I can barely realte to Wonder Woman

I can barely realte to Wonder Woman

>It's female Superman
>Instead of being raised as a Farmer was reaised to be a Warrior
>She does not have 'identity crisis' since she now what role she must follow, instead of Supes who is alien who try to mix with humans
>Shield and Bracelets are pointless since she is bulletproof
>Jet/Vehicles are pointless since she can fly
>The only flaw she have is that she will fight to the end no matter consecuences

Does Wonder Woman need to be nerfed?

>She is like Superman
>but not really

Whoever gave her that shit to read is a jerk. I bet Diana could write much better erotic fiction, like Kamala.

Did that dude just call wonder woman a gigglesnort? The fuck is a gigglesnort?

kek

Why don't you try to read her instead of making an anti-Wonder Woman thread every two days?

I, for one, welcome comic books starred by a female that is NOT quirky and about said female taking care of cats.

that was the sound she made, not the word she said

She doesn't need to be nerfed, she just... isn't interesting.

The last actually good WW run was good because it had lots of other, more interesting characters. Diana herself was only enjoyable in her interactions with these characters.

>female superman
This is a stupid thing people who don't really know either character like to say.

The only things that she and superman have in common are that both can fly and have dark hair, that's it. She's not like him or even close in any other measurable way.

Casuals need to be fucking gassed

so basically Golgo 13?

the main character is awesome but boring. it's the interactions of the people around him or his targets that make the stories interesting to read.

I know, right?

We are lucky that we have the interesting Carol Danvers and her non-stop wonderful stories.

YAAS QUEEN
REMOVE XENO

>Shield and Bracelets are pointless since she is bulletproof

her worth as a character died when supes started doing kryptonian martial arts

Power levels don't determine a character's worth.

It does, this is why this is the best character ever written.

She is in too much of a weird spot. Stuck between the Greeks mythology and the craziness of the rest of the DC universe. Especially since she is a flying brick which is boring.

Thor and Hercules over at Marvel aren't all that bothered by being stuck between mythology and comics craziness.

Yes that is why they are totally A-lister. Oh wait no. Thor is a B lister and Herc is a Totally C.

Also Thor has the worst MCU properties so far. Ragnarok looks good but it is really stepping away from Thor 1 and 2.

Finally Marvel doesn't have so many prominent flying bricks to crowd the scene.

You know what?

That's a completely accurate comparison for most good WW stories. Diana herself, while badass and able to shine in a few standard moments that highlight said badassery, is uninteresting as hell.

She's kinda like The Major but without the internal angst over the validity of her humanity.

Carol is just lost potential most of the time
WW is just... Boring

He was a good deconstruction though.
"What if you had the power of Superman without his strength of character?'

Wonder Woman is just badBigBarda

They're both very similar but Barda is better in everyway
Better backstory
Better relationship
Better personality

>Relating to fictional heroes instead of idolizing them and having their actions inspire you to better yourself
I can't tell if OP can really suck this many ducks but he's going for it.

Half of Sup Forums doesn't know her cat is an alien.

>I can barely realte to Wonder Woman

Tell that to DC's editors and writers that like to portray them as "equals".

In the new CN cartoon Justice League Action, Wonder Woman come off as a much more aggressive and cunt-y barbarian lady than Big Barda.

Such a weird thing DC turned WW into.

>having their actions inspire you to better yourself

Wonder Woman stopped being an inspiring character with Flashpoint, though.

The whole point of giving her that book is to troll her, since OG wonder woman was all about healthy, SSC BDSM

Because that's the only personality type that stands out for WW
She needs to be the bloodthirsty cunt or she's nothing
Superman is the Good
Batman is the Practical
Flash is the Funny
Hal is the Stupid

Where does that leave WW? She has to be the Violent or she's forgotten.

>doesnt like cute things
>never dances or listens music
>no multiple uniforms
>shitty love life, not even sure she has a family(parents,siblings)

DC really needs to rework this character

"equals" is not "same"
They are equal as in the equal social standing and respect and whatnot, they can't be swapped around so Diana and Lois are lezzing out while Superman punches Circe in the tits

Dude, i was being sarcastic. They're not even equals in social standing or respect since Superman's always shown to be more important, respected and beloved than her.

