/swco/ - Star Wars Comics and Cartoons

Sentinel Droid edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out this Week:
Star Wars #31: Screaming Citadel #2 (May 17th)
Poe Dameron #15 (May 17th)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
youtu.be/zB4I68XVPzQ

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtu.be/-b7GAhnVwhA

>Battlefront 2 trailer:
youtu.be/Kae-JjbLsgA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.com/news/mace-windu-goes-solo-in-new-marvel-comic?cmp=smc|903224603
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to fuck Bobete Fett.

>canonfags

Am I the only one for whom The Clone Wars sort of ruined the movies?

After watching the entirety of the show, I watched Revenge of the Sith for the first time in years, and found that I simply don't recognize the characters. Anakin, for instance, got plenty of development in the cartoon, which is good, but it made him feel very different to the character from the films, much more reasonable and mature. And the fact that he looks and sounds completely different doesn't help. I know the original actors are hard to afford, but come on, couldn't they cast someone sounding closer to Hayden?

They got Obi-Wan's voice better, at least. But that cartoonishly pointy beard of his, as well as other exaggerated features of many of the characters, make the differences from their live-action versions really jarring. And the clones look and sound NOTHING like Temuera Morrison.

The problem is that, even though the films are the main medium of Star Wars, the simple fact that the total runtime of The Clone Wars is far longer than that of the prequel trilogy, and that it's fresher and more recent in my mind, I got too used to The Clone Wars characters, so now their movie versions feel wrong to me. The very thing I started my Star Wars journey with now doesn't register as "correct" anymore.

what is this?

Funilly enough, TFA doesn't actually harm the Prequels. The legacy of the Prequels is wrapped up in a neat bow in ROTJ, and the catalyst of the OT (and now the ST) remains as being the events of ROTS.

It's just the OT that TFA completely shits on and invalidates. Bravo JJ.

No, TCW only enhances the movies.

And yes, TCW having a huge runtime is not a coincidence.

Lucas talked about the benefits of tv over movies. TCW gets to expand the world and characters in ways that people still struggle to comprehend.

As for voice acting, well I love JAT and DBB, so your points are lost on me.

And as for the artstyle, well... Really my man? Of course certain things will be stylized in ways that aren't 100% identical to the live action counterpart. This is true in Rebels too.

>The problem is that, even though the films are the main medium of Star Wars, the simple fact that the total runtime of The Clone Wars is far longer than that of the prequel trilogy
That's because you're thinking about it all wrong. Stop thinking of the movies as the "main medium", when you admit yourself that TCW actually dwarfs the movies in runtime. Lucas used the movies as a platform for TCW to jump from. He didn't want people to think of TCW as "lesser" than the movies. That's why he encouraged Filoni to storyboard and animate as if he was directing actual actors on sets, rather than making some unimportant tie-in cartoon. It's just Star Wars. Enjoy it as such.

The Zam Wessel comic special.

>son of royalty
>former Jedi
>entangled with the imperial remnant
>Is a direct descendent of a major head of the original Empire
>arch-rival is a disgusting goblin-man obsessed with hands
>name starts with K and ends with EN
What did JJ mean by this?

>TFA completely shits on and invalidates. Bravo JJ.

You gotta calm the fuck down.

TFA does cripple the story of the OT though, if you look at the saga from a wider view not just a movie by movie basis

Screaming Citadel part 2 where?

>yfw his wing-shaped Star Destroyer is actually a Moffship
>yfw he welcomes Kylo and Hux aboard it with Dark Greetings

Doe ANH cripple the PT, because Obi-Wan dies in a hallway?

No, because it doesn't lower all the stakes of the PT like TFA did with Endor's victory being fucking useless

No, not at all - it's not about deaths its about the overarching story. The good guys winning, the victory and the conclusive nature of ROTJ is completely undone by TFA

> →

thx my nigga

Wew, fucking tracer

she's spaghetting all over the place

>Funilly enough, TFA doesn't actually harm the Prequels. The legacy of the Prequels is wrapped up in a neat bow in ROTJ, and the catalyst of the OT (and now the ST) remains as being the events of ROTS.
That's the thing though, RotS sets up the OT. So by shitting on OT it kind of shits on the whole journey. That scene in the very end is quite emotional - the Empire has taken over, liberty is dead and everything is going to shit, but then we see Owen and Beru holding baby Luke and looking into the sunset, and we know everything will be alright, because there is still hope, and that hope will grow and turn into a rebellion and save the galaxy. But then you remember that none of this means shit, because they don't actually save the galaxy, they just let a new Empire (albeit under a different name) grow right under their nose and destroy their entire capital system, while the Jedi are just as gone as they were under Palpatine. Might as well not have Luke and Leia born in the first place, seeing that they don't accomplish anything.

>No, TCW only enhances the movies.
I mean, yes, it certainly improves the Star Wars universe, its story and its characters. But by doing so it makes the movies look bad in comparison to the show.

>As for voice acting, well I love JAT and DBB, so your points are lost on me.
Not saying that their voice acting is bad, just that it's way too different from how the characters sound in the movies. For example, while Obi-Wan and Padme in TCW sound fairly close to their live-action versions, Anakin and the clones do not. It's like I'm hearing completely different people.

