Lupin III is coming to Toonami

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dvaosZlQqrY
youtube.com/watch?v=PB1QwkhWjlg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hopefully it's green jacket

Green jacket best jacket

I recognize that artwork, I think it's the blue jacket one from some years ago.

Tell me a better OTP than ZenigataxLupin
Protip: You can't.

I really can't

I am pumped

Nigga they just told you it's the 2015 season. Blue Jacket. It's great though, stylish and fun.

Eh, that's good too

>the voices from fucking red jacket coming back

He'll yea. Shame about Zenigata though.

It's great. I wasn't expecting much from a modern Lupin series but was blown away by it. Also, Toonami General is gonna cum in their pants when they see the OP for the first time. It's like the old Lupin III OP had sex with Bebop's OP.

Series 4, so Blue Jacket. Don't worry, it's only a hair less slick than the Woman Called Fujiko Mine side of the franchise, and it's as fun as green jacket.

No IBO season 2. Gundam is officially dead in the west.

Nice

That's great. I just started watching this series myself and was hoping for this.

I think Red Jacket is significantly more fun than Green Jacket.

IBO is shit so consider yourself spared.

I actually started reading the original Lupin stories and the tone is surprisingly similar to Lupin III. I've only gone through the first series but I'm looking forward to second series because everyone tells me it's the best.

GREEN

RED

Kill yourselves back to MAL

It's probably gonna tank in the ratings, but good on them for showing it anyway.

A shame because it's been so long since Toonami picked up a real high tier anime that I can't even remember the last one. I feel like it's been years since Toonami aired a show of this caliber.

>>>/gaia/

What are the differences between the jacket colors? Red was the one that was on Toonami ages ago right? Is green goofier, more serious or what?

Green Jacket is objectively the patrician's choice.

>What are the differences between the jacket colors?
Green is the best and the first, red is okay but sillier, pink is 80s as fuck and blue is almost as good as green

It's just a way of distinguishing the 4 different series. It goes green, red, pink, then blue.

Ahhh baby, best anime theme

youtube.com/watch?v=dvaosZlQqrY

I'll tune in, though I can't see it pulling huge numbers.

The series gets restarted/rebooted every now and then and when they do that they change the color of his jacket. So people use the jacket color as shorthand for which series they're talking about, rather than going "series 1 Lupin vs series 3 Lupin" etc.

>worst lupin

but why

For anybody who keeps saying Toonami will die soon, this is the reason it won't. Five years in and multiple licencors understand the power of getting a Toonami broadcast for new series.

Even if they have an interest the block still needs good ratings to justify its existence to its network. People doomsaying right now though are off base, the real problem won't be til DBZ Kai runs out of episodes.

Because its the newest one AND a dub premiere.

You do realize Lupin the III is 26 episodes right?
Also HXH canned or bumped?

Good for you america, part 4 is great.
I hope we will see another series soon (it's the 50th anniversary) but we'll probably have to wait another decade

Gundam will be back in the West if a good season gets made and dubbed.

I still think that G Reco would have been more successful than IBO in the West if it had been dubbed instead.

What are the best Lupin III series and movies? (other than Cagliostro obviously)

>G Reco
I watched G Reco. It was the worst thing I've ever seen. I wasn't stupid enough to watch IBO but I very much hope the fabric of reality haven't been warped. Because that's the only way something could be worse than G Reco

Green, Red, Blue. Mine Fukijo is polarizing but it's good. I've only seen Cogliostro, Walther P38, and Gold of Babylon.

Never seen it before.

what the fuck do the colors mean

Lupin gets periodically rebooted. They change his jacket color every time. Fans refer to the series by the jacket color. The colors themselves mean nothing.

just start downloading 48 GB of Lupin
i hope that's all of series not counting 2015 because i get it separately

Red > Green > Blue >>>> Pink

Castle of Cagliostro > All

fite me

I liked G Reco. It was a fun space adventure. A lot of people claimed the story was confusing but I thought it made sense.

IBO could have been good but the writers made terrible decisions near the end of the story.

Not even the best Lupin III opening.
youtube.com/watch?v=PB1QwkhWjlg
Guy fucking KILLS it at 0:52

More or less accurate. 2015 is on par with original in my opinion. They go for different approaches but are equally enjoyable.

Why would it be canned?

