The people that like this movie aren't Spider-Man fans. They're just Sam Raimi fans

The people that like this movie aren't Spider-Man fans. They're just Sam Raimi fans.

Spider-Man is the worst superhero.

Fine by me

You can say that about any superhero movie adaption. They don't make these movies for the fans, they make them for the people who don't read comics.

>Spider-Man is the worst superhero.

t. nigger

You say that like it's a bad thing. I'd rather being a fan of an actual artist who makes good material rather than just a corporate owned character trapped in a never ending story written by hundreds of people, most of which are shit. Even in comics I only care about Batman, Superman, or any of this other shit when an interesting and talented writer and artist are working on them. Otherwise you're just slurping up an endless stream of shit with no thought about it.

spiderman 2 captures the feeling of a comic book more than any other movie

The Sam Raimi Spider-Man films were made before Marvel movies went full retard--you don't have to watch 10 bad movies to make sense of the first one. It's acceptable for the same reasons the first Iron Man film is acceptable: no stupid bullshit about a 'cinematic universe,' it's just a movie about a guy in tights beating up another guy in a dumb costume, and it doesn't pretend to be more.

fair enough but raimi is basically the father of capekino - he paved the way!

The raimi films are the only good spiderman movies

How so? I've read Spider-man comics my whole life, and still do even after years of Slott, but I still like the Sam Raimi movies. They capture the important parts of the character, don't change too much too drastically, and are just extremely well made films in general.

I'm not gonna lie, the reason why I watched the spiderman movies Sam Raimi, he's one of my favorite directors.

Why do comicbook fans have to be so passive aggressive all the time as if everyone hasn't picked up a funnybook or two. The gatekeeping is obnoxious. It's not like they're being smug about a single series, you're being smug about something that's been morphed in every direction over half a century.

Fuck off retard, raimi captured the spirit of the lee/dikto/romita runs better than anyone else

The last rami movie sucked but is still better than the last 3 Spiderman films

>go to movie
>enjoy it
*slurps slushie*

Comic book plots are fucking retarded.

>talented director makes entertaining movie for all

wouldn't it be nice for everyone if this happened more often

Bananas in Pyjamas?

absolutely,
I hate the mcu and I hated the amazing spiderman and homecoming.
but I love the raimi spidermans and evil dead and the grudge

Tom Holland is the best Spider Man

homecoming was trash

It's a version of Spider-Man that they like. It's a legitimate iteration of it, though different than the one die-hard comics fans are used to.

It's not like various reboots/alternate universe versions of Spider-Man in the comics is exactly the same each time.

Spider-Man 1 and 2 are the most true to the character.

In the TASM films he's too attractive and confident from the start, and he cares too much about dad.
In Homecoming they turned him into a generic naive kid.

Sam Raimi is a self-confessed huge spidey comics fan though.
Also since characters change over time, what is close to comics from the 60s might not be close to 2010s comics.
See Batman; Burton's 89 film was really close to early 40s Batman.

contrarian Sup Forums at its finest

Homecoming was the most true to character
Raimi version was the version that remembered that comics are supposed to be fun
TASM was a marketing person's idea of what a comic fan would want

>so called Spider-man fan can't even tell Raimi was doing Silver Age Spider-man

>Peter doing the Saturday Night Fever strut in Spiderman 3
Truly the best

>homecoming was trash

hey, if you like it when black people in movies tell you that you're racist, that's fine

I saw Spiderman. I clapped. Direction, style, tone, action, themes, motifs, dialogue, music,... Doesn't matter. I saw Spiderman. I like Marvel.

What is name again Sup Forums?

Homecoming wasn't true to the character at all, they turned Peter into a slightly awkward generic kid. He was more Steven Universe and Miles Morales than Peter Parker.

And Tony Stark was the Uncle Ben stand in. Fuck that movie.

>tfw want to watch Spider-Man 1 but only have it on VHS

they turned Peter into... Peter Parker, as a high school kid.
unless you're thinking of adult Peter Parker with a kid and experience (which wouldn't make sense here), Homecoming Peter was true to character
You can complain about the movie, but if you say it's not true to character, you likely aren't familiar with the character to begin with.

just because it fits an stereotypical archetype doesn't mean it's true to character

except in this movie, where Peter is true to character

Nothing from capeshit comes close to the joy i've experienced watching the first two Spider-Man movies. They're not just good superhero movies (I won't call them capeshit because they're not), they're good movies in general.

>nuh-uh
well I can't argue with that

Someone post the uncle ben Vietnam pasta

Same reason Sheev Palpatine is so enjoyable. It's just so hammy, in the best way.

