Nightwing #21 Storytime

Writer from the DC Writers' Workshop takes over for an issue.

Nightwing looks better here

>It's a Dick and Wally episode

excellent

oh Seeley isn't writing this?

Probably because To wasn't able to draw the Blockbuster arc so replacement artists needed some time.

I'm down for having workshop writers write issues now and again, though. Probably one of the best ideas to breed new talent I've seen in a while, actually.

that hair.... Axel?

And next issue TT artist Miguel Mendonça is the new artist. Meanwhile, Javier Fernandez may be back this August.

Dick stubble.

Presumably the solicit for the start of the Blockbuster arc applies here:
>“BLOCKBUSTER” part one! After years of living in the shadows of others and traveling the globe, Nightwing has found a purpose and a city to call his own in Blüdhaven. Now, Blüdhaven’s prodigal son, Blockbuster, returns to reclaim his city and dispose of Nightwing by any means necessary.

I ship it.

which is Dick's secret for draw chicks to him?

And it was a good issue IMO.

>Stealing Hot dogs from a kid
At least it wasn't cakes.

Have you ever seen even 1 kid walking around with an entire cake?

>It's a "Nightwing auditions for CW's Flash" episode

Pretty good filler issue for a newbie.

Thank you.

That ain't JRJR? Huh.

>Blockbuster arc next
Welp, time to drop the series for a while.

Who's the Second Hand? They the Midnighter and Spyral villain group?

that birthday party was nuts, man...

is that niBBa taking a selfie with those girls

Next we're going to see Flamingo and El Sombrero making appearances

Fuck, Dicks name is legit just the perfect pick up line.

They showed up in the first Bludhaven arc. I'm thinking they're a Not!Intergang Seeley will use to set up international adventures and other shenanigans

All those background hipsters

I always hate this trope the moment the trigger is pressed and you hear the gunshot it's already too late. Even if you move or throw yourself, the bullet already hit its intended target. Unless you are speedster like here.

if bludhaven is between gotham and metropolis that suggests a potential crime wave event that occurs at or near a specific time for everyone. either a moving wave that flows across the earth or a single point in the daily rotation of the earth.

Yada Yada Yada trained by batman Yada Yada yada

>bar name is Moby Dick's
I think those are homosexuals

Batfolk dodge bullets all the time so you really have to use that willing suspension of disbelief.

oh sweet, reaper

Za Worldo!

read like a fucking fan comic

Didn't they already do that story the first time Nightwing had an ongoing? And even back then they were just ripping off old Daredevil vs. Kingpin plots.

Seeley wants to put his own spin on it.

Hopefully with less rape and less moping

It's gonna be a Tiger Shark vs Blockbuster crime war with Shado, Vertigo, Magog, and a bunch of other villains.

In a submarine.

>Wally pulling bullshit Speed Force powers out of his ass

Just like the good old days.

>soder
who talks like this

Soder is a soft drink brand that's existed since 1997, but it is pronounced that way in areas of the northeast.

So, without Linda in his life, Wally goes back to his manwhore ways!

Bump, great issue, I like DC using a farm system to cultivate talent

>Speed Force Wizard Wally

Yesss

That... that barkeeps beard is magnificent.

This was a lot of fun. Good issue, even if a bit tropey. Dick and Wally are a fun teamup and the villain had a cool power.

Half of their "farm" is off doing stuff at Marvel lel

This was okay, I guess. I expected it to be a bit funnier.