Does Sup Forums like dirk gently

does Sup Forums like dirk gently

Other urls found in this thread:

change.org/p/netflix-renew-dirk-gently-s-holistic-detective-agency-for-season-3-future-seasons
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No

Yes

First season was alright. Second season improved some things. Shame it got cancelled.

I enjoy some of the weirdo women on the show.

I only saw season one but fuck yeah

It's goofy and weird and sometimes retarded but I like the music and the general vibe.. anyone like to comment on how season 2 is? Might stream it soon

I like Dirk Gently!

Plot starts off on a better foot and I found some of the stuff less annoying.

go away max

Absolutely fucking hate it. I liked the books, and this is like watching someone deliberately make the worst adatpation humanly possible. The casting is amazingly bad. I mean it's actually staggering how bad every aspect of this show is. It's like they went out of their way to do whatever the opposite of everything in the book was and makie it as obnoxious as possible. I can't even begin to understand what the flying fuck they were trying to do with the guy playing Dirk. It's got nothing to do with the book/character at all and it's some fucking hyper bizarre homosexual doing a Milo Yiannpolpoosidsous meets Rik Mayall impression. Not to mention the utterly pointless plot and side characters that just meander everywhere with no jokes in sight.

It's honestly a 0/10. Not a 1/10. A straight up 0. A failure on every single possible level with not one single redeeming quality.

Yes it's great, second season is better than the first but the first season is also really good. Think this is perfect for Max Landis, shame about the allegations whether they're true or not.

Not the best show out there, but I don't mind following it. Shame it got cancelled, and I don't think Netflix/Hulu want to pick it up after Landis scandal

The reception here was about 70% positive, 20% negative and 10% "hi max" spammed against everyone who liked it.

Personally, I loved it. Season 1 was obviously superior but I liked the wacky fun elements of season 2 and there were enough twists to keep me interested despite working out that it was a kid's dreamworld within a couple of episodes.

Real shame it's been cancelled, I'm hoping they may change their mind when they get the Netflix numbers in (January 5th in the UK), or maybe physical media sales (January 23rd).

Really really liked it, it managed to pull of random without being lolsorandum

u wot m8? Season 1 is basically the first book just with slightly different characters

>Todd = MacDuff
>Rimmer = The alien soul
>Zachariah Webb = Chronotis

Then season 2 is the second book except Wendermore is Asgard and Panto is Thor. It's just different enough that you don't notice it, which is why it's such a great adaptation.

yer mother's cunt

>Absolutely fucking hate it

I'd like to report a crime

She spent the whole season really needing someone to give her a hug and tell her that everything will be alright.

reminder she's eternally trapped at blackwing now

better storytelling this time around and a more interesting supporting cast outside of todd-farah-dirk
i honestly enjoyed season 2 more than season 1 but i love them both so much man
everyone's got their own little things that make them memorable characters and everybody feels 3-dimensional

lmao dirk gently wasn't even adams' best book get outta here

I wanted fo do that, especially when I saw her prisoner number.

>Locks don't work on me

>It's basically the first book with different characters, setting, plot and a version of Dirk that isn't remotely anything like the book.

Huh. Interesting.

there's a petition for netflix to pick it up for extra seasons like arrested development (and others) were

obviously the petition doesn't guarantee anything but at the very least it shows that people are definitely interested in more dirk gently

Yeah, but she's now detached from caring about going her own way and still emotionally attached to Ken

Which makes Landis's ability to adapt it into an even remotely watchable show so embarrassing.

This guy is a literal Hack Fraud. He's fucking failed at every single thing he's tried.

i mean to be fair that's essentially what panto did without literally hugging her
his death shook her terribly despite francis being able to revive him because she realized she has no control over her own life and that trying to choose anything otherwise will result in either the death of the people around her or even herself

>The first book. The first season.
Yes.
>The second book. The second season.
No. Kinda. Parts of it, not the whole thing.

t. Bright critic

>locks dont work on me
sure, but what i meant is that the show is ended and that's where she was voluntarily

and why could suzie borten read the magic book?
and why did the kid fall out of the sky on a boat?
what of donuts?
whaaaaaat?

Did they finish the second season before canceling it or is it left hanging? Was it canceled because of Max's allegations or because of popularity?

>and why could suzie borten read the magic book?
i might be remembering wrong but The Mage said something along the lines of 'the book/wand was attracted to her for a reason' and that 'it doesn't go after nice people'
>and why did the kid fall out of the sky on a boat?
no idea but i'm more curious about the "Pollock" part of the name. "The Infant, Male, Pollock, Francis" obviously he's a baby boy they named Francis but what's the Pollock for? because it's a fishing boat? who knows

I too want to know what the boat was about, maybe that would have been a focus of season 3 (where did any of these Blackwing subjects come from, who were their parents?). Susie is an interesting question, but I wondered if seeing as pararibulitis = magic in wendermore, maybe other mental illnesses are too, like whatever was wrong with Susie before she got the wand, because she clearly wasn't all there.

The Second Season ended, but it sets up a third one.

season 2 finished a few weeks ago and was airing on BBC America. Netflix is picking it up January 5th

and for why it was cancelled, there's no concrete evidence pointing to anything right now. all BBCA has said is it was a matter of numbers

I took the whole thing being the baby's first dream. That he was their actual kid but only existed in dream space until then.

Like Reverse Cthulhu.

>maybe other mental illnesses are too
i'm willing to bet that's a yes
the show really seems to celebrate weirdos and freaks in a positive way
everyone in the show is a mentally ill mess

It's not all wrapped up but I wouldn't say it's a cliffhanger either. And it's hard to say why exactly it was cancelled. It ended up gaining viewers since season 1 ended, maybe it was already too low and they were just giving it a "last chance" when they renewed it for season 2.

it would seem like a perfect series ending if not for the dangling bart/ken thing

What about Hugo: Prophet of the Cosmos?

Claimed.
Her body is sweet but her voice is just hhhnnnnngggg!!
>Would make love passionately till she moans my name out loud

Show gay degeneracy.
Still get canned.
>Why

One of those shows I can’t watch because the title is retarded. Dirk Gently, Peaky Blinders, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt...

Svlad Cjelli's Holistic Detective Agency

>that little squeaky 'Ow' when Todd is rescuing her

IT'S NOT OVER YET
change.org/p/netflix-renew-dirk-gently-s-holistic-detective-agency-for-season-3-future-seasons

It's like doctor who directed Tumblr

I had a great fucking time with it, felt closer to Adams' work than anything since the 80's H2G2 BBC tv show, think he would have liked it. Sure it was a little on the emotional and slightly gushy vibe, but I still laughed my ass off. For a show with a tiny budget, it was a wild ride.

RIP Maximum Landing

Dustin and Ken's journeys from the first to the last episode are where it's at, there's some character development for yah.

Surely that's just Doctor Who?

it was not always so, sigh.

watching everyone's journeys this season was fantastic
watching suzie's descent from jaded, jealous housewife to full-blown evil was amazing

oh i ain't saying the rest were weak, but Dustin coming to terms with the fact he's an idiot totally surprised me, and Ken's gradual turn from utterly headfucked and lost, to, well, what he became. Amazing. Plus the two of them had some of the best comedy scenes, especially early in series two. Ken's exasperation at the madness of his situation was pure Douglas Adams, combined with his deadpan reaction when extraordinary boons might be coming his way, I laughed so hard I lost an organ.

This is just initial reaction, wasn't anything in the show I disliked at all. If there can somehow be at least one more season to finnish it off, and it's as good as the first two, I'll spare this planet.