The Odyssey of the Amazons #5

And now it's time for the comic nobody is reading!

If you aren't caught up on this, which you most likely aren't, I will post the rest of it after this issue.

Thanks user. This any good? I honestly don't mind the art

I'm actually not even caught up with it myself, but I really disliked the first issue, and I eventually read the second and thought it was a little better.

The coloring reminds me of Meredith and David Finch's run on Wonder Woman, it's well done technically and makes the art look better than it is but it's very brown and boring.

Oh hey, Tex. Did you turn around on this? I thought you weren't much of a fan.

Really, I'm posting it because I know no one else will remember to.

Well, for discussion, how do you think it could've been better?

Well I'm gonna be reading the rest of it after I post this issue, so hopefully it gets better.

But my biggest problem so far is that I don't really get what the point of this is. The characters aren't recognizable Amazons, the action isn't interesting at all, it doesn't really have anything to do with Wonder Woman or the Amazons.

It feels like everything I DON'T want Wonder Woman to be: overly focused on mythology and sword/sorcery, modern GRRL POWER where "badass" women effortlessly defeat hordes of faceless enemies, etc

But I'm open to have my mind changed by reading the series from the start again.

OK, I'm gonna post The Wild Storm in another thread and then be back

That note is pure cancer on every conceivable level.

>Patty Jenkins acted out essentially the entire film for me over the course of two hours
Bless her heart.

>tfw you missed 2 issues of this and just can't be arsed to care

Prepare thineself

This text reads like someone who's never read a word of the Greek epics.

Tell me this doesn't look like a trailer for a movie you don't want to see.

I'm gonna avoid speaking on how I think the Amazons should be characterized and just let this speak for itself.

Ophelia is the one character I like here.

They've at least read the first paragraph of the Iliad ;^)

>swarthy, sun-kissed warriors of O'Kunga
Wow

You can tell the writer was quite proud of that line.

Honestly, if anyone was actually reading this that's a thousand clickbait anti-DC articles right there.

This is a pretty common thing in things with bad Wonder Woman/Amazon characterization: someone acknowledges that they're normally much more peaceful, as if this somehow absolves the violence.

This feels less like it was written and more like they pulled up something from the appropriate genre and clipped it onto the page. Nothing feels new, here? Or interesting?

>Amazon beachbabes being ogled by pervert eagles

That looks extremely painful.

>Giants do what giants do
... Which is what? Be gigantic? Smell the blood of Englismen?

There's a They Might Be Giants reference to be made there.

Also this looks like a Dragon Quest party.

>Kevin Grevioux is best known for his role as Raze in the Underworld film series, which he co-created.
Well, that explains a bit.

IM reading it and I kinda like it.

Apparently he created Blue Marvel as well.

More power to you!

Bump