Ron Perlman voice

What character do you read with his voice?

Come on, there's at least ONE character that every comic book reader hears his voice when they're speaking.

I'm basic and hear his voice when Deathstroke speaks. Kind of difficult to do it when his mask is off though.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BIXsaabAcbg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hellboy

Deathstroke, the Punisher, the Thing, Hellboy

Deathstroke.

Better question is, which characters would be immeasurably improved by giving them the voice of Ron Perlman?

He's not dead yet?

All of them.

>Punisher
Nice, but I have the Thomas Jane voiced ingrained too far in my mind to hear anything else.
youtu.be/BIXsaabAcbg
>there will never be a Punisher animated series with this

>the Thing
I like Ron Perlman but I always hear pic related when I read the FF

Forgot about Killer Croc

I always have issues coming up with voices to use for characters.

Dick Grayson is probably the biggest issue I've had. He's my favorite character yet I can't really find a voice for him. Scott Menville sounds fine for Robin, but a little iffy as Nightwing and definitely not a fit for Agent 37 and Dickbats.

I've tried to read him with Sean Maher's voice, but I read most YJ related characters with their YJ voices (except Dick because I hated McCartney's take) and Titans is a little rough to hear him with Sean Maher's voice because Crispin Freeman as Arsenal sounds pretty similar to Sean Maher as Nightwing.

Ray Stevenson voiced Punisher in Superhero Squad. That was funny

Hellboy obviously.

Deathstroke sometimes. I know comics Deathstroke is American, but sometimes Manu Bennett's New Zealand accent slips in.

>but a little iffy as Nightwing
He was great as Nightwing in that Teen Titans ep.
His name is SLADE. Get it right, y'all.

I've always read Beta Ray Bill in the voice of Keith David.

Cajun Croc is best Croc.

Obviously Deathstroke and Hellboy.

Somewhat relatedly, I've used Willem Dafoe's voice for Norman Osborn for years now.

Hellboy.

Sinestro sometimes.

I don't read comics in anyone's voice, except sometimes when they've had very memorable cartoon dubbers, maybe.

Cable.

His professional name is Deathstroke. Slade is just the name he was given at birth.

Perlman.

Yeah he was good as the Teen Titans depressed long hair Nightwing but the bit of the gruffness he put into the voice doesn't work for the Fun Nightwing in the comics.

Well, in fairness, he played himself in spiderman.

Wonder Woman

Venture Bros. has changed me

Then why did he call himself Slade in the cartoon?

Sup Forumsidya character, but still.

Did you think they would get away with "Deathstroke the Terminator" in a children's cartoon?

How the fuck was it a children's cartoon?

I know Ironside will always be THE voice for Darkseid, but I think Ron has the right stuff to do a unique but still proper Darkseid.

A lot of the voices other than Ironside have just big generic big, deep-voiced, usually black guy, but they all fumble one important aspect of Darkseid that Ironside really nailed and I think Ron can match, his soft spoken menace.

Darkseid isn't the type that needs to bellow and roar how dangerous he is, most of the time Ironside was just speaking very softly, almost casually, yet it was still horrifying. I think Ron can do that and still have it dripping with menace.

Seeing as Michael Ironside doesn't seem to be in the running for performing the role anymore, I say put Pearlman on it.

warriana best waifu

Slade of course.

You guys seriously read comics with actors voices in your heads?

>he doesn't
fucking pleb

The Goon?

Actually I do, pero con voces de doblaje mexicano

Its target audience was 9-15.

It was hilariously mistargeted then.

I like to imagine English Nox from Wakfu with his voice.

Batman the animated series came closer to being an adult cartoon than Teen Titans ever did. And Batman TAS was still a kids show too.

You're fucking delusional if you think Teen Titans isn't targeted at kids. It's like those autismal man-children who think Adventure Time is this deep, thought-provoking intellectual masterpiece "obviously" intended for intelligent adults because they are just insecure about liking children's cartoons as adults.

Bahaha, no way.
>Ding Dong Daddy
You know, for kids!

Aside from the obvious I read Ultron in his voice

I haven't read Nova, but when he makes cameos it's always in Ron Perlmans voice.

On a different note, Sandman sould always be read in the voice of Ralph Ineson.

Terrible bait. Could only be more baity if you added a ;)

Darkseid sounds awful in Injustice 2. Doesn't sound like Darkseid at all and his dialogue is fucking terrible. Perlman would have been a great choice.

Deathstroke, Hellboy and Overlord from Transformers.

>autismal
That's not an actual word, you realize.

No, the irony is not lost on me.

Loren Lester is a great Nightwing.

That said I can also see Andrew Francis working.

I always read Deathstroke with pic related as the voice

I think J David Brimmer's Zodd Noseferatu could make a great Darkseid.

For some reason, whenever I'm reading any of Jokers lines, it's always in the voice of Joe Pesci.

>people jerk off the guy whose just "superman has to try a little harder to beat" like hes a above a 5/10 on the villain scale

Dafoe is my Norman too.

That said I can totally see Kevin Convoy working.

consider suicide

I pity the man who reads Dick Sprang era Bats and can't hear Adam West.

Adam is classics Bats and of course Conroy is modern.

Alec Baldwin is the goddamn Batman.

Darksied is actually a multiversal cosmic force of destruction in his true form, who is so powerful he destroys universes by being in them and nearly destroyed the entire multiverse by falling into it.

...Really?

all I can hear is the annoying Payday 2 character he VA'd for.

>I haven't read Nova, but when he makes cameos it's always in Ron Perlmans voice.
Every time Sam Alexander is in a comic I hear Bobby Hill.

Ron is in Detroit for a con rite now!