Just finished this and it was goddamn incredible. Why did nobody buy it?

Just finished this and it was goddamn incredible. Why did nobody buy it?

Wild guess: people don't usually turn to big 2 comics when they want slice of life, and big 2 fans usually don't look for that either.

that's the first rule about comics, no one buys the good ones

Not just comics, all media in general.

I blame over-saturation.

Everyone assumed it was social justice shit or generic crap like other recent Marvel comics
You assume everything is shit and you miss out on something good

DC has their amazing comic that nobody buys, too.

If it's not about some asshole punching another asshole, people won't buy the comic

because i dont read comics to see people living a home life and going to school, i lived that, i do that now. i want guys with claws going up against 100 ninjas, or giant robots fighting other giant robots, or universe ending badguys and the good guys have to team up with other bad guys to take down the big baddie

Fuck you, I put this on my pull list the moment I read issue 1 which came free with the first issue of Spider-Man and Deadpool. This comic is the reason why Batman is currently on my pull list. Fuck you for saying I didn't support this title

>King's The Vison
>slice of life

Is it summer already?

>because i dont read comics to see people living a home life and going to school
This isn't what the comic is about. If you didn't have the tastes of a 12 year old you might know that

It's not the untimely death that kills me. It's what they're doing with Viv now that feels like the utmost torture.

Because it's The Vision. In the 1970s and 1980s, he was a popular character. But since 1989, Marvel have alternated between dehumanizing him and telling readers not to care about him, or just making him unlikeable.

Then he gets a solo book because he's in the MCU, it's acclaimed but no-one's reading it because Marvel spent over 25 years telling readers to dislike Vision.

>It's what they're doing with Viv now that feels like the utmost torture.
Do I even want to ask?

I remember all of Vision's episodes in EMH being too quality, they did a really good job at showing just how awesome he actually is.

Wait took away her character development and removed the fact that she accepted that she's not normal and moved on.
She got triggered when Kamala said a word

I didn't read it, which is why I said "wild guess". From a cursory glance it presented itself as the Vision's family life, and that's not going to appeal to a lot of people, myself included.

Would you really want the story to be lengthened/modified if the series was more popular?

The "Microagression" joke actually got a good chuckle out of me, that could just be because I don't waifu Viv and wasn't getting upset though.

You should read it, it's a fucking horror show man.

Because Sales =/= Quality.

>people buying comics because they are good and not because they have characters they like
Just look at X-fags

Aren't X-books currently around 30k?

Because characterfags. All of whom deserve a bullet to their heads.

*Waid

But I did buy it in trades

Just a reminder that characterfags carry the industry.

>buying floppies

what the fuck is the point

i'd rather just loiter in the comic store and then buy collected editions of the good shit after the fact

i'd love to have a copy of collected flintstones editions

I'm sure I'm missing some context here but
>father doesn't pay attention to his kid
This doesn't just look slice of life, it looks 80s kids movie slice of life.

I'll probably give it a read at some point but I don't really trust Sup Forums recs anymore, some of you guys are way too easy to satisfy when it comes to comics.

I like to support my lcs because it's the first one we've had in town in over two decades

This is widely regarded as the best thing Marvel's done in decades

Vision was okay but the characterization of everybody except the Vision family was really bad. The way humans acted in the story was really stupid and unbelievable. It was like an obvious racism allegory but it didn't make any sense in the context of superhuman beings that literally saved the entire planet repeatedly.

Like, that fat guy that thought a gun would work against a being who everybody knows fought galactus and supervillains everyday, or that kid going up to a superpowered robot killing machine and mouthing off, or some punk kids trying to get away with spraypainting on the wall of somebody with superhuman senses.

Like, all of these plot points would make sense if they were just some niggers, but it doesn't make sense when they're superpowered flying robots who can melt people with mind beams.

I also found the plot point where he was brought in for questioning completely stupid. It really brings to the spotlight the idiotic way that heroes are treated in comic books. It's easy to ignore when it's a background thing but when a character (Vision himself) specifically points out how stupid it is that he's being bothered about a single murder when he saved the Earth repeatedly it really highlights how retarded the way heroes are treated in-universe is. In reality Vision would be worshipped as a God by cults and people who saved the Earth would be mostly ignored by police even if there's strong evidence they murdered a normie, just like how rich and famous people IRL are treated

>Slice of Life
That should have been the title of issue 1

Not trolling but I'll explain why I dropped Marvel and in turn I never picked up this book.

