Can someone explain the timeline of these movies to me? Is Logan in the distant future of the Deadpool timeline?

Can someone explain the timeline of these movies to me? Is Logan in the distant future of the Deadpool timeline?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o1Xh7aUkdyk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Logan is a "what if?" scenario. Don't think about it too hard.

That's harder than explaining x-men comics

This is a pretty complicated question that I'm going to try and explain as simply as possible for the sake of time and not adding to your confusion.

Here we go.

FOX doesn't give a fuck.

Forget the timeline for these movies. Look at every movie as its stand alone thing vaguely based on the other movies and TV shows they have.

Deadpool's timeline is the only one that matters because its Fox's new cashcow.
Everything else is up in the air depending on what they want to do with Deadpool.

deadpool is a massive movie hit..... its like some strange dream.

its not bad but not quite right and i cant place why, every one who read deadpool always wanted a movie.

FOX isn't nearly as consistent as Marvel Studios is with the MCU, which still slacks off at times.

Thank god though, I mean I like how they incorporated Caliban but he still only got tacked on because of the trainwreck that was Apocalypse

First Class - Wolverine1 - X-men 1 - 2 - 3 and Wolverine 2 and the 'present day' of DoFP are one timeline.

You could probably chalk up the Xavier walking in Wolverine 1 as him projecting himself telepathically. In the prologue for x-men 3, it was probably him wearing a metal bodybrace and having Erik move him how he wanted through telepathic signals. They were probably there to sway Jean to their respective causes though.

Due to the time-travel shit in DoFP, everything that happened between Wolverine 1 to DoFP was rewritten. Apocolypse is in a new timeline.

So it's First Class - DoFP (70s events) - Apocolypse and the epilogue of DoFP.

The director of Logan basically said it isn't canon to the previous films, so you really shouldn't count it.

Deadpool may be intentionally ambiguous as to where it fits and they may tease fans with that forever.

>Wolverine1
Wolverine 1 isn't canon.

First class
Old bits of Future Past
Wolverine
Xmen
Xmen 2
Xmen 3
Wolverine 2
Future Past Future stuff

New timeline
First class
Old bits of Future Past
Apocalypse
Deadpool

Super fun side timeline
Logan

Because Deadpool made his name as a light spoof on the medium of comics. People who had some good context of events in comics, especially X-men would get a laugh at the small nods. However now Deadpool is mainstream, and so instead of a fun nod to what you know, he's the only one people give a crap about, and Fox is going to make him the figurehead of their universe.

>Wolverine 1 isn't canon.

Yes it is. They even used clips of it when Logan was having his flashbacks in DoFP.

Yea, Logan seems to be its own thing, while still borrowing from other movies.

I basically think there's 5 timelines for x-men movies. There is not 1 universe.

>five timelines

my head hurts

so fox got some thing to stick and there just gona run with it?

of course deadpool is a fucking hit, hes pretty awesome, it took fox years to learn this?

There is no timeline, don't hurt your head.

Explain Emma Frost's timeline, in detail.

Did her shit in the 60s, died in the 70s. Bam.

The mutant in Wolverine 1 wasn't Emma Frost. Just some other bitch who had only just a diamond form similar to Frost's.

In b4 intense and concentrated shitposting.

>but he still only got tacked on because of the trainwreck that was Apocalypse
Wrong, Fox allowed the character to be in both without noticing

If Fox was smart they'd just say it's emma reincarnated. That girl was under 20 years old, it could work. Emma Died in 63-65? Girl was born in 1966? Emma put her body into a baby and it came a mutant with the same powers. Easy as fuck retcon fix.

>Emma put her body into a baby and it came a mutant with the same powers. Easy as fuck retcon fix.

You know, considering Xavier seemingly did almost the same thing, I could buy that.

deadpool is a stand alone

Frist Class X123 DOFP age of alpacalips

wolverine origin, the wolverine, and logan are not cannon to the other movies, or to them selves.

This is pretty simple there are 3 timelines

Timeline A (Original Timeline)
>First Class
>Origins
>X1-3
>The Wolverine
>DoFP (Bad future)

Timeline B (New Timeline)
>First Class
>DoFP (1970's)
>Similar events of X1-3 and The Wolverine
>DoFP (Good Future)
>Logan

Timeline C (History in the making)
>First Class
>DoFP (1970's)
>Apocalypse
>Deadpool
>Any futrue X-men related film

>The mutant in Wolverine 1 wasn't Emma Frost.
It very clearly is.

Origins does not exist!

Timeline A (Original Timeline)
>First Class
>X1-3
>The Wolverine
>DoFP (Bad future)

Timeline B (New Timeline)
>First Class
>DoFP (1970's)
>Similar events of X1-3 and The Wolverine
>DoFP (Good Future)