Same about their models: I can still recognize a stylized McGregor's Obi-Wan even behind that "wooden" beard, but I can't recognize Morrison's Jango/clones with those face models. It's like it's not just the same guy with exaggerated features, it's a completely different guy.

>This is true in Rebels too
I'd say Rebels actually got their models more accurate.

Who is Aphra's likeness based on, then?

Such astonishingly ugly art, I'm shocked this is the standard that's allowed to be published.

I don't even really care that it's traced but it's just traced so so poorly, Aphra looks very unwell and the shading is hideous.

A very simply drawn comic with little to no shading, colour, or effects would be preferable to this.

Old news.

>Who is Aphra's likeness based on, then?

No one specifically. That artist used a lot of different images to trace over.

So this is why she looks Asian in some shots and not in others.

What's the best comic app? I might get screaming citadel's and a few here and there but I'm not sure about this stuff. I always just saved pages from storytimes before but I've never used an app to read them.

Also, realistic hopes for Rebels S4?

I really like Challenger on my tablet, but I never used something else so I don't know if it's the best

I use Perfect Viewer on my Android tablet.

>So this is why she looks Asian in some shots and not in others.

Because the artist traced very poorly and probably didn't trace at all when he couldn't find something usable to trace.

They just announced a new comic miniseries about Mace Windu : Star Wars: Jedi of the Republic — Mace Windu
It takes place right after Episode II
I'm guessing from the title that they'll probably do more like this about other Jedi
Sounds good to me !

starwars.com/news/mace-windu-goes-solo-in-new-marvel-comic?cmp=smc|903224603

Nice.

They need to explore that period more. With everything between Geonosis and Christophsis being a blank state, they need to tell things like how did Anakin became a knight or when did they first met Ventress again.

That could be pretty exciting stuff
If only we could get more 1-2 stuff

This will be on my Kindle (I got it as a gift, comics are about the only thing I can think of to do with it)
I've heard about Perfect Viewer. I had heard the one app that Amazon pushes only lets you read the stuff you buy, and I have quite a few things over collected over the years that I could convert and toss on there.

Is this reaction image used much outside of here? Because that may hint that the illustrator visits Sup Forums and possibly our thread assuming he frequents Sup Forums.

Why is her breast size inconsistent? Did she stuff her uniform with paper to impress her "hobby"?

Yeah, although I'd be more excited about some pre-1 or 1-2 stuff but this is a cool announcement

Once again the "Disney hates the PT !!" idiots will be BTFO thanks to that

You just reminded me how good Genndy Wars was.
It still has its place of choice in my headcanon, CGI TCW taking place just between the two seasons.

He drew, or traced more ass shots for Aphra so he definitely lurks.

>mfw not even a week ago some guy was asking Pablo if we were getting a Windu comic

Fuck off Pablito, I said headcanon, I know

Gendy Wars S1 could easily work in new canon

Oh fuck I hope this is a canon retelling of the Battle of Dantooine. It's possible given that it's mentioned in TCW and the cover looks like a reference to that part when Mace force pushes all those droids surrounding him. Plus we know canonically the Battle of Dantooine was one of the first battles in the war since it's mentioned in the first few episodes of TCW and this comic is set right after Ep2.

>a series with George Lucas as en executive producer is now not-canon because a fat mexican fuck said so

>pic related is actually canon

Sometimes it's hard to be a Star Wars fan

Kanan Jarrus.

Yeah, well, Lucas was also an executive producer on Droids and Ewoks.

I can hear Tom Baker's voice in my head

>George Lucas is a fat mexican fuck

Written by Matt Owens (Elektra)
Art by Denys Cowan (Power Man and Iron Fist)
Cover by Jesus Saiz (Steve Rogers: Captain America)

Star Wars 40th Anniversary Variant Cover by Russell Dauterman (The Mighty Thor)
Variant Covers by Rahzzah (promoted fan artist) and Javier Rodriguez (Doctor Strange and the Sorcerors Supreme)

COMING THIS AUGUST!

Blurb:
>For over a thousand generations, the Jedi have been the peacekeepers of the galaxy…but now, at the dawn of the Clone Wars, they find themselves in a new role: generals in the Army of the Republic. As Mace Windu, one of the Jedi’s greatest warriors, leads a small unit of Jedi into battle shortly after the war begins, the Jedi must make peace with their new role, or be lost to the violence around them!

This just in, artist exaggerates breast sizes once again. More at 11.

This sounds awesome, can't wait. I bet people will still claim that Disney is ignoring the prequels though.

The only canon tiddiemonsters are Pryce and Momma the Hutt

This now make it 5 times more PT-Era comics than ST, and that title implies there are more to come.

>inb4 "th-they just dont want the comics to get in the way of the movies"
They could damn well have more ST content if they wanted with little difficulty.

They're just choosing to wisely expand the OT/PT era's first, seeing as there are large gaps in the canon timeline.

There was never a ridiculous "prequel ban".

Lucasfilm is telling the stories they want to tell, and right now that is mostly filling the gaps around AOTC and ANH it seems, with some outliers here and there.