DC's editors and writers force the "equal" bullshit just to excuse their forced pairing, but in reality Wonder Woman always play second bananas to him. Hell, more often than not she's made almost villainous so Superman can look better in comparison and look manly for taming her violent nature.

And her background doesn't matter in stories that feature the two. It's always about Superman mythos and cast, with her just being incorporated into it.

Maybe if you'd had the guts to portray her in a more masculine light you could have played up the comedy.

Its kind of silly having a girl with that kind of strength and confidence. I'm not saying its a bad thing, or something she needs to apologize for, but it should be kind of funny and awkward.

This is a crap example and would never do this, but like, what if she drank a huge mug of beer and just belched really loud like a man?

See, that kind of shit would just be screechingly awkward, but it'd be fun to watch because of schadenfreude.

obviously, you'd have to be a little more subtle about it, but she should be more like pic related.

Even then normies see Wonder Woman as a female version of Superman because DC push for that angle.

>nerfed
If anything she was buffed. Classic WW loses her powers if tied up by a man. That has to be one of the lamest super weaknesses ever written.

>relating to characters

This is the most cancerous meme in existence. It's the reason why aliens have to be funny looking people and companies shit out raceswapped versions of popular characters.

It'd be better if they played up her Fish out of Water aspect

Maybe not chugging beer and belching, but instead secretly being being in wonder at many things of Man's World.
Keep her stoic outer shell, but have some moments where it's clear she's still reacting to things inside.

this

You have to have her take up space, hit on guys, lift heavy objects trying to show off, that sort of thing.

Don't make her men's idea of ideal feminist, make her a cartoon portrayal of all the masculine traits you see in guys.

Its incredibly sexist to expect women to have all these masculine characteristics without sacrificing some of their feminine ones.

Power often comes at the cost of grace, dignity and poise.

>Gigglesnort

then, if you're feeling adventurous, you can have her reveal a soft, feminine side that she doesn't show to others.

You always have her coming off like this ice-cold bitch. Why can't she be a little warmer and more friendly, like she-hulk?

Something I always hated is that Wonder Woman can fly. Never was a fan of it, seems not necessary.

It'd be fine if she was given Hermes' sandals instead of it just being innate

Is she so can hold hands and kiss Superman up in the clouds.

Does she have any real weaknesses?

She's basically supes without the kryptonite.

I mean granted she's not AS OP but still.

>doesnt like cute things
She likes little girls and ice cream.

because 'the girl who isn't girly is actually girly deep down' reinforces the idea that its just plain wrong for any girl to not have a drop of girly in them and that all any girl has to show for it if she opens up is that she really is like all the other girls on tv

>people ship WW with superman
>not batman

Too bad your shit ship was so shit it was rectonned.

>Power often comes at the cost of grace, dignity and poise
Superman keeps all of those, though.

no, he really doesn't

It's for the best. SM/WW is shit because DC actually did try shipping them. BM/WW never became anything more than flirting and therefore never was subjected to such shittiness and that way you can't prove whether or not it's truly shit like SM/WW.

Because in Superman's case the focus is more on his character and humanity, while in Wonder Woman is all about her having a god-complex and being baddass af.

Depends. Does she still loses her powers when tied up by a man? I think the running joke of Justice League Action of her ending up tied in her own lasso may be kind of a reference to that Golden Age weakness.

Who cares what ideas it reinforces? It's a cape comic not a propaganda piece.

Also no, a character showing some traits doesn't mean everybody who doesn't is wrong, not everything is about you.

Wonderbat is objectively the right choice

Or at least Wonder lust after Bat.
Bruce is the opposite of everything she's been told about Men

For Batman, he can finally have a boolet proof mommy.

>Thor is a B lister
Very high B lister. He was more popular than iron man till the movie. Out of all of Marvel runs Simonsons run is in the top 5. Then you have JMS and Robert Rodi doing god tier OGNs

Bruce can have his choice of nearly any woman, cape or otherwise, walking around. Because of that I was never really fond of the BrucexDiana pairing. I like reading the characters flirt around the subject but out-right committing always felt weird to me. The best that Man's World has to offer is a crazy person who puts the cowl above personal relationships? It reads like the classic "only a woman can heal him" story only you know it'd end in failure.

I much prefer another broken individual like Selena to shore up with Bruce. Even if it's old and tired by this point.

It took Venture Bros to get WW to be interesting.

