Tfw entire theater started clapping when the racist cop got fired

>tfw entire theater started clapping when the racist cop got fired

That's when I walked out.

#MAGA

What's this? i need more Sam Rockwell in my life

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Three Billboards

that didn't happen but someone went mmmhmmm when Lester Freamon showed his badge.

Was he gay?

you are confusing him with the other son of this lady

This is the only thing I hate about living in America, the fucking clapping. If any of you euroanons think that theater clap is just another meme to make American's butthurt like le 56% face it shart in mart it's not, it's fucking true. You can't go to one movie without at least a few people clapping at key moments throughout the movie. The last star wars movie I saw was Rogue one and manchildren clapped during basically the entire movie. Anytime there was a quip, reference, or recycled sound effect from the OT they clapped and cheered like a bunch of frenzied chimps. God fucking damn, at the end when Darth Vader showed up I couldn't even hear myself think, the entire audience devolved into howling and grunting noises like our prehistoric ancestors, popcorn was flying and between the deep howls, ear piercing shrieks, and thunderous clapping different iterations of "DATS DART VADURR!!!!" resonated throughout the room. Fuck this godforsaken country.

And that's the bad thing?

I really taught it was a meme as well. Fucking americans clapped at Rogue One when Vader appeared. Fucking americans

That's so sad. I live in Poland and every big movie like Star Wars or Blade Runner I watch in Imax beacue it costs a little more than usual theaters so the only people going there are people who actually care. And small, indie dramas etc I watch in small "auteur" cinemas where no food is allowed so you have only civilised people. So ultimately there is no clapping, cheering or shouting aso watching a movie becames very intimate experience but on the bigger screen and with people around you and that's it. I can't imgaine watching movies under circumstances you described. I would prefer watcing movies at home then.

Imax is usually the way to go here too. Luckily Blade Runner 2049 didn't have any clapping or cheering so that was nice, it's the only movie I saw this year that I can honestly say gave me my money's worth. But yeah Americans go full retard in theaters. Another stereotype that's true is that if you find an empty theater, 9 times out of 10 the next person that comes in will either sit next to you or in front of you.

Why was the chief's wife Australian?

Show some respect to your superiors

I've seen a ton of films at the cinema this year, and the only time anyone in the audience clapped was one idiot in Dunkirk when the civilian fleet showed up. Nobody joined him and he stopped immediately.

I usually see movies in their 2nd or 3rd week of release for the smaller crowds, though.

Audience clap shows a sign of approval. If you don't like annoying audience applauding, then go watch the movie at midnight alone with the ghosts or wait for the DVD/Blu Ray/online release so you can watch it at home

Makes me have sympathy for James Holmes

clapping in theatre is generally fucking disgusting so yeah

All the approval the movie needs is ticket sales. If you clap and cheer throughout a movie do everyone else a favor and torrent it or wait for the Blu Ray, but please let us civilised folk enjoy our night out without you apes ruining it, thanks.

>implying anyone was actually in the same screen and it wasn't just residual clapping from Jumanji echoing through the walls.

I unironically want Jumanji to make more money than TLJ #litty

at least he was actually a sympathetic character by the end, even though he was a total douche for the rest of it

at first i was worried it was going to be literally DUDE RACIST COPS SUCK LMAO but luckily every character was a dick and sympathetic at the same time. it was the only aspect of the movie that i enjoyed