/who/ - Doctor Who General

ONE edition

- last time

but what's so bad about it? I haven't listened to it.

TWO

THREE

FOUR!!!!

P much everything desu

Reminder that in 2017 we had
>a multi-master episode with john simm and michelle gomez
>a multi-doctor episode with capaldi and the first doctor
>mondasian cybermen
>alpha centauri

>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 2.5
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the third /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction, because following the success of Shit Trips 1 and 2, /who/ has started another anthology of wondrous tales. God help us.

This time, the rules will be a tad different, as in we actually have rules now. The stories must be about:

> alternate Doctors (original Doctors, fanmade Doctors, Unbound Doctors, Doctors of wild divergence from canon)

> spinoff characters from audios, books, comics, etc (Torchwood, Erimem, Faction Paradox, Vienna, Sarah Jane Adventures, Iris Wildthyme, etc)

>companion focused stories (stories with the companion facing a threat, or dealing with life, WITHOUT the Doctor)

Besides that, no limits (and your story can be in more than one category above).

>Can still be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".

>the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck

Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them.

Rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't spam long texts in /who/ directly). (Pastebin or google drive works well.) And remember to mention, preferably in your work post, what you want your author moniker to be, which doesn't have to be your real name. Also, if you write in Shit Trips 2.5, Paul McGann will come and act in a fanfilm for you. Actually, he'll do that either way.

Remember, it doesn’t matter if it’s shit, just have fun! Deadline is April 2nd.

DR WHO ESCAPED DEATH? NO WAY.

when you meet a cast member and wanna take a photo

/who/ related I'm not sure my man, but I usually listen to a playlist specially designed to pick me up. Do you have something like that? Also if you want to vent or just talk, you can always message me on Discord. That goes for any of you /who/res, I'm open ears for anyone, here is my Discord: DocJohn#9286.

Meh I literally only use it to talk to fellow /who/res

>Hi honey!

when you meet a cast member and wanna take a photo

I just sent a friend request.

When The Master eventually returns, will they bother explaining how?

is he the new chris chan?

Why are her tits so comfy lads?
>tfw you will never watch Doctor Who with Sesska and hold her when she gets absurdly emotional about literally anything remotely sad that happens

adam doesn't make enough content of his own to be a chris chan

Haven't gotten it

Previously on The Catterson Chronicles

Bok!

I've never seen a more inviting bosom

Sent again. First three letters is "Sco"

Bok?

chicky 13 when

Bok

Bruh are you famous World of Warcraft raider, Sco?

Bok!!

Oh, Bok!

The black teacher from School Reunion is also darker than others krillitanes in krillitane true form.

HYPE

good meme

good post

Oh! OHHHHHH YES THAT IS GOOD

was rewatching deep breath after a while, its actually pretty good. im sure now that 12 didn't push the droid

so i'm starting 12's 2nd season
what am i in for
will it be better than the last one?

best series

series 9 is fucking GOAT and has the added bonus of having the greatest episode of doctor who ever written in it

Shouldn't you have used a hen?

>egg on burger
GOAT taste. Let's bring back food talk to ring in the new year.

Is it kino?

Is the beet pickled?
Eggs on burgers are pretty GOAT

Nope

That's too much disparate stuff though, can't beat good old mushroom 'n' swiss cheese

This isn’t a thesis on the joys of beef and bread. Nor is it a study of those other great toppings that often grace Australian burgers: bacon, preferably rashers of the soft and pliable kind; a fried egg with slow-motion oozing yolk. Instead, let us reflect on the long-life miracle that is canned beetroot, and the distinctly antipodean twang it lends to the hamburger.

As ubiquitous as they are, hamburgers are a relatively recent addition to our diet. Claims as to the origins and inventor of the sandwich are many – among them, Genghis Khan and the German city of Hamburg, as well as Australia’s beloved rissoles – with the 1904 St Louis World’s Fair regarded by many (but not all) as its world premier.

Australian hamburger sightings started during the ’30s: a by-product, no doubt, of our blossoming post-first world war relationship with America, but it wasn’t until the 1940s that beetroot began regularly appearing alongside tomato, lettuce and onion on burgers. That was thanks largely to the openings of the Edgell and Golden Circle canneries in 1926 and 1947 respectively – but one of the more interesting theories, however, suggests the trend has its origins in pranking US troops ashore on R&R.

“Maybe it was our desire not to be Americanised?” ponders Warren Fahey, Australian folklore collector and author of Australian food history compendium, Tucker Track. “For some reason the idea of hamburger wrapping stained by beetroot juice was accepted as the sign of a great hamburger. People get quite emotional over the subject of Australian hamburgers. Some say a real hamburger must have slices of canned beetroot and others still declare its inclusion as a travesty.”

WHAT
WHY DID NONE OF YOU TELL ME THIS HAPPENED

I'm a bit skeptical.
www.outback.com/menu/entrees/forkless-features/the-outbacker-burger

According to Fahey, beetroot on burgers had its heyday in the ’50s and ’60s. Following the simultaneous 1971 arrival of fast food’s big two – the first McDonald’s opened in the Sydney suburb of Yagoona, while Hungry Jacks, the Aussie nom de plume of Burger King, began its Aussie campaign in Innaloo, just north of Perth – the combination’s popularity began to wane, as did that of milk bars, beachside kiosks and other traditional hamburger vendors.

