YOU. KILLED. MY. MOTHER!

kek

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QcbyjqF5-ps
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Martha.

REDDIT OFF
YOU AND ME

Chris Pratt is a meme actor. He isn't capable of serious acting at all. Was this seriously the best take Gunn could get from him?

What was wrong with it?

Am I the only one who wasn't triggered by that scene? If anything, it actually felt like something 616 Quill would do. He actually did sort of do a similar thing to Thanos.

>Enemy is too powerful for them
>If the enemy goes a step further they all die
>Use a last ditch effort of acting buffoonish to confuse and distract the enemy

The second one was less defensible (like that awful Pacman moment), but the dance off thing made sense to me.

Seriously? His line delivery was fucking amateur. He sounded like a kid trying to do serious acting.

>pacman construct
>not a Skeletor construct that made a Nyeh sound when it collided with Ego's
Such a wasted opportunity

Seemed fine to me. Might just be because I'm a redditor cuck, though.

He's getting better IMO
10 years ago he indeed was like a kid trying to act

youtube.com/watch?v=QcbyjqF5-ps

Go back.

I was joking, retard. I've browsed reddit maybe once or twice back in high school.

You fuckers have this shit down to the point where it's like a defense mechanism built into your psyche. Go outside, breath some air. There's more to life than reddit and Sup Forums.

You have to go back.

post yfw

>I-I see it... Eternity!

shit gave me cosmic chills

He was weirdly all over the place in the movie. He's fantastic at delivering comedic lines and being nonchalant, but doing serious things is usually kind of awkward. Not NEARLY as bad as how flat Gamorrah could be though, she felt bored through half the movie, even if that's kinda in character.
His screaming during Yondu's death and reading his eulogy was really great though.

The dance-off was fine. The heroes needed a distraction and that would absolutely distract a religious zealot like Ronan. Abnett Star Lord would've done the same thing if he was into 80's shit like MCU Star Lord is.

Kys pajeet

>dur hur the acting in muh comic book movies isn't on par with Citizen Kane

go away, Sup Forums. yeah, Chris Patt isn't a great actor, but why is this even warranted for a thread in comics and cartoons? yeah, its a movie based on a comic, but what does his acting skills have to do with the comic aspect exactly? oh, right, it doesn't, because Sup Forums retards need to spread like a cancer just like Sup Forums, while at the same time talking shit about reddit being a cancer. it almost perfectly parallels actual politics.

I loved that. I'm a sucker for crazy shit like that, and also the eyes thing.

You have to go back to Sup Forums.

The problem in this scene is that Quill says "You killed my mom AND DESTROYED MY WALKMAN!"

Are you for real? You're putting those two in the same level of importance?

Fuck off. This was way worse than the "you, me. Danceoff" line

>The problem in this scene is that Quill says "You killed my mom AND DESTROYED MY WALKMAN!"

That is not the same scene.

He didn't say both in the same scene. Two lines in two different scenes.

The walkman was all he had of his mom for like, 20 years. Ego basically killed her again when he crushed it.

Also the Walkman is his only connection to Earth and his mom. Of course it's super important to him.

That walkman and the tape were the last mementos he had of his mother. Which they made sure to evidence by having it be playing "Brandy" when Ego smashed it.

Do people seriously just not pay attention anymore?

You have to go back.

His walkman was his only link back to earth and his mother
are you retarded? it's like when a little kid carries around their favourite blanket or whatever, it's more to him than just some le memey 70s songs machine

I loved how much Rocket tried to take after Quill in this, even becoming fonder of his music than the man himself. The little raccoon really needs a friend and despite all the bickering Peter is the closest one he has.

Christ. I get the hate. But some people really are just looking for stuff to bitch about. Of course he's going to fucking care about his walkman.

