So who else has dropped RWBY at this point?

So who else has dropped RWBY at this point?

everyone but /trash/

I'm afraid I'm stuck on this ride. Maybe it'll get better, maybe it won't. Who knows? It doesn't matter anyways. Not to the man born without a choice.

Stuck until it ends

I dropped all of RT except Funhaus

I dropped RWBY after finishing the first season. Wasn't very good and I dunno why I even bothered watching that entire season.

what's RWBY stand for?

>what's RWBY stand for?
Basically Team Ruby, comprised of Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, and Yang Xiao Long

RWBY is pronounced 'Ruby' or whatever.

>So who else has dropped RWBY at this point?
The mods.

>everyone but /trash/
More like everyone who still likes it moved there.

Can't drop what you didn't pick up.

I respect the people behind the project; fully producing an independent animated web series is no joke, let alone for that thing to actually be as successful as this. But man...this show is just hot garbage.

All the characters are just flat, boring cliches. The writing is so bad it feels like a fanfic of an actual series. The animation is stilted and unconvincing, and the VAs couldn't act their way out of a paper bag. I have a bunch of friends who are into it, and I've tried to enjoy it under the mindset of it just being cheesy pseudoshonen fun, but...bleaugh.

>at this point?
You mean, like after the conclusion of Volume 4? That honestly seems like a weird place to drop it. I figured that most people who dropped it did so early on in the first few episodes and everyone who has kept up with it are either trapped in the ride or don't want to get off.

Volume 4 was so shitty that it made me drop the show. And I managed to sit though vol 1&2 and leave wanting more.

...Really? Nothing struck me as particularly horrible about Volume 4. In fact I even genuinely liked some of it.

For the life of me I can't comprehend how anyone picked it up in the first place.

Its nothing offensive and has a Saturday morning cartoon charm.

The Red Trailer.

After that I stayed because it was a nice little dumb show with cool weapons and fight scenes. The whole thing had a weird campy charm to it, which was helped by the fact that by that time it was just the small passion project of a nerd and his friends. It was nothing big or serious, just some dumb fun. There was a weird sense of purity to it then.

If you didn't drop it during the first two seasons, you have no excuse to drop it now.

so i never saw it someone explain why its bad now?

DROPPED it? People WATCHED it to begin with?

This, plus the world it's created has a crapton of potential. I'm mainly sticking around to see how they expand it. The setting is what's mainly holding me in.

Biggest complaints I've seen leveled against it is the overall writing/pacing of the show. They only release 12 episodes a year, and the episodes are only about 12-15 minutes long if you don't count the finales. This leaves them with not a whole lot of time to really get the plot going and deal with the metric crapton of characters they've introduced to the series. I admit it does have a serious "tell don't show" problem that i'm not sure that they can even resolve fully at this point due to the cost of production and managing the staff/expense needed to make this show now.

So you have a show that's been going on for several years and only in the last year and a half has really started to majorly advance the plot in some direction, which has pissed folks off in the process along with the general lack of lore/information that has been presented in the show proper so far.

Edgelords that felt betrayed because Vol. 4 didn't went grimdark.

Personally, I'm glad it didn't. Vol. 3 was depressing enough. Eager to check out Vol. 5.

Aye, volume 4 was at least a decent lore-dump and "set up" volume, hope it pays off in volume 5.

I know you're trying to be witty about how terrible it is, but there's no denying that RWBY is a very popular online series, so the jab kinda falls flat. It consistently gets millions of views on YouTube, ranging anywhere from 2-9 million. The Red Trailer itself got over 12. And this is just from YouTube, so it's not counting the Japanese dub or the viewership on the RT website.

Is it good? Very debatable. Is it watched? Not as debatable.

Pretty much my views on it to.

Dropped after Monty died and RT decided to shit on his corpse instead of letting him rest peacefully.

Only watched for the Monty-fight scenes and the cool weaps, then I saw a trailer for whateverfucking season and it looked like the most boring nonsense in the multiverse so I never picked it back up.

RIP Monty, tho

What happened to the generals?

Yes V4 not going grimdark was what made it blow

It wasn't the fact that we were spread across 6 separate plots, being team RWBY, Oscar and Oz, and Salem, which it absolutely failed to do so coherently and fucked characters over in the process.

They're in /trash/ until V5 starts back up.

I think people just watch it as a train wreck, or at least that's what I'm doing.

Everything about the actual show is so awful. The character's personality, the writing, and visuals/animation. Even the music after the trailers is evanescence tier.
Also if you unironically have a waifu from that show, you're a fag.

I mean I know it's garbage. I still watch it though. I don't even know why.

