Holy shit this was good

Holy shit this was good
Are there any more comfy prohibition era/jewish neighbourhood films like this?

Nope

Childhood Era > Adult Era

Fite me

Honestly no, it probably has to do with how much this movie was shit on during its initial release. This is it my boy, sorry.

It just doesn't get any better than this.
Also, Elizabeth McGovern is my cheekfu.

Peak Schlomokino
nothing compares

No, this film was so good nobody else tried to make any more.

>ywn live in a jewish community in the 20s, giving cupcakes to a fatty for sex

Millers Crossing
A Serious Man

An American Tail

Probably the closest you will get and it's about an animated Jewish rat.

I can't think of any comfier neighborhoods. It was literally rose tinted.

Which cut did you see? Theatrical? Director's Cut? Extended Director's Cut? The unreleased Full Cut?

How come when people talk about gangster movies then it's all about the Godfather, Scarface and Goodfellas. Why does this movie get overlooked?

I still haven't seen the newest 251 minute blu-ray version.

It's a pure kino piece. It doesn't have the mass a appeal of a fast-paced scorsese movie or an action film like Scarface.
And even godfather was always acclaimed, whereas OUATIA was panned on release.

Not sure. It lasted 3h49 not counting the interval. Later I found that there is apparently an extended cut which I plan to watch now that the timeline wont confuse me

But it's made by the guy who did the dollars trilogy, it started Robert De Niro, Elizabeth McGovern and James Woods. How could it not have mass appeal?

I saw it when I was 12 and it became my favorite of all times. For a while I thought it was the genre and watched every gangster film I could find, but none could replicate what I loved about it. What you really want is actually more Italian kino. Watch The Leopard and 1900 instead of wasting your time with American trash like Godfather or Goodfellas.

unironically, pure shit. only watched it for the connelly scenes

>Godfather or Goodfellas
But these are made by Italian Americans, even OUATIA was made with the help of American studios.

Critics decide one thing and never change opinions, and it affects how long theaters play a movie. Also, how many critics would even have their voices heard?