Captain America: Steve Rogers #17 PREVIEW

Sally Floyd is back to ask Steve about twitter again

I unironically hope she'll ask him if he has a tumblr blog

>It's nice to talk to you again Sally. I lost touch when you stopped updating your MySpace account

To be fair, I doubt her or anyone else at her newspaper ever attended a nascar race.

>mfw hes not on muhspace
>mfw hes not into incestcar
>mfw hes not wasting his time with catvideos

Rogers btfo

"I humiliated him"

Yeah Okay.

>DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT SOME INTERNET SOCIAL MEDIA FAD IS???? GEZ, YOU'RE SO OUT OF TOUCH!

So what is he doing wrong?

Destroying Las Vegas
Putting Inhuman scum in camps
Giving Mutants a nation
Killing Monsters

He didn't have a vagina while doing it.

And he wasnt black either! That fucking white male is LITTERALLY Hitler!

This. Same thing that happened to Rightclops. Heterosexual white males should NEVER make unilateral decisions.

>Writes a story with the intent of showing that more security in place of more freedom is horrible
>Proceeds to show the evil fascists create an unrealistic utopia where the trains are always on time
>"Oh but its bad because some fictional race of walking WMD are put into camps"

Why are writers so retarded?

>says she asked him what twitter was

>really asked him about myspace

And the funny thing is that if inhumans were real, it'd be the left hating on them because of their "privilege".

>they've retconned Sally asking what myspace is to twitter

is this most unnecessary retcon ever?

Sliding timescale. She asked him about whatever the "popular" social media of the time was. When it was written, it was myspace. Now, it would have been twitter.

If they kept it as Myspace, then that'd prove Rodger's point.

I feel like both sides would be wary of them.

Yes.

I guess they changed it because of the sliding timescale.

How will he ever recover?

>acknowledging that minorities might have advantages
>ever

Doesn't sound very liberal to me.

Pro Slavery
Eugenics
Monarchy

Yeah of course Royal Inhumans would be hated. But new Inhumans could be accepted, if they don't suck Black Bolt's cock. (nobody will anyway including Medusa).

To be fair, she could be implying that he's protecting an older America that was great and that he is only protecting an America that is currently shit.

Obligatory edit.

Its sort of satisfying to see the Hydra logo fully revealed at last

needs more jpg

>We dont have the power to be as complicated as you

He's just a slightly stronger human with a lot of field experience, he's the last person that should be told that.

I'm a bit out of touch. Why did Cap destroy Las Vegas?

Is that "His supporters didnt like that!" a shot at people who thought the myspace question was retarded?

what's wrong with changing it to Facebook? It's basically what took Myspace's place anyway

Setting an example for degenerates everywhere.

On the contrary, it actually just proves how dumb Sally Floyd was. MySpace died, while Captain America's ideals endure.

Because Spencer seems to think that ending every issue with shock value is a substitute for actual good storytelling

So when will real Steve find his way home and brain this douche.

The champions made fools out of Hydra operatives there and he had to set an example.

She does have a point, social media is the closest thing american have for culture.

I fucking love this one even if it's ooc for Cap

>I resent the fact that I ever had to hide in a subway station in the first place
Out of curiosity, why did she have to hide in a subway? If it was to flee from a hero vs hero fight I could understand, but if it was to flee from a villain attack then she's a fucking idiot for blaming Cap.

The Underground, a group of anti-HYDRA terrorists composed mostly of former """"superheroes"""", was being given shelter and operating out of Vegas. Also, the rest of the Hydra High Council had been calling Steve's willingness to do what it takes into question. Vegas was destroyed to both send a message that supporting the underground would not be tolerated and to show the rest of the Council that Steve was too ruthless to usurp or go against.

Of course Steve wasn't actually the person that did it since he was, in fact, unable to pull the trigger. Madame Hydra did it under Zemo's suggestion, but the High Council and American people don't know that.

They were assisting and offering refuge to the Champions/resistance and were posting videos of their heroic exploits to social media which is illegal in Hydramercia

I hope they only brought her back just to kill her.

fuck off Sup Forums

can we get this event moved to /aco/ or something? all it's doing is bringing even more alt-reich neckbeards into Sup Forums

>We've successfully diversified our lineup by getting rid of most of the white males, but we still have this blonde white male. What should we do with him?
>Make him actual Nazi.

The guy who did that edit seems to lean mostly left.

Outside of the handful of people that get triggered by anything where a straight white man is the villain because they think it's "clearly an attack on Trump," almost everyone that's complaining about this book is tumblr as fuck.

Did you miss the memo? The pendulum is swinging again, and it's your views that are unpopular and outdated now. How does it feel?

better version

Old America wasn't great either

How the fuck is that Sup Forums?

