Simpsons Movie any good?

Simpsons Movie any good?

Sneed

Yes.

Chuck

Formerly Wolfcastle

Unironically yes. It helps that the episodes airing back in 2007 were absolute trash, but it's good in general too, not just compared to the lowest point of the show.

>biggest joke is bart showing the viewers his penis

no

its basically just a long episode of the simpsons

best bit of simpsons in years at that point
at this point, i'd say the future episodes have been great

It's shit and entirely forgettable.

>have Wolfcastle, a familiar, well-established, long-standing fan-favorite recurring Arnold pastiche character in the show
>movie pretends he's just plain actual Arnold
Literally what did they unironically mean by this? Who was this change even made for, and why? Who was this MOVIE even made for, if not people who know had actually watched and were familiar The Simpsons?

Only parts that i laughed are spider pig and head rake

Test audiences didn't know who Rainer Wolfcastle was so they changed it to Arnold

Just pretend he's another contemporary of Arnold's like Dolph Lundgren or Jean Claude Van Damme.

Anything that came after this was trash. I think it's a good end point for the Simpsons.

i could have been better but they made it for 'new viewers' instead of fans.

we all could

I think they actually wanted the real Schwarzenegger as a big cameo then eventually just got the Wolfcastle actor to voice him instead as part of the fuckarounds this thing went through during production.

You'll notice if you watch the trailers for the movie they have this scene with this voice but they don't have a name on the nameplate.

Only the jokes Swartzwelder contributed to it

I was ten when I watched it in the cinema, and I loved it.

Not really. Shit like homer and Marge breaking up had been done to death already and the jokes were zombie Simpsons tier

>people this young are allowed to live

It was horrible. Everything you expect from that soulless piece of shit show

It was a great finale to the series, shame they kept going.

Has some funny moments but falls flat the moment they leave for alaska

I was only 8 when I saw it and it was hilarious. I watched it again last year and still found it very funny. Would recommend!!

Very nice

If you don't point out all the plot holes, then yes, it was good.

I saw bart's willy haha

>Maggie says her """"first"""" word yet again

No but this is.

Video fucking kino

It actually had something vaguely resembling a soul at some points so as far as zombie simpsons goes it’s good

It wasn’t as bad as you’d expect but it doesn’t come close to being good simpsons.

>simpsons
>good

Classic Simpsons has Kennedy in it even though Quimby exists.

Movie was fucking trash that came out about a decade too late, ripped off plotlines from several episodes and had a distinct right wing streak running through it!!!FACT!!!

How'd they get away with that and maintain a PG-13 rating? Would it be just the same if it we're Lisa's vagina?

The South Park movie was made after season 2 or 3 to end the series because Matt & Trey figured they'd gone to shit by focusing on other shit. I'm not sure what happened but I think they decided to drop all that shit and focus on the show again which is why it was decent for another 13-15 years until it went to shit again when they started focusing on other stuff like broadway shows.

With Simpsons the movie was something they should've done for season 10s finale and called it a day.

From those exclamation points I would say you watched it for the first time in 2015?

Do we have to do this every damn time this movie is mentioned? Just stop.

Yeah but they didn't just use the same fucking design and just change the hair colour

this is boring shit. take off your nostalgia glasses

if you listen to the audio commentary for the movie you realize they actually had a pretty good movie written, but because they were forced to do some prescreenings to a bunch of random non simpsons viewers they took out a lot of jokes and plots because 'the random girl in row 3 didn't laugh'.

No, Simpsons was shit when it started for a couple seasons. Then they got better writers and it hit it's stride and was great for about 5-6 seasons.... then it once again became shit.

Now, I'm not entirely sure if it was *actually* good in the early to mid 90s, or if it just really resonated with the culture of the time. There's a million things (particularly comedies) that were the product of an era and resonated if that makes sense.... but if viewed now without a heavy dose of nostalgia, you'll realize they kind of suck. Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy, or Beavis and Butthead are great examples of this.

I want to remember golden era simpsons fondly so I've made a point of NOT rewatching it. Growing up in the 90s, I fucking loved the original TMNT and Beavis and Butthead and I made the mistake of viewing them now and realizing that they just don't hold up. I'm not gonna make that same mistake with the Simpsons.

But Simpsons Movie was made a decade ago, long after the shelf life had expired. It's not very good.

I think "edgy" comedy ages the poorest as it constantly has to push new boundaries to keep it's freshness. You look at the edgy comedy (and once upon a time, Simpsons was shocking with it's vulgarity) from 20-30 years ago and it just doesn't hold up.