>a bit annoyed that MCU Star Lord, outside of being an anti-heroic douche, isn't much like his comic book version
>then Volume 2 happens
>Comic Star-Lord went REEEEEEEEing into space because aliens killed his mom
>an alien is revealed to have murdered his mom in Volume 2
>Quill cleaned up his act as tried to be a hero after his actions during Annihilation 1 and 2 caused a whole lot of people to die
>Quill is indirectly party to the murder of millions after Ego uses him as a battery and now he has to live with that guilt

Good stuff

Good Peter! That's good anger you're showin' there! See that?! That's emotional character development based on what's happening in the storyline! Not at all like in the DC movies!

Goddammit Cartman.

It doubly sucks because while he copied the music elsewhere, he only had the real physical tape of Volume 2 outside of its gift wrapping for a few scant months

>tries to get the music working in the beginning despite Quill thinking it was unnecessary
>gets them to play some of Quill's music on the Ravager's ship when he and Yondu escape
Peter x Rocket confirmed
Gunn has discussed how this movie sees Rocket put away his selfish needs and see that he can let other people in, which is extremely different to how asshole-ish he was in Vol 1 and 2. Rocket got some great development and has a lot of heart, which is weird since he's a CGI talking raccoon.

yeah the whole plot of the movie is basically spurred by Rocket being upset that senpai doesn't notice him.

Do you seriously have nothing better to do than try to start a company war in the thread? Just fuck off already.

It's actually two different scenes.
The scene in OP is when he first realizes what Ego did, and the scene you're referencing is when Ego has all the Guardians down for the count just as Quill figures out how to access Ego's powers.
Thought for the record they're both better than "WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!"
Marvel may be silly sometimes, but at least when they're silly it's intentional.

Didn't he say "you shouldn't have killed my mom and squished my walkman" when The Chain starts playing?

Yep, despite all the meme-ing about MCU Peter, he did get some great development in Vol 2, somewhat mirroring his comic book origins.

The major complaint with MCU Peter is that his jokes are just seen as jokes, rather than a coping mechanism to deal with his guilt. Now he has that guilt from Ego and the death of Yondu. Gunn said there will be a significant maturation when we see them all next. The team was still going through teething issues since Vol 2 only took place a couple of months after Vol 1.

yes but that's a different scene

I can't help it.
It's like every Marvel movie made since Batman V Superman has been saying "See! That's how you do it!" with the parental death revelations.

Yeah but the Chain doesn't start playing until they infiltrate Ego's core.
Also, quick note, Yondu just happens to have a ship capable of mining through a planet's core on hand? How long has he been planing this?

And after trying to decide if he wants to be part of the family partway into the movie, the second he gets to the helm of a ship he goes MUST GET TO FRIENDS NOW. He didn't know it but he unconsciously already knew he was part of that family. They are all he has.

Technically he was a kid there, a kid who never got over his mom dying.

>Also, quick note, Yondu just happens to have a ship capable of mining through a planet's core on hand? How long has he been planing this?

it was left over from the time he sliced into the bank of askavaria

It was okay to me. It didn't stand out as being terrible or amazing. I think you might have some kind of bias.

Rocket mentions in passing that it's a piece of mining equipment Yondu previously used to drill into the Bank of Askavaria. With a ship as massive as the Eclector there's room to keep stuff around you might need later.

I'm honestly wondering how they'll approach Rocket's character growth next movie. I mean, he's been the complete asshole twice now, and the end of the second movie tried to have him grow out of it, if only slightly. I wonder if he'll revert back to being a jackass to his friends without any self awareness or if he'll actually still be a jerk but have enough sense to recognize when he's doing it.

Also, do you think Rocket will get a chance to hash things out with his creators (read: kick their fucking asses)?

>Also, quick note, Yondu just happens to have a ship capable of mining through a planet's core on hand? How long has he been planing this?
It's the ship Yondu used to rob a heavily fortified bank previously. They tell you this in the movie via Rocket's dialogue

I imagine he'll still be an asshole to everyone but his friends. Expect a lot of shitty behavior towards the Avengers and to whoever joins the team in Vol. 3.

