Yfw Max Landis is right about the current state of Harley Quinn

>yfw Max Landis is right about the current state of Harley Quinn

twitter.com/uptomyknees/status/864666847425077249

muh Harley

Even broken clocks are still right twice a day

He's right a lot but we're supposed to hate him because of that death of superman video and because Sup Forums told us to.

I don't want to agree with him but then he says this.

Vroom vroom
Always stick it in crazy

He's okay and i prefer him as a comics guy over a movie guy 100% of the time even if i'm not his biggest fan

Of course he doesn't he hates anything having to do with the Joker

There aren't many villains that have become any type of hero I really really like, at most, it's a meh or I don't mind. But usually it seems like a waste of time or kind of an insult.

His opinion on anything having to do with Batman related characters is worth dogshit
Harley Quinn is actually an anti hero and that isn't some modern convention

>he hates anything having to do with the Joker
wtf I love Landis now?

MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX

Welcome to the hourly Max Landis everybody! Check the official Max Landis Youtube channel, check the official Max Landis Twitter and remember to check out Green Valley at your local comics shop! Also be sure to watch Me Him Her, now in Netflix!

Do your part to save original ideas in Hollywood!

MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX

>Imagine if Joker was a real person

I imagine a mob of angry cops emptying their clips in the head of that mother fucker

Yes clearly the hot girl in a sea of hot girls became popular with little girls because she's hot Max

>Harley Quinn is actually an anti hero and that isn't some modern convention
>Harley Quinn
>anti hero
Kill yourself.

Landis talks a lot of shit, but the stuff he makes are really cookie-cutter inoffensive nor ground-breaking
He's kind of like Spencer without the shit list of books yet

In what context is she any kind of anti-"hero"?

Just because SOME of the people she kills are scumbags to her or people she knows does not dismiss the countless innocents she's killed or maimed for fun.

Too bad DC isn't ever going to let that happen, why would they let a mediocre writer ruin their second biggest cash cow?

Worth more than yours in any case, you fucking deranged waifufag.

I'm sorry is he talking up Poison Ivy(mass murdering eco terrorist) and Catwoman(violent kleptomaniac) but on the same note denigrating harley for mirroring the Joker?

>why would they let a mediocre writer ruin their second biggest cash cow?
I hope you're not implying that Harley is a well written character.

>kills people and causes horrific incidents all in the hopes of getting the Joker to love her
>anti-hero

This triggers BTAS fans to death

Ironic shitposting is just shitposting

I'm pretty sure every villain in gotham is a domestic terrorist max
no need to whitewash ivy and selina because you don't understand what's popular with kids anymore

why not, it's what they're doing now

>DC is fucking retarded and make stupidass decisions
and water is wet

>This triggers BTAS fans to death
No, it doesn't.

Being a cash cow doesn't make you well written.

>whitewash ivy and selina
That's... not what that word means.

Problem is, DC had already gone that route with the rebranded Joker's Daughter. It didn't work, too much edgy shit.

IMHO, Harley should stick to her DCAU origins as an airhead fangirl, who nevertheless was an accomplice of Joker's quite heinous deeds. Not exactly a "scary" kind of character, but not a good person either.

Also, I think Morrison tried to do what Landis discusses too, with Batman ranting about how Harley is the worst because she CHOOSES to be a maniac, without having an actual mental illness excuse or need to participate in organized crime.

Of of the best pieces of Injustice. Harleys redemption arc.

Don't bother guys, this very same idiot tried (and failed) to argue against the notion Harley is a genocidal monster in the Injusticeverse. He's literally insane.

It really is fucking retarded to make her a good guy, they want her to be DC's Deadpool so damn bad but Deadpool has never blown up kids for a joke.

It was even retarded in the Suicide Squad movie when she's meant to be bonding with the more morally ambiguous teammates by telling Diablo he should be proud he killed his fucking family, what the fuck, how's she meant to be any kind of hero or likable to any other character?

it was before people started noticing white people being cast as minorities

I'm actually triggered by how wrong he is
I mean aside from the fact that he is trying to put poison ivy and catwoman above the likes of joker he's also trying to talk down Harley's own burgeoning independence because "duh she fell in love with the Joker, she is evulz"

That's fair, but I'd argue you're using an archaic meaning of a word. Language evolves, and unless you use the more new, and accepted versions of words, you're just going to confuse people, and muddy your own point.

so he wants Harley to be joker 2.0 or let my weeb show enoshima junko?

