/trek/

This is the ideal human body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

>mfw they confirmed gender still existed even in the far future

>invent infinite speed drive that 'evolves' (mutates is probably a better term) passengers
>'evolved' passengers are not being able to breathe the atmosphere they 'evolved' in
>also lose mobility
>lose intelligence
>lose dexterity required for tool use
>work out a way to cure people from this transformation by end of episode
>so now they have an infinite speed drive with the mutation problem cured
>don't use this drive to get back to earth though

Don't know why everyone hates on this ep to be honest, it's pretty typical voyager.

There are people in the world that are stupid enough to thing that evolution has some kind of ultimate goal. As if a species is fated to always be smarter, stronger, or faster.

This is the ideal Star Trek episode. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

akoochimoya, I don't want to think of this ever again. No more transwarp and leave the babies here

This is the ideal android body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

OK. Thanks for sharing I guess.

I learned a lot about evolution and myself from this episode.

i havent been here in a while

sorry for coming back

Genesis is just as bad

at least genesis had a spooky feel to it. wtf does the voyager episode have? rape?

OK but how well can they B U T T F U C K

At the end of Genesis, I still understand why the Enterprise continues on with its weekly adventures.

At the end of Threshold, I don't understand why Voyager doesn't just go home.

is geordi a virgin still after the doctor?

I say he still is. He fucked it up by being a creep.

>there are people in this world who are dumb enough to think that a path of evolution is pre-programmed into the species
>not a matter of repeated cycles of variation and selection, the end result of which is superior to what came before at filling its niche

The next episode in their plans had Voyager whipped back out into the middle of nowhere with most of the original cast remaining. It was already written but never filmed.

you sound like maybe your parents were distant?

This episode and Spock's Brain aren't even that bad.
The worst episodes are the ones that are utterly bland and forgettable.

Any Ezriposting is a welcome addition

>Voyager
>continuity
Cute story, kid.

spots

heartily, i believe, the assault on our youth is so much more potent today than it was in 1933.

i remember why i stopped posting

i felt that my posting was as annoying as trekkie29 or w/e and felt bad

welp

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

>Dax is not responsible for her previous host's crimes because she's a completely different person
>Dax can't live with herself if she doesn't uphold her previous host's oath to help kill an albino klingon

What arw the best trek episodes for this god aweful feeling of emptiness

>he thinks sex and gender are the same

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

I have opinions on this, but not this late at night. Sleep calls. Just go watch Wrath of Kahn or something.

jadzia is best dax but ezriposting is good. don't stop, ezriposter.

Heart will win. and i am that victory. -picard

did not odo say he was andd always will be loyal?

>watched first episode of STD
>hur dur dur, prime directive says we cant interfere with aliens species, and cant be seen by them, so lets walk in plain view of the primitive ayys watching, and save their species from a natural disaster hur dur dur
>klingons havent been seen in 100 years and the 1st officer kills the first one she sees
>1st officer almost gets herself killed by radiation poisoning because she wanted to go investigate an unknown object all alone in a space suit 2km from the ship
>1st officer commits mutiny and vulcan nerve pinches the captain because the captain wont do what she wants

What the fuck is this shit

don't ever apologize to wil wheaton

it gets worse

It has to be some new universe, because that doesn't track with anything in the other series.

What doesn't?

Breaking the prime directive to save lives is a proud tradition in Star Trek.

i never thought i wouldhave to,, buddy me lad.

There is no room for 100 years of no klingons.

Why not? They got sick of humans after they had to deal with Archer.

In old trek they would have shot the ayys water well open from space, so as to not directly interefere. But in STD they send two people in on foot, walking in plain view of the ayys, who stand over the well with a phaser and blast it several times to open the well up, and then walk off into the desert to be picked up by their ship.

And then the ship was only able to find them in the desert because they walked around in the sand making a big star fleet insignia when viewed from up in the air.

In old Trek, Kirk would beam down to the planet, shake hands and introduce himself to the natives, and argue the computer to death.

ii hold no man against himself who judges ds9 inferior.

your comments do not warrant concern.

There is not 100 years between Archer and Kirk.

Who's comments?

>this is what the average american will look like in the 24th century, and it's beautiful

You sound like a stuck up kinda guy. Get real, please.

artistry through things like trek and what it stands for is so important

Enterprise season 4: 2154 - 2155
Original Series season 1: 2266 - 2267

You apologize right now.

>watching Sexually Transmitted Disease
>the ships dont line themselves up with eachother when they start communicating
>trying to talk with some fucking vulcans and their ship is just sitting there sideways

Should be some rules for talking in space. Line your goddamn ships up as common courtesy to eachother.

I am always humbled by what trek has always been to me.

STD is non-canon user.

PLEASE report this faggot again

We're talking about Archer and Kirk, you worthless tourist.

No. Kirk wasn't meeting long lost Klingons that nobody had seen in a century. It wasn't even his first day on the job.

>poor little enterprise

Right, because they showed up again 10 years before Errand of Mercy.

If we're actually being realistic for some reason, starships would never be that close together.

>The angry guy in yet another thread.

>severely limited mobility
>peak performance

I have a right to be angry if someone tells me that the difference between 2155 and 2266 is less than 100.

Why are the Star Trek writers so obsessed with Irish people?

he is right but you sound like youre projecting

The guy told you the series was non-canon. Do you believe people are impressed by your overreactions to every situation you put yourself in?

Probably read the US constitution to them as well.

To be honest they'd have been fine posing as 'random strangers', were the aliens random human-shaped-but-with-pointy-ears that prior trek always did.

HOWEVER they chose to make the aliens bugs so w/e.

REALLY DOCTOR?

What series? 2155 is from Enterprise, 2266 is from the Original Series.

If you don't know what those are then you're a tourist.

Who are you trying to reply to this time?

Aside from jews it gives whites an excuse to be shown also they probably support the glorious irish freedom fighters.

Who are you trying to reply to? I made a post talking about TOS and ENT and suddenly you're replying to me about STD. Did you click on the wrong post?

Track your links backwards. You haven't been in that discussion for a while.

I posted about TOS/ENT and received a reply about STD. You clicked on the wrong post.

Your ancient post had 3 replies, and you seems to have lost track of which one you are replying to. track your post backwards. It will only take a moment, it isn't difficult.

You're floundering badly.

the hurtfulness of certian comments is overlooked in some cases.

Whatever you say, cadet. You win, I admit that I was super-duper-secretly talking about STD when I listed the calendar years for Kirk and Archer.

the grand nagus was a weak leader, i thought quark would have been better.

What are you foaming about now?

sorry about drawing but he was evil? the guy?

Is Discovery so bad that it makes you wish Voyager was still on?

sopck was asperger?

No user. You're still unique.

no. those are both good shows

>What doesn't?

Magic teleporting space tardigrade horizontal gene transfer-based fungal intergalactic mycellium network.

her breast almost hurt to watch. still i do

Why?

Global Rule #10

i wonder if we could take the hardships of the enerp. crew?

did roddenberry ever foresee what his series would be?

Hi /agdg/.

His big thing was that the Earth had life figured out, and the crew would always basically get along. Making the regular cast consistently angry with each other is lazy soap writing that he wouldn't tolerate... except when he did it to Spock and McCoy.

no, he didnt, cus religion still exists.

Earth is just one of many colonies, though.

i feel kinda turned off...,