FORBES: CAN WE PLEASE STOP PRETENDING STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI WAS A BOX OFFICE BOMB?

>Phone pings
>See this in updates

Based Mendelson

Does anyone remember the last time damage control has been this rampant, for a fucking movie? What the fuck is going on here? Not a good look.

reminds me of Ghostbusters

There's all this damage control, but the fact of the matter is this film is preforming worse than The Force Awakens and worse than Rogue One. Keep in mind sequels ALWAYS do better. Grown Ups 2 did better than the fist one. Hot Tub Time Machine 2 did better than the first one. But this film just can't do better than the last one, and that's pretty fucking worrying when you consider how easy it is for sequels to make more money.

Even normies are commenting on the damage control. This is pretty embarrassing

>mfw Jumanji is about to btfo SW8

The original was better.
And the new one is most definitely not litty.
Surprisingly watchable, but not litty.

>see headline
>this gotta be from scott
>it is

Feels LITTY.

It's not a bomb. It's just massively underperforming. Won't make more than Rogue One, a fucking side story.

How can we kill Scott Mendelson?

Can I still call it a piece of shit?

Article titles are more and more insufferable and slightly desperate with every new update.

I wonder how much it costs them to bribe all of these people? It must be dirt cheap.

guys there is no shilling, mark confirmed

>It's just massively underperforming
oh wow, we have a disney insider here

They'll bring up that AotC and ESB made less, neverminding that they're different generations and different markets.

Clearly forced by the mouse to say this. Poor Mark

>disingenuous posts are the only ones not made by shills or employees
What he said isn't deniable. It's spin-able, but it cannot be denied.

I dunno guy, it seems to be pretty litty.

It isn't a bomb though. It broke even already

It should have done a lot more
No one pours 1 billion expecting it to break even and being happy with it
Last night another user posted some math saying it should've been at least 1.6B by now
Expect some sharp changes for the next movies of this IP

That is the face of a broken man

>translation: I fucking hate this movie and what it did to Luke but my contract obligates me to shill for it or else Disney will fuck me in the ass without a condom

Why do modern """""journalists""""" always write retarded gay headlines like that?

Yeah, I mean, even if they are right, why do they care if some people think Star Wars is a bomb? Why do media outlets have to keep making articles to refute that?

>pours 1 billion
how the hell did this pile of shit cost 1 billion?

>a fucking moving picture needs to make gorillion dollars or else its fucked
I bet you faggots would still come up with stupidest shit to call it a bomb even if it hit 2bn

No, it just needs to meet expectations. It's no more or less of a flop than BvS was. We saw what the studio did to the next film. Whether you liked BvS or not the next film was completely different and largely made by committee at an executive level. Being that Star Wars is LITERALLY already made by committee I wouldn't expect that to change.

I genuinely think they >do it for free, because it pushes a message they like.

>PLEASE
>p-please?

kek. poor pathetic globalists

Do what the Mouse says or he's going to hurt you.

>Does anyone remember the last time damage control has been this rampant, for a fucking movie?

Ghostbusters was a lot of DC, but yeah this is the biggest campaign in history trying to blame every single group imaginable for the blacklash as long as they never have to admit it's because they made a terrible film.

you can literally hear him cry, user

>The original was better.

>The sequel to said Robin Williams 1995 fantasy has already earned $170m domestic with a likely 13-day gross of $186.3m. The inflation-adjusted domestic gross for Jumanji is about $204.2m, so Jumanji 2 will have sold more tickets than Jumanji in a few days from now.

GET LITTY

you know disney makes money on those oranges with bb8 on them right?

all that shit has already made them tons of cash

>phone
>clickbait article

>listing two PoC actors before Daisy Ridley who is the heroine

>Disney has never paid me to say anything, or complained about what I said. By the way, this qualifier has nothing to do with Disney either!

>LITTY
You faggots are Rick&Morty fans too aren't you?

Because they were too busy slurping commie jizz out of their instructors to learn how to be actual journalists.

this picture still makes the point that the fappening was the influx. Until I see that updated to show that the election heights are still being hit numbers wise I don't believe that was as impactful.

All those nude famous chicks signaled the end of ironic shitposting and the beginning of wave of plebs taking shitposts so seriously they adopt the opinions as their own.

>below avengers and jurassic park

It has no legs

I love how Forbes has two dudes both writing on TLJ with completely opposite agendas. I imagine them writing is a forme of passive-aggressive communication

Or they're just doing the good heeb thing and hedging their bets.

Someone get this OUT OF TOUCH CRITIC out of here

I've never seen anything like it

They had to CGI away a lot of bullshit.

I want to see the video where he blinks the word "torture" in Morse code.

Why do shills always think "breaking even" is enough for a movie to be sucessful?

Yeah and that's all the business it's going to do, most money now goes to the theatres.

The answer lies within the question.

Forbes should be put on trial for war crimes. What other magazine has put so much effort into appearing as a high quality source for news yet is nothing more than a blogger site with random asshole contributers. The damage Forbes has done to society is enormous.

bottom line, it made enough money to make the next one.
as long as it features more white people killing even more white people then i'll be happy.

The damage control for this movie has been hilarious. Can't wait until Solo for round two.

Relax, you'll be getting boring old JJ next time around. Don't worry. Star Wars will have 0 innovation.

But TLJ had no innovation. Nothing fucking happened except a bunch of rebels dying, they were just spinning wheels the whole movie. Nobody accomplished anything, there was nothing answered, nothing set up for the next movie. It's possibly the most anti-climactic movie of all time. I kinda feel bad for JJ. The 2nd movie in a trilogy always sets the tone for the 3rd. But Rian absolutely failed to set up or hype anything.

