Adventure Time/Regular Show crossover comic

ew.com/books/2017/05/18/adventure-time-regular-show-comic-crossover/

Come on and grab your friends because it’s an Adventure Time/Regular Show crossover!

KaBOOM! (an imprint of BOOM! Studios) will be launching a comic crossover starting in August. Aptly titled Adventure Time/Regular Show, the series will see Adventure Time‘s Princess Bubblegum send Finn and Jake on a quest to find The Power, the only thing that can save Ooo from the powerful new villain threatening to conquer it. Only there’s one hitch — Regular Show‘s Skip is hiding it.

But when Finn and Jake show up in Mordecai and Rigby’s city on their quest for The Power, it strains an existing tension between the two fun-loving bros. To make matters worse worse, the ensuing trip back to Ooo sparks problems between Finn and Jake, putting two friendships in danger.

Writer Conor McCreery will team up with artist Mattia Di Meo for the series based on two of Cartoon Network’s most beloved shows, both of which have their own ongoing comics. Phil Murphy will be the illustrator.

“Adventure Time and Regular Show are two of the funniest things ever. They are so weird, with a crazy internal logic I love,” McCreery tells EW. “I love stories that jam in a ton, and this book is going to do that. I’ve been trying to sneak in as many references to the shows as possible, while still leaving plenty of space for your favorite pairs of bros and their best friends.”

McCreery notes that the story is going to test both sets of friendships, but it will also make clear how powerful having Rigby, Mordecai, Finn, or Jake as a friend really is.

“Expect a LOT of craziness. Expect a lot of friendship. Expect monsters. Expect punches. Expect patoots. Maybe even expect… Hambonning!” McCreery teases readers. “Plus, how much fun is it to have these guys meet and hang with each other? Oh, and it’s got a totally math new villain!”

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yZ3o85ACLNk
youtube.com/watch?v=gCFtCa_iSBY
youtube.com/watch?v=QdhzShKCZ8M
youtube.com/watch?v=z8NaE0hr0sA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Adds editor Whitney Leopard, “This story has two of my favorite shows colliding into one crazy adventure. Everyone should be excited! Conor and Mattia are a great team and each issue has something crazy to offer for every reader.”

Adventure Time/Regular Show will be available for purchase starting in August. You can get an exclusive first look at two of the first issue’s covers below.

Too late for me to give a shit.
Regular Show and Adventure Time stopped being good a long time ago.

This should have happened way earlier and also animated.

Nonetheless I'm looking forward to this.

The last 2 seasons of regular show were good though.....

Neat, though I agree with that this should have happened like 4 years ago instead of now. I mean come on one of those shows already ended.

I think the weirdest part of this will be the artsyle, looks like they'll be sticking with the regular one for both shows which can look goofy at times. But still seems neat and I'm interested in what they're gonna do with the main duo's friendships, wonder how they'll compare and contrast and shit. Finn and Jake are much closer friends than Mordo and Rigs but I wonder if they'll just make them both equally as legitimate friendships. That would be sort of lame but I can see it happening.

I'm hype.

The Regular Show trades are still coming out thankfully. Think two more and they'll finish the run. Stuff like this gives me hope it won't be abandoned early.

I'm in it for Regular Show, I like AT but fuck if I haven't been bored with it recently.

I can't believe it's being done in any way officially though, like damn dude where's it been for 5 years?

>it's not a 1 time special, it's a series
Thank fucking god for this

Kinda feels like a one sided thing for AT fans having another journey with their characters that just happens to be with RS, considering it's initiated by Ooo's side of the story and the fact RS' title is second.

Also "Adventure Time/Regular Show" is shitty as fuck, why not "Adventure Show", "Regular Time", or whatever? I know you need both names for marketing purposes, but just add a subtitle or something with "staring regular show and adventure time characters", don't be lazy

>the hammer

I guess making sure the brands or whatever are intact are more important for them, they want people to know that this is about RS and AT and not a new thing called Regular Time or Adventure Show. Just making sure the lowest common denominator won't be scared off.

I love that The Power is the Macguffin that the AT team is after

Wonder if they'll get GashiGashi to do a variant cover

Can't wait for the RS guys to call out Finn for being a cuck.

I wish RS had variant covers this neat, most of them are bland shit

That would be rich coming from Mordo
at least Finn has the excuse of being a teen when he was doing his retarded romance bullshit but Mordecai was a fully grown adult man

I like some of them.

I hope some great bants is thrown between both sides.

That would be funny but I feel like the writer doesn't wanna step on any toes
Though if they're doing the "from enemies to friends" thing there may be some shit flinging at first

Jeez, finally.

>inb4 they're enemies at first generic crossover material
>inb4 "dude dude dude" and "bro bro bro" comparison jokes
either way I'm optimistic, variant covers are where it's at though, hoping the future ones get crazy

All the RS characters would fit in well in Ooo, can't say the same for AT in their world with all their dot eyes and shit

I'm assuming it's been about a year in the making, maybe more considering the time it'd take to set it up and figure it out, back when RS was still being published by Boom! before they canceled the series.

Doesn't explain why this article said RS is still running, it ended at 40 while lucky duck AT is still running

youtube.com/watch?v=yZ3o85ACLNk

Good times when CN gave a shit about its shows like this
though judging by the featured episodes this was just last year so I guess it wasn't that long ago

They do the occasional graphic novel, I think. I swear I heard they had one mire in the mix set during the CJ era.

Slated for July.

This was when they aired them on Saturday or Sunday and the ratings tanked hard as fuck and then they put them back on weekdays, usually Thursday, but never promoted them again. I remember the one with Benson and a bowl of chili being one of a small batch posted on their app and not promoted there.

