13 episode 1st season

>13 episode 1st season
>52 episode 2nd season

Did they do the right thing?

You make a Gargoyles with something to discuss that's not about who's cuter or how their assholes work and gets nothing, and you wonder why you even tried.

It's pretty weird, and I blame the larger episode order for season two for making Avalon so unbearable.

The season finale was nice, though.

This was done in part because of Eisner's 65 episode rule. They knew it was going to hit the episode limit so they just told the gargoyles team to make a longer second season. All things considered it had more good episodes than bad so it wasn't a total waste. They didn't want that big of a gap or quality to go down.

But it was too good and people wanted more, thus they made a 'new series' in the Goliath Cronicles. Which a lot of the art and story quality suffered. That was a bad call. It ended a great show on a real sour note.

The beginning of Season 2 before Avalon was GOAT. Season 1 was a bit rocky, but still very good. I didn't mind the world tour, but Elisa, Goliath, and Angela are awfully boring characters just by themselves.

>a bit rocky,

Do you think it would've faired better if the 52-episode order was stretched over a few years?

I'm not sure. On one hand the world tour was so long, and as someone said Goliath, Elisa, Angela, and Bronx were boring to watch it was the events that made it interesting. They probably would have scrapped a large number of those episodes if there was a larger gap, and love them or hate them but the world tour helped build the gargoyles world and lore. It was also a good build up to The Gathering.

I am also worried because of how it could have affected the budget. They could have had a good second season with 26 episodes but could have had their budget cut for the last 26. We could have gotten Goliath Chronicles teir quality with great stories and I'm not sure how I would feel about that, because the art was so good. I also personally thought of when Goliath and the others got back as the start of the 3rd season.

During first World Tour episodes I really wanted it to end, but it slowly grew on me. I guess I stopped waiting for them to resolve things in Manhattan.

Which single episodes are your favourite? Blame my memory, but my choice is Grief and Pendragon.

this fanchise deserves to be with a better company, what would you want? Waner Bros?, CN?, Netflix?

You need to shut up.

The reason has to do with meeting the episode requirement for syndication. That's the same reason that the first season of series like He-man and Ninja Turtles were 65 episodes.

The mirror was really fun.

what do you think they'll make an appearance in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite?

The one where Goliath's face gets covered in thick cream.

I want more Demona in my life.

>Avalon
>unbearable

the boners that episode gave me

Bump. We don't need anymore "Lexington is cute" threads.

lexposter just put up two threads in the main board

do you think he posted on this thread?,
my guess goes to this guy

No, I'm

oh fuck I accused the wrong guy,

anyway this has been on my mind, do gargoyles sleep as well as turn to stone, because that seems more like a cryogenic stasis than a sleep, would they dedicate one day of the week to sleeping?

Japanese gargoyles was a dumb fucking idea

Better than the Native American or, shudder, English gargoyles.

It's the same fucking island, why do the English gargoyles look like fucking furries?

I liked the Oni Gargoyles. The episode it's self was a bit unusual, but the Japaneses Gargoyles themselves were cool.

It felt like I experienced the World Tour with them, and not in a good way. It was kind of interesting going around the world and meeting new characters and seeing new locations, but a lot of them weren't that memorable at all. I wish Greg got to do Season 3 the way he wanted to.