COME A LITTLE BIT CLOSER YOU'RE MY KIND OF MAN

COME A LITTLE BIT CLOSER YOU'RE MY KIND OF MAN

Does anyone have the body count for this scene?

this scene was bretty gud, but those guys were idiots for never taking a shot

especially the first couple in the hallway who could've started firing as soon as they rounded the corner but decided to yell and charge instead

oh well
I guess yondu's secondary power is making any and all mooks around him incapable of pulling a trigger

>so big and so strong
>Come a little bit closer
>I'm all alone and the night is so long

Rocket should just tell Quill he wants to suck his dick and be done with it.

Rocket is not for sexual. He's for self-loathing only.

I'M MARY POPPINS Y'ALL

How long until this films forgotten?

Doctor strange has the second lowest remembrance score with 2 months

Just saw this tonight, i think it's easily as good as the first one.

I thought yondu was cool since the first movie so of course they go and kill him off

Strange only had the BARGAIN meme going for it.

This is an entire movie of memes.

>The team is about to split up at the start of Act 2
>Rocket plays The Chain on his stereo as he watches Quill leave

Little dude has it bad.

dude pacman lol

I liked Dr. Strage, but was just too formulaic and only had one or two scenes worth remembering.

Guardians has a lot of moments and deviates from the usual Marvel story-telling. Also it has the only good villain from the MCU aside of Loki.

This looks like Bendis writing, but well done.

I really wish that Strange hadn't been another origin story, especially since Ant-Man did such a great job of introducing Pym as an established (and retired) hero and mentor figure.

I remember when Rocket was a playful smart-ass and not always-angry-blammurderedyou! 24/7.

is anyone going to even question "remembrance score" and where this guy is referencing it form?

I'm interested in this as well. MCU Yondu's got one hell of a body count for only being in PG-13 movies.

I don't know why this scene gets so much heat.
It's completely harmless, makes sense in-character and was set up earlier, it wasn't even the worst joke of the film.

Because DUDE PIXELS LOL
Even though in Pixels the joke and the punchline was "we got pacman"

I personally would have enjoyed it better if it was Skeletor and I'm betting that was planned but it'd probably be harder to get the rights from Mattel and also they probably wanted to go for someone that's recognizable by normies (who DOESN'T know Pacman?)

I sincerely think that if it weren't for those two factors, they'd have gone with something other than Pacman.

How does Peter have 'mucho' history with the Kree?

Just wanted to say that in the scene when Ego becomes David Hasselhoff, I actually heard some ~20 year old girl in the crowd say "wait, who was that? why did they laugh?"

There's no way someone like her would recognize Skeletor.

Are you being dumb in purpose?

I wouldn't have minded if it was just the Pac-Man, but actually using the sound effect just pushed it over the edge.

>There's no way someone like her would recognize Skeletor.
I have a worse one.

>normies think it's some sort of Undertale homage

They made the Sovereign fleet a giant arcade complete with retro sounds and lights. And Peter's big memento from Earth is a device that plays music, not including the sound effect would be out of character for him.

After Annihilation Pete tagged along with Ronan to serve as his advisor. He set up the deal for the Space Knights to come and help rebuild Hala, which means he was also accidentally responsible for the subsequent Phalanx occupation. So the Kree set up him up with a suicide squad of prisoners which is where he met Rocket.

After he formed the Guardians and they broke up the first time he went and tried to talk to Ronan and Ronan threw him in the negative zone.

I'M MARY POPPINS, Y'ALL

That was touching

>Guardians has a lot of moments and deviates from the usual Marvel story-telling. Also it has the only good villain from the MCU aside of Loki.
Right on both counts. There were thing I found familiar about the "Biological absentee dad is a dick, adoptive dad it the real dad" storyline, and yet, it's not one that has really been explored in the MCU, and this movie didn't seem to follow the usual MCU movie beats as much as most, or even as much as the first movie did.

