Sup Forums btfo

Sup Forums btfo

HAHAHAHA WHAT A FLOP, DIDNEY KIKES BTFO! SHADILAY! MUH MARKETING COSTS ARE GORBILLION!

Just how will star wars recover

TFW made 1 BILLION in the US alone. TLJ needs all the global help it can get to somehow limp to that number.

>got to enjoy the best SW since empire
>got to enjoy the absolute anal annihilation of shit-stirring contrarians
THANK YOU BASED RIAN

>it's not going to make as much money as the most hyped movie of all time
>DISNEY ON SUICIDE WATCH

oh you guys, will you ever get tired of being wrong.

I can't wait for the INFINITY WAR IS GOING TO FLOP threads.

Sup Forums really was wrong. huh.

>Infinity War makes more money than JL on opening weekend alone
>endless TV posts about why the MCU is dead and DC will win in the long run

That is literally every day on this board lol

But the production cost was literally $500 billion and the marketing cost was one trillion. There is literally no way they made money off of one measly billion.

They literally just have to edit out Canto Bight/Rose the Pug and the movie becomes on par with RotS.

Pretty low bar

This.

Only $1 billion more to go!

can i have this in non-libcuck plz??

>he honestly thinks this movie needed to make 2 billion to turn a profit.
How is Sup Forums so retarded?

>marketing cost was one trillion
Hmmmm that doesn't sound right, but you put it on the internet, so I believe it.

HAHAHA YOU SHOWED THAT LIBKEK FELLOW MAGAPEDE! GO BAEEEK TWO REBBIT AMIRITE? KEK KEK KEK KEK, THESE SOYBOYS ARE SOY? COULD IT BE ((((THEM))))?

alt right btfo by based antifa retard

star wars 8 was le kino, big corporate studios like disney are BASED cuz they promote marxist/feminist and anti-capitalist views! fuck off nazis.

>rent free

Disney expected a gross of at least $2 billion and they are getting half. You really think Disney is happy making $1 billion instead of $2 billion?

>are BASED cuz they promote marxist/feminist and anti-capitalist views! fuck off nazis.
It goes from funny to sad when you BECOME the joke, faggot retard.

I might've been two trillion, I don't have the actual numbers in front of me. I remember seeing a few TLJ billboards on the moon though and those are pretty expensive.

I didn't realize it was out of theaters. Hasn't this movie grossed a billion in less than a week?

The Last Jedi was le KINO!

*sighs*

Drumpfbabys need to fuck off and realize the future and force is female. Checkmate racists.

BTW, how does upvoting work on Sup Forums - Sup Forums? Thanks!

>wun billon iz a big numbur dis moobie iz gud now me no care abut pro-fits me luk at big numbre and me no it did gud

>can't grasp how they are incessantly mocked outside of Sup Forums
>better sperg out about ANTIFA boogeymen and "teehee whatabout"

antifa will crush drumpflstiltskins like you when the communist revolution happens. Fuck off fascist.

>Disney expected a gross of at least $2 billion
Source other than your ass?

>killing fascists is bad now

Mouseketeers really are SEETHING huh. Get your popcorn ready for when Solo flops

It is when everything you don't like is fascist, sweetie.

NAZIS BTFO BY BASED ANTIFA CUM SLURPER

Racists, sexists and bigots need to GTFO of Sup Forums - Sup Forums. This is no place for your hate.

>TFA WILL FLOP IT HAB A NIGNOG!
>ROGGUEE ONE WILL FLOP IT HAB A CHINGHONG AND STRONK
>TLJ WILL FLOP IT HAB ANUMBA CHING!
>ANY DAE NOW

I didn't realize everything I hate was magically fascist.

>he thinks antifa cucks are actually going after fascists
You're not the sharpest tool in the shed eh?

You are retarded. Please keep up.

There's literally no way this breaks even. The production + marketing costs approach infinity. They filmed the whole movie in space, I hear.

I didn't say that though. Are neo-Nazis not actual fascists though? What's the gymnastic there?

>everything I hate was magically fascist.
This is what antifa numales and bulldykes believe.

I'm sure it's me.

>IT WILL HIT 1.9 BILLION
>IT WILL HIT 1.7 BILLION
>IT WILL HIT 1.5 BILLION
One terrible boxing day and a week of dissapointment later
>HAHAHA Sup Forums BTFO IT BROKE A BILLION
TFA broke a billion in less than half the time it took TLJ

But I thought it was ok. Most of the criticism is shallow and is argued as if it's the final movie or something. Some of it was shit, but it was mostly good.

The consensus here was never that it would flop you absolute dumbfuck. We all thought it would be shit and we were proven right once again. Stick to reddit and marvel flicks, you fat fucking idiot.

Not being able to read blatant sarcasm is a sign of autism, user. Do you have trouble understanding social cues too?