In every series of Lupin he gets a new jacket
Part 1 is green
Part 2 is red
Part III is pink
Part 4 is blue

hype train ACTIVATED

i can't find any manga for lupin anymore.
best red jacket movie is pursuit of harimao's treasure
i liked a woman named mine fujiko, though that's too graphic for toonami

>almost completely lost interest in Toonami, only Jack keeping me interested in the channel
>they pull this shit right before it ends

Damn. Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in!

well it's still a few weeks until it starts

also best case scenario is that hxh moves to 1 AM and tokyo ghoul moves to 2 AM, but we know that won't happen

So I never watched lupin, do I need to watch the previous ones to get this one?

>Show X is going to air
>"Ah yes finally a hit show destined for success"
>Show does meh-good
>WTF HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE

Literally the same shit you people have been spewing for 5 years. Not saying it'll do bad, but this reasoning has yielded some pretty shitty results for you before.

I never finished Green Jacket, I should really get back on that shit. Outside of that the only movies I've seen are Cagliostro and Mamo

I've got three of the Tokyopop volumes. The printing is pretty fucky in them, moreso in the pages Punch uses watercolour

Considering the content, we'd be lucky to ever see a reprint

Not really. All you really need to know is the core 5. Lupin, Jigen, Fujiko Goemon and Zennigata. You can probably find a synopsis of them somewhere.

This has been my experience with Toonami pretty much since the first year. They go through runs where I lose interest almost completely but then will pull out a surprise pick that convinces me they aren't completely retarded.

Yeah no. Fanboys hyping up their favorite show =/= people who know what they're talking about hyping a show. Lupin III is a good anime, but I'm not expecting it to be super successful. I'm worried its tone is too mature for Toonami, in the sense that it's about adults, for adults, and not so much teens like 90% of the shows on Toonami, especially the ones that are super popular.

For the record, the last show I heavily endorsed as being a guaranteed hit on Toonami was OPM, and I was 100% right.

Nope. Lupin is episodic by nature, after a couple episodes you'll get familiar with the characters and how they act and can just slip into their adventures.

Please. Even if you didn't like blue you have to have brain damage to argue that it's worse than pink. Really though my only problem with blue is the ending. The rest of the series is fantastic.

Nope. They're pretty much all their own continuities in some way or another. Hell, manga Lupin is a straight up rapist in many instances compared to his more "loveable pervert" persona the anime have made him usually be.

I wonder if this could pave the way to get Jigen's Gravestone or Goemon Ishikawa's Spray of Blood for a movie night. I could see the darker bloodier tone going over well with the toonami audience.

>the real problem won't be til DBZ Kai runs out of episodes
They can always just go back to episode 1 when that happens. At one per week, a whole run of the series takes three years. It's not like Kai was a new thing before Final Chapters started. Plus they still have Super which is a year and a half behind on the Japanese broadcast.

Just watch one of the movies and you're set. There's no large continuity in Lupin.

There is no way they could air either movie without severe edits. Jigen has a long sequence halfway through that is straight up hentai and Goemon is extremely gory towards the end.

Man, if more anime looked like that I'd watch anime on a regular basis. The way 1990+ anime looks just has very little appeal to me. Miyazaki and Hiroyuki Imaishi are the two exceptions.

>Starting a new job in June
>Will be able to afford cable again
>See this thread
>mfw

Things are lookin' up for ol' user after all.

Shit like this has never stopped Demarco before, which is why the One Piece anime lasted so long on the block

They'll probably let Super take the lead and just throw on something else.

Or maybe the redub of GT.

Doubtful. Like the one guy said, there's a like a five minute seen with Fujiko stark naked and full of rapey vibes. Haven't seen the Goemon movie yet, but I don't doubt it being bloody as pretty much anything with him in the lead is bound to have a lot of people dying.

Nah, you can start watching at pretty much any point. Just get to know the main characters
>Lupin's gang
Lupin: master thief, doesn't really care about money
Jigen: hard boiled gunslinger, a crack shot
Goemon: swordsman of improbable skill, silent type
>Others
Fujiko: beautiful and treacherous, sometimes helps Lupin or works against him
Zenigata: hapless interpol detective who dogs Lupin's heels

>They can always just go back to episode 1 when that happens
They'll lose a lot of viewers that way. Of course they'd lose a lot of viewers by taking it off. There's no real solution to the problem, hence why it's the first real crisis Toonami will have.

Woo!

