Jodie Foster slams superhero movies as cinematic equivalent of fracking

>The 55-year-old has claimed Comic book movies are ruining cinema.

>In an interview with Radio Times Magazine, the actor and director slammed the likes of Marvel and DC production as the cinematic equivalent of fracking.

>'Going to the movies has become like a theme park,' she said.

>'Studios making bad content in order to appeal to the masses and shareholders is like fracking — you get the best return right now but you wreck the earth.'

>She continued: 'It’s ruining the viewing habits of the American population and then ultimately the rest of the world.

Is she right?

She manipulated a mentally ill man into trying to assassinate Reagan. She should be in prison

No one's going to the theater anymore, period. Just let it die. Premier your movies via some online streaming service. Do it live simulcast. Then we'll pay to attend. Red carpets and wrap parties are for the production crew. The viewers just want to watch the movie.

Let's face it. The only people who don't like super hero films are uppity self righteous joyless twats. These people are always miserable and angry. They always have an opinion about something they hate. In fact all they talk about is stuff they hate. They live such miserable worthless lives. Their opinions should automatically be ignored.

Who?

You just described Sup Forums and Sup Forums loves capeshit.

Fuck you

>Elysium

Delete this.

I think you struck a nerve

>a mentally ill man into trying to assassinate Reagan. She should be in prison

Goddamn this is so right it hurts

Based former cunny turned milf lesbian

>superhero movies as cinematic equivalent of fracking
Absolutely BASED

Why are there so many pedos on this board?

Delete this

>tfw prime Kelly Mcgillis and Prime Jodie Foster totally fucked while filming The Accused

I think she's right, and I think it has diminished cinema as an art form, but at the same time I'm really looking forward to Infinity War...

>'Going to the movies has become like a theme park,' she said.
>'Studios making bad content in order to appeal to the masses and shareholders is like fracking — you get the best return right now but you wreck the earth.'
She is 100% correct.
Capeshit tent-pole movies with a bloated budget are killing cinema. I can rarely find a small or medium budget film in my town's cinema because of that. They killed YA book adaptions, for God's sake!
I keep saying this. It's like burning a whole forest to sell coal, eventually, you'll have nothing left.

>old dyke thinks people respect her soapbox bullshit

>if you don’t like something i like and furthermore vocalize your reasons for disliking it you’re a miserable loser
wow...

I keep getting her and Helen Hunt mixed up.

>fracking
Fucking libshit cunt doesn't know how fracking works

Christ what a terrible analogy.

BASED lesbo milf supports /ourguy/ Mel and the death of capeshit.

You in no way debunked his argument

>and then ultimately the rest of the world.

How pretentious of her

MY FUCKING SIDES you literally just described Sup Forums

HAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

there was no argument to debunk. just angry ad hominems

So how well did it describe you?

Say what, bro?

> She manipulated a mentally ill man into trying to assassinate Reagan. She should be a national hero

ftfy

That wasnt his argument, it was about people obsessing over things they dislike and constantly talking about them and shitting on them, instead of discussing the things they do like, if there are any...

wtf delete this

I like them once in a blue moon but keep shitting them out and you'll get sick of them.

I agree. It's a new low. "forget honesty, forget creativity, dumbest buys the mostest that's the name of the game"

Who needs art when you have flashy lights and quips

>muh artsy indie pretentious films! NOOOOOOOO!!!!

>SEETHING

Based dyke.

Only six capeshits came out this year calm down.

>the only alternative to capeshit is artsy flicks

Hi dummy.

She's tried to make a movie about Leni Riefenstahl, a Nazi filmmaker, under the pretense of celebrating women in cinema.

Jodie's alright with me.

What about the garbage that are animated films like Boss Baby and all Pixar shit?

Embarrassing

This--it's not that they're utterly joyless, just that they're generally unoriginal and most of us have seen enough at this point.