Maybe play up her macho side and her confusion with secretly liking girly things?

You know, write her like a guy who's not comfortable yet with their feminine side. It'd be keen.

There were a few published stories that did, but the main difference there is that the writers actually focused on the dynamic.

The thing that screw SM/WW is DC insistence on pursuing the "gods walking among us" angle, which is pretty shitty. If DC instead focused on their more human aspects it would be a lot better.

Not so. Wondy is love and compassion. She will throw down, for sure. But look at how her and Cheetah met in the Rebirth arc. Cheetah attack but Wondy saw the pain in her and just hugged her until she cried. That is WW

>The best that Man's World has to offer is a crazy person who puts the cowl above personal relationships?
That's exactly why Diana would go after him

She's been told all her life that Men are unrestrained barbarians. No honour, no control. They rape and pillage and destroy.
It's what they do.

But Bruce is not like that at all. He's very powerful, but precise and in control. There's no wildness in him.

Now that's just being sexist

And it overlaps with Supes

The best thing about Batman and Wonder Woman interactions is that they're two competitive know-it-all that like pushing each other's buttons for fun.

You don't need to have them fucking to have that dynamic.

I prefer that to the invisible plane that always invisible but let's people see you flying it.

>It'd be better if they played up her Fish out of Water aspect
This might work.

One of the core issues of the character is that she is entirely made out of outdated features. This makes her generally unrelatable to everyone cause the fact she IS out of touch at her core is never addressed. Even the fact she is a warrior doesn't jive with anything. The modern world has no place for the warrior mindset. It can even be hindering.

Her character might go places if she were forced to grapple with the idea the world left her (and her people) behind before anyone even knew they existed.

General setting power creep. Having at least one travel power is necessary now. Vehicles are cumbersome, and being carried to all your fights is demeaning. While Batman can't cross countries without his vehicles, he can still conveniently show up anywhere in his own city via grappling hook. Being a foot slogger in DC isn't a good position.

>Having at least one travel power is necessary now.

You know that before the JL had teleporters and now Cyborg always use his boomtubes, right?

Characters have to hold up on their own, user. Not depend solely on the justice league's resources. Also, at will boom tube access counts as a travel power. I'm counting having physics defying grappling hooks as a travel power, after all.

>Where does that leave WW? She has to be the LESBIAN or she's forgotten.

FTFY

I think Her having super speed and being able to jump good is better. Make her feel more ground based which fits her fighting style. Save the air DBZ shit for Superman.

I liked how her pet name for Samson was Heracles.

I also like how conflicted Samson was about being attracted to her and how secretly man-crazy she was in spite of being so outwardly misandric .

Unironically strong and independant, but loves men.

Also if she has kids with Samson their children will be the most badass motherfuckers alive.

Fuck you with your "if a woman ever does something stereotypically feminine it's sexist" mindset.
People like you are why she's portrayed as a cold bitch, because making her loving and caring is sexist.

She should jump really high.

Seriously, the power boost she gained over the years to be more like Superman so DC would have the excuse to market them as a pair has been damaging the character. She used to have a bunch of neat little powers that were over time dropped all because they didn't fit the Superman mold. For example her ability to talk with animals. Thank God Rucka brought that shit back.

So anything that can distance Wonder Woman from Superman would do her good.

This thoughtline might be a big part of why she's unpopular. She doesn't need to be bloodthrist and a huge bitch just to stand out. Strong and Gentle are qualities that are beloved in ALL super heroes. Even Batman, despite being the criminal boogeyman, has a gentle touch when fear isn't necessary.

In her own books, she doesn't act crazed, but put her in a book with other heroes and suddenly she has to be a murdercunt to 'stand out'.

No wonder she's not popular.

If Diana had a scene dedicated to her Hulk-jumping and smashing into shit ala The Avengers or that one Justice League film where the Justice League formed against Darkseid then the public would cream all over her.

But she's The Woman
If she's The Woman and The Compassionate Loving One, then it's sexist

Blame there not being any other women in the A list

>Right breast removed.
>Amazons used to remove boobs to ease the act of firing arrows.
>Dat nice little detail.

You want to know why Wonder Woman has to be bloodthirsty now to stand out? Because of what this user said .