I just don't trust them anymore. The universe is pretty stupid "LOL RANDUMB" and they either do things for shock value or for SJW points. I used to really enjoy reading Marvel but I dropped it just after fear itself and I'm glad I did, it makes me sad to see how far it's fallen.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't trust them. I don't want to get invested in a character only for them to be replaced by a gay black autist for no other reason than to be "progressive". I'm not racist at all, I like black characters but when they're written for a purpose beyond "look how progressive we are guys"

This was their last good book

Also the elderly folks and others being some bizarre antirobot bigots doesn't really work as part of regular Marvel.

That whole inane spiral and the surprise visit by old Grim made zero sense. Double so anyone giving a shit about him being killed. Heck I bet Simon would have lost track if he'd been dead or alive.

Easy way to avoid this is to just jot read anything written by Bendis, Slott or Leth and the guy they have writing America. Post Secret Wars marvel has had more good (whixhbis subjective i know) books than bad, but all anyone wants to talk about are the bad and the good ones getting no lip service get canned. That's why we lost Illuminati, Squadron Supreme and Hyperion so early.

That sounds like hyperbole, but then I've only really liked 3 Marvel books since 2000, so that doesn't seem impossible.

>Most things in Marvel must be bad, so EVERYTHING must be bad!
Not to say you're incorrect, a lot of Marvel's shit is so easy to predict now, but I still read through the odd gem like King's Vision, Superior Foes, or Spiderman/Deadpool, whenever I'm able to. The trick is to avoid what's obviously SJW bait, outright.

Also:
>Focusing on a character instead of the creators you like.
That never ends well. You'll always be disappointed if you mindlessly follow a character's run between creative team shakeups.

>Waifu Viv
user, she is a lesbian now.
The fact that she obviously had a crush on a boy in Vision doesn't matter, the Champion needed a gay character to complete diversity.

Let's just ignore Champions even existing. Everyone is better off that way.

>Why did nobody buy it?

I think people did buy it. Aren't they doing a deluxe reprint of the whole thing?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the last issue she was read to jump Slimclops and find out what a download from the Punch Dimision feels like in her CPU. Then Cho cock blocked him. As far as we know Viv is Asexual, also, when has a character being a lez stopped Waifufags?

See this is why I can't take Sup Forums recs seriously: Spider-Man/Deadpool just seems mediocre to me, and I say that as someone who liked Kellypool.

I'm glad it ended when it did.

Skip the guest writer issues user.

Try Elektra, Kingpin and Deadpool VS The Punisher as well. Good shit.

This is the reason comics you like don't continue

>that literally saved the entire planet repeatedly.
37 times

she's put her emotions on lockdown. it would be weird for her to feel attraction to anybody

Bravo.

The thing that annoys me is that killing Grim Reaper REALLY shouldn't count as a crime. Like coming back is what he does, and Vision really should have explained that to his family.

It's actually not that big of a deal except she was caught in the act, and Vis even sides with her and makes his depressed family a robot dog

It really felt like it was made to be 12 issues. I never felt like it was being cut off in the middle of something

So was the last page supposed to be heartwarming or horrifying?

Does anyone have a scan of that "Also, I killed the dog" panel?

Deep.

It's heartwarming that he's trying to keep their family going even after all the shit they've been though, but horrifying in that he's tinkering with his dead wife's corpse.

Though the latter is softened by the fact that she's a robot. If she was flesh and blood it would go into horror/insanity territory.

Is it confirmed if it's her corpse, or Vin's? The ending isn't as bad if it's Vin.

This will probably never be addressed anyway.

10/10

How many murders before you stop your sexbot Vision!?!

Thank you. That shouldn't be funny at all, yet somehow it is.

>Viv was great in Vision
>Viv is insufferable in Champions

This is the worst timeline.

This. Vision has been portrayed as either expendable or a dick.

John Byrne made Vision emotionless and Wanda Cray Cray, and those perceptions have stuck, cemented by the generation of writers that came in in the 2000s.

