exactly this.

This fucking guy is actually serious.

Consider hanging yourself my dude.

>someone has to emotionally and physically abuse you to be a good teacher
No.

>this post
nice way to start the year with retardism

youtu.be/qCV_sqyV43c

Maybe but who fucking cares, when I saw smashing pumpkins in 1997 jommy chamberlain came out and did a 10 min drum solo, not even sure how he pulled that shit off but it was great.

NOT

Was he supposed to be representative of the retard teachers who act like school is everything?

is this supposed to be a good example of drumming? She is fucking terrible and is completely off tempo

You're so brain dead. Do you have any valid opinions about anything? Or do you enjoy being spoonfed?

I care
youtube.com/watch?v=O_aUuzMeLkM

>emotionally and physically abuse you
if that's all you took from this, then your assessment says a whole hell of a lot about you specifically and absolutely nothing about your ability to see outside of your abuse.
the movie is about the sacrifice to become one of the best. Your ability to recognize this quite obvious fact only speaks to your unconscious realization that such a thing, being recognizably good at something, will never be possible for you.

sometimes I wish I was deaf instead

plebs
youtube.com/watch?v=QyDRwVWbGXc
youtube.com/watch?v=4NxFkbAczLE
youtube.com/watch?v=BH11YFqMoB0

it was overracting and literally unwatchable. for some reason this fact angers redditors

Welcome to Sup Forums newfriend

That’s why bands with a good drummer always have ten minute drum solos in their sets.

Sounds like, by your own admission, it angers you, user.

he was just bullying him and trying to break him, that doesn't seem like overreacting to me

Agreed. This movie is pure reddit. I watched it and was wondering why it was so critically acclaimed amongst critics and Sup Forums.

what about that sounded angry to you? b8 harder

it was horrible. would never happen irl. if somebody got that angry over fucking music, they'd be sent to the loony bin where they belong

shills gonna shill

>what about that sounded angry to you? b8 harder
The fact you admitted to getting so riled up over the acting you literally could not watch the movie. That sounds pretty angry my dude. Who gets angry at movies? Like just turn off the movie

>This movie is pure reddit
when will these faggots ever realize that this statement is by far the easiest way to identify them?

I did turn it off. because i didn't like it. nothing about that implied anger. stop projecting

He's a real man

>people are actually complaining about Simmons's character
What the fuck, who watches movies to see average joes?

The thumbnail made it seem like it'd be a thread about I am Legend

you do seem irritated t bh

different user btw

he was taking a different approach to music. He wanted players to not slack and take the work seriously. I am sure a real teacher wouldn't keep a job acting like that, but then again, what if a few do, but the students just don't report it, maybe because they feel the teacher was helping them by doing thatm

no he doesn't t bh

different user btw

Then why post at all? Are you angry that people like it? Non-angry people don't go into threads about 3 year old movies to shitpost and bait. They just ignore the threads.

>talking about it means you're bitter and angry
>you're only allowed to comment on movies you enjoyed

If he didn't want the "abuse" then he could have walked away. In fact noting would have made the Simmon's character happier then for everyone in his band that didn't want perfection to stop wasting his time.

It was a good movie, it was about how extreme perfectionism turns you into an unlikable prick. Both the teacher and the student were pieces of shit.

>you dont get it you need the abuse and screaming because sacrifice and pain to be the best and be on le tempo

bitches

youtube.com/watch?v=T1j1_aeK6WA

Real men don't use violence

For newfags who wants to get enlightened by what music really is just listen to nature and stop hearing goochi gang for a hundred times you have to expand your ears and hear all kinds of sounds see what rhymes with your life and stick with it like hot wax on your ass cheeks and when it's fucking done rip that shit out like a motherfucker then you will know what's up free your mind and your ass will follow

Digusting

>yfw he is such a nice guy he wold apologize between takes for yelling at the other actors so much

>that would never happen
I can tell you from personal experience that this does happen. Passion isn’t insanity. But it’s close.

that's the point retard

why have i never heard of this movie before? is it total shit?

its ok

>"just music"
>a talentless mong you could spend 20 life times and still not master a single instrument

It’s an accurate but over exaggerated showcase of what college music is like at the highest levels.