I expect he'll still be snarky but the crew will find that he fixed the flickering light in their room or whatnot. And I expect he'd going to go straight to his workbench and make more emergency gear. EVERYONE GETS SPARE SPACE SUITS. All the while denying he cares, just doing it because he was bored. Being passive-aggressively nice as it were.

Why do people do all these mental gymnastics just to be contrarian and hate something other people like?

It's so weird when people don't *get* things in MCU movies. Like, it's not that deep, senpai. They probably just do it to generate discussion and get those (You)s.

the romance subplot between quill and gamora is fucking retarded. the only male/female relationship they did right was between mantis and drax

How do you put a tumor inside someone else´s head?

>>"Peter Quill almost ignores Baby Groot throughout the entire movie. This is important," Gunn said. "I think that Peter Quill is, in many ways, a complete absent father to this son that they have onboard. I think Baby Groot's situation is the opposite of mine. I had six kids in my family and two parents. Baby Groot is one kid with many parents. And so, I think at the end of the film, Peter Quill gets this Zune from Yondu, and he sits down to play it. And he's going to have a self-reflective moment for himself -- like he did at the end of the first movie with his mother. The first movie is about mothers. The second movie is about fathers.
>And as he starts to listen to the music, instead of it being a moment that is selfish, Baby Groot crawls into his lap, and as we see Peter Quill looking down at Baby Groot, we see a father's love for his son. And it is a very unselfish moment on the part of Peter Quill. A moment that was completely about him and his relationship to his father, now becomes about his son and passing it on to the next generation and being a part of that. And that's why that moment is so important to me in the movie, and why it is so important to the development of Peter Quill."

It occurs to me that Gunn's GOTG are in a way filling the "weird sci-fi found family"-shaped void left by the Fantastic Four.

Celestials. I ain't gotta explain shit

Carcinogen beams.

>bank of askavaria

wait...I wonder if part of that story is when Peter kissed an Askavarian?

I don't know, man. Me and my friends who went to see the film didn't enjoy it that much. I mean, it's not a bad film. It's just not our cup of tea.

Now everytime I bring it up in a thread I'm called a contrarian just because it doesn't align with my tastes. I'm sorry, the comedy just didn't resonate with me. Maybe 'cause I'm not American?

Because everyone on Sup Forums has convinced themselves the reason they don't have many friends is because most people don't "get" the things they like and so it's either they dismiss the massively successful and popular comic book movie about a talking space raccoon and his tree friend as "Reddit-tier" or accept the reason no one hangs out with them is that they're an asshole.

I mean, I personally would have loved that, but Pac-Man is far more recognizable internationally than anything from He-Man. Like, He-Man is very recognizable in "The West" but I don't think it has much of a footprint outside of America, maybe Britain and Canada.

>"I'm only going to save Quill so I can lord it over him forever and ever and ever and ever and ever because that's how long we're going to be together!"

Little guy was super thirsty

Yeah people have been saying similar things since the first one. It's gotten to the point where I don't think they even want F4 rights save possibly for Galactus and Doom.

Like he fucked an Askavarian for information about the security of the bank?

This isn't rocket science, man. He came right out and said he can manipulate matter. He was growing and planting cuttings of himself, planting a tumor in someone can't be any harder.

I wouldn't blame Quill for ignoring Baby Groot for most of the movie. The film opened with him getting sucker punched by a tentacle because he tried to warn the little guy that he was in danger

It wouldn´t be more appropiate to say "I gave her cancer"

they both work fine

Came here to post this.

He had to be specific. Can't let anyone think she also had a second, unrelated cancer of some sort aside from the tumor that killed her.

>the only male/female relationship they did right was between mantis and drax
There was no relationship there at all. Well, nothing romantic, at least. It was completely platonic. Gunn has even laughed at people commenting on Mantis x Drax.

Peter x Gamora kind of works since she despised him for his lack of honour, but now he's evolved into the leader of their team and proved his worth to her. She is the 'mother figure' in the team, so it makes sense for her to gravitate towards the now 'father figure' of the team (Quill). Also no Richard so Peter fills his shoes.