What the nigger is this shit?

The defence of Waid I have heard is that Viv has shut down her emotions to cope with the trauma.

The thing is that killing Grim Reaper made Virginia look dangerous and "not normal"
They were already having trouble with people being rightfully afraid of them

Champions.

It's #WOKE as fuck.

Because people have better things to buy like America

Jesus CHRIST.

An LCS owner told me that trade-waiters like you are a bigger cancer on his business than piracy is.

what the FUCK
Why are these fuckers getting so much spotlight in Secret Empire?

37 TIMES!

jesus please let me die

please please god bleed my wrists dry and let me slip into the sea with your arms around my waist

I'm still happy that Marvel even published a book like this in the first place without trying to tie it into the MCU.

>This is widely regarded as the best thing Marvel's done in decades
I made it through 2 issues before asking how none of the Avengers understood the concept "self fulfilling prophecy" and how we have robots without backups. When King can write stories that don't have glaring holes in them, I'll come back. He's really shit at making people not be incredibly stupid.

Though it came about because of the MCU.

No way would King's book have been greenlit without Vision being in the MCU.

Because they're cool characters. And also because it's an asian, a muslim, a half-black-half-latino, a robot girl and a token white nerd, so it's a convenient way to tick off a lot of diversity boxes at once.

It's not their fault that they're stuck in one of the worst Marvel titles there are, in a time that the average Marvel title is already pretty embarrassing.

>none of the Avengers understood the concept "self fulfilling prophecy"
That seems to be a bit of an ongoing problem with the Avengers.

Sam Alexander is a latino too. Is Slim Summers the token white nerd?

Well I guess something good had to come from Age of Ultron

>or Spiderman/Deadpool
aka "What's So Funny About With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"
No seriously, Kelly's reusing the plot and themes from one of most famous stories here and expecting no one to notice. Peter's a grown man who's been through hell but NOW he's willing to go full 90s with Deadpool kneeling before his cock begging him not to.

Oh right, his mom is latina. I forgot because he's never drawn as one.

I guess kid Scott works just as well as the token white nerd.

i'll admit it:
i'm racist against robots

The trade market's growth has mainly been fueled by people who otherwise wouldn't be reading comics because trades make the process of getting into comics in the first place far less impenetrable.

Comic stores should whine less and adapt to sell more trades.

Book stores don't get by selling one chapter a month either.

>people are still taking this comic seriously

I'll come clean as well:
I want to fuck a robot.

If by taking it seriously you mean mocking it.

What about modern Marvel makes it so weird when they integrate their few good comics into everything else? Old Man Logan being pulled into 616 felt just as wrong to me

People arent fags like you.

Is twitter singlehandedly destroying western civilization? Everything has gone to shit ever since it got popular.

Because those good comics are good at least partially because they're allowed to be their own thing and don't have to fit whatever bullshit is going on in the shared universe.

It's the same reason people are upset with DC integrating Watchmen into Rebirth.

Honestly this is what keeps me away from Marvel a lot of the time. If I just want to read one ongoing/story, it almost feels incomplete because everything they print is so goddamn interconnected

>people are upset with DC integrating Watchmen into Rebirth
No one but "muh sacred cow" autists and Marvel shills getting paid to pretend are upset by this. It's a based as fuck move and being handled brilliantly. I doubt Moore could have done it any better had he done it himself. I almost teared up reading The Button and the upcoming Doomsday Clock event that starts this November by Geoff Johns is shaping up to be an event on par with Crisis on Infinite Earths and Final Crisis in terms of sheer scope, impact and awesomeness.

I pity the Marvel shills that have are too loyal to their precious Ike the Kike to enjoy the best thing any publisher is putting out.

>people are upset with DC integrating Watchmen into Rebirth
You're overestimating the number of comics readers who care. My objection to this is that Johns is cleaning a mess he made by pointing to another writer no longer with the company and saying HE DID IT.

>Marvel shills getting paid
WHO THE FUCK IS PAYING ANYONE TO SHITPOST ON Sup Forums AND WHAT DO YOU THINK THE RATE IS

RIP

Thank you Sanjeeb, 10 Rupees have been deposited into your account.