more than 5 years you would know that Blade Runner 2049 hit every check box for Sup Forums fandom.

It also helped that it was a really, really good film and managed to live up to the quasi-remake/sequel template we're running with now.

someone with shit taste wrote this post

probably thinks godard, sorrentino, tarkovsky, fassbinder etc. are the peak of cinema

No. This board is just correct, and it's reddit that is wrong.

Note: This isn't true when it comes to the DCEU. We're just trolling there.

>Why do u guys hate everything thats new and popular?
because most of it is dumbed-down, insta-gratification shit that's their to turn the ADD addled goyim's brains to mush, in order to more easily fleece them in an increasingly innovation devoid society

t. newfag who thinks he is Sup Forums

you're young. you're very new to film. you've got a long way to go before you're ever allowed to post seriously regarding film on here ever again. just shitpost until you've seen the entire canon ok? stop watching lucky logan and split and start watching carl dreyer movies. do something more useful with your time than binging the trash cinema that some coked out faggot said was 'certified fresh' online. he probably has less knowledge about the medium than you do

Sort of this. People pretend to hate all normie shit to fit in with "Sup Forums culture" but in reality the vast majority of content posted here is about superhero movies, star wars and popular TV shows

If you weren't part of the problem then you'd know that those you've listed were considered entry level pleb shit at one point here

lmao half of those were discussed endlessly and that's irrelevant, my point is the faggot I was responding to isn't as patrician as he likes to think.

>Why do u guys hate everything thats new and popular?

So you base quality on novelty and social/popular consensus?

>quality on novelty
If anything he bases quality on sameyness.

Basically, for the general herd there is reddit and for those who oppose the herd there i Sup Forums. The herd is likeminded on most issues and generally will prefer to be amongst their kin, the same with Sup Forums. The herd prefers norms set by the establishment and the dogma of diversity, often those who oppose these things are like minded with the anti-establishment folk.

Basically, we have more in common with each other than not, just as you have everything in common with normies and reddit.

we don't