This. People who say Volume 4 was "good" are stupid. It was just as bad as the other volumes. Visual quality doesn't make up for shitty writing.

GTFO Miles

Actually, current RWBY only reaches barely 2 million after a few months. It's not like it breaks 2 million in a week

Go back to your containment board

It's not a general.

>ever picking it up to begin with
if ever there was a property to pick out the utterly tasteless mongs, it's this
I don't even need to go into why as has done it perfectly

This. I might tune in for the Extra Life Stream (and be totally lost because I don't recognize anybody or anything they reference), but I haven't paid attention to RT outside of Funhaus in years. They haven't exactly been producing quality content lately.

Volume 4 broke a lot of people. Even the subreddit was negative over it. The fans are well aware of its quality issues. I think it comes down to the weapons and world.

I picked it up for the weapons and fight scenes and stayed for the characters and the setting. I really just want to know if any main chars are going to die this season.

I stopped half way through vol 4. If shit actually happens in vol 5 I'll catch back up. I feel like they went the wrong direction with Jaune. Especially since he's supposed to be the leader and strategist and his solution for beating the Golem Grimm was to "hit it harder". I think they should've stretched out vol 3 into two volumes.

I watched it for best boy Roman Torchwick, but now I'm just watching to see how it ends with Neo, probably will drop it after, cant say for certain, its kind of like waiting to see a train crash.

Beyond the shit writing, shit acting, and shit animation, one of the biggest downfalls the show has is its structure.

Three "volumes" make a "season," and it's clear that a set of volumes is supposed to be watched together, since the first two volumes of a season act as setup for the third. The problem is that you only get one volume, which is a set of twelve 10-15 minute episodes, per year. Because of this, each volume has to also stand on its own as a single thing, so each one is going to have some final confrontation to build up to. It makes much more sense structure-wise to view the three volume sets together, but they don't air that way.

It's a messy, broken system that just makes Miles and Kerry's amateurish writing and directorial skills that much more apparent.

The Pyrrah and Cinder fight was horribly choreographed, was that under Miles and Kerry's direction? Cause for a volume where shit goes down, it was an awful way to end it on.

It was likely under MKs direction seeing as Monty wanted the edgy ending where Jaune accidentally ends up killing Pyrrha

cant remember what fights Monty worked on specifically, I do know he worked on Roman and Neo vs Ruby

You see, The fight they went with was the world class fighter with Magneto's powers vs evil girl with fire/Fall Maiden powers. It should have been cool as fuck. But it was just shit. At least if Jaune killed Pyrrah, it would make sense that the amateur ruined it for Pyrrah.

>Vol 4 is just as bad as the other volumes
Then why it gets special flak? You guys are overreacting or you just forgot what show you were watching.

>Drop the ball massively with Volume 4 in terms of story after all the hype that was Volume 3
>Chibi takes away so many tense/important moments and also lessens the impact later moments in the real show will have (Ruby and Yang being separated for the first time in their life/not seeing each other in forever means nothing to the audience since they've seen them mess around together for what will be close to 50 episodes of Chibi by the time V5 airs, not to mention dead characters like Pyrrha and Penny)
>Multiple characters somehow regress in terms of design after the upgrade to an actual animation program (seriously, what the fuck was with Yang and Nora's models?)

It frustrates me.

Vol. 4 saved the show for me. I was ready to drop it if the edgefest of Vol. 3 finale continued but fortunately it wasn't the case and I found again enjoyment in watching hijinks with team JNRR and a much needed mourning before moving on.

In the V3 finale or in general?

Because I know he pushed for Penny fighting with her weapons way back at the end of V1 despite M&K protesting, which kind of lessened the impact of both the reveal that she's an android and her fighting during the tournament.

>a much needed mourning before moving on

Literally almost no mourning happened. One scene of Jaune watching a video and a random scene of "Ooooh whaaa we lost Pyrrha oh and that ginger one whatshername" in the second to last episode doesn't count.

Yang got over her troubles offscreen. Weiss just sort of went to Atlas and then left. Blake continued to be coddled and treated as not doing anything wrong for whatever reason. Ruby went back to not doing shit.

I don't mind knowing that Penny was an android before hand. If they saved all thise reveals for right when she died, it would come off as a Shamalamadingdong tier twist.

Different user here

I wouldnt say it's as bad as the other volumes, I'd say it's more like Volume 2 if Volume 2 was slower, boring, and less coherent

Nah, the Penny V1 thing was that Miles didn't want her to be "stupid overpowered", which Shane got butthurt about since someone dared speak against dear Monty, so they had her destroy like 4 airships at once and didn't tell Miles they'd animated it until he sat down to watch the finale to record commentary.