What's landis' opinion on WW
he seems to have fits of serious misogyny from time to time in his work

Harley's first ongoing had the best of both worlds. Harley was shown to have a legitimately insane, doesn't understand the consequences of her actions outlook. Instead she viewed the world as a big cartoon.

So you'd get a panel in DCAU style Harley vision where she hits someone with a big mallet and there's stars around their head but then you'd cut to reality and that person would be bleeding from a skull fracture.
That was actually really clever and even kind of sympathetic because you got the clear picture that something was fundamentally wrong with Harley's brain. So naturally DC doesn't do that anymore

I recognized him, it's that one deranged Harleyfag sperging in every thread about how she dindu nuffin.

So he wants to write Harley like Catwoman is now and like Poison Ivy is written most of the time while turning the other two into "Anti-heroes".

Has he never heard of Gotham City Sirens?

To be fair the original DCAU Harley Quinn was more of a victim of the Joker than a villain or an anti-hero, when she was introduced to the mainstream DC comics they turned her into the psycopathic juggalo girlfriend of the Joker and her rising insane popularity the last couple of years or so popularity into DC's answer to Deadpool

it's not that archaic, and still perfectly acceptable to use in that context, especially since the context of its use makes it perfectly clear which meaning you're using

money makes everything better look at batman

Can we please just get DCAUHarley's characterization back?

You are the only one who started to complain that "it's not what that word means", when everybody perfectly understands the original meaning.

Agree to disagree, I suppose.

So she'd be Pyro?

I don't agree, you're just wrong

he ain't saying he want to write those other like that, but nice try, keep reading stuff, one day you might comprehend.

>characters aren't allowed to change/progress/evolve because I say so.

If it were up to people like him; Agent Venom, Superman luthor would never happen. Theres more than one way to view a character.

In Injustice 2, the Joker says "she [Harley] gives as much as she gets". She's no poor abused victim in that universe either.

>duh she fell in love with the Joker, she is evulz"

"Just because she fell in love with the Joker and kills for him it doesn't make her evil"

>Unironically agree with him
....Fuuuuuu

>That was actually really clever and even kind of sympathetic because you got the clear picture that something was fundamentally wrong with Harley's brain. So naturally DC doesn't do that anymore

They kinda do that with the current Harley comic, where half of it is the modern hero story and half is Dini's DCAU-style story, though now it's done mostly for the shipping stuff.

That'd be misogynistic.

Gais remember when HQ killed thousands of people and kids via DS bombs? To impress Joker so edgy.

Most basic idea behind Harley Quinn goes to Max

>So he wants to write Harley like Catwoman is now
That was a ruse, Catwoman dindu nuffin, she took the blame for terrorism to protect her friend or something like that.

He thinks she should be the most fucked up one and violent of the Trinity, pretty much Miller's Wondy. He also imagines Superman taking her down by literally stealing the air from her lungs by kissing her. Seriously.

Didn't they write that story off as non canon afterwards?

No I mean she's an anti hero because inside her mind she's doing good but outside observers notice all the crazy fucked up stuff she does in her looney tunes mind

> Agrees with opinion
> Max Landis
>MFW

I hate how Max Landis thinks his ideas are the shit. His Superman story made me physically ill.

Yes.

You can't think that all you want, bucko

That's fucking retarded. Maybe one or two Batman villains have a mental illness that would compel them to criminal behavior and no one has a need to participate in organized crime.

She didn't tell him to be proud he killed his family, she told him to quit whining about it.

Catwoman I can see, but Poison Ivy has "kill all humans" on her to-do list, on top of being a general psychopath and rapist.

He's right and he's also wrong.
Harley shouldn't be an anti-hero or idolized by anyone, but then, she shouldn't be scary or an extremely competent villain either.
The best approach you can have for Harley is what was intended for her from her inception: cute goofy inconsquential sidekick for the evil mastermind.

>In Injustice 2, the Joker says "she [Harley] gives as much as she gets". She's no poor abused victim in that universe either.
No he the fuck does not. He doesn't even show up in the story mode.
Also, are we really trusting the Joker to tell the full truth?

