youtube.com/watch?v=RZpJeuXo2CY

Other urls found in this thread:

arrow.wikia.com/wiki/Meta-human#Meta-human_status_unclear
youtube.com/watch?v=V8o-ZYI5ofg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_Choi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>held as a mid-season replacement
>Not included in next multi-series crossover
>Is being given a shit timeslot when it is on.

DOA.

Looks pretty gud

The Cast.

JEFFERSON PIERCE / BLACK LIGHTNING (Cress Williams)

>A former 3-time gold medal decathlon winner who is now principal of a high school in South Central Los Angeles. A father figure to his students and hero to the local community, Jefferson is charming, charismatic, smart, and has both warmth and humor. He is devoted to his two daughters and remains deeply in love with his ex-wife Lynn. He also has a great passion for justice and a quick temper that he has spent years learning how to control. Behind his model citizen image, however, he hides a great secret: He was once a meta-human vigilante with the power to manipulate electricity, who made a choice to hang up his suit and his secret identity years ago to protect his family. But with a star student being recruited by a local gang and a daughter hellbent on justice, Jefferson is pulled back into the fight as the wanted vigilante and crimefighting legend — Black Lightning.

shit, this looks actually fun

LYNN STEWART (Christine Adams)

>Jefferson's ex-wife, Lynn exudes confidence and intelligence. Beautiful, but not to be trifled with, she can exhibit both great emotional depth as well as a flirtatious, mischievous side. Although life has drove her away from Jefferson, they share an unique bond and are both wholeheartedly dedicated to their daughters, Anissa and Jennifer.

Looks like Thunder and Lightning will be showing up in later episodes!

ANISSA PIERCE (Nefassa Williams)

>Jefferson's elder daughter. Beautiful, quick-witted and intelligent, as well as intense and passionate. Anissa has great respect for her father and balances the demands of medical school with her duties as a part-time teacher at Jefferson’s school. Bearing the same strong sense of justice as Jefferson, Anissa is determined to protect her students from the Los Angeles's criminal underworld, even if it puts her life on the line.

JENNIFER PIERCE (China Anne McClain)

>Jefferson’s younger daughter and a beautiful and agile scholar athlete. She is a student at Jefferson's school and the entitled feminist of the Pierce family. Independent and outspoken with a wild streak, Jennifer doesn't hesitate in the face of danger, and sometimes appears to throw herself in its way, to Jefferson's consternation.

He had his powers before the Particle Accelerator exploded?

>his lighthing isn't black
Aw man, that was one of the cooler New52 changes

Reminder that it's not part of the Arrowverse

>"We do not aim to do a five-way crossover," Pedowitz said. "Black Lightning, at this time, is not part of the Arrowverse. It is a separate situation. But there will be a big fourth quarter crossover with all four of the shows that are on in the fall."

>Black Lightning is the only one of the five superhero shows to debut midseason and the only one to film in Atlanta, as opposed to Vancouver.

Looks surprisingly decent.

>only one to film in Atlanta, as opposed to Vancouver.
How much more will that cost them? Everyone's shooting in Vancouver nowadays cause it costs peanuts

All 4 of them are smart, just described in different ways. Yet I bet they will all act like dumbasses like other CW people.

yeah, it's dead

I see some of the CW pitfalls, but it has a LOT of promise. Here's to hoping it's the first good CW cape show.

Looks like Luke Cage but fun.

>at this time

Like how Arrow would never have metas or magic, right?

There's a number of metas with other (sometimes unexplained) sources of powers, like Deathbolt, half of the Justice Society...

arrow.wikia.com/wiki/Meta-human#Meta-human_status_unclear

>Reminder that it's not part of the Arrowverse
Not being in a crossover doesn't mean it's not set in the same world. These guys just don't have any connection to the the others, so there would be no reason for them to meet up for a crossover.

Good. It has a chance to not go off the rails.

>at this time

See Supergirl. They'll see if it's popular, then it gets crossovers.

On Arrowverse we've had a trickle of people who had powers before and independent of the particle accelerator.

Legends showed us a few going as far back as WWII magical or otherwise.

Its more likely that this show takes place on Supergirl's earth, or yet another splinter earth.

Or that Supergirl or Constantine wouldn't be part of the CWverse.

>He acts like cwseed is a part of the universe

you're such a joke.

They lazily reused the background from LoT promo arts.

Looks decent (I'm getting a Meteor Man kind of feel from this) but they obviously don't have faith in it being a success if they don't want it to be part of the Arrowverse yet. Still having a black superhero that doesn't feel forced is always good

It is though. They referenced meeting modern age Vixen in the shows after they met her in the cartoon series.
And Constantine was showed up in Arrow, and Flash and Supergirl have met many times.

Hopefully they can turn Black Lightning into a cool character, because he's really a C-lister to most casual fans .

John was in Arrow, and CWSeed's animated shows are canon, they take place in the break between seasons I think.

They literally referenced it when Vixen appeared in live-action. The voice actress was cast specifically in such a way that she could get a later live action appearance.

Thats pretty solid, too bad its on the CW.

This is the one thing I agree with you on, he doesn't feel like black wally or jax to me, so hopefully it does succeed.

They're not giving it a good start though.

As long as supernatural exists, your show is staying in obscureland.

How long until DC buys Supernatural and makes it DC canon?

>supernatural comic by
Simon Oliver
>constantine showing up in Supernatural

I'm looking forward to it. That actually got me excited

I'm pretty sure the WB already owns it, and they already have supplemental materials out there.

Supernatural premiered in 2005 on WB network.