Despite the sustained growth of American franchises, however, Australia’s burger-with-beetroot population remains stable. Even once the big players pull their seasonal go-Aussie burgers after 26 January, the odds of finding a beetroot-enriched specimen at a neighbourhood lunch bar or new-wave “gourmet” hamburger chain remain good.

Still, they’re far from a restaurant-only treat and preparing winning burgers at home is within the grasp of even the most novice of cooks. It’s all about structural integrity, both in the beef and the bread (say yes to soft white buns and no to chewy sourdough).

A good, proportionately scaled patty is the nucleus of a good burger, so buy buns smaller than your patties. The meat will shrink as it cooks. Better yet, make your own patties and shape each one slightly larger than the buns you’ll be using. While budget and taste will dictate the beef you or your butcher will be mincing – grass-fed or grain-fed? Ribeye or rump? – avoid lean cuts like eye round or topside: a healthy percentage of fat in your mince will yield juicier, tastier burgers.

It’s also important not to overload your base. Taking the extra minute to properly spin- or pat-dry your lettuce will be time well spent. If you’re chasing a little extra nutrition, baby spinach leaves are an ideal stand-in for iceberg lettuce.

in case you haven't noticed, outback steakhouse is an american-created estimation of australian culture and has no actual ties to australia

Yes or no?

why?

Rather than the single thick, ungainly disc of tomato, make your slices thinner but put more of them in the burger. One neat trick Mum taught me as a kid was separately packing “wet” ingredients like tomato, pineapple rings and beetroot, then adding them to your burger at the last possible moment.

Soggy sangers in lunchboxes and picnic baskets are a sad, sad, thing – as is the fact the country’s last Australian-owned cannery shut in 2013. Fortunately, the signs are promising that farmers in Queensland’s Lockyer Valley might soon have a processing facility to call their own. It’s a cause we can all get behind, not just for the sake of a rural Australian community, but in the name of national pride: an Aussie hamburger made using beetroot processed overseas just doesn’t seem fair dinkum.

Outcuck Soyhouse is nothing like actual Aussie food, it's just like how literally nobody actually drinks Fosters in Australia

very no
and I say that as an australian

yes but cut up instead of rings like that

No

Why are these a thing.

you disgust me

Yes.

sweet shit does not belong on a pizza

Doctor Who is dead.

This is how wars are started.

Have you never had BBQ chicken pizza, mate?

bbq sauce is not sweet

God i miss chicken salt

>Pickles
keep that shit away from my burgers m8

I used the best chicken google wanted to give me

Issa joke. You mean to tell me a bloomin onion isn't Australia's national appetizer? It's not even an estimation. They just put Australian names in front of everything to ridiculous effect.
'Murrica
It's nothing like actual food, period. If we're being honest.

kek I've never been, although I know where one is here

Kindanonymous has the best Aussie food info since he works at an actual establishment offering such things

Not all BBQ sauce are the same, especially in burgerland. Nearly every region has their own very different variation, and some are fairly sweet.

Molasses is one of it's primary ingredients usually right? Unlike the person you're responding to, however I think sweet shit on pizza is just fine.

just because kindanon works at a maccas doesn't make him an authority on food

maccas dont even offer australian style burgers

Hawaiian pizza specifically is supposed to be pineapple + ham, though

Neo, I always forget, are you the cloister who lives in Korea?

are you telling me that the big mac blt isn't the australian classic they're insisting it is?

When I think about aussie food too much I feel like the master raving in EOT...bunnings snags, fairy bread, lamingtons, pavlova, burger with the lot, chiko rolls, anzac biscuits, vegemite scrolls, cheese and bacon rolls, ahgrr there's so much
At least I have vegemite and tim tams here

Yup I live and work in Korea

Do they not do the McOz anymore?

>tfw you remember over half the world has never heard of a sausage roll before

Explain the vegemite meme to me.

really?

This is the abomination!
tfw no party pies and sausage rolls here

What's the meme? It's great, I slather it on thick, it's lovely and salty and bitter and delicious with butter on toast. It's an acquired taste though, most aussies have had since they were kiddies.

Reminds me of school lunch pizzas. Which have such a unique texture and taste that nothing i've had since comes close. They were quite good,
They have them in the US but you have to get them at like world market, or some US facsimiles exist. Like schwan's bagel dogs.

>bunnings snags
>fairy bread
>vegemite scrolls
I swear you're making some of that shit up. It sounds like you're checking your inventory in a fucking fantasy world

ive never had vegemite AMA

I used to have it when I was a kid but I only remotely liked it when it was used sparingly alongside butter

dafuq

its real!

>he's never had a bunnings snag or sprinkles on buttered bread

All this local food talk makes me sad. Ever since I moved to cletusland, I haven't had a tritip sandwich. Nobody even knows what that is here.

I have no idea what vegemite even is AMA

It's weirdly demotivating, missing your local food, I didn't expect it to be such a big deal for me.

ahgr gimme gimme

I'm Australian and the thought of Vegemite on anything makes me sick

holy shit bok was australian all this time
are you NSW like the rest of us?

Ah okey, is there anyway I can speak with you privately? Wanna ask something. I'd do it on the stream but I'm on phone and cytu is horrible mobile