>when she was introduced to the mainstream DC comics they turned her into the psycopathic juggalo girlfriend of the Joker

What the fuck?

>Harley should stick to her DCAU origins

Fucking this. Mad Love was basically the perfect origin story for Harley Quinn, stupid girl falls in love with psycho, said girl gets obsessed with him turning evil, and ends up paying the price. Don't fix what isn't broken.

The Joker isn't a terrorist. A terrorist commits indiscriminate violence, to create fear, in the pursuit of a religious, ideological or political aim.

The Joker has no real aim.

injustice Superman is pretty evil
Yet you still see people acting like Harley is literally worse than him because while he is doing what's right in his mind

Harley is only being good because she hates that he killed the Joker and not actually changing

Batman would bring him in

A cop would walk up to a cuffed Joker and empty his entire magazine into him

Batman would get pissed but every single cop in the area, every single fucking one would just so happen to have been looking somewhere else

That cop would get the longest paid administrative leave in department history

Also that's an abusers automatic excuse.

Harley was always a "quirky" character, never a serious one. For her to be treated as the horrific Joker-emulator instead of the bimbo slut who gets lucky would be a bigger break of character than anything.

What he describes is Nu52 Joker's Daughter.

>He doesn't even show up in the story mode.
He does.

>Also, are we really trusting the Joker to tell the full truth?
Well, it was all inside Harley's mind, so why would she lie to herself?

>DC haters will agree with Max Landis because he attacks DC
How long before Landis is hired by Marvel? He'd fit in perfectly.

"The Joker" shows up as a byproduct of fear toxin. Nothing he said or does can be trusted, since it was intentionally said to fuck with Harley's head

Max should just accept it
Harley Quinn is popular because she is funny and irreverent in the way Catwoman used to be but also non gimmicky in the way Poison Ivy can't be because muh plants.

Basically she combines the aspects of a male shonen protagonist but also happens to be hot which generates waifu praise but also attracts women of all ages

She just needs to disappear forever.

Okay, Bruce Wayne gets over the death of his parents and stops being batman.

After Spencer, Marvel won't hire anybody with an ink of SEXIST reputation.

I like "trying to be a good guy" Harley.

Agreed. Though I'd argue Kara becoming another Bat protege was nice too.

Injustice Harley is the most offensive example of anti-hero Harley.

>willfully helped the Joker kidnap Lois Lane, shoot Jimmy Olsen point blank in the face, and hook up Lois' heartbeat to a nuke in metropolis
>embraced her lover went up in flames and millions of lives were ended
>murder a few cops in cold blood after Superman justifiably executed the Joker
>Batman gladly makes her his sidekick his husbando is dead and she said she's sorry
>immediately hopped back on the Joker's cock when he showed up again nullifying her "redemption"

>BTAS
You know, I didn't grow up with this series, but all this hate on HQ makes me glad I never did.

...That's exactly what he contemplates in the current arc after his alternate timeline father asked him to leave the Bat behind.

The Joker has two aim, to get attention and have his rivalry with Batman to be the stuff of legends that will live for the ages.

>there are people in this very board who will defend ALL DC stuff, even the shit actual DC fans despise

But Marvel will hire anyone who hates DC.

Spencer is still on Captain America after Secret Empire

Max Landis, despite having incredibly thin skin of his own work, is usually right.

If Joker plants a bomb on the street and it blows up he's a terrorist user
half his shit is poisoning gotham with laughing gas.

How is he not a terrorist

>actual DC fans like what I like

Hi Landis.

He has good ideas. Too bad he can't write.

You can't be a good guy after you nuke a whole city, no matter how hard you try.

Rebirth was a mistake.

There was also the implication that "Harleyvision" wasn't a result of mental illness, but rather repressing things she didn't want to see.

That being said, the second part of her original solo series is massively underrated.

More like:
>Joker gets located rather quickly because he's a guy with chalk white skin and green hair who can't help but stand out
>gunned down by police as they attempt to arrest him

See? Bitter old men missing the 90s.

I didn't say he contemplates it for a panel, I said he does it. And it becomes batman zeitgeist for the reboot of the time. For a decade, at least.
Bruce Wayne is a guy who got over the death of his parents and stopped being batman after trying it half-heartedly for a month.