/bm/ Black mirror general

Discuss this season and rank the episodes

Reminder that Hang the DJ's score is inflated because girls like it. Just like San Junipero.

Metalhead was absolutely fucking shit

Did I completely miss the message of metalhesd or was there just not one?

I know this turns into SJW shit when Netflix bought it but are the first couple seasons kino?

no clue why black museum is rated so high
the episode did nothing for me

and girls arent people?

It was worth it for the doctor fucking himself alone

Plot was water thin and the style didn't make up for the lack of substance

where you do you think you are

If you're a brit you'll like the first two seasons

Kodi ratings have hang the dj lowest and arkangel highest rated interestingly.

Crocodile was GARBAGE
Arkangel was GARGAGE
Hang the DJ was GARBAGE

It seems like Charlie is just rehashing ideas at this point, why not hire other writers?

Where is there to go after Black Museum? That title and premise seems very "series finale".

Just make a new show that actually has more leeway for conceits to use.

It did seem like it was trying to be the normalfag episode for the gf. It's not black mirror without a bleak ending in my opinion.

I don’t know if he stills gets on with Chris Morris because they haven’t worked together again since Nathan Barley but it would be absolutely based if Charlie could get him to write an episode.Or Armando Ianucci.I don’t think Charlie can keep coming up with interesting new episodes, it’s evident he’s struggling with all the rehashed ideas.

Metalhead was so fucking awful, like some video a teenager would put up on Google Video in 2004.

1. Hang the DJ
2. Crocodile
3. Arkangel
4. USS Callister
5. Black Museum
6. Metalhead

I have been made aware of a certain scene in this show from a certain general, do any of you fine gentlemen happen to have a scene of a girl turning into a bug monster against her will.

I want to see how good the effects are in this show before watching it.

I've got the first and last episode to watch now.

Just watched Crocodile, not great if i'm honest. Series 4 is the worst to date

USS Callister
Hang the DJ
Arkangel
Crocodile
Black Museum
Metalhead

Cookie: a digital version of you with literally all of your knowledge and memories, that can interact with the outside world. The act of replicating somebody like that is expensive, and therefore this technology is mostly used by rich people (to create their personal servants) and the government (law enforcement, court bullshit, etc). A cookie is created by a computer being inserted into your brain and waiting for a week while it reads your brainwaves and absorbs your memories, and then surgically removing it.

USS Callister NPC: a digital version of you with literally all of your knowledge and memories, that can interact with the outside world. Created in roughly a day, using an above-average gaming rig and a piece of poop.

B R A V O
R
A
V
O

Shit rankings. Imo 5 > 2 > 6 > 3 > 4 > 1.

It's pretty clear that they're going to try and add more happy episodes after the success of San Juperino. I don't really have a problem with that but Black Mirror is at its best when it's depressingkino.

Not sure where I'd rank S4 in relation to the other seasons. There weren't as many high points as there were in Season 3 but there were some pretty great moments and I really liked Metalhead.

1. Arkangel
2. Metalhead
3. Black Museum
3. USS Callister
3.Hang the DJ
6. Crocodile

>yayyy female won, white male stuck in VR forever.

Black Mirror is dead.

Season 4 is fucking garbage. Worst season by far. So much shoehorned SJW shit. And the stories are crap.
Crocodile was the best one, followed by Hang the DJ which had a pretty shit ending. Then tied with Metalhead and Arkangel. Then Black Museum and USS Callister was the worst. But really Crocodile was the only decent one and it's nothing special by season 1-3 standards.

Anybody else feel like both Charlie Brooker and Neil Blomkamp can come up with some cool concepts but are hit or miss when it comes to constructing an enjoyable story around it

Did Black Museum remind anybody else of Freaky Stories? I kind of want to go back and watch a lot of those ABC cartoons now.

USS Callister 8
Arkangel 6
Crocodile 2
Hang the DJ 9
Metalhead 1
Black Museum 8

What's with all the praise for Crocodile? I thought it was pretty weak, the story is basically a woman covering her tracks.

Black Museum reminded me 100% of an Outer Limits season finale.

I stopped watching after the first episode of season two. I pretty much get the gist, technology is dangerous and we're all fucked. Should I watch White Christmas and call it good?

3 episodes in and this season has been absolutely shit. Netflix have the opposite of the Midas touch. Everything they touch turns to shit.

I thought this post was weak, it's essentially just a shitpost.

I disagree m8

In a way it was kind of bleak though, the simulations were rebelling against a system that told them who was their perfect match then in reality people are just blindly following another system telling them the exact same thing.

anyone who says Crocodile is bad is literally a tasteless fag that episode was kino

Who's ready for more guinea pig kino in Season 5?

1) Crocodile
2) Metalhead
3) Arkangel
4) Hang the DJ
5) USS Callister
6) Black Museum

Worst to best?

No best to worst. But that's just my opinion.

Season 4 was worst season

3>2>1>4

>a fucking guinea pig

>tfw thought the Black Museum tweest was going to be that the doctor had put his consciousness in Rolo
A little disappointed desu

I honestly don't get this criticism why would it be surprising that they would be able to use this technology on lower animals (when the probably had to test the tech on animals in the first place). The one thing I'll completely agree with is that guinea pig eye sight isn't amazing so they wouldn't get massive detail but they also probably would look at her computer and see that the last thing she searched was a blond short woman.

Watching Callister now. As usual, typical Black Mirror writing full of nonsense plot points, magic technology, focus in the wrong place, and moral lessons that only really apply given a very specific situation, bias and viewpoint.

Hilarious how people think this guff is the Twilight Zone for millenials. It's as deep as a puddle, and sells moustache-twirling 'gotchas' as philosophical moral quandrys.

