11th year of Carol's push, still not popular

>11th year of Carol's push, still not popular
>DC managed to make Harley into an A-lister and are Killer Frost and Mera might turn into household names over with 1/16th of the effort
What went wrong?

They should replace her with MJ

This. People like and know MJ.

Just like Roman really needs to turn into a heel at this point, Carol really needs to turn rotten/fascist and stick with it. She'll be far more popular as an evil character than she ever was as a good one.

What would be the final nail in her coffin, Sup Forums? Captain Marvel being the first critically flopped MCU movie maybe?

Who is Roman?

Hasn't married Spider-Woman yet.

need better writers. give her back her curves. feminine hairdo (not necessarily long, just not uber-butch like it is now.) prime example: look how Marquez drew her in CW2.

the biggest problem is Marvel's editors. In this case, Sanaa Headscarf. She's fixated on getting female writers at the expense of everything else. And the events are screwing her up, same as everyone else.

Yep

All they have to do is let Carol be sexy again.

Stop tying everything to your wwe kid's show loser

Carol is getting a movie
Is Harley Quinn getting a movie

>no caps
>no punctuation
Come back when you have learned to write.

she already has 1 and is getting another

>no caps
there's at least 4

Yes.

It is so easy and yet they don't do it. Free publicity, appeals to shippers, and strengthens dynamic having a partner to bounce off of.

>Disney
>being OK with non-heterosexual marriages
>ever

Why doesn't Marvel just shill Gamora as their Wonder Woman? She already has MCU cred so casuals wouldn't be scared of her.

>Gamora
Who is she and what does she do?

Because women will play second banana to the men in MCU until at earliest the Carol film
They are not as progressive as you'd think

They gave her a solo written by the co-screenwrtier of the first movie

Probably that.

How lelsorandumb is it?

what tumblr shitthole did you drag this up from? I think I died a little inside reading this.

>Latina
>His
something seems off here

Marvel

It's a rather serious affair a bit like Escape From New York.
From the first issue a lot of drama, revenge, murderising the shit out of people, daddy issues, sister rivalry...
Gamora things, really.

No one likes MJ.

It gets better

FUCK YOU CAROL CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP

>AoS
Not even the most devoted shill likes that show.

I'll give DC Killer Frost, even though it was mostly just from the sex appeal in Arkham Assault, as it's a recent thing but Harley was already popular before they made any attempt at a push, also due to the sex appeal but still.

Marvel on the other hand neutered Carol's sex appeal, so, there you go.

Roman Reigns. WWW wrestler heavily pushed into A list by corporate. Just like Carol. See OP's pic.

Wrestling is like capes, I guess?

>What went wrong?
none of those DC characters cut off their long beatiful hair for a butch cut, and simultaneously losing all the curves in their bodies

I really would like to see just one(1) story where DC gives Harley the same treatment Marvel gives Carol.

Why is Harley's popularity skyrocketing and no one cares about Carol?

Marvel put Carol in a neck to toe costume and gave a shitty haircut

DC took Harley and slutted her up to levels we did not think possible, as if they were trying to experiment on where the line between shorts and bikini bottoms lies

And it fucking worked

For male and female fans

The theatrics are the same yes. You have things like villains and heroes, love, betrayal, comic relief and winning against all odds.

You'd be surprised. The costumes, the storylines and drama, the bookings, the team ups, who wins what and how.

Interestingly it's usually battle manga, as a result of stage influence, that does the whole named moves and naming your moves before use thing. Superheroes have yet to do that, outside of something like MvC anyway.

That explains the wrestling threads. Thanks.

DC did not turn WW into a fascist nutjob who arrests people on shaky predictions and goes for the kill first and asks questions later.

Batgirl, Supergirl and Catwoman and part of pop culture too, don't forget, Ivy is not that far away either

>tumblr was wrong.jpg

Pity they don't make cheap movies like Santo did in the 60s!

Who is the sami zayne and vray wyatt equivlent

Harley represents consequence-free behavior where she gets away with pretty much whatever she wants to do while still be the center of attention.
Make all the Hot Topic jokes you want, people evidently liked that.

Also it helps that men think with our dicks and women like to make men think with their dicks

Bruh they made a 5th Marine already

Simple; there is literally not even a single good writing writing at Marvel anymore, Harley Quinn has had more non-comics media exposure, and the person in charge of Marvel doesn't actually care about what happens to the characters and transparently panders literally for the sake of raising sales.

th year of Carol's push, still not popular
That can't be right. Has she been Cap Marvel for 11 years?

Someone should make an infograph containing how both these characters looked before and currently, and how much their respective comics are succeeding/failing

Because people have shit taste
The Emoji Movie exists because there's retards who WILL watch it

>yfw the Emoji Movie makes good box office

>Injustice 3

>Bray wyatt
Maybe Thanos? Built up as a threat and talks a big game, but because he always loses it never comes across as meaningful or threatening

Marvel should have gotten on a She Hulk movie ages ago

Alternate Earth/Reality that doesn't affect the main continuity line.

I think Brigitte Nielsen has the rights to her, and she's not letting them go.

Well, depends on which company you match with which brand because the difference is scarily acute

If we go with RAW Marvel and Smackdown DC then Bray is Thanos and Sami is...Tim?

Her push started at the end of House of M.

In hindsight, it is obvious that it was bound to fail. Her motivation literally was "I am not doing it for the people, I just want to be famous".

