Why did most of you not like this movie? it's literally Nolan's best flick to date

Why did most of you not like this movie? it's literally Nolan's best flick to date.

Other urls found in this thread:

inews.co.uk/culture/film/dunkirk-wrong-historian-james-holland/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a plot less mess that looks pretty

Unpleasant to watch with the volume
The subplot with the dead teen was eyeroll worthy
The pro war propaganda was a bit too on the nose.

i liked it

I just watched it and honestly I didn't mind the lack of plot and actual characters. It felt more immersive that way.

It was great.

It's definitely war-kino. It's also patrician.

It's neither historically accurate or interesting. Just a fucking mess.

It's not a war film by any definition.

It's post modern art, garbage thrown on a canvas that everyone says is art. Structure and story telling will always endure hopefully.

>English being cowards while blaming the French for being cowards
>War kino
Checks out

It felt pointless and inconsequential

Much like your little dick.

what’s not accurate?

they wanted a scene with hitler saying he called off his troops to remain peaceful with britain

The Master and Commander of its time.

Trash.

Boring, watched for 50 minutes then deleted it. Pointless movie.

What was even the point? It had no real plot or characters, it just looked nice. It was a glorified Michael Bay flick.

The time thing was iffy and there were underwhelming moments here and there, but overall I think the movie works and I respect what they were trying to do and how much they pulled off.

Watched it in Imax; I wouldn't imagine watching it any other way. The sound effects and immersion are probably more than half the experience.

I don't blame people for not liking it on their TV's or on their computers/tablets.

But Imax brings it to life and makes it a really unique, different, amazing experience.

>the troops must be evacuated
>there is an imposter
>a soldier struggles with his fear
>a pilot must protect the troops while not knowing exactly how much fuel he has
>no plot
????

I think Bane's subplot in particular is very nice, simple but tense.

>deleted it
retard. you're supposed to watch it in IMAX

It felt like a Nicholas Winding Refn movie but less colorful

it was a bit blue Tbh

Still by far Nolan's best though.

Let me put it this way. This movie was so well made that it doesn't conflict with holocaust revisionism at all. There's no dispute that Germany was at war, so the movie can be watched all the way through without feeling like you're being targeted with false history.

Tom Hardy stole the show. Best aerial combat ever filmed.

>Watches historical drama war film that takes place over a day
>Complains of lack of plot

>Noland tries to be Malick: the flick

Considering it's an entire army retreating it sure didn't look like more than three hundred soldiers. Also I know it was intentional leaving the enemy mostly unseen to create tension, but I feel it doesn't properly convey that. There's a couple of bombers that felt adequately threatening when they fucked up the boats, but the enemy presence closing in on the beach felt laughable. It starts with like five people dying in rapid succession on the streets and fizzles out to some bored dudes taking potshots at a boat.

It's confusing as fuck

So you could say you knew about as much about what was going on as the soldiers on the beach?

Sure, but I don't think that's a positive thing.

i enjoyed it, but it was unquestionably nolan's second worst film - the dark knight rises being the worst

You think all movies need to fuckin hold your hand?

boring as fuck
and I liked Silence

the first hour was really slow, I turned it off and almost didn't pick it up again, I did finish it today and was pleasantly surprised, it was good, not great.

War kino that brainlets will never understand.

I WANNA SEA SLRDIERS TALK BOUT FEELIES ROUNDT CAMPFRIERE, DRUKIRK SUX, NONO PLOT NONO STRORY

>hey theres ralph fiennes playing a colonel
>oh no wait its some other guy
>hey theres simon pegg flying an airplane
>oh no wait its some other guy

white people arr rook same :the movie

Bad editing, bungled payoffs, unhelpful retarded character

lol, the silence is deafening. these fucks never back up their manufactured gripes.

>Why did most of you not like this movie?
'cause someone called Chris Nolan made it.

>I'll just wrote argument that I don't agree with with brainlet wojak and therefore refuted them
Face it, this movie had no characters to connect with.
And if you liked it anyways, it wasn't for artistic reasons, but rather because of your own agenda.

inews.co.uk/culture/film/dunkirk-wrong-historian-james-holland/

so the scale wasn't big enough, a plane landed on sand using its landing gear and it had too much ammo?

yeah it's practically a fantasy movie

I thought it was horribly slow which is ok because most war movies are. What annoyed me was I came into the movie thinking the beach was going to be hell and it wasn't that at all. The fact is 300,000 made it out alive but it would have been a better movie if 30,000 made it. Nonstop bombs dropping on that beach is what I signed up for. Not you sank my battleship over and over with a lackluster aerial fight here and there.

>Bane
>Causes the crash of planes with no survivors
What did nolan mean by this

I think Memento is much better than this one, but Dunkirk is probably my second or third favorite.

Dunkirk summarized in one webm

it's kino user. fuck these faggots.

Tension is created by music not by images. Music was my biggest problem it was really irritating in some parts. Also for a war film about survival I could not care less if the main characters were killed.

I didn't like it. It was boring as fuck and failed to capture the terror of war in the slightest.

What agenda would I have liking a movie you sperg?

"Nolan can do no wrong"? "I didn't just completely waste my money on a movie that has nothing to tell"? Something similar.

Man some of these responses, Sup Forums is so fucking pleb

I watched it 140mm and fucking loved it. Its 1st act is mostly visual story telling and it was war kino

Not much depth to character, while also lacking in battle spectacle. Nicely directed and I liked how the visual story telling was the focus here, but it was repetitive, lackluster and overall uninspired.

Not a character driven film

It's the best movie of 2017 too. It doesn't have a plot but it doesn't need one, it's not like TLJ

It's not character drive, nor does it have any spectacle in it, so what's the point in making a war film without those two major elements?

>spectacle
>"major element"
Go to sleep Michael Bay