We could be seeing the first appearance of Ventress/Grievous in these comics!

I watched genndy wars again recently and was put off by the robotic clones.

The more I watch TCW the more I want to fuck Ashoka. Too much anime turned me into a lolicon, help

really marvel's choices for the creative team boils down to a) one writer for the Luke Cage Netflix series and b) another guy whose drawn Luke Cage.

Do they realize Mace isn't Luke Cage?

Go back to your qu/a/rantine board

Luckily, Filoni foresaw your plight.

No! Western stuff can be quite nice too!

That's only going to make it worse.

But she's at least 31 years old in that image, possibly more! And she's got a thing for younger men.

Well someone knows how to appeal to degenerates like me.

Hey, at least it isn't Bendis.

Just wait until he exhausts the MCU goldmine and moves onto Star Wars to sate his immense hunger.

I want to cuddle with Ahsoka

There's nothing degenerate about liking older women user.

I don't think he'd be able to handle abiding to canon.

Fuck yes. Mace is one of my favorites, despite his being a rigid hardass.

Also, that title seems to imply at a character based series, so we'll likely to see more than just Mace. This will be good times. Feels like the Republic series.

I havent read the whole post yet, but a good bit of it is incorrect so far.

just a note, Nora joined the rebellion after her husband was arrested, and kinda because of it. Temmin was mad because she left, not because she got his dad arrested.

Also Sinjir worked for the imperial loyalty whatever. Its basically the ISB, but wither cuck wingdigs didnt know about the ISB or intentionally made them separate entities.

Rip heavy ;_; Lotta' people die in this show. Didn't expect that.

You sure about that? I feel like everything I like is degenerate.

Because you are weak

what could possibly be degenerate about this

Probably.

>Lotta' people die in this show. Didn't expect that.
You are just at the beginning friend. You aren't ready.

We all do, user!

Glad I'm not alone in wanting her. Looking forward to getting into this more, I hear the latter seasons are much better, not that this is bad.

Iden a cute

much better production values and improved models but your mileage might vary on the actual events and plotting, it can get real edgy, not to the extent of awful EU exaggerations, but considerably bleaker than you'd expect even coming up on Revenge of the Sith

>implying that's a bad thing

It's a war.

Yeah, the show gets better and better, both in visuals, and writing/storylines.

If you're enjoying seasons 1 and 2, you're going to LOVE seasons 3-6

Also Ahsoka was one of my earliest faps. She is delicious

Also what said. Nobody believes me when I say that TCW is the darkest piece of canon Star Wars media there is, until they see it for themselves. I wont go into specific spoilers, but there are episodes with explicit on-screen executions, suicides, zombies, arcs where the edgiest of villains are the protagonists rather than the heroes, and one arc that is literally Vietnam with Clones.

Ahsoka is going to be bad for my health. Pretty excited though!

>Lotta' people die in this show. Didn't expect that.
>Star W A R S

>zombies and Nam
That was some ptsd.

I came in expecting it to be a lot more child oriented. Sorry?

Which arc do you call Vietnam with clones?

A child oriented story literally about a war?

Umbara

would berry/10

>an episode where people are literally carpet bombed
>not even droids, actual people
wew

To be fair, Star Wars is very restrained with showing death unless it's a Stormtrooper. People go into TCW expecting it to be no different, perhaps even more restrained due to it being a cartoon.

Reality is actually the opposite.

Runtime aside, TCW had an exponentially high death rate compared to the rest of the franchise. Theres a video someone made compiling every canon death in Star Wars, and most of the video was basically a brutal TCW death montage that made the few movie deaths look like small time.

It's a common mistake.

Umbara, although that is certainly not the only graphic war-centered arc.

Just the most notable because of the very mature themes of the episode, the human opposition, and the plot twist.

Krell going rogue was a cop out.

All I've seen from these CG cartoons is the helicopter lightsaber from Rebels, and that shit is silly as fuck. Forgive me.

TCW and Rebels are two completely separate shows, user. That alone should have tipped you off.

Don't let that clip put you off Rebels. The show is actually very fun, and is a good follow-up to TCW.

The Helicopter sabers, for what its worth, are explained using in-universe tech, and have only appeared in a single episode thus far. (And said episode is unironically one of the best pieces of Star Wars media ever made too)

Definitely watch Rebels once you're done crying over TCW's two spectacular endings.

He could've just been an asshole and it would've worked better.

I liked it because it showed how broken the Jedi are, and forshadowed the fall of the Order, and Anakin, and was also a sneak peak at Order 66

Was a good story for a series about Clones and Jedi pushed to their limits in a Galactic war

I always wondered about the Umbara incident, doesn't it kind of look bad for the Chancellor that the people of one of his senior aides allied themselves with the Separatists? It's not her fault and everything, but the public/politicians usually don't care.

Planned on watching Rebels after I get through TCW. Good to know it's good.

>Definitely watch Rebels once you're done crying over TCW's two spectacular endings.
You remind me that I still need to finish the last season of TCW. Or at least I think I was on the last one. I'm on that part where the slug guy commands the droids around IIRC.