strawpoll.com/pwdkbwcp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't know, Dunkirk maybe

Kino Runner 2049

Justice League

John Wick 2

Baahubali 2

Dunkirk and BR2049 were better than any of the indie or foreign releases desu

Definitely Blade Runner. I have a feeling Mother! Is going to get a nomination even though it worked better as a comedy.

Revenge of the Sith. It's a timeless film

daniel blake, raw, meyerowitz, after the storm

any o'those, take yer pick

Best:
1. Ghost Hunting
2. The Woman Who Left
3. El mar la mar
4. Quality Time
5. On the Beach at Night Alone
6. Dark Night
7. Rey
8. Sleep Has Her House
9. Voyage of Time (Blanchett version)
10. Good Time

Worst(no order):
Get Out, Baby Driver, Blade Runner 2049, Logan, The Big Sick, Okja, Don't Kill It
Columbus, Beauty and The Beast, Atomic Blonde, Kuso, Power Rangers, The Bad Batch, Bushwick

Columbus
ghost story
big sick
okja
three billboards
ladybird
florida project
logan lucky

good year

/film/ ???

BEST:
Sleep Has Her House (dir. Barley)
Columbus (dir. Kogonada)
Toivon tuolla puolen (dir. Kaurismäki)
Heлюбoвь (dir. Zvyagintsev)
Una mujer fantástica (dir. Lelio)
Justice League (dir. Snyder)
Apитмия (dir. Khlebnikov)
Testről és lélekről (dir. Enyedi)
Good Time (dir. Safdie Brothers)
Beach Rats (dir. Hittman)

WORST:
Baby Driver (dir. Wright)
밤의 해변에서 혼자 (dir. Sang-soo)
Happy End (dir. Haneke)
Okja (dir. Joon-ho)
The Square (dir. Östlund)

Good Time
On Body and Soul
Bad Genius

Get on my level you fucking plebs

>3. El mar la mar

Seen this namedropped a few times now, but where can I even watch it?

lav diaz is overrated get over it

>밤의 해변에서 혼자 (dir. Sang-soo)
I believe you meant 그 후 but nice try and meme'ing. It's the thought that counts

Thor 3

It would be redundant to include that one as well. All Sang-soo films are worthless

Bright

Twin Peaks

Go to bed Kim

shortlist
Blade Runner 2049
Dunkirk
Logan
Get Out
Baby Driver

Theres no question. Blade Runner 2049 wins.

Transformers 5:The Last Knight

The sextape I made of myself for myself.

The Big Sick was enjoyable - Zoe's cute af - but i'm at a loss as to why it's being ranked so highly? it's just another rom-com with a slightly better premise than Maid in Manhattan and trite shit like that. it did make me laugh a few times, though, but there's no way i'll rank it any best of list. to each their own, i guess.

war for the planet of the apes

Dark night was so underwhelming

Shape of Water is the strongest best picture choice. I'd say my favorite was Blade Runner 2049, with Dunkirk as a close second and Logan as a solid third.

Shot Caller

not the best but is hasnt been mentioned here yet... mother!

ภาพบันทึกเหตุการณ์ พระบาทสมเด็จพระจุลจอมเกล้าเจ้าอยู่หัว เสด็จประพาสยุโรป เมื่อปี พ.ศ. (dir. พระเจ้าบรมวงศ์เธอ พระองค์เจ้าทองแถมถวัลยวงศ์ กรมหลวงสรรพสาตรศุภกิจ)

Truly life changing.

>Sleep Has Her House
I know this is a meme post but has anyone actually been able to watch this? Legit I have no idea where to get/buy/go for a copy

This or Nathan For You: Finding Frances

Nathan for You deserved way more recognition for that shit. Too fucking good I was hooked.

Blade Fucker 2069

Silence is the best one I saw. But all the others were capeshit, SW and BR2049. I don't go to movies often

From my point of view it's a garbage film

You've made this thread 50 times but none of you fags have made a proper strawpoll so we can actually vote

Phantom Kino

I'm not sure yet. Only seen "Song to Song", "Bladerunner 2049", and "Okja" so far; they were all underwhelming.