Looks like it will be the best and the shortest CW capeshit show

I was on the fence until he actually started fighting, looks awful

>Hey Joe West is a hit and really well liked
>Let's just have a show with him as the lead
>Who in the funny books fit the bill
>Berlanti: say no more

I'm psyched as fuck lads, it has everything I want, even a more sensible portrayal of problems in the black community

Riverdale has Rebirth posters here and there. CW probably does easter egg style promotions

Fuck yeah, another cool blackdad coming up.

Atlanta has tax credits that make it cheap like Vancouver.

>The 100 gang
Ted and Jaime are going to appear, right?

WB already owns it. DC published the prequel comics.

This looks pretty well done for a CW superhero show.

Though, tbf, so did the Flash and Arrow in their first seasons. For some reason, they always have a ton of creativity in the 1st season that gets lost by the 3rd.

That's the same lab as Barry's crime lab
Man the more show they make the more obvious it gets

>Not included in next multi-series crossover
So what's the point then?

>Ted and Jaime are going to appear, right?
Why not?

>His enemy is The 100

Tobias Whale confirmed. I'd love to see them make him work. Also possibly Merlyn later on, and Cylcotronic Man.

That short was great, lots of those shorts could have been shows.

this user is right

it looks really good, especially for a CW show, but the cast being mostly black means it likely won't pick up as big an audience as the other CW cape shows

hopefully it'll last longer than Constantine though

My thoughts
>his original costume looks better than the 2017 version
>the LED in the 2017 costume is really cheap looking
>something very corny about MUH GANGS, reminds me of Meteor Man
He gets some actual rogues with powers, right?
>acting doesn't seem great, see "I'm not afraid of the 100" and daughter narration
heh, I just realized the CW has a show called The 100
>the effects look shit
I guess I was expecting something that looks like The Flash's lightning, not bright sparkly mist that borders on magical looking

oh boy another pile of shit from DC

here's hoping it gets cancelled

>zero Oscars

Looks better than Supergirl, Arrow and Flash

No one said anything about Constantine's show coming back. Just that he and Vixen are canonically part of the Arrowverse.

I am cautiously optimistic

no razzies either

and in June we'll be the only one without any bombs

He's getting a CWseed cartoon though

top kek, you can't help it, can you?

Lay off of him, man. He's just defending the heroes he connects with.

That looks REALLY good
By the way, there's a rumor that it won't be set in the same universe as the other shows, that's kinda retarded, why not?

Is there even source material for this to be longer than 12 episodes?

read

Yes? Black Lightning has a lot of good stories dude

I can see some logic to keeping it separate from the other shows

Let it stand as its own show, develop its own history and characters and style.

That way you don't get questions like "Why doesn't he just call Flash or Superman for help?"

If they say it's set in the same universe, there's going to be calls for crossovers right away. Might as well let it walk on it's own first since there's literally nothing that's going to stop them from connecting it with the rest of the CWverse later and saying it's happening because of fan demand.

more than there is for Legends of Tomorrow

Is this DC's response to Luke Cage?

>Black Lightning, at this time, is not part of the Arrowverse
Why the fuck is that? There's no reason why it wouldn't be set in the same universe, we don't have to have the other heroes show up yet but at least let the possibility exist
ffs

probably

all they do is steal from marvel and they always do it badly

The joke is that he's a ripoff

>acknowledging black on black crime
It'll get shitted on by critics.

The possibility always exist the moment multiverse got introduced
They probably just want to test the waters and see if the show can stand on its own legs. Didn't work for Supergirl, but it might work for BL

Supergirl gets dragged down by her peanut galley, in a lot of the same way flash does.

>Reminder that it's not part of the Arrowverse
It'll happen later.

Deathstroke is mentioned in the exact picture you posted. It's not meant to be subtle.

> Ctrl-f
>No "we wuz black lightning and shizz"
>No "dindu"
I'm pleasantly surprised, /co

So who are the essential villains this show will use?

why is supergirl raising her hand up is she groping a ghost?

You know they're eventually going to do a Crisis to combine all this shit anyway right?

>that trailer

Wow, Mad TV was right on the money

youtube.com/watch?v=V8o-ZYI5ofg

She's BTFOing Barry in Injustice.

>Implying implications

Supernatural has established the existence of the multiverse.

I can't think of anyone besides Tobias Whale.

>not a single BMWF relationship

It's shit.

>bear mode Black Dad
I want him to hold me

I want you to get aids.

>constantine showing up in Supernatural
"That's my coat ya wanker"

Just wait until Anissa's friend Grace shows up

I want to say the costume looks like shit, and I still think it's a bit overdesigned, but the illuminated lightning bolts really make it work

Also in general, the trailer looked nice. I like that we aren't going to have yet another origin story and "learning how to play hero" story. The retired superhero angle is pretty good here, I like it.

pleasantly surprised.

My one complaint is that the 100 is now apparently a black street gang instead of a proper mafia secret society.

Otherwise, looking alright.

>>A former 3-time gold medal decathlon winner
Well then... that's a bit excessive. I think he only managed 2 in the comics.

That wasn't a change. That was a thing as far back as the Outsiders.

BTW, I want Team Black Lightning to have Outsiders in it. A triple Decathlete Gold Medalist would be able to hangout with royalty, easily.

>>"We do not aim to do a five-way crossover,

Supergirl has barely participated in crossovers as a show, already.

>dad
>I want you to get aids.
Even when anons fetishize the "assimilated" ones huh?

Dyke? I'm in

I like the premise, but the acting seems terrible.

Seems like yet another miss from CW. I used to look forward to Flash, but now its all shit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_Choi
Asian-American Amazon

>no John Constantine in the shot
We were promised more John tho.

pretty hot senpai, is she already casted? I can't think of any tall asian-american actresses desu