I would consider myself a Moore and Gaiman fan...

I would consider myself a Moore and Gaiman fan, so the idea Marvelman/Miracleman was being reprinted so that I'd actually be able to read and collect it sounded pretty great, however I'm not sure what exactly ever happened with this and I haven't been able to find much of an answer with Google.

Apparently they only reprinted up through the Golden Age, but they cut out an entire storyline from the release? And then were set to release the Silver Age this year, but haven't actually said anything about it? And what happened with Gaiman finally finishing his run? He made a foundation, sued McFarlane and has seemed pretty interested in getting it done for like 25 years, now that the rights have been secured and his run was announced I can't find anything about him actually doing it?

What happened?

Globalist shills in Marvel editorial scrapped all future Miracleman projects when Britain voted to leave the EU.

They're still trying to find time to work on "The Silver Age" segment. Gaiman's probably busy with a lot of stuff. Didn't American Gods get made into a TV show?

And the other problem is that the individual Miracleman comics were low-selling since there wasn't as much hype at the time, so they probably decided to low-prioritize it. It's weird considering it's Moore and Gaiman work, but part of the problem is they can't use Moore's name on it.

>Didn't American Gods get made into a TV show?
Yeah, and he's also working on another American Gods Novella before writing a full length sequel.

All of which will be incorporated into seasons of the show.

Did the collected versions sell well at least? Why the missing story arc in the Golden Age?

And if Moore's no name was the issue, they're on Gaiman's stuff now anyway, so wouldn't it pick up?
>Yeah, and he's also working on another American Gods Novella before writing a full length sequel.
>All of which will be incorporated into seasons of the show.
Wonder how he'd feel about that time if the show flops.

>Wonder how he'd feel about that time if the show flops.

He's apparently been planning on writing the sequel for ages, his clause on the inclusion/tie to the show is that they not beat him to it. Each season will apparently cover 1/4th of the book

Good riddance. It was awfully recolored and censored.

What was censored?

>Why the missing story arc in the Golden Age?

Which was the missing story again?

"Retrieval", which I know nothing about.

I heard there were some pending legal issues as well.

Even more? What the fuck is up with this series?

Retrival was the story where Miracleman retrieves Young Miracleman's body. It's really a prologue to The Silver Age arc so it didn't need to be included with the Golden Age arc.

For one thing you had people who didn't actually own the rights sell the rights.

Yeah, but I thought that had been cleared up.

Fawcett creates Captain Marvel

Mike Anglo creates Marvelman, a british Captain Marvel rip-off

DC sues Captain Marvel for being a Superman rip-off

Fawcett goes out of business and DC buys up the rights

DC doesn't use Captain marvel until the 70s so Marvel creates their own Captain marvel in the 60s

Warrior Magazine hires Alan Moore to do a gritty reboot of Marvelman in the 80s

Morrison sells a 5 page Miracleman story to be put in as a back-up but Moore takes offense to this and sends Morrison a letter threatening him to never touch Miracleman or else he will ruin his career; the story is never published and the Moore vs. Morrison fued begins

Warrior goes under and Eclipse buys rights from Warrior to continue and republish the run

Marvel sues Eclipse to the Marvelman name saying it's infringing on their Captain Marvel/Marvel trademark

Eclipse/Moore change name to Miracleman; Moore and Eclipse share rights to the character

Moore's run ends and sells his share of the rights to Gaiman who continues the run with Eclipse

Eclipse goes under before Gaiman ever finishes the run

Todd MacFarlane co-creates Image Comics, which is a creator owned publisher where any creations are owned by the creators

MacFarlane hires big time writers to do some Spawn issues to hype up Spawn as a big deal; gets Gaiman to write an issue wherein he creates the character Angela; that MacFarlane continues to use throughout the run

MacFarlane buys Eclipse’s character rights

MacFarlane makes a Miracleman toy which alerts Gaiman who has a problem with this since Gaiman owns half the rights and has been wanting to finish his run for years

Gaiman creates the Miracle Foundation, a company whose sole purpose is to get the rights back from MacFarlane so Gaiman can finish his run

