I want to enjoy these movies, but I feel like I'm missing out on too much of the lore. Like the movies feel incomplete...

I want to enjoy these movies, but I feel like I'm missing out on too much of the lore. Like the movies feel incomplete. Should I go back and read the book series, and sort of ignore the films?

nothing will help you, you're a kid who has been ruined by this board. you will doubt yourself for the rest of your life and never reach a third of your potential. your only hope is to walk away now. but you're too dependent already. you can't think for yourself. it's too late. blade runner is the least of your problems.

PKD's novel is not all that related to the movies. The broad strokes and plot points are there, but it's essentially a separate version of things.
There's a whole religious plotline in it that is one of the most important aspects of the story, Roy has pretty much no role or character, Deckard has a wife who he works to impress, earth is a Fallout-esque post-apocalypse rather than cyberpunk, etc.

Blade Runner went from a reasonable "you might want to rewatch this, the plot sucks but it's visually gorgeous" to BEST MOVIE EVER.

I'm in the process of reading the book. It's more openly post-apocalyptic than Blade Runner but it doesn't really support the movie in a way that you'll 'miss out' without it.

The only part about it so far that I've found 'helped' with the movie was with the test that gets administered to Rachel. Her responses in the movie made no sense to me without the book's context of Mercerism and humanity's reverence for animals.

I never browsed Sup Forums before this week. I watched Blade Runner 1 and 2049, expecting to just experience some good movies, but after watching them, I'm left wanting more of that universe, lore wise.
Don't know about all this "too dependent already" shit you're talking about.

>I'm in the process of reading the book
no you're not, you're typing on this board

You're a sperg. An autist, the defining characteristic of which is a lack of imagination. You don't like having to fill in blanks for yourself, because you're not good at it. You have no hope, and no collection of factoids can replace what you weren't born with. Read all the novels you want, it won't help.

That's some hardcore projecting mate, damn

you came to a board to ask if you should read a book. who ties your shoes?

Just watch the remake like all the good little millennial hype beasts

Can someone please explain to me why Sup Forums is littered with a bunch of pretentious fucking nu-males?

that's some hardcore you have no sense of humor mate

There is no book series. There is one book called Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. It's fucking wonderful and will expand your brain bigly.

Second off...if you can't enjoy the movies because of lore then you obviously are a pleb who can't recognize fine art.

Watch the first movie a few more times and concentrate on:
>Mood
>Music
>Lights
>Emotion
>Pictures

because you're here and the universe can only bring more that is a match to you. just leave

Eh it's mostly atmosphere/mood and great special effects to admire. There's isn't much beyond that. Just one of those films you watch once or twice to appreciate the work put into it, then throw it on the TV once in a while to get into the atmosphere or for something to fall asleep to.

i'm writing an essay with slide presentation of EPIC FAGS. mind if i screenshot every post in this thread and use it for my show?

yep, that's ALL it is. it doesn't have a massive cult following or anything like that. it's just a nifty little picture

>nu-males
Bandying about this term is not proof against your immaturity, and its use fools no one, not even you.

it has a cult following because of atmosphere/mood though. You don't need a particularly engaging plot or interesting characters to truly encapsulate the feel of cyberpunk in a movie for the first time.

Whatever you say, nu-male.

The book is only like 300 pages and reads like a young adult novel. It's not difficult.

obviously you've never talked to fans or you'd know it's more than the atmosphere

You're the cancer eating at this board, and society. Prove my point.

I found this picture of you, user.

Thank you.