>Not available in my country
But...but I fucking love that theme.

Blood and violence really aren't anything to Toonami. I mean Goemon does go a little over the top what with showing wounds getting infected and having some pretty nasty bisections. Strangely enough most of the kills are pretty tame. Just Goemon slicing through dudes.

Hard to say, some people would probably be fine with a do over of DBZ, at least when it's not right in the fucking middle of an arc like what happened 20 years ago. And starting at the literal START of the entire franchise, no less.

They'll probably just start showing boruto or something. Naruto has been pretty solid despite being tucked in the back of the block. Japan runs off of nostalgia just as much as the US does.

>2015 blue season
Is it good? i havent watched Lupin since Red VS GReen

True, they didn't change a thing with Hellsing and that had some actual gore and guts involved in some scenes. Still, the bit with Fujiko in the Jigen movie would have to be blurred out.

It's great. It really has that old 70's charm that makes Lupin so enjoyable. The animation is great and the OP and the ED are fucking god tier.

Plus, the dub of it is going to have the cast from the red shirt show AS aired eons ago.

Mothafuckin' Richard as Jigen again, hell yea!

Looking forward to it. Any clips of the english dub?

>there's a like a five minute seen with Fujiko stark naked and full of rapey vibes
Yeah exactly. I mean I guess they could edit that scene out but then that subplot wouldn't make any sense.

Maybe it wouldn't be too bad, I don't know. But the thing to consider is that unlike shows like Family Guy and Rick and Morty where it happens all the time, it's not played for laughs. The last ten minutes especially get really brutal.

I'm a faggot that hasn't watched anything on the block that appears after 1 AM so if they've shown equally violent stuff in the past and were okay, then forgive my ignorance.

There was a trailer released a few months ago but I can't find it anymore. It's the same cast as the dub for the second series.

If they take it out, sure. But if they just blur it, it'd be fine, so long as Fujiko isn't shining like fucking Jesus.

Someone has really been putting foot to ass on the Lupin Franchise as of late. They had a long period there where pretty much everything they released was forgettable but now it seems like they're putting a lot of budget and care into their new productions. A Woman Called Fujiko Mine is certainly debatable in terms of story quality but the animation and ambition in the series was undeniable and both the movies that spun off from it were pretty damn good.

>Red Jacket dub
Im already hard and im already sold
this is gonna be the best birthday present

Zenigata has a new voice though. Should've mentioned that.

Kind of makes sense. Zennigata is less bumbling in blue than he was in red.

>A Woman Called Fujiko Mine is certainly debatable in terms of story quality
Probably why they started doing the spinoff/sequels with Jigen and Goemon, to make up for what people felt was lacking in the main series. I imagine they're probably going to do one with Lupin set in that same universe.

Lupin III's online footprint is almost nonexistent, nobody will be hyping this up.

Apparently you missed all the hype when blue jacket was announced. People lost their fucking shit.

I just want Discotek to release more Shows. I mean, i enjoy the movies, but more shows please.

Honestly, never found any of the Zenigata voices to be bad. I know some weren't too keen on Sonny doing Lupin, especially so shortly after Tony knocked it out of the park, but Sonny's Lupin was pretty entertaining as well.

Will say that Richard pretty much owns Jigen, but the ones that played him in things like Cagliostro and Gravestone are pretty damn fine.

Well they are putting out the complete Red Jacket show. Sadly, only the episodes that were dubbed will be dubbed, while the rest will stay in Japanese. Bummer given that the cast would probably be glad to return and finish it up.

>so if they've shown equally violent stuff in the past and were okay, then forgive my ignorance
They aired Hellsing Ultimate, man. Only stuff they censored was the necro rape and little boy rape. And all the fucks.

>Also HXH canned or bumped?
on Hiatus

At least we're finally getting series 2 after what feels like forever and this series is supposed to get a blu-ray release at some point. Probably after Toonami finishes airing it. Series 3 is the only one left after that without a complete US release. I think right now, all I want from Discotek is the Mamo movie on blu-ray.

And Urusei Yatsura. We're getting Beautiful Dreamer. I hope the rest of the series follows.

red is part 2, right? I have the first box set.

Discotek is a blessing. I got the Japanese Monster Farm on dvd.

Poetry.

As I understand, yes. I've only ever seen that, the Miyazaki movie, and a few of the other movies like the one with Goemon searching for a dragon statue.