Gaiman does a bunch of marvel comics, specifically 1602 and Eternals, for Marvel where all the money he made goes straight into the Miracle Foundation

With the money Gaiman made from Marvel, he sues MacFarlane for the rights to Miracleman using the fact that technically Gaiman owned the rights to Angela who macFarlane had been using without Gaiman’s permission since under Image’s contract, the creator of the character owns it, planning on basically forcing MacFarlane to trade Miracleman for Angela

During the lawsuit, it’s revealed that Warrior had NEVER bought the rights from Mike Anglo, meaning Eclipse never actually bought the rights, meaning MacFarlane never actually bought the rights, and the rights to the character were STILL with Mike Anglo

Marvel EiC Joe Quesada finds this out and immediately goes to Anglo to buy the rights

Gaiman, now stuck with Angela from the lawsuit without Miracleman to show for it, sells Angela to Marvel in exchange for getting to finish his run

Marvel goes to Alan Moore to tell him they’re going to be reprinting his run and Moore, disgusted after finding out that he had been illegally writing Miracleman all those years, wants nothing to do with it and says Marvel can do whatever they want but that he doesn’t want his name on any of it because he doesn’t want to be associated with it anymore, giving all the royalties from the Moore issues to the Mike Anglo estate instead to pay him back for never having had the writes originally.

Marvel then can’t use Moore’s name, and has to call him The Original Writer; and Angela is integrated into Marvel canon as Thor’s long lost sister

Quesada goes to Morrison and says that he’ll publish Morrison’s never published story

Quesada does the art and the story, which Morrison had held onto the script for all these years, is published in the first new miracleman comic called All-new Miracleman Annual

Gaiman’s run starts in September, and the never published issues will start in April

This was clearly written in 2015 or early 16, does not answer anything.

Nigger was replaced with N-----.

Holy shit, someone saved my copy-pasta. I assumed it was lost to time after one of the archive sites lost a chunk of posts, including any with that one. Thanks, user. Now I never have to go through the trouble of re-writing it.

Yeah, I wrote that up back in early 2015, I think. I don't know what that other user is talking about regarding more legal issues, and the originally solicited Silver Age issues were scrapped, presumably because Gaiman didn't have time to finish his run and they weren't going to bother releasing Silver Age if they were just going to have to go on hiatus half-way through.

>Marvel goes to Alan Moore to tell him they’re going to be reprinting his run and Moore, disgusted after finding out that he had been illegally writing Miracleman all those years, wants nothing to do with it and says Marvel can do whatever they want but that he doesn’t want his name on any of it because he doesn’t want to be associated with it anymore, giving all the royalties from the Moore issues to the Mike Anglo estate instead to pay him back for never having had the writes originally.

Moore is a real nigga.

Gaiman has said a couple of times on social media that the reason Marvel suspended publication of "The Silver Age" is because they became aware of more unresolved contractual issues. Marvel thought that all the legal issues had been resolved before they started republishing Miracleman back in 2014 - but then they became aware of another issue that hadn't been dealt with, and they delayed publication while they sorted it out.

That was over a year ago now. It wouldn't surprise me if it turned out that Mick Anglo didn't own the Marvelman rights after all, and Marvel are facing another lawsuit to retain ownership. Equally, it could be something easier to resolve - for example that they've realised they don't have the rights for Gaiman to use some of the related intellectual properties (Big Ben, the Warpsmiths) that he needs to continue the series.

Yeah I thought it was just because he hated the company from his time at Marvel UK, I know he threw a fit when Claremont wanted to use a character from his Captain Britain run

>Thanks, user
Thank you for writing it, glad having it somewhere helped you.

>presumably because Gaiman didn't have time to finish his run and they weren't going to bother releasing Silver Age if they were just going to have to go on hiatus half-way through.
The hell is he doing now though? He put out a book on Norse Mythology and I guess he'd have some involvement in the show, but I didn't think he'd said much about actually doing those American Gods sequels other than when the show was announced.

>clause on the inclusion/tie to the show is that they not beat him to it
Good to see Neil's not gonna fall for the same trap as George RR Martin.