It was pretty boring. Looks like Charlie's ran out of ideas what with all the uploaded consciousness episodes.
1. Metalhead
2. USS Callister
3. Black Museum
4. Crocodile
5. Hang the DJ
6. Arkangel

Everyone seems to like this series but my GF says it's trash.
Haven't seen it myself, why should I watch this?

>Hilarious how people think this guff is the Twilight Zone for millenials. It's as deep as a puddle, and sells moustache-twirling 'gotchas' as philosophical moral quandrys

I wouldn't say that is fair for the show in general but Black museum felt so like this it hurt.

The effect isn't very good

>rank the episodes

I still want to see it

>It's as deep as a puddle, and sells moustache-twirling 'gotchas' as philosophical moral quandrys
So basically it's the new Twilight Zone

It's like a heavily censored version of The Thing but very quick and with Galaxy Quest-tier CGI

why are european people so weak-willed and smarmy

I didn't make that comment to begin with I was just responding to it.

that was the most disturbing story in the season for me.

>metalhead rated lowest

I'm OUT

Me too not my favourite but one of the better ones.

I dunno really. Some episodes are good, some are average, some are trash.

Rolo Haynes was the best character

USS Callister started out really interesting but fell so fucking flat, it sucked
>becomes blatant ripoff of the Twilight Zone episode about the kid with god powers
>everyone else on the ship has tried a thousand times to hack the system
>stronk female programmer does it five seconds

1. Hang The DJ
2. USS Callister
3. Black Museum
4. Crocodile
5. Arkangel
6. Metalhead

Am I the only one who thought the chick in Crocodile was qt as fuck?

>ever trusting a fucking woman's taste
wew lad

user we all know it's your fetish you aren't fooling anybody

It's actually a ripoff of "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream" by Harlan Ellison, right down to the part where one of the characters sacrifices himself to kill the others, knowing that he'd be subjected to a fate worse than death before he could kill himself.

If you’re into disturbing movies you should definitely check it out. Some of the episodes are scary as fuck.

It's massively dumbed down from Season 3 onwards, but the first two seasons and the christmas special are great.

S1 > Christmas Special > S2 > S3 > S4
Black Museum felt like it was written by someone who never watched the show and just wikipediaed the chirstmas special

USS Callister was shit, unequivocally. It didn't say anything and it wasn't interesting. Just a straight-up "bad guy gets beaten by good guys" with no message

Arkangel was great, a bit linear and predictable but a well put-together story

Crocodile was fine I guess, I have no stron feelings either way

I don't get the buzz around Hang the DJ, it bored me to tears. Sure, the ending with le epin tweest was OK, but an episode that's 99% relationship shenanigans is not what I'm in the market for.

Metalhead was great, simple but effective and visually interesting.

Black Museum was OK, the substories were good since there's a bit of body horror and "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" complexity there but the framing narrative just boiled down to the same kind of "what if there was a dude who was really bad but then he got his comeuppence" simplicity as USS Callister

1. Metalhead
2. Arkangel
3. Black Museum (substories)
4. Crocodile
5. Hang the DJ
6. Black Museum (framing story)
7 USS Callister

I thought it was gonna be a good White Christmas-like episode where everything came together in the end and caught the audience by surprise. but they just turned it into some weak revenge story that could have been fleshed out and worked on way earlier in the episode with the 70 minute runtime

I liked the body horror ideas like he pain fetishist but they kind of ruined it with the whole dindu subplot. I wish they found a more fitting way to tie it all together and I wish they went for a bleaker ending.

This

>tfw no qt welsh girl in the back of your head experiencing your wanks with you

don't invite women to your post-apocalyptic scenarios

>trying to bash one out
>she keeps asking you to put a finger up your arse for her

fuck off becky my arse is for pooing only!!

It's commentary on those dog robots that are extremely dextrous/mobile/all terrain that are being developed

I'm glad Hang the DJ is getting the credit it deserves, easily best of the series.

why?

I've watched the first two episodes of this show, is it meant to appeal to some sort of woke normies or something? I like it.
They even have a part with the x-factor thing and the ooga booga asking fo dem tiddies n sheeit.

Well acted, really good chemistry between the 2 leads and a concept which I enjoyed.

>yfw you keep her on pause all the time except from mid-wank to just before you come, so that literally her entire existence is spent edging

Blessing or curse? You decide.

You stink of 12 years old.

>DUDE IMAGINE IF (CONCEPT) WAS IN VR
>DUDE SIMULATIONS LMAO

it's extremely derivative of past episodes

Did my post ruffle your truffles lad? What was it specifically?

Have a (you)

>episode all about getting a gf easily
>loser Sup Forums virgins rate it the best

Are you bothered?

Jesus Christ, I see what people mean about Metalhead now. The final shot COMPLETELY fucking ruined it. All that for a goddamn teddy bear?

It's literally just "imagine if tinder algorithms used simulations"

Bugsy Malone part in Crocodile was pure kino and saved the episode for me. The guinea pig part was shittly executed.

Why only 6 episode

>Crocodile was the best episode
You're embarrassing yourself user

Kid was dying back home. They had the location of a warehouse with something that could bring they kid joy in his final days. It was worth a shot, I mean who knew that a terminator would be waiting literally right behind the box of teddys.

Were we really supposed to believe the daughter in Arkangel was fifteen years old? She looks 25 - the actor that plays her is 21.

it has got progressively worse since it started pandering to amerifats.

In as non-pedophile a way possible the younger versions were a hell of a lot cuter

>15
>somehow in the same social circle with the 18+ guy

This doesn't add up.