I don't like some super hero movies, but a lot of them are garbage.
Like this Avengers shit. No one wants anymore, make it fucking end.
The first one was good. 2 and 3 (not Avengers aka Civil War) were the same boring Whedonized formula and only labotomized zombies and children with the IQ of a lamp post love these shitty movies.
Make it fucking stop. We don't 3 spiderman movies a fucking year and BLM: Black Rubber Addiction

I'd like Super Hero films if they'd released a good one in the last decade

It's political correctness, forced diversity and the unrestrained liberal bias that kills cinema, not capeshit itself.
>inb4 Hollywood was always liberal
Yes but never so unsubtle about it as now.

Either see them that weekend with your friends or don’t. There’s no need to get on some faggy fucking soapbox about disliking them like a little pissant.

t. virgin

>Jodie Foster slams superhero movies as cinematic equivalent of fracking
What the hell?! I love Cape movies now!

Nice bait kid

jodie foster has not done one single thing worth a shit since panic room that came out 15 years ago

capeshit is capeshit, either make a good movie or shut the fuck up you raggedy bitch

Or maybe you're just a brainlet?????

Kys capeshitter. Star Wars is literally capeshit tier now too.

>She should be in prison
For getting the nation's hopes up?
Is that a felony or a misdemeanor?

>hasn't seen Jodie Foster's Beaver

Shit taste and Elysium was dumb fun sci fi flick.

Foster's best role?

Taxi Driver.

Is this the same Jodie Foster that wrote that ship BM episode Arkangel? If so, fuck her.

I prefer The Girl Under the Stairs over Taxi Driver.

People on here wont agree but your right

and Panic Room was Lifetime tier

also I would rather sit through a DCEU marathon than sit through Contact again

Groomer.

Dude, Ronald Reagan is dead.

Nobody is stopping Hollywood producers from making good movies alongside garbage movies, Jodie. Just kidding, you are and you have yourself to blame.

>(((SiriusXM)))

This pisses me off.

Someone post the copypasta with all the famous people shitting on superhero movies and add this based fracking metaphor

bro you've seen a capeshit you've seen them bad, what's even fun about watching the same damned movie with a different paintjob

Is english your second language?

She continues to support child fucker Polanski, she defends and continues to work with Mel Gibson, an avowed Anti Semite loon and wife beater. She has become a terrible director and actress, and she got dog ear titties.

jodie foster is my waifu

>some pretentious irrelevant old hag hates movies where she's not cast

Has she been cast in any movie at all or is she one of those retarded alt right bitches that is famous for whining over nothing?

who was in the wrong here?

good argument

How is she pretentious?

>another celebtard is validating my opinion!!!
>sumbuddy make coppypasta!!!

oh shit. didn’t pick up on that. pic related?

nice ad hominem, retard

>those biceps

>Studios making bad content in order to appeal to the masses and shareholders
how is this new?

Scale.

she's right, fuck capeshit

Stay triggered

Marvel puts out about 3 movies a year, this year two of them were actually pretty good and above a lot of "popcorn" flicks I've seen in a while. DC makes trash but sometimes they do OK. We're going to get those types of movies no matter what, might as well have some cohesion to them.

Also, when we get a higher caliber of big-budget films like Blade Runner 2049 the world doesn't deserve them because they flop at the box office and retarded feminist critics whine about them.

Yeah, she has a point. I've personally lost all interest towards big budget block buster movies, as they all are basically same shit. It was fun when that kind of movies were few and far between but when the theaters are stuffed with them, they loose their luster.

grow up, yopu have shit taste
seriously even anime isn't as bad

~6 years ago I wrote an essay on fracking and there were barely any information on it let alone anyone making any kind of fuzz about it. Now all I hear is fracking. Fracking this, fracking that, and the worst part is I still don't know what the frick fracking is.

Not an argument

>seriously even anime isn't as bad
Don't say things you can't take back, man. That's fucked up.

>under twenty-five
>telling someone to grow up
Yikes

based

>Hollywood is full of pedophiles, rapists, drug addicts, cult members, sexual deviants and satanists.

Oh, but comic book movies are totally the problem.

This Disney employee is right!

Isn't that the truth.