>The consensus here was never that it would flop you absolute dumbfuck
>I literally didn't come on Sup Forums during the past 3 weeks

>WAHHHHH IT WAS SHIT WAHHHH #NOTMYLUKE!!!! WAHHHHH
Disney is gonna collapse any day now! This is IT!

this is just sad user, try some introspective thinking, please, i beg you

>mad

SEETHING

>neo-nazis
Depends on how you define that. The problem is antifa morons essentially call anyone right of marx a neo nazi and therefor a fascist. And then, instead of actually engaging in debate like educated, civilized people to prove them wrong, they chimp out and assault people, thus making antifa the actual fascists. You're so fucking dumb and out of it dude, I can't believe you need this explained to you. I'm done wasting my time.

Liberals fuckin suck lol

Only making a billion on a movie of this scale is an enormous loss, especially after marketing. Remember Jews don't measure by how much they make in total, but in how much they make when compared to other investments. But then really, who knows? Maybe they always knew the movie itself would be a loss leader and expected to make it back in merchandise.

>No way this breaks even
It literally broke even at $800 million

>Less than half the time
12 days instead of 17 is not less than half

>it will surpass avatar for sure!

>Disney is gonna collapse any day now! This is IT!
Again, this was never the consensus. Stop conflating the issue because you can't actually argue.

Correct, I had 7 finals. But before that, everyone speculated that it would be shit, which it was.

Corporate shill, or are you just butthurt your reddit movie is terrible?

>Depends on how you define that.
Kek, does it? I only see these ANTIFA faggots attacking Neo-Nazis and WP groups, I mean sure, violence is wrong...but boo fucking hoo cuck, don't be a literal Nazi.
>The problem is antifa morons essentially call anyone right of marx a neo nazi and therefor a fascist.
See, all the violence is documented though, I hate ANTIFA, but I don't see them go after poor dindu nuffin accidental Nazis.
>And then, instead of actually engaging in debate like educated, civilized people to prove them wrong.
It's cute that you think Nazism, being a literal race purity death cult, can be "debated".
>they chimp out and assault people
Yeah, I agree it's wrong to punch innocent people.
>thus making antifa the actual fascists.
That's not how that word works.
>You're so fucking dumb and out of it dude, I can't believe you need this explained to you. I'm done wasting my time.
I'm not going through gymnastics to defend Nazis, muh Sup Forumsnigga.

>Stop conflating the issue because you can't actually argue.
You people are comedic in how ironic you are.

>literally filmed in space
>i-it broke even at 800 mil goys i mean guys
sure kid

>Are neo-Nazis not actual fascists though?
Neo-Nazis are just hicks that just want to be left in Hicksville with Hick statues in peace.

>Corporate shill, or are you just butthurt your reddit movie is terrible?
No I just find its hilarious that you are obsessed with things you dont like and spend all day shitposting about them.

>just sit down and debate Nazis!
So much for the tolerant left! All they had to do was sit down with Hitler and talk it out!

DRUMPF BTFO!!! ANTIFA CUKS ROOL!!

>I only see these ANTIFA faggots attacking
There you go then, they're the fascists.
In any given conflict whoever raises their fists first is automatically wrong.

>RACE WAR WHEN ? TIME TO GUN LIBERAL SHITSKIN LOVERS IN THE STREETS! DAY OF THE ROPE MAGA
>woah now, you just have to hear these Nazi fellas out!

I came here to laugh at retards and entertain myself until I leave for a party. You're literally crying alone on your room or an office. Kill yourself, my man.

>I'm fundamentally not okay with openly and aggressively weeding Nazis out of my free society

The point of the 2nd movie in the trilogy is to build off of the themes of the 1st and set up the final movie. TLJ failed at that, it didn't follow the 1st movie at all, it failed basic storytelling, nothing happened. It didn't set up anything for the 3rd. There's now zero hype for the last movie because there's no real plotlines, no characters, no overarching themes. That's not even going into how poor the editing/pacing was.

The fuck is all this deflection regarding TLJ? The movie sucked and it has nothing to do with race/gender politics.

Infinity War will be a massive flop, no one watches Marvel movies anymore. They've overstayed their welcome. Once DC comes out with Aquaman and Flash movies then makes a Justice League 2 it will become the biggest movie of all time, even bigger then Star Wars.

Because it literally didn't suck.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and if your opinion is that the movie didn't suck then I'm glad that you enjoyed those 2.5 hours of your life.

This board has a soyboy problem, and it tends to bring down the general discourse. Nothing will satisfy an army of angry Male feminists stewing in their own contempt and effeminate nihilism.

This film was Subhuman horseshit. I was so-so on TFA. It still held onto the past with too much faux-reverence. It almost felt like corporate fan fiction, like it was consciously aping Lucas's style and his point-of-view, without any of his unique insight or passion.

Let's face it... Star Wars needs a real overhaul. It needs to be brought into the 22nd century. It isn't going to be this narrow, patronizing little thing enjoyed by a few obese and alienated feminists and troubled minorities anymore. It's got to mean something new to a generation that's grown beyond Disney's lame ethnic and gender pandering.

The team at Disney (Kennedy, the Story Group, and others) have set up a troupe of lame affirmative actions hires - brought on not because of the content of their characters, but the color of their skin. Instead of hiring the very best people for the job (irregardless of their race or gender) Kennedy has hired people specifically FOR their gender, in what amounts to a deeply regressive turn for a woman that should be above such cheap sexist stunts. Instead of crafting a limitless merit-based canvas for creators to paint on in the future, she's decided to pit the genders AGAINST one another. For no good reason at all.