For friendship, yes. He's a shell of a man (raccoon) and besides being horribly abused he's never been shown a shred of human kindness his whole life. Of course he'd going to glom onto the first halfway trustworthy and friendly person he runs into.

Are you for real? You're putting those two in the same level of importance?

As far as I'm concerned, doctors killed my father, by misdiagnosing his cancer for 3 years.
I have a blanket. It was one of my fathers old blankets from his time in the military. One of the few things he still had after his sister sold all his stuff.
I slept with this blanket pretty much all my life, during childhood, as a teenager and especially after my father died.
It's now safely put away, because it's become so old and fragile that it damages easily. I intend to be buried with it when my time comes.
It is a reminder of my childhood and more importantly my dad.
If I one of the doctors that misdiagnosed my father was to destroy that blanket you better fucking believe I would hold them to the same level of importance, or near enough too.

At the end of Vol 1, after they defeat Ronan and Rocket is sitting in the destruction holding an assortment of twigs crying over Groot, Drax comes over, sits down next to Rocket and starts to slowly pet him to offer him comfort. Rocket immediately reacts like as if he's never been comforted like that before. So like you say, he's so alien to kindness and people loving him, which Vol 2 opens that door up for him.

This also makes the scene in Vol 2 where Drax tells Mantis to pet Rocket all the more funny.

>Sets up background music because he thinks Peter wants it
>Only starts insulting the Sovereign after she starts talking shit about Quill
>Gets super gloomy when Peter leaves him behind when going to see his dad
>Plays his music while he's gone and on Yondu's ship
>The fucking jetpack flashback

Poor Rocket only wanted senpai to platonically love him.

>There was no relationship there at all. Well, nothing romantic, at least.
A relationship doesn't have to be romantic.
It can be a platonic one, like say between surrogate father who lost his daughter and a young girl/woman who's never had a real father figure

Is every GotG thread from this point going to be turned into a Rocket thread?

>surrogate father who lost his daughter
Seriously, Moondragon when?

>Groot was being a dick the entire movie
>Groot was getting pushed around by the Ravagers
>mfw he can't do anything about it
I was the only one laughing, but my entire Kinoplex "awed" and shit like he didn't deserve it. Fucking normies

baby Pratt was so cute!
even with that hair

Have you considered that maybe they just don't like the thing you like?

Did you know Kamaria is Swahili for "like the moon?" And Hovette is obviously similar to Yvette. Sad that MCU Drax doesn't like music though. I would like to see him playing an alien instrument like D'argo.

Never. According to Gunn at least.

I like the surprise mixed with mild indignation as it gives way to acceptance during that scene.

Like you can see him go from "wait, what the fuck is he do-is he fucking petting me like I'm a goddamn animal?" to "fuck it, this feels good and I need this."

I'm glad you'll never reproduce

When will he show up in the MCU?

Sorry about that. We tried to have a thread earlier about him but some screeching autist kept going on about how DnA Rocket was vastly superior and should have been used instead of what became Movie Rocket.

>mfw im already paying child support

>Yondu just happens to have a ship capable of mining through a planet's core on hand?

The lasers they used to cut into the planet were being fired from these tiny circular attachments that moved around on the outside of the ship. I assumed the ship was Yondu's and the laser-firing things were some of Rocket's gadgets.

Rocket mentions that it's a piece of mining equipment Yondu previously used to drill into the Bank of Askavaria. So the lasers were probably always part of it.

how mad would you be if you had a chance to fuck this but your """""""friend""""""" ruined it by stealing her priceless batteries?

>priceless

those batteries are worth a quarter, you can't even buy a decent pair of boots with that

Ha! That's what you get. Women are nothing but trouble and they need to be avoided like poison.

but they were so easy to steal

a quarter is just a third though. How do you buy a third of a pair?

Another Iron Man ripoff?

oh enough about the anulax batteries

No, I am your Mother!

i believe they're called harbular batteries