Probably because you're a newfag or mouthbreather. Might be both. There were loads of whiplash threads when it was released.

except other drummers and their spouses.

It was the second to third best picture of 2014 and one of the biggest memes of the two years after.

Damn no wonder Peter treated him like shit in 3.

I'm watching american horror story right now with my wife while browsing this board. She was a first chair flute player in uni.
I read you post, and then read it out loud to her along with the OP. We have both watched the movie before.
She told me you were wrong and have no idea what you are talking about. Professors have their own things to do. There are many amazing players that can self motivate, and they have better things to do than stalk students and harass them into being better.
The professor would have been better off using that time and energy to compose his own work or practice his own playing. The idea that he would waste his time with a student like that, is because the world revolves around the main character in the same way that it does around harry potter. i.e, its not real.

>THERE'S NO POT OF GOLD DOWN THERE

I liked this movie because it was very relateable for me. Ive played drums too and had a zealous teacher. He used to say: "No one is allowed to waste my time, but me" Go home and practice some more you dumb shit.

>Posting about a movie you admit to turning off and not watching all the way through
>not angry about something
I said nothing about whats allowed or not? When I see you act like you're angry I'm going to assume you're angry.

remember my band director through a chair through a window to the office in the band room when he got super angry at us
from what I hear from other former band kids, this really isn't too weird an occurrence. There's something fucking weird with people into teaching/directing music and aggressive behavior, don't know why.

Apparently John Williams is chill as fuck, though, and talks like an old jazz guy

I see you never had a difficult boss op.

people get really upset and stressed out and throw it at their subordinates all the time.

you mean trombone.
no one cares about trombone, not even the trombonists. The quieter the brass the better the piece.

>Go home and practice some more you dumb shit.
Neighbors are threatening to kick my ass so i cant.

Kick their ass

Yeah she didn’t go to a conservatory, she literally has no idea what that environment is like.

You don't have to be a beta and take abuse to be great

>at a show earlier
>intense song
>see drummer drop his drumstick
>he casually grabs another from his bag and keeps going, nobody notices
Lel, andrew could not handle his shit at all.

Actually many composers say trombone is the most sacred and powerful instrument of the winds.

>She was a first chair flute player in uni.
The local community college != an actual top tier university, user.

looks impressive doesn't sound good though.
like drums without anything else what is this african tribal shit from 3000bc?

>wind instruments

but its brass

>some professor at a music college
>not mediocre

>which i havr named the "epic" one
wow reddit much??

i barely read your poast and I know it is complete newfag bullshit. tell your wife she is dumb. and tell yourself to never poast here again.

litterally who.

I bet he knows less about music than a freshman in music theory.

>t. retard that doesn't know that trombone is brass and not wind

Yeah, anything that uses air is a wind instrument. Woodwinds are things with reeds + flute and piccolo.

It fits the song.

next you'll tell me a piano is string.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_instrument
Out of your depth, boys.

Poor bait

BTFO

He doesn't teach musicians he teaches artists

and pianos?

hes not wrong though

>ANDREW I WANT YOU TO HIT THOSE DRUMS HARDER THAN THE PLANES HIT THE TWIN TOWERS

jesus christ raimi

According to that shit he posted an Organ is a wind instrument.

It’s both percussion and string, by definition. Trypically ascribed as being a string instrument though.

Pianos use strings to connect the keys to hammers.

I guess if you’re entirely ignorant to the world of classical music you wouldn’t know who Hector Berlioz is.

If it is an organ that uses wind, it is. You dummy.

Drums are like guns, unnecessary and a danger to children.

Did she ever put a flute in her pussy?

>muh banging noises

Well, he doesn't end up keeping his job in the end.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trombone
>The trombone is a musical instrument in the brass family.

but Berlioz was a total pleb, a pathetic stalker, and overall, a complete soyboy of his times

so only little bitches hate em?

Do you hate guns and drums user?