>still pushing the TLJ was """innovation,""" and """challenging,""" meme.
The only thing innovative about TLJ is how quickly it sank a venerated franchise and the only thing challenging is coming up with a coherent recreation of the utterly shit-encrusted writing process this piece of garbage must have went through.

Progressives aren't innovative. They aren't creative. They aren't clever. They merely possess the arrogance to think they are while they scrabble between the extremes of complete aping mimicry or blind iconoclastic deconstruction. Nobody involved with this shit knows how to do any of this beyond copy or delete.

>It should be at least $1.6 billion by now
Not even TFA made that much in this amount of time. Early predictions had this making less, at about $1.9 billion

Is this article written for Sup Forums? They're the only ones pretending this is a bomb

Don't forget to add 'DC fanboys' to that list

>Mendelson

He can't keep getting away with it

It's like Mendelson sits on Sup Forums all day hitting f5 until he comes up with a new article cut and pasted from the replies.

Where does this jackass get his info? Who is pretending it is a bomb? His drinking buddies?

>It's like Mendelson sits on Sup Forums all day hitting f5 until he comes up with a new article cut and pasted from the replies.

I really think he does!

Why the Alt-Right Helped Make Star Wars: The Last Jedi Under-Performed -- And Why This Is a Good Thing

neck-to-neck with Jumanji...

...too much Star Wars product on the market.
They need to stay quiet for a decade, but they won't, they will saturate and saturate until no one ever wants to see Star Wars or cape drama again.
mfw Disney will make their money but your children will end up thinking of Star Wars the way you think of disco or tamagotchis.

lol
your arrogance is adorable (if you're under 16)

>Sup Forums is the only one pretending it's a bomb
Nobody ever said it was a bomb, just that it's a garbage movie and it's going to make a lot less than its predecessor because of that. And that's not a Sup Forums opinion either. You can find that shit all over every other site.

What arrogance? He's making fun of leftwing cocksucker """journalists""" and their headlines.

Disney wanted 1.7-2 billion it barely broke 1

hhahhahaahhah what's with this guy and the "please meme".

>can you please not watch bright
>can we please help support the last jedi

She has a terrifying smile

>that strawman

No one (or hardly anyone) is claiming it's a bomb. "Bomb" means a movie that falls FAR short of breaking even (not even every film that loses money is properly a "bomb"). There was no way that was ever going to happen. What people are saying is that it is a bad movie, and that it probably isn't going to make as much money as Disney hoped it would.

Many objectively bad movies make a shitload of money (just look at Michael Bay's entire body of work), and film critics and journalists know this, so it's fundamentally dishonest to equate financial success with quality.

>It isn't a bomb
>It broke even
lel

It broke even at $800 million. Production budget was less than TFA

He browses Sup Forums doesn't he?

Every one of his pieces reads like a shitpost.

That's all articles on 'news' websites are anymore

>Production budget was less than TFA
source?

"hurr stuff I wanted to happen didn't. Therefore it sucks"

Cat's out of the bag, we know why you didn't like this movie and it's because you wanted something mindblowing revelation about Snoke that can fill a wiki page. Don't try to convince me otherwise.

I got what I wanted from this film and more.

To be fair, it's all most of them ever were.

"journalists" are all activists that base their articles on Sup Forums shitposts, it's true.

There's literally an article up on forbes today by the same writer BEGGING people not to watch Bright.

wtf is going on.

Objectively speaking nothing happened in this movie. It was empty plot wise, like a filler episode of a TV series. How low are you standards for you to feel satisfied with it?

um welcome to gamergate sweetie, see you in the meme trenches.

>I got what I wanted from this film and more.
What, fancy explosions and pew pew fights? Face it, TLJ had NOTHING. No moral, no message, no plot, no character development, nothing. It's the cinematic equivalent of refined sugar. Even the fucking Marvel movies have SOMETHING to say, even if it's simple like the power of friendship or hope or whatever. TLJ had nothing at all to say except "Fuck you, give me money." It's without a doubt the worst movie of the year.

It had "I subvert all nerd expectations" to say

Breaking even on its third week is a fucking catastrophe for the long-term viability of Star Wars.

*spits out Doritos over fat belly*

*Simpsons comic book guy voice*
"but how will I ever find out which quadrant of the galaxy Snoke was from and his genealogy!!!1"

Really, I wanted all that? Do you normally practice your stupid fucking arguments in the mirror to pigeonhole them at everyone you encounter or are you just genuinely that fucking retarded? But hey, you're defending this piece of shit like the scum-slurping queef nugget you are so that seems to be about your speed.

>I got what I wanted from this film and more.
A lifetime's supply of mouse jizz? Go on Mr. TransniggerStarkin, describe some of this amazing innovation and challenging storytelling for us. Make sure you keep up that lovely faggoty spacing you have going on too.

Another writer for the Star Wars wikipedia. Go play KotOR and shut the fuck up.

You can try and hide behind the whole "Snoke this and that" sort of bullshit about the plot threads from TFA and shit, but the fact of the matter is that TLJ is a bad movie on its own even without its connections to the rest of the series.

There's set ups with no pay offs and characters have zero character growth.

>action asterisks
Holy shit you need to take your faggot ass back to the shit pile you and your cancer materialized out of.

MAH HIVEMIND

Go suck JJ's nuts.

You're reaching. Every single plot amounted to nothing. I don't care about reveals or plot twists, is asking for proper storytelling too much? At the end of the movie nothing changes in comparison with the beginning of it, the stakes are the same, the characters' alignment and motivations are the same. Some secondary characters for and that's all, a bit to little for an almost three hour long film.

Explain how you're not a pleb.