Why is CHIBI an issue? Is not the first comedy spin off with death characters popping up. It's way to relax and play with canon-unlikely scenarios as also a bit of service for fans of small or deceased characters that wish to see more of them.

>Actual mourning doesn't count as mourning
Okay.

Best post.

I hate the glossy look everyones outfit has in Maya, nothing looks like cloth, it's all too stiff, the anti-upskirt tech that used to look like frills on a skirt now look like fucking diapers

It's pandering to a nauseating degree. I agree that it's a good way to have non-canon interactions to appease fans that bitch about everything, but it just feels really cheap to me.

Like I kinda said in the post, stuff like "NOTHING BAD EVER HAPPENED! EVER!" when they introduced Chibi-Pyrrha was eye-rolling worthy in my opinion. It feels like giving the baby its bottle, and also was a fucking whiplash to be introduced to this spin-off after they took a more serious turn in the show.

>Here's the true tone of RWBY, and what the show will be more like going forward
>btw here's a CGDCT spin off immediately after we introduce this tone shift

sad that ruby never really got to mourn penny

RWBY season 4 was a complete shit show. The fights were disappointing, especially the nuckelavee for all they hyped it up. The dialogue is super cliche and the romance between Ren and Nora feels like some shitty fan-fiction. They somehow managed to make Blake even worse and turned Sun into a buttmonkey for her sake. And the pacing, oh god the breakneck pace is the worse offender. Most of Yang's development is skipped, Wesis just kinds of wanders around doing nothing for the entire season.

Ruby's team is the worse offender. No breaks or team building/character developments other then the first ep. Just forced facefirst into plot, plot and more plot events. Isn't the series supposed to be similar to a JRPG? Where's the adventure? Show them running around, fighting grimm, interacting with the various villages they find, the world they live in, how they get along with each other over so many months together, the minor challenges and obstacles they face on the road and how life is on Remnant.

You know, worldbuilding shit. Instead, we get like 10 mins of that in the first ep, then destroyed village after destroyed village with blatant foreshowing and major plot dumps with no breaks until they end up in mistral.

Like holy shit, where's the world building? Where's the adventure and character interaction/development? Where's the villages? Where is my grimm infested wilderness? Can you believe that they were in the most heavily grimm infested place in the show so far and they only managed to fight grimm twice in the entire season, with the two grimm between solo boss fights.

>two minor/unimportant scenes counts

Hey look I can geentext as well!

The loss of Pyrrha didn't weigh nearly as heavy as it should have on these characters. Ruby saw two close friends die right in front of her, and as far she knows her sister is still dead inside and missing an arm. Her character barely changed, if at all. Yang had her sister "abandon" her not too long after her teammate/possible love interest do the same after she lost an arm trying to protect her. She was back to joking and messing around the moment she was reintroduced, only having one or two moments of "Oh yeah, I'm meant to have some development" before instantly brushing it aside. Jaune lost his partner who he only realised his feelings for/her feelings for him when it was too late.

Nora and Rem somehow got the most character development and showed the most baggage, and that only happened when something new was introduced that Volume.

Penny was forgotten about the second Ruby saved Pyrrha inside the stadium. Her charatcer and death was nothing more than a plot device to cause shit to go down.

She was mentioned only twice since then (once by Yang and once by Jaune, never by Ruby), and even then she wasn't the focus of the conversation and was treated as an afterthought.

>show about Team RWBY
>titular character Ruby loses one of her best friends
>show focuses on Jaune's feelings for Pyrrha instead
Good show MK.

>Burnie going off on a tangent on the latset RT Podcast about "offensive humour"
>When his flagship shows two most popular characters were a guy who "wasn't" gay and someone who "wasn't" retarded

Why must the good die?

The models looked questionable, and I don't think they have the shading down right. Some of it looks weird

The eyes seemed really weird to me. I can't quite put my finger on why though.

Only a few models, like Qrow and Blake for example, looked much better in Maya. Whilst others, like Yang, Weiss, Papa Schnee (although in V3 he wasn't actually a model) and Ironwood, seemed to regress massively.

I mean, remember the eyebrows on Mercury?

People watched for reasons other than spanking it to Blake and Yang?

>Spanking it to Blake and Yang

Spanking it to Weiss tbqhwymgm

It's hard watching them bend to the "progressive" mindset. You can tell Gus and Gavin don't give a shit. Even Michael is getting soft.