He's just shitposting, user.

Someone clue me in on this, since I haven't read the adventures of Captain Hydra.

Why didn't Cap just run for office? He'd easily win, and come into power legitimately. I mean, what kind of nazi-loving faggot would vote against Captain motherfucking America? Hell, even nazi-loving faggots would vote for him since he has the backing of Hydra now.

Nazism will never be popular. Sorry, your orange dictator is about to be impeached. See you in the recall election.

This feels like Injustice with the condescension cranked up to 110

Looking at the cover, are people actually embracing Hydra?

It's Marvel Earth. Everyone is insane there.

Big event retardation. You must have your quota of fights and violence, even if you have to be extra stupid to do it.

Not really least from what some stuff shows. What else you gonna do when they'll murder you.

Yeah, everyone is super hyped hydra took over

Didn't Dr. Faust put chemicals in the water to make the population more docile?

But even before this, the average joe in a Marvel comic was at least proto-fascist. Just look at how they treated Mutants.

>come into power legitimately
He did come into power legitimately. He was chosen to be the new Director of SHIELD and Congress passed a bill wherein the Director of SHIELD would be given emergency executive and military powers in times of absolute crisis. It was a horrible idea, but they figured that Steve Rogers is the only person in the world that could be trusted with that much power.

They were wrong.

Why wouldn't they?
>mutants shipped off to their own country
>inhumans put in concentration camps
>no more superhero fights tearing up the streets
>villains and monsters being put the fuck down when they step out of line instead of just incarcerated for a week before they break out
>Yaas Queen and her band of alien cronies exiled from Earth
>trains running on time
Steve is giving the Marvel civilians everything they've ever wanted.

>Mutant country = Israel

MIND BLOWN

NAZIS SUPPORT ISRAEL

Sounds nice, Hydra should become a political party; bet they would win.

Retards.

If Captain America told me Hydra are actually the good guys and the current government was corrupt and inept I would probably believe him.

the more Marvel puts out big events like this, the more I think that the MU civilians are too stupid to live.

It would be wildly out of character and the superhero community would be suspicious. He had to pull a Sheev just to become director of SHIELD.

I agree....but still....

>wordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswords

>I have zero attention span and cannot appreciate good monologues

Brevity is the soul of wit.

>I have an inferiority complex whose need to be nursed by defiant gestures made by cartoons is more important than well-paced dialogue or digestible design sensibilities.

>Sup Forums
Christ, you're stupid.

This, pretty much.

It's why Steve was basically the one hero that could actually pull this shit off.

The go to excuse when you cant be fucked to read more than a paragraph

It seemed to work for years with Morning Glories, so he's doing it again. Seriously though, every issue of that ends with a "THIS WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING!!1!!!" moment that never feels deserved.

S-shut up! Tom was my first friend!

That's because it is. Only this one is canon so we actually have to deal with the consequences for God knows how long afterwards

So in the new Marvel universe Civil War still happened? What was the point of deleting the 616 then?

Was it a retcon or did she forget?

Isn't it true that Joey Q was butthurt that people didn't like her rant and demanded none of the writers to make her look bad?

Is this your headcanon? Because Jenkins did decide to run with her as a joke afterwards.

>the new Marvel universe
The new Marvel universe is an exact recreation of the last one. Nothing changed. Not a single thing.

The FF are gone and Doom is good are the only changes right?

Obviously it's a fucking retcon. It would make her look 500% more stupid if she thought asking about Myspace was a good idea in 2017.

Maybe Spencer wants Twitter to die like Myspace too?

Those aren't "changes" though, because the FF were still around up until Secret Wars and Doom was still evil up until Secret Wars. The universe basically picked up the way it was at the moment of its destruction because Reed recreated it exactly as it was when it was destroyed.

The only "change" was Miles now being part of 616, but again, he wasn't added in until after Secret Wars.

And let me guess?

Sally Floyd is STILL going to be depicted as absolutely right.

OK, fuck you Spencer for making dig up this oldie that I thought I'd retired.

>Leading
>Captain America
He is a shit leader, only reason he is relevant in the MU is because of that big A on his forehead.

>fighting nazis armed with cosmic cubes
Now he IS the nazi armed with cosmic cubes.

Summer is indeed here....

I hope Spencer pulls this card during the issue.
His deconstruction of Tony in The Oath is my favorite part of his entire Captain America run.

Plenlty if other characters added in.

what issues do i have to read to get in tune?

Added in, yes. But not retroactively added in. They were added in as multiversal refugees and additions to the universe from the point of Secret Wars on. Old Man Logan wasn't ALWAYS in 616. He ended up in 616 during the timeskip. Same with the various others like Jimmy Hudson.