Going full hammy can be great, but is risky to do and can very easily go wrong. Like in SM3, where they went too far in a few places. Or Jeremy Irons in the first live action Dungeons & Dragons movie.

Spider-Man 2 was classic Ditko/Lee Spidey.

>nuh-uh
>well, nuh-uh
same thing back and forth, mate. you never had an argument to begin with other than "nuh-uh".

Nigga I graduated high school this year I know for a fact Peter Parker wouldn't act like that foh
Putting him in a smart private school was also fucking retarded
Peter Parker can not be a popular kid, which he was in Homecoming

>t. never read a comic
YOU wouldn't act like that. Peter Parker would.

>Peter Parker can not be a popular kid, which he was in Homecoming
That's the opposite of what Peter Parker is, wtf? I don't plan on watching dumb capeshits like Homecoming, but really? They made Peter popular?

you never had an argument to begin with other than "it's good because it's generic"

Peter wasn't popular in the movie. He just had a few friends, and he was part of a debate club (and not everyone in it even liked him). He was regularly made fun of.

>nuh-uh, now I'm going to say you said something you never said
this was a great conversation

>Missing everything else I said in my post because of "projecting"

Not popular exactly, but very well liked and respected. He goes to a private school for Science so he's just one smart kid out of many. The only person that makes fun of him is Flash and Flash only has any social power because he's rich, he and his jokes about Peter weren't even appreciated.

you're saying it right there

You didn't say anything of substance. Not ignoring, just nothing to speak of.

You said some false things, and you also said some things were bad without giving a reason, or saying why it is not true to character.

>still saying you said thing you never said
You're the one projecting and saying anything about it being generic, which it wasn't.
It's okay to be wrong, user. I'm done wasting my time with someone who just wants to use strawmen and has not made a single valid argument yet.

>"it's good because it's generic"
where in there does it say "it's good because it's generic"?

he says in that it's good because he's like a typical highschooler instead of being like peter

it doesn't say "he's like a typical highschooler"
it says "it's Peter Parker, as a highschool kid"
as in "like Peter Parker would act as a high school kid, and not as a grown adult with a child"

A Peter Parker that
>goes to a private school full of other smart kids
>is well liked and respected by his peers
>has multiple friends
>doesn't care about Uncle Ben
is not Peter Parker.

Ned was a copy and pasted version of Ganke from Ultimate Comics, and you know why? Because Peter in this movie was white Miles Morales. Even Peter's character arc in the movie is stolen from Miles Morales.

Peter Parker is not an excitable naive kid. During the high school years, he was a meek guilt ridden loner, like in the Raimi films.

The train scene from Spider-Man 2 is still kino as fuck.

>like in the Raimi films.
that was an extreme exaggeration of the loser Peter character. The Raimi films were a super hammed up version of Spider-Man. They were great, just not true to character.

Peter is well liked and respected by a FEW peers, not all of them. He wasn't a complete loser in the comics, he was a mild loser, that managed to date some of the hottest women around pretty regularly (homecoming is going about this pretty mildly in this aspect as well).

You don't know that he doesn't care about Uncle Ben, because it hasn't been addressed (which is a valid complaint; Marvel shouldn't be afraid to touch it just because it's been seen so many times due to this being the 3rd version of the characters on screen).

There isn't any reason why being in a private school has any bearing on the character, unless your entire basis of the character is Raimi's version of the character.

You have to admit the CGI and cinematography in Homecoming was fucking legendary.

cgi spiderman looked like a ps1 cutscene.
it's been a running joke in my family about how shit he looked since the film came out

Being in a private school full of science nerds makes him much less of an outcast. Everybody in Homecoming's version of Midtown seemed liked a weirdo.

Peter's meekness in the Raimi films may have been exaggerated, but it still felt more authentic to the character.
>He wasn't a complete loser in the comics, he was a mild loser
In the original first few comics Peter was a borderline school shooter that got extremely riled up over lame inane comments and almost let Flash get killed. He had an /r9k/ mindset.
>You don't know that he doesn't care about Uncle Ben,
He didn't care about him within the context of the film and that's complete shit for a movie that's essentially an origin film.

And the reason why I keep bringing all of this up is to reinforce them turning him into Miles Morales who
>Is a generic excitable young kid
>Goes to a private school
>Has a fat Asian best friend
>First story arc is about trying to be taken seriously as teen a hero

bump

At least he retconned the web thing for the better

>the tensile strength is off the charts. Who manifactured it?
>I did

He's a poorfag, how does he find the tools he needs and the ingredients to make that super sturdy web? Straight out of his body makes more sense.