Why the fuck was he in this movie?

Why the fuck was he in this movie?
Wasn't it enough for some random bitch to walk up and beat the shit out of Luke?
Did he really need to appear out of nowhere, for no reason, just to zap a tree?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yoda is old, cut him some slack.

Remember the funny talk green man?

user, be reasonable, if they didn't kill off Ackbar and make Luke and Yoda out of character then they couldn't ruin Star Wars.

>btw I can use force-powers from beyond, sorry for not mentioning it until now
Why the fuck didn't this ghost-clown drop some lightning on the emperor and snoke?

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
was offensively dumb and weird

Plot device to get Luke to act. Rey tried. She tried using Leia. R2 tried, also tried using Leia. I think chewy tried. Yoda was the last straw and he made Luke think he burned the texts to motivate him. It makes sense within the context of THIS movie.

Anywhere else it's dogshit. #notmyluke

What the fuck did you think 'more powerful than you could possibly imagine' meant?

>beat the shit out of Luke

What fucking movie did you watch? Luke took her staff out of her hands like she was a child. If he wanted, he probably could have thrown her around as easily as Snoke did later, but Luke isn't a cunt and was shocked by her pulling a lightsaber on him all of a sudden.

>more powerful than you could possibly imagine
You couldn't hear him say the last part "and give less fucks than you could ever believe."

>people that think practical is always better than CGI

Yoda's puppet looked like shit. It baffles me how bad it looks despite the Disney budget, especially seeing Empire right before it.

to keep luke from knowing the books were on the falcon already.

have to please the manbabies. Also, why did he regress to his ESB asshole personality as a force ghost? Makes no goddamn sense

t. watched the RLM half in the bag

effects the physical realm, needs Luke to act????????????

But that's true. His crazy old man shtick was to fuck around with Luke to make his reveal as a Jedi Master even greater. He was teaching Luke a lesson.

>Did he really need to appear out of nowhere, for no reason, just to zap a tree?

Yeah. It made sense, and it was fine.

Why didn't Yoda just ride an eagle to the second Death Star?

Correct, that's exactly what they were doing.

Everyone thought the first film was a retread of A New Hope, right? It was, and it set up a bunch of stuff that you thought would take two more movies to resolve.

Instead, the second film subverted all expectations and now the slate is completely blank. No matter how big a nerd you are you have no idea where third one is going to go, huh?>

They're aware of the audience, but they're not pandering to it. It's exactly the opposite.

Stop reading books.

You're missing the massive fucking subtext that everything Kylo, Luke and Yoda said was true. The Jedi religion is obsolete.

It's implicit that Rey sees through all this bullshit. Luke is fucking ~offended~ that she doesn't recoil from "the dark side", but it's simply that Rey doesn't really necessarily believe that the dark side is even a real thing.

The Jedi are paranoid that "the dark side" will corrupt them, just like how Ren is afraid "the light side" will corrupt him. It's all in their fucking heads. There is no dark side, or light side, there's only the force.

So then what was the evil force hole with the mirror in it?

Dang do you think maybe a mirror might be some kind of philosophical metaphor? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

stop saying rey beat luke, he was kicking her ass, toying with her and disarmed her, she only "won" because the angry cunt whipped out her piece like a crazy bitch. Its the equivalent of whipping out a bat in the middle of a boxing match.

no truer words from a nu male. just fuck my 1000 years of jedi history up.

well yeah but apparently the hole wasn't evil and instead of being a reflection it was like a weird two mirrors across from each other infinity thing.

and from my knowledge luke never had his rotj lightsaber, what happened to it?

your jedi history was written within a month of shooting by a fat, lazy hack director who just sits down, uses poetry and drinks his coffee.

They’d be one with the force and eternally live through it as it’s directly shown to be the case in the OT you stupid shit

still canon

Probably lost it when Kylo Ren chimped out

luke was always a grey jedi desu

so im gonna write you down as a "no" for coming up with new shit in the franchise with wizards, laser swords, and space magic.

so is ep 8

>Thousands and thousands of years
>no one just thinks “hey it’s all just in our heads why the dark side is bad!”
>people who have tried to meddle in the dark side or accidentally tumbled in it end up being corrupted without severe will power and discipline
>Rey can just do it

You’re fucking retarded and so is this movie for saying such an asinine thing when time and time again that’s been shown to be false.

Fuck no. The whole point of the Kylo/Luke flashback subplot was that it was Luke's paranoia that cost him the temple and made Ben into Kylo in the first place.

And he was a fucking bitch about her looking in the hole. Just because he had some fashion sense in Return Of The Jedi doesn't mean he's a cool guy

8s that girl that come into your club and fucks it all up.