95% of the people who give a shit about the show are only in it for the waifus, who are such flat and basic character archetypes (the naive and innocent kid, the rich bitch with a heart of gold, the outgoing blonde bombshell, the brooding loner, etc.) that writing fanfiction/smut fiction without going "out of character" is super easy.

I liked how Gavins reasoning for toning down the jokes when he's "on-air" equated to nothing more than "I can't be arsed to deal with the moaning".

I bet the AH office was/is just filled with a shit load of "offensive" humour when the cameras aren't around, especially back in the old-old office with Geoff and Ray being there.

Certain parts, I'm sure.
AH definitely, whenever Mica isn't around to not be funny. Everyone in the Bungalow is probably always walking on eggshells though, so as to not offend some snowflake who works in there.

Depends.

Barb on the Internet-Box podcast showed how much of a disgusting animal that girl is. And people like Becca and Jon are hardly known for their PC qualities.

Wan't Mica one of those people who thinks money doesn't equal privelage or something like that? I never watched whatever podcast that got everyone up in arms about her.

Babs is kind of borderline at this point. She stopped that drunk story from the last podcast dead just to point out that "HEY MAYBE HE'S BI AND THEREFORE INCAPABLE OF FAULT"
Regardless, I dread the day that Funhaus starts to censor themselves.

I want to say she got drunk on a stream and tried to validate being bi as a legitimate sexuality.

>writing fanfiction/smut fiction without going "out of character" is super easy
I see this as part of the charm tbqh. This show is relatable in it's amateur writting quality. I guess this would be insulting to aspiring professional writers but it's fun that the show is simple enough for to assumptions of the average fan to actually be plausible.

I can see Funhaus splitting off if RT tries to censor them (not that I think they would).

Although I'd bet it's part of why the "Let's Play Family" shit flopped, since people like Funhaus and Cow Chop are the compete opposite of eggshell walking and wouldn't mesh with a potentially more restricted environment.

I mean, look at the OTS that Cow Chop and Funhaus did a couple of weeks back.

Why would anyone care about the shitty main characters? Your taste is garbage boco.

Pyrrha would've won had it not been for the dragon.

>It's a "Matt, Trevor, and Mica" episode

AH will die if they go they PC route. People like the raunchy humor and Michael rage. I think secretly Burnie doesn't give a shit. He's just trying to look cool.

I love Pyrrha and miss her but what the dragon had to do with anything? Pyrrha put up a great fight but Cinder simply had to wait till Pyrrha's stamina wears down and outlast her with her humongous Maiden Power. Pyrrha lost because she was human.

Michael's a dad now.
He's getting buff and giving motivational speeches on Instagram. The end has begun.

I dropped rwby when I heard the voice acting in the trailers for it

The time skip was a mistake. But I think that had to do with people throwing a fit over the bully arc.

It's so odd that people consider RWBY to be an anime. Is it because of the art style?

Yeah, the Cow Chop people specifically left the Creatures because of company policy making them more family friendly/restriction of creativity. I can't see RT doing the same considering how many views they get vs the Creatures now.

Burnie totally doesn't give a fuck. I think he's A) doing it for Ashley, and B) trying to please the outrage demographic that gets pissy over everything (even if they're a minority, and most people don't give a shit)

>picking up RWBY at all
That was your first mistake OP

>It's a Matt, Geoff, Gus, Joel, Burnie and Gus episode

The fit over the bully arc was fully justified.

Fuck off attemoting to make it mire of a episodic series and fuck off attempting it with characters no one at the time gave a shit about that weren't advertised/promoted to the audience at all.

Especially when they're as starved for time as V1 was.

She's Levarr Burton's daughter. She's never wanted a day in her fucking life. Who does she think she is to talk about "privilege?"

Isn't she like a freshman in college?

Muh advertised characters. Should Carolina get screen time or Wash? Their not the reds or the blues.

The time skip could have worked had it not been so long. It being six-eight months causes a whole bunch of narrative problems that just do not add up. It should have been a few weeks at most.

>Instant job when she leaves college that she only got because the people who hired her liked the show her dad was on from 20 years ago
>fail completely at job she was bought in for
>instead of letting her go, you move her to another department where she can't cause damage

Such a hard life this wealthy, 23 year old, good looking girl has had...

>>fail completely at job she was bought in for
wait, what?

Carolina, nah. She's shit and only exists because Kathleen is an idiot.

Wash was advertised though, and introduced in a spin off first. And it was made clear that Reconstruction would be presented differently to BGC. No misleading happened.

But she's BLACK and BISEXUAL and a WOMAN so she's oppressed! Don't you know how this works, you sexist, homophobic, racist fucking white male shitlord?