Do you believe the finale could really be done properly in the course of 30 minutes?

Do you believe the finale could really be done properly in the course of 30 minutes?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12982841
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah if Jack doesn't go back to the past

They do it all the time

I doubt that's going to happen at this point. I think Ashi will be the key to creating another portal for him but Jack will turn it down so he can remain with her and focus on repairing the future for the better without Aku.

Literally like 4 days away from finding out

yes, too bad we only have 22 minutes

Could have had more if the plot actually progressed some more in recent episodes

Yes but there's no way he's going back to the past.

It could always be a DOUBLE WHAMMY.
I mean that would be awesome.

Underrated

shh, the kids can't handle the truth

no

Yeah I do. Think about the first episode and how much that covers.

The resurrection of Aku
Jack father explaining the sword and how he defeated Aku the first time
Aku's attack on Jacks home
Jacks training
Jacks reunion with his mother and claiming the sword
Jacks return to his homeland and reunion with his father
Jacks battle with Aku
Being sent to the future

Half an hour is a long time if you use it wisely. Another example is the famous Guardian fight. The fight itself lasts less than 6 minutes

strawpoll.me/12982841

considering the pacing is already the weakest part of the show, I'd say no.

Genndy made an awesome Star Wars show where most of the episodes were less than 10 minutes. If anyone can deliver a satisfying conclusion in 22 minutes, it would be him.

I hope it's straight up 30 minutes long. No breaks.

If Jack stays in the future I will be mad. The entire point was for him to get back to the past to save his people and undo the 1000 years of evil that Aku inflicted on the world.

Genndy won't throw out the premise of the show like that, Jack will go back to past.

He was never going to the past, user.

>character's goal
>premise

Are you also mad that the Roadrunner was never caught?

He's not wrong. The premise of the show is a samurai adventuring through a corrupted future on his quest to find a way back to the past.

lol

The series finale is actually 10 episodes long, a season long, and yest, it's been done properly

He implied it's "a samurai adventuring through a corrupted future on his quest finds a way back to the past." There have been many, many works of fiction where the protagonist never achieves their goal; are those "throwing out" their premise?

Being unable to return to the past is one thing. Deliberately choosing not to do so is another.

Read your own premise, user. Questing for a way back to the past doesn't necessarily mean he actually will

Ideally I'd like to see an hour long season finale for the final episode but as we are now we're set up to wrap everything up without things feeling TOO rushed.

I'm just saying that's what the premise is, dumbasses.

>jack getting his gumption back
>aku's fate
>ashi's fate
>jack either going to the past or staying in the future
>the resolution of all of that
>and the end of the show
>all in 22 minutes
Seems like it's going to be pretty rushed to me.

its going to be a lesson on how you should be heading towards the future and not thinking about your beloved ones being tortured to death

The fights in Samurai Jack were never really that long though. Ideally I don't think Jacks fight with Aku should last longer than 10 minutes max

HOLEE SHIT I never realized how true the whole "vocal minority" thing was until now. JFC

>bring back hit show
>during the making execs see how great it is
>ask for an extra season with budget guaranteed
>shit, better change the end of this season to leave room for season 6

Unfortunately she's grown on me even if her face is ugly as fuck.

Have you not been looking at the episode polls? They're overwhelmingly positive. A big problem with Sup Forums is we mostly only talk about shit we hate

Not gonna happen. Season 5 is the end.

>22 minutes to wrap up Jack getting the sword back, Ashi turning back into a human or heroically sacrificing herself, Jack defeating Aku once and for all, and either Jack staying the future and seeing how Aku's defeat makes peoples' lives better or going back in time
I can't imagine how they plan to work the Scotsman and his army and have time for all of this.

You guys forgot about the Scottsman and his army reuniting with jack.

Well, Samurai Jack has always been a pretty minimalist show, it's possible they'll just solve the major plot points in very simple ways.

What ever happens, I look forward to the chaos that will be Sup Forums during these 22 minutes.

See
Easily done

No.

but how?

>Big fight (5m)
>Scotsman and his army returns;Demongo possibly returns (5m? Rolled into main battle?)
>Fate of Ashi (5m)
>Fate of Aku (5m or sudden death at end of battle, dying w. surprised expression?)
>Fate of Jack (5m)
>Epilogue of some kind (2m?)

Uh, maybe? It looks pretty tight

Not gonna lie, I'm going to be moderately annoyed if the series ends without Jack going back to the past.
I'm currently expecting Ashi to use her latent Aku powers to make a time portal for Jack.

>27m
Even with credits that leaves no room for the ads, we're gonna get 22min of airtime user

That's not how it would happen.
>It would be a misty night
>Jack is climbing a huge castle
>Not before he defeated it's 8 feet tall six armed mutant guard
>Then he would be climbing all battle damaged, with his hair all messed up, with his sword in his teeth
>When Jack reaches the top of the castle, Aku would creepily creep out from the shadows
>Jack can smell his foul stench
>They would stare each other down
>Jack would say "You have plagued the land with your evil long enough prepare to meet your doom"
>Aku would answer "You are truly powerful, Samurai, but no match for my evil wizardry!"
>And then they fight
>Aku quickly turns into a huge dragon like creature
>But he's no match for Jack's samurai skill
>And with one mighty blow Jack destroys Aku
>Then he would sheath his sword cool style and say "My quest has ended, I will now travel back to my own time and undo the evil that Aku has done"
>The end.

That's only logical. When you dislike something you tend to complain, thus discussing the problems with other disgruntled fellows, which translates into many threads/posts being made about how a thing is bad, and yet you see most of the posts come from guys that disagree with the people that don't like the show. Ergo you see many threads that complain about stuff but most of the POSTS are not of the same opinion.

At what point in that sequence of events does Jack eat porridge?

What will happen is that the live chat will be mixed with joy/sadness while airing, and then Sup Forums will begin to turn on the episode like they have with every one before it. At any rate the ending will never reach expectations. Personally I've had a blast watching the season, and hope it ends on a high note

>5 minutes for Scotsman and his army to save Jack from his piblic execution
>8 minutes for Jack to fight Aku and Ashi and end up killing both with an emotional Matrix-styled farewell to a dying Ashi
>5 minutes for Ghost Scotsman to create/transform into a portal back in time through celtic runes magic
>4 minutes for quickly slaying past Aku and Epilogue

This is how I believe it will happen

Isn't the last episode a two parter?

>24% don't like her

Vocal minority confirmed.

No official source said so

No, that would be the smart thing to do.

I've always found Jack's quest to return to go back to the past misdirected. Sure, it sucks that he essentially lost his home and wished to go back to the past, but despite Aku the the future wasn't a completely crapsack and he formed many bonds with the people he saved. Returning to the past my undo the evil Aku has caused, but unless the the universe works in the multiverse theory, returning to the past could potentially erase the people he got to know, including Ashi, who we know wouldn't exist without Aku. Even if the multiverse theory is true, then he would leave an universe to be eternally ruled by Aku.

The very moment Jack arrived in the future, his quest should be about destroying Aku.

So the ending it's going to be like Gurren Lagann all over again

>Snap out of it, Ashi!
>You are not your mother!
>You are not your father!
>You are your own person!
Yeah... he's.. not going back.

This desu.