I'm not sure you know what asinine means so I'm dispensing with your opinion.

in the ot there was plenty of shit to suggest that he was a grey jedi or a darker than average one

> just die and become one with the force and fix everyone’s problems with huge rippling powers like summoning a storm to destroy shit with lightning

You have any idea what dumb implications this has for future people that die or become one with the force? This is the one ultimate level of just die to become stronger or power level creep. This is some horrendous story telling

eh not for me, i stopped caring for star wars around ep 2. I enjoyed ep 8 mildy but still enough to have an opinion on the franchise again.

No that's the whole point. Every Jedi spends their lives tortured by the "temptation" of the "dark side". It isn't fucking real. Luke buying into that shit makes him a standard Jedi, that's all.

Foolish which is exactly what it is you dumb cunt of a fool.

you do realize it takes alot to come back as a ghost right? like theres only 4 jedi in caqnon who have done it and one of them was anakin....somehow...this franchise has never made sense.

I stopped caring after it got sold but still give my opinion.

Why didn't Yoda or Obi-Wan ever visit Luke to give him a pep talk while he was sulking like a bitch for 10 years?

he uses the dark side alot more than the average jedi and doesnt become corrupted from it. It doesnt even phase him, there was no temptation.

ie it's bullshit

They didn't become a megacorporation by writing a lot of cheques.

Remember the helmet hallucination from OT?

Rey isn't inherently evil, but Luke recoils from her because she's strongly influenced by the Dark Side. In fact, it's Rey's Dark Side stubbornness that prevents her from forming emotional bonds with Luke or Kylo, so she is pulling Jedi wisdom directly from the Force. Her understanding of the Force can't be corrupted.

tl;dr SW is a server reset. Rey hacks but no one will do anything about it so everyone just hates Rey.

>massively contradict every previously established rule in the universe
>create thousands of plot holes and character inconsistencies out of nowhere
>hurrrrrrr is smart cause is new
Go write a different series if you want your fiction in an entirely different universe.

pretty sure force choke is not an ability the light side offers

>Haha mommy! Babby make poopy in diaper!

Before the stupidity of the prequels it was never established that it was a brand new technique. Not to mention it makes you think of all sorts of story breaking elements

>why didn’t quigon ever show up to help guide Obi with Anakins tutelage earlier? >How could he be one with the force and die normally but never do the fade away thing but still become a force ghost?
>why doesn’t Obi wan help Luke fight Vader?
>why didn’t all the force ghost gang up on the emperor and Vader at any point especially when Luke looked liked he was going to be completely fried to a crisp
>why didn’t Yoda or Obi show up to help Luke or anyone stop the first order from growing or beating up Snoke/Kylo since they can interact physically now?
>if Luke doesn’t show up in IX to do something spectacularly as ghost physically what does that mean? Is he just an asshole?

pretty sure yoda could force choke you if he wanted to

we just saw him use the lightning move, huh?

>my internet nemesis might have used a word wrong but I’m too dumb to tell
Congratulations, you have officially found the lamest excuse to not address a point I have ever seen.

>dark side has been shown to physically corrupt and influence people’s decisions
>lol dude it’s all in your head

Even if that’s the case it’d take a fucking guru to master it

you know this is the same franchise where you can use the force manipulate cells to create life and lose the will to live right?

Yoda does and they drink milk together. Obi wans actor is dead.

jesus christ you still haven't figured out that sheeve used her life to save Anikin.

of course he could, but that doesn't make it a light side ability does it?

And everyone acknowledges that shit was stupid too. Two stupid shots don’t make a right.

People were hoping these new movies would improve and expand on the stories and lore within not crap on what was already there.

>claim: this new space fantasy stuff doesn’t fit with the old space fantasy stuff
>rebuttal: the space fantasy series is fantastical
Can you see why this is not a strong argument?

i know it does but its still canon, in all honesty the movies stopped making sense long before ep8 so when people are crying about ep 8 being stupid and breaking canon i kek a bit in my pantaloons.

And the point of him using that was to show Luke was treading the line throughout the movie. He ultimately makes a decision at the end of the movie not to go down that path.

DID YOU WATCH THE MOVIE WITH YOUR BRAIN ON!?!?

if you believe the "dark side" has a price while you "indulge" in it then yeah, you're going to be capable of using the force to inflict that "price" on yourself. Palpatine wasn't twisted because he used the dark side, he was twisted because he was a twisted person.

