>star wars
>5th element
>blade runner
>District 9, Elysium
>The expanse
>arrival
>2001
>Stargate

I really want some good stuff bit apparentally Ascension, Colony, Helix , the 100 are all not really good.

Why did Sci Fi die, bro?

Also comic book fags need not apply.
>dark matter
Gets way too ridiculous down the line
>You didn't lost firefly
True. This one is good mostly.
>Westworld
Partly true but not really scifi.

>5th element
Valerian then

looking for some modern philosophical scifi set in present day. i like black mirror, ex machina, and her.

I watched dark. Since I'm Germanfag and it was praised a lot.
>it's as much scifi as lost (show)
I would call it mystery
>characters are masterfully written
>acting is really good for the most part
>settings , world and relationships between characters are believable and well refined
>beautiful images
>starts strong and intriguing
Those are the good parts.

>too little clearing up and too few questions answered
I'm okay with mystery and some unresolved plot lines bit as of season 1 finale I find it a bit unsatisfactory. Not sure if I will watch s2.

That being said I love the great quality in general and applaud my Vaterland for this.

Got bad crits for the plot. Should I still watch ?

Try Snowpiercer, Edge of Tomorrow (Live, Die Repeat in America) or Dredd

Gattaca

Another Earth because Brit Marling is best waifuuuu

>too few questions answered

i agree
even Stranger Things threw everything they had at it in season 1 not knowing they would get a season 2

It had potential but I still turned it off about 45 minutes from the end. There's better stuff out there

12 monkeys series is pretty good, seems like there should be a new season coming out soon, too

Yes
>who is noa and what does he want
>same applies for the witch sniper grandma
>who built those tunnels/doors
>what's the meaning of those medieval symbols
They should have answered these at the very least. I'm fine with that cliffhanger ending but you gotta give me sth.

>Personally I'm curious what made hannah (protagonists mom) so unempathic and lacking in self worth that she became such a destructive force.
Lack of loving mother? Abuse? Weird upbringing from dad?

>Why did protagonist dad kill himself?

Like?

Thanks but watched all those except the comic book one.

Awesome wasn't aware of this. Will watch. Thank you.

i thought
Noah was Bartosz but as was pointed out to me, he has different colored eyes, so he must be from the future as he is a set character from a different time that has no connection from anyone that we know of, so far
and mikkel got cucked so hard he killed himself, but honestly what does he really know

Also i recently watched starship troopers cringy af but still enjoyed it as the b movie that it is.
Also pic related is a nice bonus.

Great point actually wrt Noah.
Wrt matching eye color: I'm quite sure the protagonist has a different eye color than the guy who claims to be him at the end of season 1.

Maybe mikkel killed himself because he couldn't deal with seeing himself grow up? Bit dunno. Also afaik hannah started phucking Ulrich after her husband died? Tho granted her obsession has been ever present.

If you can get on board with the idea that casting wooden teen heart throb actors is actually another layer on the whole war propaganda parody (casting the exact kind of low rent actors who would appear in propaganda) then the bad acting can actually add to the enjoyment.

Why did Jonas refuse to cuck his father and obtain the superior mommy gf?

oh man, i can be assured hannah was fucking ulrich for a looong time she's that much of a crazy, obsessed cunt
but from what we've seen of her, she's got some kind of plan, but again, it's very vague where they left off on season 1 as to what each character has planned or will find out about themselves

>ITT mainstream trash

A plan?
It seems her only motivation is to literally possess ulrich.
>lies to bring him to jail and make his gf leave him
>participates in cheating on his wife
>upon being dumped by Ulrich and later found out by his wife hannah now lies to further destroy Ulrichs marriage
>blackmail richest/most influential person in city to literally bully/torture Ulrich
Hannah is really really fucked up about possessing Ulrich but I don't see a greater plan. Explain yourself.

Germany is doing well with the tv shows lately.
Also you can keep our grandparent's bikes if you make a third season for babylon berlin.

>another earth
>mainstream
I don't think so.

Also Sup Forums is currently 80% star wars discussion.

>implying you can list good non mainstream scifi

Yes

Might try this. Altho I usually prefer my scifi with space.

This, sci fi needs a big budget in order to not come off as cheap.

You don't like Babylon 5?

Twelve Monkeys (1995)
Screamers (1995)
Freejack (1992)
Soldier (1998)
Almost Human (2013–2014) TV

>I really want some good stuff
Babylon 5
Farscape
Stargate SG-1
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

>implying you can list good non mainstream scifi
nigger please
>ARG
>Kill Command
>Infinty Chamber
>The OtherLife
and I am only scratching the surface

*ARQ

This guy right here, he's got the list

She's such a schemer I am sure she's asked Mikkel about the future and planned accordingly while fucking Ulrich.

Pandorum

Dark City (mute the first 20 seconds or so of keifer sutherland talking, once the camera stops panning downwards: it takes away from the twist, the directors cut takes it out iirc, trust me please do it)
Moon
Gattaca (sort of)

>mute the first 20secs
Really good advice

Alrighty, I will check out Farscape and DSN fo rsure. Stargate I already listed.

Is there any context to this?

Cheers, will check these things out. Though it is weird to see expanse ranked above battlestar galactica.

>no Star Trek DS9

c'mon now

Iron Man 1
Star Trek DS9
Valve Games

>Dark City
omfg i love this visual style. Thank you very much based user :) Will watch it and mute the first 20 seconds as you said. Cheers

Got bad crits, tho I will take your recommendation I guess.

Well she wants to destroy Ulrich completely. But by the time she comes to that Ulrich is locked in prison anyways.

Those movies I listed vary from good to cheese, but I enjoyed them.
I do agree with the other anons and say give DS9 a chance and the original series too.