>great backstory
>great presentation
>great speeches
>time to fight!
>loses immediately

Thanos is a good Bray Wyatt.

It's been 6 years since DeConnick. Better than 11, but still 6 years.,

>Also it helps that men think with our dicks and women like to make men think with their dicks
Men have a tendency to be practical. The fact that we're always ready for sex does make it look like we're thinking with our dicks. And women like to and have pretty much been trained to be manipulative so exploiting the male sex drive is a lazy given.

BASED BIG DYKE CAROL WORKING THE OBEESE SMARKS INTO A SHOOT

Sami Zayn is absolutely Tim Drake, specifically Tim after the creation of Damian.

Almost 6th Relaunches.

Or Apocalypse.
Sami is Deadpool. Light and goofy on the outside, but you could look deeper and see more, takes a fucking walloping and gets back up, insanely over for midcard, Canadian

>Carol's Captain Marvel
>General public still associate Captain Marvel with SHAZAM

>that time in secret wars doom burried the shit out of thanos

I....is dr. Doom The Rock

It's funny because I recall Carol being relatively popular during the Ms. Marvel days, like the mid-late 2000's. She wasn't a household name, but she had a devoted, loyal fanbase and her book was considered to be really good. Carol as a character was one of the more likable characters in an era when almost every major character in Marvel was an unlikable cunt.

>Or Apocalypse.

Yeah now I can just hear all those 90's cartoon quotes with a southern drawl in my head

> Finn Balor I am the rocks of the eternal shore, crash against me and be broken

Nah Jericho is Deadpool, right down to coming into his own in the early 2000's

Smart move.

>we're always ready for sex

> Magnificent isn't it Richards
> Well Doom I think
> IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YO THINK

No one likes Carol.

Damn. That's really accurate.
But who is the comics world equivalent to Alberto Del Taco?

>but she had a devoted, loyal fanbase
And small.

>and her book was considered to be really good.
Here we go again with the "Brian Reed is almost Alan Moore" meme.

Well, one of them's got to stick... right?

>really solid technician despite being bland as hell, only notable for constant memes about his WWE character and his notoriously wacky personal life

shit, that's actually a tough one

I'm not saying Reed is some sort of genius, I'm saying that in the era of Civil War and One More Day, Ms. Marvel was a really solid title.

>be a cunt
>denounce fascism while doing actual fascist things like taking children from their mothers
>tell audience they should be honored to have her as a character

This.

If she's hot in the movie, the comics will follow.

>Killer Frost and Mera
I doubt it. Frost HAS seen some pushing lately, but Mera has no outside exposure except for Justice League, which might not be as good as everyone's hoping.

Marvel has the Muslim Ms. Marvel, Gamora, and Black Widow but they're wasting all their time on Carol Danvers for literally the dumbest reasons. Keepaway from DC, and to have a feminist icon like "Wonder Woman". Fuck the cosmic Captain Marvel fans, you're getting YASSS QUEEN for all eternity to cater to people who don't read comics. It's a complete waste of time, and makes you wonder why they don't just give Widow or someone else a movie, since there's an actual base for it, however small it is.

None

See, this is why a Carol Danvers movie has potential. Carol is a hot mess who's greatest enemy is herself. She's frequently prone to doing shitty things because in spite of everything, she's still a human or a woman and prone to fucking up as humans always do. You could tell a great story about Carol grappling with her issues kind of like what they did with Hancock.

>super arrogant heel that is as popular as long time good guys

>great promos

>constantly loses but takes no hit to his credibility

>when ever he shows up hes a big deal

Holy shit Dr. Doom is the Rock

This whole post is so beautifully worded. saved.

I was thinking how hilarious it was that Marvel started off as being known for their flawed heroes who made mistakes and had less perfect lives and personalities than DC, and fast forward to now where "Captain MARVEL" has to be perfect and basically Marvel's Superman. Somewhere along the lines, they fucked up.

You really think a Marvel movie would do anything like that? In its introductory outing? Nah. She'll be a generic hero who makes some snarky remarks and punches/shoots lasers at the villain. But then, that would still be an improvement over comic Carol.

Mera is Aquawoman.

Wolverine would be Bret Hart

Nah. Wolverine would be Sting.

>I'm not saying Reed is some sort of genius
Thank God for that. Carolfags usually do that.

Reed's Ms. Marvel was just a book that kept going, and that's it. However sympathetic it was, it sure as hell didn't deliver any classic.

It was like Pre-Flashpoint Blue Beetle book. And Giffen IS better than Brian Reed, but no one idolizes him like Carolfags do with Reed.

They even both refer to themselves in the third person!

>Harley Quinn before
Goofy latex sidekick
>Harley Quinn after
Pasty Deadpool ripoff

Still sells well.

>Danvers before
Known best for the bathing suit and drinking Stark under a table.
>Danvers after
Drawn by most artists as the Brianna Wu of the Marvel Universe. Fuck you, cosmic fans.

Literally money drain

You're both wrong, because Wolverine sure as hell didn't peak in 1997.

He's HHH

> member of super influential and popular group
> not a founder, but becomes the most over
> more solo runs than his team combined
> always taking on young protegees

> always taking on young protegees who he wants to bang

fixed that last one for you, user

they did but Injustice is an Elseworlds story so who cares?

>who he wants to bang
Well he does betray all of them so I guess that holds up

>What went wrong?

They choose their "Wonder Woman"... poorly.