If you act like a total dummy don't expect people to think talking to you isn't a waste of time
lol at calling yourself my "nemesis" also

It's neither. If you use the force to choke somebody you're a dick, it has nothing to do with the choking itself being a "dark side power" or something.

thats a theory, and would take writer with agency and nuance to pull off.

i not disputing that you fucking mong, that was his whole arc. My point was luke has meddled with the dark side while most jedi's are too paranoid or lack the restraint to drown in it, Luke didnt and he believes in balance more than light and dark, good and evil, kinda like a grey jedi.

lol dude I’m not the same guy you were arguing with, I’m just some rando struck by how lame that defense was

Padme literally just lost the will to live after the man she loved turned into a monster.
Never saw how this was crazier than real life.

That's how it plays out on screen the only stupid thing is believing a robot that says ooba.

Don’t people die of losing will to live in the real world, too? Not a doctor but I have anecdotes about healthy and happy family members keeling over as soon as their spouses die

Or it makes him better suited than anybody to tell the audience that Rey is right about there not really being any dark or light sides

... in the next movie, when he comes back as a ghost

Thats not the point i was trying to make, my point is the series has always been adding stuff that pisses the fanbase off and fucks with the established lore, eventually people forget about it.

But dude le epix Yodaaaa xp

Uh huh. You know you can get browser extensions that count new unique IPs as they appear and infer who each poster is, right?>

a women of that health and age dying of child pregnacy because she was depressed, yeah she totally didnt die because she wasnt in the ot. Isn't rots the movie where all the characters end up and remain in their starting position in anh FOR 20 YEARS

You have failed to engage with my point. Stranger things have happened that someone losing the will to live because their lover became a delusional monster.

Don't forget that this is a world where faster than light travel is a normal thing.

>people want stuff more in line to with the more competent originals
>direct continuation of those OT more competent films
>people all over hoping to forget the stain of the dumb prequels
>lol fuck let’s have some more movies be stupid like the prequels

It’s easy to see why everyone’s upset. Now everyone knows for sure not to expect quality coming from these movies

i watched the webm and got mad. then i've went to warch the movie and it was exactly the way you describe it

ok for the sake of moving on ill withdraw but was their romance believable in the first place to justify death of a broken heart.
She already knew how much of a fucking power hungry megalomaniac he was.

no R1 fucks up leia.

Burn them you must.

But I don’t believe we were talking about things that make the fanbase rage, I thought we were trying to talk about the coherence of the storytelling. Jar Jar pissed the hell out of the fanbase but nothing he does goes against the previous rules of the universe.
This, however, contradicts every other movies’ rules and starts making Yoda and Obi-Wan look like total assholes for not flinging a few lightning bolts into the Death Star reactors or Sheev’s back.
Can you tell the difference?

Its the star wars fanbase, people will make ammunition out of anything and bullshit to win their debacles.

She also knew that he was a good kid at heart. She met him before the Jedi fucked his mind up, remember.

Watch a cartel video sometime. They carve people's hands and faces off with razor knives and stand around laughing while someone waits for them to get bored and just end it already but they're stuck living every last second of their lives. They don't even get to pass out mostly. Just scream and beg and suffer.
But Padme was probably super unhappy, too.

>Yoda's puppet looked like shit. It baffles me how bad it looks despite the Disney budget, especially seeing Empire right before it.
Why are people saying this? It looked just like the OT puppet. Sure, it was very different to the prequels CGI Yoda but that's because prequels Yoda is completely different to OT Yoda. Disney is clearly trying to pretend the prequels never happened as much as possible.

Pretty sure there was a line in empire or return where obi wan says something along the line of "it takes a lot to manifest in the physical world" and if not they can easily write around it like midichlorians and boom fixed, move on.

People have literally died from a broken heart in real life though. This is not a made up thing.

Phone posting

none of that ever comes up.

yeah but come the fuck on, that doesnt excuse that their romance is still the most awkward forced relationship in cinema history, i may be exageratting but not by a mile here. She barely knew him as a kid either, can she really be surprised that this dude who has emotional temper tantrums, rants about his hatred and annoyance with every aspect of the jedi, wants power like alot, murders women and children (though they were arabs), and supports a fascist dictator ship, turned to the dark side to start ...his new empuuuuure

...so why can they shoot lightning one place and not somewhere else? Why even include the lightning scene if they intend to write around it?
Come on, man, you really don’t have to keep defending this dreck.

Protip Rey is a genetic experiment created by Vader to destroy both the Sith and the Jedi. She's basically Ender. Not winning isn't something she's capable of because she was made that way.

>sideways picture posting

>Wasn't it enough for some random bitch to walk up and beat the shit out of Luke?
nah, it wasn't enough for (((them)))

I think she can though. He's clearly VERY changed from the first time they meet up in RotS, to the Mustafar landing platform.
Anakin was a fucked up guy, but he wasn't a sneaky snake. He was an honest person with Padme.