She may know how long and what's supposed to come after. Again, the show doesn't finish arcs very well.

Whennhave critics ever been right? Especially when it comes to sci-fi, just watch it

Kill command seems to be especially good, will watch. Thanks.

Is there a reason most critics shit on those movies you listed?

Sci-fi is never well rated by critics, its a thing

Your list is good, plus :

Film :

>A.I. Artificial Intelligence
>Aliens
>Apollo 18
>Automata **
>Contact
>Edge of Tomorrow
>Ex_Machina
>Explorer
>I, robot
>Immortel (ad vitam)
>Ender'game
>Riddick (all the three)
>Moon 44
>Oblivion
>Prometheus (just forget it's alien prequel)
>Running Man
>Singularity
>Starship Troopers

Series :

>Dark Matter
>V (2009)
>WestWorld
>12 Monkeys
>star Trek DS9 and Discovery

The context is that almost everyone interpreted Starship Troopers as only being a dumb action movie when it came out. So most critics at the time disregarded it as stupid and cheesy, while people who only cared about guns and explosions found it enjoyable. Meanwhile the enjoyment is raised once again, when you take a step back and see that the entire movie is clearly mired in a deep coat of satire and camp which a lot of people just don't get.
I still like it even as just being a campy action movie though, without looking at any deeper.

yup KC is surprisingly good. Same goes for ARQ. In general you need to love scifi to enjoy it thus low ratings. Watch Infinity Chamber if you liked the Cube. Watch The OtherLife if you like Black Mirror

>Prometheus
a year ago i would call this a bait.

>Immortel (ad vitam)
Mfw I watched this exact movie on an ecuadorian bus ride in the coastal area. I never knew what it was called.

Also good list in general, thank you. Will def watch Contact, and V (2009)

did you watch legend of the galactic heroes yet?

Makes sense, cheers.

>legend of the galactic heroes
I usually dont watch anime, but I guess I could give it a try.

dont. after 50 episodes you are still nowhere

>Infinity Chamber
>The Black Hole
>Solaris
>Tron
>Tron Legacy
>Galaxy Quest
>Primer
>Demolition Man
>Total Recall
>Dredd

I have no idea how Valerian manages to be such a dull movie overall. I imagine two charisma vacuum leads had something to do with it.

It's fun, fuck you

Speaking of which I'd really like to se Armor adapted. Starship Troopers except more focused on the mental state of protagonists.

fuckoff Dark Matter was good. even better than Firefly with those shitty spacewestern episodes.

Alien Nation for something different.

this desu. Very underated show. Its a crime they took it down

>bad crits
crits are biased

>except the comic book one.
you mean Dredd? Dred is great. Snowpiercer is retarded af. neverstoping train? gtfo

t. not that user

The original Total recall is a borderline perfect movie

Backlash against Bright seems mental to someone just looking at it from the outside. Did everyone collectively decide to hate an average movie overnight or something?

>5/10 action flicks
>good scifi

again this stupid trekfag image

trash it already

because most people these days aren't really commenting the movie, just how you should feel about it

>writer accused of abuse
alright, but how's that relevant to the movie itself? it's not.

>it is weird to see hard scifi ranked above young-adult scifi soap .
kill yourself then.

>Should I still watch ?
Some vfx are cool, the plot the scrit and the actors are bad

The plot, the script and even the actors are fine, idk wtf you saw or if you even saw it but valerien is the only decent sci-fi to come out this year

>Galactica
YA
>the expanse
Not YA

Lol they both are you fucking child

>the expanse is hard scifi
Well, it has some really weird plot part to it with that weird bio weapon thing. Yes I know it is supposed to be the major plot part. But I found the earth-mars-belt dynamics and story more interesting. I also digged the earth internal politics and regular space stories.

When it came to the super-bio-aliens stuff I was a bit turned off. But it is still good enough.

All of that being said I would not say that expanse is much harder scifi than battlestar. Why do you think that?

Its b-movieness is also intentional. Its opening scene where it looks like a 90s sitcom

Might as well watch Twin Peaks while you're at it. It's not really sci fi but it revolves pretty heavily around alchemy / UFOs / electricity.

>Oblivion
I really liked the movie,shits great

>sci-fi
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>star wars

just compare the number of the love affairs, kid

also that mary sue genderswiched coofeefranchise-advertisment ... ridiculous

hardest you can get

>Personally I
brainlet

GO SUCK CARA'S DICK YOU RIMJOBBING FAGGOT!!!FACT!!!

Set your phaser to defaggotize and shoot yourself yourself in the head user

Why am I such a colossal faggot?

Lol
>compare the love affairs
Wat the fuck are you on about kiddo? Really what the fuck does this mean?

>also that mary sue genderswiched coofeefranchise-advertisment

How drunk are you?

>Why did Sci Fi die, bro?
It was dumbed down for normalfags.

The Sound of My Voice is top-tier Britkino as well.

No one knows, just stop posting forever...please

kut moffen

>Starship Troopers is a turn-your-brain-off b-movie

Westworld is fun.

Black Mirror is also sci fi.

It died with Starlost. What are you gonna' do?

BABYLON 5
watch it now

Evangelion

Every detail of Starship Troopers is so masterfully done. Outside of The Shining and really precise non-narrative stuff like Koyaanisqatsi, I don't think I've seen anything as meticulously thought out as ST.

It is, not him but the subtext was obvious from release even more so then RoboCop, it is a 'turn your brain off and enjoy' everything is obvious AF

Watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Half of the characters are Space Germans, but in a good way.

So obvious that it flew over the heads of not just general audiences, but the majority of critics as well.
Its okay to admit that you're too young to remember 1997 user.