Secret Empire Adds One More Issue

cbr.com/secret-empire-10-issues-marvel/

>In what is becoming a yearly tradition, Marvel Comics has added an extra issue to its summer event series Secret Empire, with issue 10 arriving in August.

>“[Writer] Nick [Spencer] has constructed each issue of Secret Empire so that it ends with a climactic twist or a big reveal or a shocking development, and issue #9 is no exception,” Executive Editor Tom Breevort disclosed in an interview with Marvel.com. “So moving into the finale, with issue #10, the heroes across the Marvel Universe will be pushed to the breaking point as we race to the exhilarating climax we’ve been planning for months. Oh, and let me say again: we’re not going to use the Cosmic Cube to simply reverse everything away—the stakes matter, maybe more than they ever have before.”

Thor's face doesn't look like the face of defeat.

>Nick [Spencer] has constructed each issue of Secret Empire so that it ends with a climactic twist or a big reveal or a shocking development

Ah, Bendis' method

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

THE MARVEL UNIVERSE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!

>we’re not going to use the Cosmic Cube to simply reverse everything away
>the stakes matter, maybe more than they ever have before

Well when they put it that way, I'll totally believe them now!
Just like how it was D.C's fault or the forced diversity that crumpled Marvel's sales into the shitter instead of the writing and editing incompetence.

It will likely be another ass-pull bigger than Bendis jerking off a donkey.

>Bendis jerking off a donkey
I almost want to ask him about this.

>Are you SHOCKED yet?
>Consequences will NEVER be the SAME ya bunch of white bigoted pricks!

What's the point? Spencer already ruined the whole thing by bringing the real Cap and invalidating Hydra Cap.

>SECRET EMPIRE #10 (of 10)
>Written by NICK SPENCER
>Penciled by STEVE MCNIVEN
>Cover by MARK BROOKS
>Variant Cover by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
>Villain Variant Cover by DAN MORA
>Civil Warrior Variant Cover by TBD
>Action Figure Variant Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER

AWWW SHIT WHO HERE UP FOR MOBILE GAME SYNERGY?!

Not me, I just wanted to ask and see if anyone else was.

>Iron Cap
We've seen this before.

>the stakes matter, maybe more than they ever have before.

>Mobile game synergy
What?

user, don't you realize that this time NOTHING WILL EVER BE THE SAME™

>with issue 10 arriving in August
You mean in December, after Legacy launch?

So Hydra conquering America matters more than the multiverse being destroyed.

>Well when they put it that way, I'll totally believe them now!
'Member when Spider-Man unmasked in the first super hero Civil War? 'Member how they said that it was a lasting change and they, and I quote, "wouldn't just magic it away"? 'Member how, less than a year later, he made a deal with Mephisto and LITERALLY MAGIC'd IT AWAY??

Yeah.

Except for the creative teams. The creative teams will remain the same. Especillat Slott on ASM.
>Slott will never leave ASM
>Slott will still be writing ASM a hundred years from now

Why the fuck is Slott still on Spider-man? Why not anyone else?

Slott will probably literally die before he stops writing Spider-man

It's all he really has going for him. He'll only stop when he either dies or somehow crosses the line and gets fired.

Is Slott married?

There's a game called "Contest of Champions" in it they made an OC called the Civil Warrior where Steve incorporates Tony's tech to himself after Civil War where Tony dies instead of Steve.

Google says no

can't someone higher up just take him off of it? Is ASM still selling well enough to warrant Slott staying on?

>Oh, and let me say again: we’re not going to use the Cosmic Cube to simply reverse everything away—the stakes matter, maybe more than they ever have before.”

They're scrambling to find a new ending after fans guessed exactly what they were gonna do, huh?

Sure, Tom
Sure

>Oh, and let me say again: we’re not going to use the Cosmic Cube to simply reverse everything away

You can't pretend that you didn't start this whole fucking event by doing this!

It's from "What if : Civil war" comic

It's Marvel's highest seller (that isn't a #1, or an event book, or a Star Wars comic), but at the same time sales have dropped.

Is nobody gonna discuss the fact that it says "classified" on the logo? What's it hiding?

who the fuck knows

who the fuck cares

A big, grey clitoris...
Or captain america's classic shield.
I'm going for the clitoris.

I'm still going to read this. The story has been super great so far

Fucking yes.

Best event, kill all faggots.

Enough with the astroturfing, Spencer.

Man, if Marvel claims that it needs another issue to wrap up this whopping story, I trust them! We've already seen the Marvel Universe shaken to its core with the Civil War, can it really regroup and rebuild once Steve Rogers is defeated?! Jeez, Marvel keeps on surprising us with its -

- fuck this I can't even bring myself to bait. Marvel comics has completely lost it over realizing it's just an IP farm now and the actual characters are in the movies now and taken care of there in the public eye and not it. So now it's in death throes throwing out "shocking" shit in an effort for attention. Christ.

>The last three major events have had extra issues

Where is Clint? Shouldn't he be there?

probably dead

What's the point anymore?

meh. it's just going to suck no matter how many issues

When do we get the delays to push this well into the next event?

No.. Not again... Sigh.
Please, not again.
Or if you kill him, give him some nice dead and bring him back with interesting baggage, damn.

Maybe Wanda will gets power boost and poof everything back?

I wonder, if delays get bad, will Legacy come out before the end of SE?

I can already imagine the smug Twitter posts saying "well we didn't lie about the ending not being a COSMIC CUBE reality rewrite"

Fucking Marvel.

Based Cap.
First he kills Vegas, then he goes full Hydra End Boss.

At this point I'm expecting him to have a sabre on hand.
And a cape. That is the US Flag. And he steals Redwing because of shits and giggles.

Go back to tumblr, nutter boy.

Excuse me havebto laugh at people who thought cap was really evil.

Why do they keep saying this?

>please keep buying this

Shame John Cygan died only a few days ago.

Which is weird since apparently Spencer is staying on Captain America (somehow?)?

Not the costume it isn't or the "Civil Warrior" schtick.

I'd say "Never Change, Marvel" but I do really want them to changed quite a bit.

Well, Sam isn't in the picture, is he?

Is it an epilogue?

Wait, what?!
No!
He was the best one!

Good cap will beat him up.

What cover is more overused, "Heroes lie unconscious at triumphant villain's feet" or "Two groups charge at each other from opposite sides?"

Your whines are overused. Stay mad lil bitch.

Your comeback has left me and other whiners unconscious at your feet.

your name is overused

>Oh, and let me say again: we’re not going to use the Cosmic Cube to simply reverse everything away

He's not lying. He just pulled in a clean version of Steve Rogers from another universe to replace Captain Hydra.

Do you mean just from Marvel or both companies? If just Marvel, it's probably two groups charging.