I loved Maudie

The Flordia Project
Dunkirk
Shot Caller
The Square
The Beguiled

IndieWire asked a bunch of directors their favourite films of the year. Bennie Safdie responded with an essay about how life changing this episode and the episode about the anecdote were. Genuinely not even kidding

Not sure if troll or just retarded

>anything but Jumanji

LITTY

If I had to guess, DDL is probably gonna win Best Actor for Phantom Thread. I've heard good things, and it's his final role before he retires, so I'd be floored if they didn't.

Blade Runner 2049

because it has a lot of charm that gives you very good and special feels. Like Chungking express tier of charm. And it handles cultural and relationship issues deeply. Also, great characters, great performances and literally the best 9/11 joke ever - that scene isn't only funny. It tells you a lot about being brown in america post 9/11

Song to Song was one of the only films that i did not find underwhelming. plenty of entertaining movies, but nothing like Malick's latest. while i did not agree with certain story choices, for its entirety the film had me enraptured. i also thought the constant shots of a mosh pit was quite silly, even if it was an apt metaphor narrative-wise for the tumultuous affairs of the multiple protagonists.

Other favs but not on the same level as Song to Song:

Nocturama
It Only Comes Out At Night
Raw
Mudbound
Get Out

i haven't seenany of the blockbusters like Blade Runner 2049, Dunkirk, etc.

Wow look at all these uninformed insight ITT. Please refer to pic related instead for a better list

Lady Bird and The Florida Project were shit

I feel like malick fans feel he can do no wrong and like every movie of his.

I agree the film is charming af, but let's not pretend it dealt with cultural issues on a deep level, mate. it basically just shed light on arranged marriages. that's it. the 9/11 joke was fucking hilarious and Ray Roman was great, I admit,but for every good scene or quip, there was an equally dumb one, like the "Go back to Isis," bit at the comedy club or the "we're so weak" bit. I think charm only gets you so far. entertaining popcorn flick with a feel good ending. that's it. i expected more from all the praise it's received. similar to Get Out that way.

Kong: Skull Island

lol. almost. i detest To the Wonder and had major problems with The Tree of Life. however, i do agree that it seems like some Malick fans think he can do no wrong. i just think he hit grand fucking slams with Knight of Cups and Song to Song.

We already had a poll and this was the result

tinyurl com/ybgszuu2

don't know what to tell you man

Blade Runner: The Year of our lord 2000 + 7x7

WIND RIVER

After The Storm

How do they justify rating TLJ at 86 and then not including it on any of their "best of" lists? Does this just confirm that they were compelled somehow to inflate its score?

Just look at the metascore of 1-4 vs how many put Get Out in their top list

Really makes you think

I'll upload it tomorrow and post it on /t/

Probably some meme foreign indie film

I made a straw poll and another thread...probably should have just posted the link in here:

strawpoll.com/c2p9g8fp

Let's make it official...so far BR49 has a huge lead :D

to each their own. plenty of good films out there. looking forward to seeing a few of the ones I missed. for my money, the two best things I saw in 2017 (film & tv-wise) were Song to Song and Twin Peaks: The Return, and both were super divisive. Wormwood (Errol Morris doc on Netflix) was also pretty damn good. the second season of The Girlfriend Experience was somewhat underwhelming after the stellar first, but still my #2 tv-wise.

I enjoyed Dunkirk the most
BR2049 was visually amazing but I can see why more than one of my friends fell asleep in the theatre
haven't seen windriver yet

WELL THEN YOU ARE LOST

can you make another that actually includes a shit load of the movies from this year instead of like five?

Haha...well I wanted to reduce the influence of trolls by only including movies I thought were actual contenders

Why don't you go make one yourself, lazy user?

>WORST:
>The Square (dir. Östlund)

How so?

alright, i made it. should i make it so you can have multiple votes or just one?

hipster as fuck
>foreign films
>films probably 2 people watched
>justice league
OH NONONONONO

I haven't seen many movies this year but surprisingly, the best one was War for the Planet of the Apes

just one

here's a strawpoll with more movies from 2017:

strawpoll.com/pwdkbwcp

Same film as every year, user. Dinner for One.

nice...blade runner still in the lead hahahaha