I hated Ego. Not as a character, I thought he was a very effective villain, I mean that by the end of the movie I just loathed him as an individual. Most of the villains in the MCU that are selfishly evil hadn't really gotten that reaction from me, because they're just greedy businessmen; the rest of the lot are barely even selfishly evil, more often they're fanatics who somehow think they're doing the right thing. Ego was genuinely evil, in a way that felt genuinely believable, and was genuinely despicable because of it.

hahaha i too enjoyed le redditors of le galaxy 2 xD

I don't think normies even know Undertale

Agree. Audience I saw it with were genuinely angry at him. Never saw that with any other MCU bad guy.
> audience muttering what a dick he was when revealing his plans.
> got louder when you find out about his kids.
> reveal about Quill's mom.
> Boom. Cheers.
Kudos to Kurt.

Even my dad didn't know some of these songs, or people at the time didn't even like them.

Whatever. This movie tried too hard.

I guess Quill's mom was just too much of a patrician for the galaxy to handle

>the only good villain from the MCU aside of Loki.
How? I saw Ego being the bad guy from a mile away.

>Kudos to Kurt.
Kudos to Kurt and James Gunn. He actually had the balls to make Ego responsible for the death of Peter's mom. Without that, you would only be left with the Universe-conquering plan, and would have to come up with some other way for Peter to turn against him, most likely related just to finding out Ego's plan. We've already had MCU villains whose plans include large-scale destruction, on its own it doesn't mean much, when it's just nameless bystanders at risk. Having him responsible for the death of a pivotal figure in the main character's life threw his plan into perspective: that he's willing to sacrifice anyone or anything for its completion, even the woman he loved.

Not even that user but last I checked "good villain" wasn't a synonym for "what a twist : disney villains edition."

He was good because he was a compelling character, was a great antagonist to the mains, and made the audience hate the shit out of him.

On major improvement over Ronan was that Ronan had barely interacted with the heroes of the film by the end of it. There's no connection between Quill and Ronan at all: he knows about him by reputation, and didn't even really see him when he attacked Knowhere. Drax has a strong connection to Ronan that is played on, and Gamora worked with him once, and that's it.

Your dad has shit taste

This. Who the hell doesn't like Jay and the Americans?

I wonder if Quill would actually let Rocket suck his dick

>yfw Meredith Quill was a proto-hipster.

No, his dad is just an uncultured swine.

I read Annihilation Conquest sometime after seeing GotG, the irony of them being formed by order of their film's antagonist was amusing.

The possible reference at the beginning of GotG2 where they were hired because "Sovereign are too important to risk and the Guardians are expendable" was also funny.

Third-worlder here. Almost nobody in my theater knew who David Hasselhof is, so barely anyone laughed, and I'm more inclined to think that they either asked "wait what", or "is Ego mocking Quill's father figure?", or both.

Meredith was also a cutie god fucking damn

No, we're assuming he's pulled it from his ass like most quanititative assessments without citation.

both of these are correct, I'm pretty sure Gunn actually said during a Q&A that he picked some unpopular songs because Meredith wasn't picky and kinda listened to whatever sounded good to her

Didn't the show Quill still had that picture of Hasselhof that he mentioned earlier? I figure people would recognize him from that.

It's funny how an alien spaceship looks exactly like a 20th/21st century steel mill.

>Fucking humans is so mainstream

You're mistaking loneliness for lust. Rocket has crushing emotional issues due to an horrific background and desperately needs someone to be friends with. Just because he's emotionally fragile does not mean he wants to bone Pete.

DON'T FUCKING TELL ME THEY TAINTED JAY AND THE AMERICANS
THOSE FUCKING SHITS TAKE EVERY SONG AND TAINT IT

Yep. But I imagine it was easy to miss.

Oh yeah, when Ego dropped that bomb the theatre's reaction was great.

>"It killed me to put that tumor in her head"
>Absolute dead silence as everyone processes it
>Simultaneous "Holy fuck"-esque reaction from the whole room

Germans got the reference.