How many absolute editions do you own? Be honest

How many absolute editions do you own? Be honest.

I have Watchmen, All Star Superman, and Ronin.

How the fuck is Kingdom Come that thick? I have a lesser hard cover version with all the concept art and is not thicker than a supermarket book

Watchmen, Ronin, Top 10, all of Promethea, Hush (it was on sale), Batman Incorporated and Sandman volumes 1 and 2.

I could've picked up V for Vendetta for £20 a couple of years ago but didn't and now it's one of my big comic regrets like when I passed on a recently OOP Colossal Conan for £50.

for a while Absolute editions were the only thing available here in Spain (no slipcases though) so I have a bunch:

> Watchmen
> V for Vendetta
and a whole lot of batman:
> Batman: Year One
> Batman: DKR and DKR2
> The Killing Joke
> Arkham Asylum (includes the whole script which is actually longer than the comic itself)

actually I dunno if these correspond exactly to American Absolutes but they're oversized, hardcover, and usually have a bunch of extra material. I also have All Star Superman and The Long Halloween as hardcovers but those arent oversized and dont have many extras besides some interviews and sketches

Probably paired up with the sequel.

Batman and Robin, Ronin, and Batman Year One

Oh

Which one has the best special features? I'd be bummed if I got one that was barebones.

None. I appreciate the format but if I'm gonna lay down that much money for a singular volume I'd sooner spend it on an Artist's Edition

If omnibuses count I've got the House of Secrets one, pretty gorgeous

Dark Knight Returns has a lot of good extras (even though the downside is that it doesn't have everything that was included with the 10th anniversary hardcover). Watchmen is okay but I don't know if the new smaller hardcover releases include the extras or not.

The TDKR absolute doesn't soud very absolute to me.

I have New Frontier, Sandman vol 1, Sinestro Corps War, Blackest Night and GL Rebirth

I've got All-Star Superman, New Frontier, Batman and Robin, Sandman 1-5, Death and Batman Inc. Expecting Final Crisis in the mail in a week or so. I also had Long Halloween but Sale's art wasn't enough for me to hold onto that one, I sold it years ago.

Really wish Marvel had an equivalent line for their books. Omnibuses are fine and all for complete runs but sometimes you want a coffee table book that weighs as much as a coffee table.

I own the complete sandman omnibus
Just started collecting recently though

Only thing close i have is the Fear Agent Library editions... and theyre unwieldy as fuck, really annoying to read despite the content being really great.

What is the point of these things exactly?

Bigger editions to appreciate the art

Then its trash

If only Waid got Ross to work on it, it could have been good like KC

Does the doom patrol omnibus count?

Cuz I have that thing and it weighs 10 fucking pounds.

I only have Sandman Vol. 1.

Omnibuses for both Marvel and DC are usually about collecting complete runs of a title in a slightly higher quality than usual trade paperbacks. Better paper, sometimes slightly bigger art. They're usually like Morrison's New X-Men was a thousand pages of badly bound comics with a single slim hardback cover to keep them together. Absolute editions are higher quality paper, bigger size, come with a hardback slipcase and more extras usually. Both are equally capable of stunning a burglar when used as a cudgel, Absolute Editions are just more likely to hold together in one piece after you've bludgeoned him to death with the first twenty issues of Sandman.

How is it? I heard the binding was glued instead of sewn and decided to pass on it.

ASS
Final Crisis
Infinite Crisis
Sinestro Corps War
Wonder Woman

A couple of them I only got because I got really good deals. All the ones I want are OOP, so I just get new ones that come out that I'm interested in.

>final crisis
>batman & robin reborn
>batman inc
I really want authority but I can't bring myself to buy it

The only one I have is All Star Batman and Robin, and I only got it because it was discounted down to $50. Absolute Batman Year One looks nice, but I'm conflicted about getting it just for the original coloring.

The new printing they did for Morrison's New X-Men is really solid. About 5 years ago they improved the binding and made the pages a little thinner.

And Marvel's Adamantium/Vibranium/Platinum/King-Sized format is so stupid large I love it.

Long Halloween
Identity Crisis

I saw Absolute Ronin for cheap and wanted to buy it, but people seem to be mixed on it. Is it worth reading? The premise is super interesting to me