Wonder Woman before used to strong, reasonable and gentle much like Superman, but she also had a different power-set and various cool little things that made her stand out in the stories in spite of that. Ever since DC started to edit her so she could be more like Superman in everything she ended up becoming too generic. So in an attempt to set her apart a bit they change her core personality. Now she's like him power-wise, but bloodthirsty, which makes her different enough.

Like you said, Batman always have a gentle side, but he's different enough from Superman so it doesn't mess things around. You can have the two in a story together and one doesn't step on the other's boundaries.

No, it isn't sexist. Other women exist, hell, other women exist in the JLA.

Even if she was it still wouldn't be sexist for her to have stereotypical female traits. What is it racist that Cyborg is an athlete too?

>What is it racist that Cyborg is an athlete too?
If it was basketball, it would have been, yeah

False dichotomy.

The best and most inspirational characters are always also relatable to some extent.

Gilgamesh's fear of mortality and hubris is relatable, which makes his coming to an understanding that immortality is only obtained through fairness and good deeds, thus becoming a better person to aspire to, more engaging and powerful.

This post gives me an idea.

Put emphasis on titan-like power through technique. Don't have her be a brick that punches things. Go grappling, and I mean insane high power fantasy grappling. If anyone has played Dungeon Fighters Online, the female grappler comes to mind. Go look up a video if you need to. Bombastic, powerful, but play it up as technique based. She's strong, but not strongarming people completely.

So now you've given her damage potential without the need to play arms race with SUPERMAN. Which poisons her character when she has to do that.

It might also set her up for having legit reasons for nonlethal takedowns when she's not fighting someone who's also nigh invulnerable. She just tones down the techniques for normies for easy victories. Giving her something of a gentle hand against anyone who doesn't warrant overwhelming force.

But Diana is only really blood thirsty in team books. In her own solo comic she's level headed and interesting--primarily because she has a diverse cast she can bounce off of. But I'm only basing that statement off of the WW comic I read which was her New 52 issue...25 or so. She may have changed for all I know.

>Titan-like power through technique
I thought it was universally agreed that Diana's technique is the one thing she has over the other members of the Justice League. That if Superman isn't going for blood then Diana could utilize centuries worth of martial arts/grappling and curb him. It's the only real way to set her up against offensive juggernauts like Captain Marvel. You have to outwit and outlast.

That technique rarely, if even ever, comes across on the page. It feels like one of those things that's stated but not really felt. She's more of a brawler, and when she's using a weapon she's just strongarming it.

Thus you put emphasis on a combat style that requires technique to pull off. Though I expect most artists won't be able to illustrate grappling in the slightest for the same reason they can't make her technique convincing in other ways.

I wanna see her german suplex some iron clown's head into the concrete like shit's in disneyland

Wonder Woman being depowered to her golden age levels would do wonders for the character, since it would help to make her stand out.

The problem, though, is that female readers and feminists complain every time Wonder Woman is seem to be less than Superman, because THEY DO see Wonder Woman as the female version of Superman. They see Superman as a big and iconic male character, so they think Wonder Woman has to be a female counterpart including powers and everything. It's a constant dispute. If Wonder Woman is made to less than Superman, they feel that women as losing their ground.

That's the real reason Wonder Woman suffered a power boost and you've this forced idea of Superman and Wonder Woman being equals and two of a kind no matter how little sense that makes in reality. It's made to please the female readers.

You're not thinking big enough. Successive chained suplexes turning her in to a rolling machine of destruction, and any opponent the two bodies run in to also gets wrecked to shit and thrown away from them.

It's not like the NFL is 70% black or anything.

>But Diana is only really blood thirsty in team books.

That's the point, though. They do that in team books to make her stand out.

The greco-roman gladiator amazon is fast becoming a hard sell, like cowboys.
They should try and modernize it a bit
Even Atlantis get to be portrayed as this advance magical society

I don't think she's ment to be relatable
More like an example or guide

Yeah, but it's not considered a "black guys game" like basketball is. Sup Forums likes to call it "ape hoop"

Besides, Tom "Greatest handegger who ever lived" Brady is very white, so football will always be somewhat consider a white game

I thought you guys were talking about technique as in competent fighter, not flashy meme WWE shit.

Why isn't it both?

Hey now, you leave power girl out of this, its not her fault she barely has any materail

We've had this discussion a million times. The only decent trinity ship is Superbat. Wonderbat is only good in the DCAU. SM/WW is never good. End of story.