It's a shame, having a special block and making a unique bumper for them mixing together is such a great idea

There's still , last month also saw the release of a special. Although I think it was simply the short comics they ordered and did not use in the main series.

I'm currently on season two working my way through RS for the first time.

Is this character gonna make things difficult?

Sucks JG isn't in on these or the comics but Penn was on some AT comics, instead I think the only time a RS crew member worked on some was Minty and it wasn't that often and was usually when Eileen was the focus

Do not blame her, blame executives and a largely incompetent staff.

I don't think I've watched either show in ~4 years
Can someone bring me up to speed?

If you don't even know that much don't be here, you'll get spoiled

These three clips will bring you up to speed.
The Humans are back.

youtube.com/watch?v=gCFtCa_iSBY
youtube.com/watch?v=QdhzShKCZ8M
youtube.com/watch?v=z8NaE0hr0sA

Do we know the artists' style? Is it the same people who do the RS comics that draw Rigby like an asian rabid bunny or is it someone on the AT Team?

And I thought Season 6 jumped the shark

So it finally happened?

Man, this feels like the Simpsons/Family Guy thing, it's just too late. I mean I'll read it, but at this point RS ended and AT isn't even the adventure-based silly show that we wanted to make the crossover.

>crossover
Hell yes
>comic
Who the hell cares?

The fact that characters like GBF and Margaret are on the cover really shows this is a script they had years ago and didn't release until they were running out of profitable time for it.

Where can I find AT Megas?

Kinda sad, but at least you can get away with more stuff off tv

I don't think it's even possible for Adventure Time to jump the shark. Seriously though Islands and Elements were great.

Do we know how many issues this will be?

Seven years too late

regular show hadn't even aired yet :^)

Yea it's been pIanned awhile it seems

Why the fuck does Skips have the keyboard? Is this an alternate timeline where instead of smashing it he takes it when Benson says "you sent him to the moon so the least you can do is give him the keyboard"? Because it was only seen twice and by the episodes' end it was destroyed.

OK BUT

WILL FINN FREAK OUT ABOUT THERE BEING HUMANS, WILL IT BE ADDRESSED

It's just a comic so I don't think they'll be too concerned about stuff like this
Plus if it's blatantly a different world he likely won't care much

What influence did executives have on CJ? I've never heard anything like that before.

wtf how is this just now a thing?

they asked for a love triangle episode, she was supposed to be a one off but CN wanted a follow up and then the crew started liking her

No, but someone close to her will be responsible for something that will be near impossible to sit through. I would rather watch the Splinter from Spongbob everyday for a year than see that speech again.

I love how it took them such a long time to make this, that they publish the issue after one of the shows ended

It seriously should've been a thing in 2012-2013, when both shows were at their peak

>I think the only time a RS crew member worked on some was Minty and it wasn't that often and was usually when Eileen was the focus
Ugh, I'm glad RS never continued for her to make it The Eileen Show

The humor style was already devolving to "women's humor" that Minty is known for so well, but it was mainly in S7 and then in S8 Eileen became a new main so any time she spoke it was shit

But she hardly spoke, and all of them were reactions appropriate for her character.

Eileen is not a flawless character and Lewis should be criticized for making her bit too Mary Sueish, but the hateboner people developed for here is not good either.

For the cartoon or the comics?

>Eileen is not a flawless character
I can't imagine you know what you're talking about.

>Eileen is not a flawless character
She is and the crew jokes about it in the NonOffical RS Podcast for the graduation special

>all of them were reactions appropriate for her character
No shit, it's not like the argument here is that she has acted out of character, it's that her character is grating and annoying and the humor that she's connected with is shitty. Not to mention Minty's annoying deliveries sometimes.

No you arrogant twat, since you did not provide any examples I am limited to guessing what the fuck you even mean. "Women humor" as I know it did not show up at all.

>She is
That's what Lewis is trying to do and what the other staff members in that podcast are teasing her about. And precisely that makes Eileen flawed from outside the show, within there are other things that show that she isn't (being a pushover, impromptu radar failing). But those are just small things, the show needed to address this more often and with an overall bigger flaw in focus.

>grating and annoying and the humor that she's connected with is shitty
>My opinion is fact.

>>My opinion is fact.
I was saying what the argument was you retard, can you not follow along? and whether you agree with it or not women humor is obviously dumb shit like baby talk scenes and that "it smells like a thrift store threw up in here" tier jokes. I'm not sure what to tell you if you get mad at me and the other user because you couldn't understand something yourself

>since you did not provide any examples
There isn't a reason to, you either get it or you don't. It should've been clear to me you wouldn't get it in the first place since you were doing some defending anyway.

>anyone who doesn't like something and expresses their distaste has a hateboner

>being a pushover, impromptu radar failing
This isn't even just small things that needed more elaborating, it's grasping at fucking straws.

When you whine and bitch about every little thing a character says or does (as it happened with Eileen in the last seasons) then yeah, it's a hateboner.

>I should not explain my definitions you should always understand MY meaning of things because I hold that to be obvious!

What a self centered cunt. Not anyone can magically guess what the fuck YOU mean.

It's an attempt at showing imperfection, but there needed to be more. How is stating that something that was there is there but was not enough "grasping at straws"?

>what the argument was
Your argument was "I don't like it because women's humor" (whatever you mean by that). Mine was that she mostly reacted to things and that not even out of character. Ultimately that is not enough for a reasonable person to get hung up on it.

The mistake being you are not reasonable, but an easily upset dipshit.