This film was about letting the past die, and I hated that element of it. It was exactly wrong. This is a "Saga." A multigenerational family saga that should honor its past while building an epic and exhilarating future. It's a sign of the complete lack of confidence Disney has in its team at Lucasfilm, that the only way they felt they could possibly win new fans was to pull down their pants and take a literal shit on the story and the legends that built this magnificent universe.

(Cont..)

It's almost like Star Wars films were never terribly deep and engineered to be fun?

Again, the problem arises when you define everyone right of marx a nazi, then use this to avoid debate and assault them. You antifa queers really are the dumbest of the dumb, it blows my mind how simple concepts like these are way over your head due to your emotional, immature reactions to the "nazi" buzzword.

Cool, I already said I was done with you though, so I didn't read any of that. It would be a waste of my time, since you're an idiot way below my level of thinking. Or were you one of those retards I replied to above using memes as replies since they can't argue?

It made lots of money, therefore, it must be a good movie? Cool, I let the Transformers movies know they are good now.

So so so so glad to see I'm not alone in seeing The Last Jedi's™ many fucking rotten flaws. This is Star Wars, after all. The Force doesn't belong to a few embittered horse-faced Marxist-Feminists and mentally ill SJWs anymore. It belongs to the world. It belongs to any person of any race that believes in honor and logic and who rejects the divisive madness that modern leftism has reeked upon the world. And that we're united against this soulless corporate-leftist menace is fucking beautiful.

May the force be with all true Star Wars fans around the world , and Fuck Admiral Holdo!

Yeah man, who cares if it's poorly written. It had Lightsabers and spaceships and quips! FUN FUN FUN, TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF AND HAVE FUN!

>everyone I disagree with is a nazi
That's where it becomes a problem you sub 90 IQ mongrel. Most of the people antifa assault aren't actually nazis. Why is this so hard for you to get? oh ya, you're a fucking moron from antifa.

so, its shit then.

They weren't "deep," however they were well constructed stories based off of the classic Hero's Journey formula. Sure, you can call ANH formulaic, but the hero's journey is popular because it works. Star Wars relies on universal themes and time-tested writing styles, which is why it's so successful in the mainstream. The Last jedi is a complete failure from a writing standpoint, Rian Johnson obviously needs to go back to film school.There's nothing wrong with unconventional writing if you have the talent, but the writing in TLJ is so poor and lazy it can't be written off as just "unconventional." It's just bad, and fails even the simplest litmus tests of storytelling.

>proud, strong Dark Side-sensitive good guy who don't need no Master
>because she's literally an ego singularity ripping wisdom out of blue glowie space

I knew books were trying to keep me from being a Jedi Master.

>Again, the problem arises when you define everyone right of marx a nazi
You seem obsessed with Marx, again...this isn't really happening as often as you Sup Forumsniggers think.
>then use this to avoid debate and assault them.
You're mentally ill if you truly believe Nazism can br successfully debated in a real and open forum.
>You antifa queers
I'm not Antifa, buddy.
>Nazi is a buzzword
If someone punched a literal Nazi, would you sperg?
>teehee didn't read ;)
Okay, lazy faggot. Have a good one. Maybe there is some skinhead you can suck off. Learn better bantz or lurk more over at your containment.

>I'm fundamentally not okay with openly and aggressively weeding ANYONE out of my free society
Correct.
The moment you resort to using mob violence to solve any issue within your free society is the moment that it stops being a free society - and then it's only a matter before that same mob turns against you.

>everyone I disagree with is a nazi
I didn't say that.
>Most of the people antifa assault aren't actually nazis.
But that's not really happening.
>y-y-you antifa!
Nope, you're just easy to bait.

Even if they did only ever attack nazis, that still wouldn't make their actions okay. Nazis have exactly the same rights to speak freely and peacefully assemble as everybody else.

I'll be sure to tell the German Jews, the Tibetians, the Russian Jews, the Native Americans, The Chinese during WW2 or the Irish next time I hop around in my time macine.

Ya dude, when antifa pepper sprays little mexican girls or attack old people and trump supporters theyre actually attacking nazis! Just fucking kill yourself, you incredible dumbass.

It's been out for two weeks in Burgerland. Burgerlandians think if it hasn't hit its highest gross by then, it ain't gonna, cuz dey gots all the monies.

Hasn't opened in China. There's your other billion.

Yes, it's Star Wars, not Citizen Kane faggot.

>he can't tell what bait is

t. has never run a business

>it bad because me say so

This too, but even the basic concept of absolute free speech is far beyond the intellectual capacity of the leftist brainlets itt, so I avoided it to make a point.

>i-it's bait guys
>im not a pin-armed antifa numale, i promise
Ya whatever.

t. Has also never ran a business

Why is Sup Forums so easy to bait and get them to yell about the leftist boogeywoogies? What must it be like to irrationally hate millions of Americans over politics?